Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
donald drumpf

last week tonight seriously feels like right wing radio to me now. its like feel good paranoia where nothing gets accomplished through its existence even though at least the words are comprised into mostly-facts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baloogan posted:

dangerous donald :smug:

cutesy names are the refuge of losers

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/billyeichner/status/816354258673012737

This is the only thing I think of when I think about John Oliver.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Serf posted:

should've gone with something like "dickface donald" or "stupid donnie"

https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/798553102961942528

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ahaha

Serf
May 5, 2011

donald dumbass

doofus don

donkeyteeth donald

donalt drump

dumbo donnie

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
The problem is that Democrats don't run o standing up for ordinary Americans. What we need to do is run real progressives like Warren, then we can reta-

https://twitter.com/jamespindell/status/823509050386247680

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
shes such a do-nothing goofy fake that its infurating that theres this half assed cult of personality about her

she was a republican in the 90s

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tiler Kiwi posted:

its weird tho, since you do have people in the democrat party like John Kerry who have proven themselves to be brave, bold, passionate about things that matter, but when put in front of a camera and told to connect with America, just sort of turn into waffling, indecisive, and ineffectual sods... yet again, like Kerry in 2004. in that case, a lot of blame was put upon the campaign staff and strategists, particularly Bob Shrum, who ran a stilted, cautious campaign centered around incredibly vague messages as opposed to challenging W. on things like abu ghraib. i felt Ms.Clinton's campaign was similarly overly cautious; slow on the defense, unconvincing on the attack.

e: got my lovely latin buzzwords mixed up

Kerry nearly got away with unseating a war time president

e:

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

The problem is that Democrats don't run o standing up for ordinary Americans. What we need to do is run real progressives like Warren, then we can reta-

quote:

The live telephone survey (topline, crosstabs) of 508 voters across Massachusetts was conducted Jan. 15-17. It has a margin of error of 4.4 percentage points.

e2:

quote:

Reminder: This is the same polling outfit that, in their final 2016 Senate poll of the New Hampshire Senate race, had Kelly Ayotte six points ahead of Maggie Hassan (and actually had Ayotte hitting 51%). This is consistently a garbage poll and WBUR needs to find a new polling partner.

Nice try, CTR

Dead Cosmonaut has issued a correction as of 14:39 on Jan 23, 2017

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

I would trust a wolf that had eaten two of my five children more than I would trust a poll these days.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Is this your new thing? Posting tweets about how people actually can't stand progressive politicians as a way to defend the huge losses centrism has caused us?

I liked your other gimmick better. You know, when you advocated genocide against economically disadvantaged people.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
:coffeepal:

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Is this your new thing? Posting tweets about how people actually can't stand progressive politicians as a way to defend the huge losses centrism has caused us?

I liked your other gimmick better. You know, when you advocated genocide against economically disadvantaged people.

He’s the new Mitt Romney.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
whatever happened to old mittens, haven't seen him around in a while

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Call me when the Republicans find someone not named Curt Schilling to run against her.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

zeal posted:

He's too busy calculating how much in taxes he will save under Trump.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

zeal posted:

Too busy maintaining his vast database of tree heights by state.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

devtesla posted:

I forever love the comment that's all "where did you find so many gay people in one place?"

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Homeless Friend posted:

He's too busy calculating how much in taxes he will save under Trump.

Tbf, most of the Hillbots are currently figuring out how much their portfolios are gonna grow and how much their tax cuts are gonna be under trump. Maybe even more than would have happened under Hillary!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I have two extremely hot takes I'd like to share before you go on break

First, everybody is trumpeting the whole "nobody got arrested!" thing about the protests over the weekend. Of course they didn't. It was overwhelmingly middle class white women. Arresting them would have looked terrible. The same protests with a bunch of minorities acting the same way and the jails would have been full.

Second, while I'm glad the media is calling Trump on his "alternative facts" I feel like they're really just upset he's so open and brazen about it instead of spoonfeeding them spin. They've been reporting "alternative facts" with a straight face for decades, Trump just doesn't bother being subtle about it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

First, everybody is trumpeting the whole "nobody got arrested!" thing about the protests over the weekend. Of course they didn't. It was overwhelmingly middle class white women. Arresting them would have looked terrible. The same protests with a bunch of minorities acting the same way and the jails would have been full.

Second, while I'm glad the media is calling Trump on his "alternative facts" I feel like they're really just upset he's so open and brazen about it instead of spoonfeeding them spin. They've been reporting "alternative facts" with a straight face for decades, Trump just doesn't bother being subtle about it.

No onei n the media and mostly no one in washington actually cares about a single thing trump says or does other than that he's rude about it

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Thoguh posted:

It's also a really dumb label because a lot of people will just see the word fact. Also yeah, anyone who expected something seriously bad to happen to the women's march besides passive aggression from assholes was frankly delusional. The only worry out of that is that it just ends up cementing suburban liberals' opinions that maybe those minorities should march more peacefully after all.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Kerry nearly got away with unseating a war time president

he could have done so too, but he lost due to going with the strategic advice of a dude that lost the prior seven campaigns he managed. it was an embarrassing failure, in the same vein as Dukakis, and H. Clinton.

just shrugging and saying "well it was a war time president, our loss was actually super good" is not the correct approach to avoiding losing more in the future. And I worry the same excuse finding mentality will prevail at the DNC.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

he could have done so too, but he lost due to going with the strategic advice of a dude that lost the prior seven campaigns he managed. it was an embarrassing failure, in the same vein as Dukakis, and H. Clinton.

just shrugging and saying "well it was a war time president, our loss was actually super good" is not the correct approach to avoiding losing more in the future. And I worry the same excuse finding mentality will prevail at the DNC.

Also, there were a ton of :tinfoil: conspiracy theories that the Clintons didn't want him to win so Hillary could run in '08.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

tadashi posted:

Also, there were a ton of :tinfoil: conspiracy theories that the Clintons didn't want him to win so Hillary could run in '08.

i mean, its pretty easy to imagine this being the truth

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thoguh posted:

Cops in riot gear vs. cops wearing pussy hats

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

devtesla posted:

I think of his Snowden interview about the NSA having everyone's dick pics

Could Trump order NSA to turn over celebrity nudes?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

If dekulakization was good enough for Stalin, it's good enough for me

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
http://nypost.com/2017/01/23/the-clintons-are-hatching-a-plan-for-their-comeback/

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao she is getting reports from mook

clinton/booker 2020 y'all with mook and podesta running the show hahahahahahahahahahahaha

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo they just can't help themselves can they

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

“If someone they knew was running for the Senate or the Statehouse or City Hall, it would be out of character for them not to be supportive,” McLarty told Politico.

ugh gently caress the clinton good-ol-boy network

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

link to the actual article so you don't give the NY Post clicks and also can get more info: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/hillary-clinton-plans-future-234018

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the current primary lineup is going to look like the republican lineup from last year, theres dozens that smell blood and the fact that donald trump is just That Bad is going to mean anyone with a pulse can win.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zikan posted:

link to the actual article so you don't give the NY Post clicks and also can get more info: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/hillary-clinton-plans-future-234018

thanks, i wasnt paying attention nor noticed a source since i pulled an all nighter.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

nonononononononono

Serf
May 5, 2011

anime was right posted:

the current primary lineup is going to look like the republican lineup from last year, theres dozens that smell blood and the fact that donald trump is just That Bad is going to mean anyone with a pulse can win.

they are gonna think this and hooooo boy are they gonna be wrong lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what if she runs just to spite bernie. the same way trump ran to spite obama.

thats a winning formula actually.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Serf posted:

they are gonna think this and hooooo boy are they gonna be wrong lol

oh yeah, thats just the perceived mood in the air right now, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Serf posted:

lmao she is getting reports from mook

clinton/booker 2020 y'all with mook and podesta running the show hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Trump was right, the MSM is full of fake news! I'll toxx right now that Hillary Clinton's name will never again appear on a ballot unless Trump creates a national ballot referendum that says "Should Hillary Clinton go to Jail?" (vote yes!)

If they want to hang around the DNC and play elder statesman that's fine, as long as the people in charge have the good sense to ignore her.

• Locked thread