Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Vladimir Putin posted:

I think Trump is hanging Spicer out to dry. It's so obvious that Trump ordered this now he's throwing Spicer under the bus.

not seeing anything yet confirming a firing, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Has Spicer 2: Alternative Boogaloo happened yet?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Surely when army doctors get ahold of Trump they will fix his chemical imbalances right?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
sean extra spicy

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://thehill.com/policy/technology/315369-technology-issuewatch-newsletter

quote:

President Trump has settled on Republican Ajit Pai as his choice for chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, sources told The Hill Friday.

Pai is currently a commissioner on the FCC board and an outspoken critic of many of the regulations pushed by former Chairman Tom Wheeler, who stepped down Friday.

Most notably, he has been a fierce opponent of the net neutrality rules enshrined in the FCC's Open Internet Order, and all signs point to Republicans gearing up to roll back elements of the regulation.

:waycool:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Trump's just going to fire everyone until no one is willing to work for him isn't he?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Vladimir Putin posted:

I think Trump is hanging Spicer out to dry. It's so obvious that Trump ordered this now he's throwing Spicer under the bus.

yeah haha as if it was spicer's own idea to go out there and whine about something that bruised dear leader's fragile little ego

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

Surely when army doctors get ahold of Trump they will fix his chemical imbalances right?

And turn him into the ultimate killing machine before loosing him on Palestine

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I think it has more to do with how his eyes looked like he cried and how pasty and weak he looked. He, essentially, looked like a petulant grown child crying on stage. Trump, and to be honest more presidents, would not want them to be the person the press sees every day from now on.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

I wonder what the inevitable super ultra mega death star will look like

Nah. That'll be Ep 9. Ep 8 is pseudo-Empire to 7's pseudo-New Hope. Rey will be the talented-but-impatient pupil of Luke Skywalker, who talks backwards now. He tells Rey that she is a person with great destiny but cannot confront Kylo Ren now. Kylo Ren proposes to Snoke that they capture and turn Rey. Kylo Ren captures and tortures Finn and Rey defies Luke's orders to run off and confront Kylo Ren. Kylo Ren defeats her and reveals the horrifying truth: that she's his first cousin.

"Skywalker never told you about your father."
"He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"
"No. He is your father."

A crippled Rey escapes and ponders that her mentor was secretly her long-lost deadbeat dad.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Iron Crowned posted:

Trump's just going to fire everyone until no one is willing to work for him isn't he?

There is always a worse replacement.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
boss boss, you gotta put me in..... theyre saying bad things about your inauguration attendance and i cant let this stand!!!! Now now, i know your general policy is forgive and forget but i have to get out there and set things straight!!!!!!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Covok posted:

I think it has more to do with how his eyes looked like he cried and how pasty and weak he looked. He, essentially, looked like a petulant grown child crying on stage. Trump, and to be honest more presidents, would not want them to be the person the press sees every day from now on.

Who would Central Casting recommend for the role?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Elephanthead posted:

There is always a worse replacement.

So you're telling me there's a chance Alex Jones could be press secretary?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Lol here I thought only lovely movies and video games did the blue and orange poster thing

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Patter Song posted:

Nah. That'll be Ep 9. Ep 8 is pseudo-Empire to 7's pseudo-New Hope. Rey will be the talented-but-impatient pupil of Luke Skywalker, who talks backwards now. He tells Rey that she is a person with great destiny but cannot confront Kylo Ren now. Kylo Ren proposes to Snoke that they capture and turn Rey. Kylo Ren captures and tortures Finn and Rey defies Luke's orders to run off and confront Kylo Ren. Kylo Ren defeats her and reveals the horrifying truth: that she's his first cousin.

"Skywalker never told you about your father."
"He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"
"No. He is your father."

A crippled Rey escapes and ponders that her mentor was secretly her long-lost deadbeat dad.

That is the current running theory on how all this will go down, yes. Except the backwards talking Luke, I don't think they'd go that far.

Serf
May 5, 2011

haha i hope the pepes are happy when the internet is destroyed

unfortunately it will not be destroyed enough to please my luddism

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump should hire carrot top to replace spicer

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

boss boss, you gotta put me in..... theyre saying bad things about your inauguration attendance and i cant let this stand!!!! Now now, i know your general policy is forgive and forget but i have to get out there and set things straight!!!!!!

a whole room of boys stumbling over themselves trying to decide if low angle pictures should be physically brought out or just put up on the screens

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

triple sulk posted:

trump should hire carrot top to replace spicer

At least the pressers would be less whacky

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Sure am glad 4k content streaming will be dead in the water thanks to the GOP, the media companies will all be so happy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
as in, comcast will be very happy

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Honestly making the internet more of a pain in the rear end and way less accessible is probably the best thing for our democracy long term. Shame all public access to it like libraries will be burned

Covok
May 27, 2013

D1E posted:

Well, no one Trump could get, but, gently caress, I'd see if I could get Morgan Freeman to do my press conferences if I was President. Can you imagine Morgan Freeman doing that? Nothing he'd say would incite outrage. I could have him say that I secretly tortured and killed children just to see if their pain could prolong my life and did so using taxpayer dollars to fund the kidnappings and people would hear Morgan Freeman read the press statement and go "Well, I guess it's okay."

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

duel links is adding pegasus

cant wait to use the millennial eye

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ben Carson should be press sec

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

It's so obvious that Trump out Spicer out to die whether intentional or not on that Saturday pr as conference. I mean who really thinks it was Spicer who thought to say that Trumps inauguration was the most watched in history period. That's so obviously Trump.

And now that Trump has hosed up he's blaming it all on Spicer. Spicer is a scapegoat for his boss's fuckup.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DeptofDefense/status/823515639302262784

Has this been posted yet

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

That is the current running theory on how all this will go down, yes. Except the backwards talking Luke, I don't think they'd go that far.

They'd even be able to bring back Empire's creepy incest vibe with Kylo Ren hitting on his cousin and proposing they rule the galaxy together. The bloodline of Anakin Skywalker must remain pure. Perfect Empire homage.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

haha i hope the pepes are happy when the internet is destroyed

unfortunately it will not be destroyed enough to please my luddism

It's probably just going to become a luxury utility; to the point that a person will have to make a choice between making their car payment or paying for internet service.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4146020/WH-Press-Sec-Spicer-s-media-grudge-began-college.html

Sean Sphincter :laugh:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Honestly making the internet more of a pain in the rear end and way less accessible is probably the best thing for our democracy long term. Shame all public access to it like libraries will be burned

people aren't going to stop using the internet in any significant capacity no matter how much more inconvenient it becomes, we've been collectively wired to rely on it for everything

more likely is that telecom consolidation will allow them to start selectively censoring information online, further restricting access to actual objective facts

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Iron Crowned posted:

This reads like hope

There is no hope

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

click

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Covok posted:

Nah, Mace is Snoke and he's plotting to annihilate the Skywalker line by having Kylo kill Luke, Rey kill Kylo, then kill herself form the guilt of killing her family member.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Imagine a Ben Carson press conference that starts with him looking at the props set out for him as though it was the first time he has ever seen anything like it, and then just kind of freewheeling in a napping sort of way until he starts answering questions about our recent invasion of Iran about stories about how he used to run in high school

Serf
May 5, 2011

Glimm posted:

There is no hope

always important to remember this part

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Id be in favor of a kill all Jedi plan tbh

They seem to cause at least as many huge problems as they solve

Yeah they fight the Sith but they also are the ones that become them too

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

trump is going to be above the fold in every issue of 2600 for the next four years

cant wait to see how that turns out for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

D1E posted:

• Locked thread