Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Monster infighting is one of my favourte mechanics in games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just poured loads of my limited early game upgrade materials into the Greatsword and it turns out it sucks. cool

i actually really like it because of the rolling attack but yeah it's not great

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The location of dlc2 has leaked and it's what we thought the first one was gonna be so no big surprise Benny out

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

The location of dlc2 has leaked and it's what we thought the first one was gonna be so no big surprise Benny out

This mean londor for anyone clueless.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I don't post spoilers in this thread doofus please leave

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezosSMzPdNQ

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm embarassed to say i never beat the last DLC. i got distracted by something, and abandoned my playthrough.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i'm embarassed to say i never beat the last DLC. i got distracted by something, and abandoned my playthrough.
the boss is the best part. Overall it's decent but kinda underwhelming because souls DLC is usually the best part of the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it was way too short and only had one real boss, but i really loved that boss

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

my favorite parts of the DLC are the millwood battle axe and the slave knight leggings that leave your rear end exposed. I guess the silly viking helmet is cool too

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

same here. i didnt really like it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked the final boss but it was a surprisingly easy/short area.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I really liked the level design and placement of enemies, but the enemies themselves weren't fun to fight

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i liked it, i just got distracted trying to beat the last boss

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

more DLC pics
http://imgur.com/a/d9RrM

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

badass

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
hell yeah

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im gonna gently caress the big guy with no face

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Think I'm gonna do this one blind for once

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i hope this ones longer

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i want to jump back in and do the entire game with a fresh character, but i'm not sure if i want to wait for the DLC or not. does it have a release date?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

i want to jump back in and do the entire game with a fresh character, but i'm not sure if i want to wait for the DLC or not. does it have a release date?
Dude

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

oh, i just watched the trailer, which might also have the release date in it

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

So the Ringed City is the mishmash of poo poo at the end of the game?

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

oh, i just watched the trailer, which might also have the release date in it

what

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

i didn't look at the image with the release date, i just watched the trailer. i saw the thread had new posts, didn't read them, and replied.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's like 5 different aesthetics going on here which is kinda cool. Maybe it will be a bigger set of zones

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

there's like 5 different aesthetics going on here which is kinda cool. Maybe it will be a bigger set of zones

i counted what seemed like 2 or 3 boss encounters. the last one had 2, but one of those was a complete joke.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I wanna do this one blind. See you guys in march

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i'm going to replay bloodborne

Dec 26, 2012

i didn't finish the last one for some reason. is matchmaking good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in ds3? the online is pretty lively at all times. the new duel mode is instant too

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

01011001 posted:

i didn't finish the last one for some reason. is matchmaking good

I've heard the PS4 playerbase is the biggest but I always get matches on PC within like 20 seconds

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

thinking of playing through ds3 again lately

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

It'ts A Good Game

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

HolePisser1982 posted:

I really liked the level design and placement of enemies, but the enemies themselves weren't fun to fight

yeah.

the crow knights were pretty intense, but it felt like too many different themed enemies in one area.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I finally ponied up for a PS4 and I think Bloodborne might be the best Souls game in the series, rally and quickstep are both fantastic additions to the core combat system and trick weapons are extremely fun to use. The visuals & sound design are both god-tier Demons Souls level too, in retrospect I can see why people were a little lukewarm on DS3 coming off the back of this extremely powerful gaming experience.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

multijoe posted:

I finally ponied up for a PS4 and I think Bloodborne might be the best Souls game in the series, rally and quickstep are both fantastic additions to the core combat system and trick weapons are extremely fun to use. The visuals & sound design are both god-tier Demons Souls level too, in retrospect I can see why people were a little lukewarm on DS3 coming off the back of this extremely powerful gaming experience.

yeah, it's my favorite too. enjoy a fantastic game, gamer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gonna be weird feeling playing the DLC since it might be the final bit of souls gaming we ever get

• Locked thread