Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
If you've got a good squad you're talking to with scouts or pilots dropping flares the mortar land ship can do some pretty serious work clearing objectives.

It's still no arty truck tho :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Yesterday on two seperate occasions I had someone position themselves infront of the AA guns I was using in order to kill me with the splash damage. Guess they wanted those sweet points from killing the airship? :shrug:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

A cool drat horse posted:

rented this game and am amazed how loving horrible the framerate is on ps4. Great job EA

Huh? I'm playing on an "old" ps4 and its fine?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'm on xbone but I feel like dice has done a great job at using dynamic resolution to keep frame rates smooth although I have read that fps dips are less severe on xbone

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Anyone experiencing server issues tonight? I keep on getting disconnected from the servers mid-game. I'm trying to level up assault and was actually doing pretty well in the last game with this dogshit class before it kicked me then :(

I'm guessing your score doesn't sync until after a game has finished?

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Huh? I'm playing on an "old" ps4 and its fine?

I've had framerate drop fairly regularly to 15-20 and every other game is fine. It's not like I'm the only other person with issues with it either lol. It's embarrassing on their part

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Abiggoat posted:

Anyone experiencing server issues tonight? I keep on getting disconnected from the servers mid-game. I'm trying to level up assault and was actually doing pretty well in the last game with this dogshit class before it kicked me then :(

I'm guessing your score doesn't sync until after a game has finished?

It was real wacky on Friday night last (piss4?) and we kept getting booted. I chalked it up to playing with goons in USA/Canada/UK at once but it was not great.

also, I think that this is the first time I noticed that my skill cannons tag is gone :( I just took it for granted!

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I've had framerate drop fairly regularly to 15-20 and every other game is fine. It's not like I'm the only other person with issues with it either lol. It's embarrassing on their part

its good on xbox. sorry you have the wrong kind of ram

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

I didn't know you can run FRAPS on ps4 lol

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Can't believe I didn't think until now to switch teams when stuck with useless campers. I've been getting more backstabs in the past week than I have since owning the game. :allears:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
"Destroy 3 vehicles with K bullets"

gently caress you DICE.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Lol at doing medals tho

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Medals are fun sometimes, they make me switch up my playstyle and find new and fun ways to murder people.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

sunday at work posted:

gently caress you DICE.

lol if youve never k bulleted a behemoth to death

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pleads posted:

Medals are fun sometimes, they make me switch up my playstyle and find new and fun ways to murder people.

Ifi look at a medal think "wow that sounds like a pain in the dick" i ignore them. enough look either fun enough to go out of my way, or i can get just by playing normally.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I've had that happen before on Xbox. Rebooting my Xbox fixed it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sunday at work posted:

gently caress you DICE.

I AM THE MOON posted:

lol if youve never k bulleted a behemoth to death

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

never saw this on my launch ps4. it's def butter smooth on the pro but BF1 is one the best looking and playing games on the ps4 period so maybe link us to the other people with this issue?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4RbLyd_0z4

I am John Yossarian's raging bile duct

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I didn't know you can run FRAPS on ps4 lol

It's obvious bitch. Anyways it seems to only be a problem in certain maps on Conquest and I'm returning it after tonight

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

limited posted:

Can't believe I didn't think until now to switch teams when stuck with useless campers. I've been getting more backstabs in the past week than I have since owning the game. :allears:

This changes everything :eyepop:

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

You hosed the whole thing up idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy6yYxD3iXQ

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Having a lot of fun with the BAR Telescopic. The first shot recoil jumps pretty bad but it's a laser beam after that, especially on the bipod. I was having no trouble outsniping scouts who were using the sniper variant rifles. So give it a shot!

Be sure to set magnification as low as it will go (2.5x I think). Otherwise it's really hard to acquire targets.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

It's obvious bitch. Anyways it seems to only be a problem in certain maps on Conquest and I'm returning it after tonight

It seems to only be a problem on your ps4, you mean?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Never had a framerate issue on my launch PS4 :shrug: Maybe your eyes are hosed?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Zipperelli. posted:

Never had a framerate issue on my launch PS4 :shrug: Maybe your eyes are hosed?

I just started playing on PS4 last night after playing on my PC since launch, so I notice some issues but nothing really bad at all. Although the annoying "YOU HAVE LOW FRAMES" icon is constantly showing up.

By the way, any Euro goons on PS4?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

GoGoGadget posted:

I just started playing on PS4 last night after playing on my PC since launch, so I notice some issues but nothing really bad at all. Although the annoying "YOU HAVE LOW FRAMES" icon is constantly showing up.

I get that stupid message on PC when I play on there, but it's due mostly to my poo poo internet connection.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

GoGoGadget posted:

That's not a frames icon, that's a network connection icon.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Yes, the low FPS icon only exists on the PC version unless they changed this from BF4>BF1.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Ah. Makes sense...I did end up having some network issues last night while playing. I am coming from playing on PC, so that's where the confusion came from. Anyway, I never noticed anything too jarring with the FPS, and I have a launch PS4. So the guy that is having FPS issues probably has something wrong with his PS4.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Is that the linked squares icon or the box with the exclamation mark?
E-

Thanks!

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
I see that there's a SA club on Xbone.

Is this a thing I should join?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Posting to get authed into ps4 group. Renzokuken4562

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Are you getting a pro when you return your PS4 or just another vanilla one

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

GoGoGadget posted:

Ah. Makes sense...I did end up having some network issues last night while playing. I am coming from playing on PC, so that's where the confusion came from. Anyway, I never noticed anything too jarring with the FPS, and I have a launch PS4. So the guy that is having FPS issues probably has something wrong with his PS4.

Do you have your PS4 connected through wifi, or ethernet? The wifi on the ps4 is notoriously terrible. I mean, very bad. Ethernet or die.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Do you have your PS4 connected through wifi, or ethernet? The wifi on the ps4 is notoriously terrible. I mean, very bad. Ethernet or die.

Ethernet, but not directly into the modem. It goes through the router. I think it was just a one-off kind of thing.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?

Jay_Zombie posted:

I see that there's a SA club on Xbone.

Is this a thing I should join?

Not unless you like blowing poo poo up and being awesome

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Deep mystery uncovered about Cookout menus recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

frank.club posted:

Deep mystery uncovered about Cookout menus recently

not a mystery but holy poo poo:

Wikipedia posted:

The company opened its first out-of-state store in Spartanburg, South Carolina, on July 30, 2010.

it didn't even make it out of NC until 2010. A legit American success story.

I'll have a chicken strips tray with double hushpuppies, regular old west style, regular cookout style, and cheerwine

*vomits the last 4 Milwaukee's Bests out the car door into the drive-thru lane*