Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

sakeyake posted:

Have you tried just not running any overclocking/GPU monitoring software at all? I've never been able to run EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner and Marvel Heroes at the same time without constant black screens I can't alt-tab out of.

Oh, hm... interesting thought, but no dice, it seems. :suicide: :gaz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

i'm gonna be a dissenting opinion on ghost rider sucking--can't comment on chains but damnation is good as hell right now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Giedroyc posted:

Emma Frost (pure mental just seems unviable)

Mental Emma owns. Apply dot, use your timers, hit your drain psyche button to get 700+ life per second while your pet does stuff

Grinning Goblin posted:

At least Jean is getting Energy as a main attribute this upcoming week.

I'm surprised people even care outside of LORE. It's not like she has any spirit problems at all.

Lozareth posted:

Also tried out melee Vision. It's hard to find a good balance with him. He's simpler to play now but also suffers from needing 2 more hotkeys. His damage output is better than ever but he's farrrr squishier now that there's no bar space for healing nanites or his invisibility.

Vision really hurts from lack of hotkeys :(

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I haven't played in like a year, but I logged on to check out the update. At least Summoner Doom seems to work roughly the same as he always has. I'm sure his itemization is all wonky but it's still "you summon roughly a billion things and everything dies while you have no idea what the gently caress is going on."

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Okay, I just got four (at once) after about two hours of play. Did they futz it up or something or what's the what here

They didn't mess up the eternity splinter drops, they changed it. They even said so in the patch notes.

Now anytime you get an eternity splinter drop, you have a chance to get from 1-5 every time.

I have already gotten 5 splinter drops a handful of times over the last few days, so I am assuming it is not that rare.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Messed around a little bit and all the changes feel a bit overwhelming. I am optimistic for the changes, though, since it feels almost like a new game except I don't have to start out with nothing. Loki's pet spec still seems to play mostly the same, but I have no idea how the gently caress to even try to play a spec based around his sword.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Just to add to the list of non-working traits already mentioned, Taskmaster's Double Time trait for Action! doesn't apply the +100% to base attack speed.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Surfer's Electroflux lives again, because hahahaha holy poo poo it's basically humanely impossible to stack board dash to 10.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

Surfer's Electroflux lives again, because hahahaha holy poo poo it's basically humanely impossible to stack board dash to 10.

I DO THIS OUT OF COMPASSION

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Another nonworking trait/ability combo:
Nova's bottom-left trait, which is supposed to make his CD abilities lower the CD of his sig, now permanently disables his Unstable Pulsar ability if it's used while the sig is active.

You have to swap him out and back in for it to get back to normal.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
So this is the first time actually playing in like four months. I spent like 3 hours last night just working on my inventory problems and stuff. Couple questions:

1. Is it still All Hela, All the Time as far as blessings are concerned?
2. Since everything is now based around Stats, is the easiest way to gear now just load in whatever stuff gives you the most + to your two Archetype stats?

Star-Lord seems fun now, I think I'll go and prestige him.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Strange Matter posted:

So this is the first time actually playing in like four months. I spent like 3 hours last night just working on my inventory problems and stuff. Couple questions:

1. Is it still All Hela, All the Time as far as blessings are concerned?
2. Since everything is now based around Stats, is the easiest way to gear now just load in whatever stuff gives you the most + to your two Archetype stats?

Star-Lord seems fun now, I think I'll go and prestige him.

Hela now gives rating rather than a flat percentage so it's subject to diminishing returns. There are are now different types of blessing; Offensive, Defensive and Utility. There's also Odin's blessing, which has an additional +1 all attributes bonus if you have one of each type equipped. These can be freely swapped around so it's worth playing around and seeing what works.

And yeah gearing around your archetype seems to be the way to go so far. Some of the old all hero artifacts have very high bonuses.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Overminty posted:

And yeah gearing around your archetype seems to be the way to go so far. Some of the old all hero artifacts have very high bonuses.
No kidding; my wife had the smuggest look on her face since she had a stash full of formerly useless Any-Hero uniques that now have insane stat bonuses.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Strange Matter posted:

No kidding; my wife had the smuggest look on her face since she had a stash full of formerly useless Any-Hero uniques that now have insane stat bonuses.

If it helps they're still dropping like flies in cht :v:

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Lozareth posted:

Tried out chains Ghost Rider and, man, GR got ruined. His awesome bike-riding badass ult got changed to a wimpy, crappy thing where tiny chains appear and spin around and spit fire on their own with no control of where they do damage.

Ghost Rider has a talent that turns his Whirling Chains into his old Ult, or at least the "ride your bike swinging a chain" part of it. The weirdest thing about his design is the talent tier that affects his Infernal Contract, mostly because there's an argument to be made to pick nothing at all.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Can someone invite Drashin to the supergroup?

mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Wilson: Why don't you buy your canes at a medical supply store like a normal cripple?
House: Fewer bitchin' choices.
My two mains: Doom (summoner), Squirrel Girl (level 32 cosmic today).

I am so lost.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I started playing Diablo 3 to scratch that ARPG itch, and now this drop. Can anybody provide me an update on my Metal Mans? War Machine, Colossus, Iron Man, and Luke Cage.

I'm hoping the update actually put some balance effort in to the people who were lackluster, and some polish into heroes that were janky to play, but you know, Gaz.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Carol gets a different costume when prestiging now? Does anyone else?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Carol gets a different costume when prestiging now? Does anyone else?

She has the Captain Marvel costume as a default now, and only people who played her before the change still have the old Ms Marvel costume.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Zaodai posted:

I started playing Diablo 3 to scratch that ARPG itch, and now this drop. Can anybody provide me an update on my Metal Mans? War Machine, Colossus, Iron Man, and Luke Cage.

I'm hoping the update actually put some balance effort in to the people who were lackluster, and some polish into heroes that were janky to play, but you know, Gaz.

Balance is still..kind of weird

There's still nothing in the game to do except prestige, which requires doing the storyline from start to whenever you hit 60 (which with a few boosts is around chapter 3), but they also seem to be breaking at least one quest line a day which prevents you from continuing at some point. It was Taskmaster a few days ago, yesterday (did they fix this?) it was the actual prologue.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Balance is still..kind of weird

There's still nothing in the game to do except prestige, which requires doing the storyline from start to whenever you hit 60 (which with a few boosts is around chapter 3), but they also seem to be breaking at least one quest line a day which prevents you from continuing at some point. It was Taskmaster a few days ago, yesterday (did they fix this?) it was the actual prologue.

I prestiged this morning and had 0 issues. Get on my level.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
Corey wants me to tell you all that She Hulk is good now

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Yeah story changes kinda suck, you can't just do prologue, chapter 1, hood, shield outpost, elektra, kingpin, juggernaut, mags etc etc now. You have to do every part of the story on each chapter. Unsure if you can do green story and red story seperately.

On the plus side they altered some hero synergies (gambit has energy, emma durability, ultron intelligence which I think is a change). You can now fly through doorways without getting stuck. You'll also never be without a fearsome fist of farrah.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I forgot how much story dialog there actually is. Angela Laura Bailey The Boss just has no goddamn chill.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I can't just infinitely jump around as Hulk anymore, what the gently caress is this garbage bullshit posing as a video game?

E: Alright looking around on the guys I own, melee Iron Man seems to be a similar flavor of hilarious, is it possible to make him have infinite suit energy through uniques or anything? I don't know poo poo about how end game stuff works in this.

Orv fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 23, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
How is Iron Fist, I want to level a guy from 1 for the patch and I like to punch things

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Iron Fist is more or less identical to how he played pre-patch.

Which means: he's very good and has multiple fun and viable builds.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Overminty posted:

Banned my account I fast tracked with £880 just as got the account to "max" stats KiIljoy account created May XX XXXX On 18th of Sept 2015 I was banned from this game without reason. I emailed appeals team and still have not had a response to the matter. Gazillion are clearly breaking their... own terms and conditions and eula agreement. They have not opened dialogue on this at all to discuss refund of transactions on account or to uban the account. I have a ban on the primary Ultimate Account I had for selling it. Which is fine I broke the rules on that account. But I have not on this fresh account, no rules broken whatsoever. Nowhere in their eula and terms and conditions does it state that the INDIVIDUAL is banned for ETERNITY if banned for selling an account in the past. Ive posted on their twitter, facebook etc. nothing. will not engage on this at all. I am also not going to let this drop. £880 is a lot of money. I feel robbed. Regards ******* *****

lol if you get banned in this game. I botted like 10 goks with thor and I'm still here.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
What artis are people using on nightcrawler? anything good with speed on it?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

mutantmanifesto posted:

My two mains: Doom (summoner), Squirrel Girl (level 32 cosmic today).

I am so lost.

Summoner Doom still seems roughly the same, as far as I can tell, especially since a lot of the old good gear for him was straight +% damage to summons and not dependant on +INT.

mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Wilson: Why don't you buy your canes at a medical supply store like a normal cripple?
House: Fewer bitchin' choices.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Summoner Doom still seems roughly the same, as far as I can tell, especially since a lot of the old good gear for him was straight +% damage to summons and not dependant on +INT.

Good point. SG needed that +INT, so I gotta figure her out. Right now my doom has his gear because cosmic.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zaodai posted:

Colossus is pretty good - he's still very much just a basic punch mans, but he has a full range of Cyclops call-ins, no spirit, and the only downside is some forums sperg has gotten them to put a stupid looking headbutt in his punching animations.

Giedroyc posted:

Yeah story changes kinda suck, you can't just do prologue, chapter 1, hood, shield outpost, elektra, kingpin, juggernaut, mags etc etc now. You have to do every part of the story on each chapter. Unsure if you can do green story and red story seperately.
There's just 'Story' - there's no difference between green or red versions.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Can you still get seals of conflict?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

malhavok posted:

Can you still get seals of conflict?

Yeah when they have civil war back on again

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
I played this game about a year and a half ago and had a generally cordial time punching things as Captain America. Has it improved much since then? And how difficult is it to get new characters without dropping megabux?

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Mental Emma owns. Apply dot, use your timers, hit your drain psyche button to get 700+ life per second while your pet does stuff

I didn't have minion equipped. Now I do and despite you having to have a slot for minion at all times because they vanish without it yeah she's decent. Managed to cosmic doom with no deaths, but took awhile.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Spiderman's R button justifies literally every fuckup Gaz has ever made.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

MeLoki Hybrid Summoner/Enchanter Guide

I've been seeing a few people express confusion at Loki's new mess of talents and mechanics so here's my initial thoughts and how to build and what works/what doesn't.

So, Loki's talents kinda make it look like you want to specialize in one magic between Asgard/Hel/Muspelheim/Jotunheim. This is only kinda true. Jotunheim and Hel are both not great on their own, full Muspelheim can do an OK but boring Gram build if you like fire and Asgard is straight up the old summoner build with like one additional power. (That is, if you wanna just keep doing Summoner Loki from pre-patch, go full Light/Asgard and the one summoner talent and boom, you're done and completely viable.)

Let's take a look at two things: the tier 1 talent Otherworldly Journey, and the power Otherworldly Blast.

Now, Otherworldly Blast is nuts. It's not super damaging on its own, but look at that rider. You might not get the +30% bonus damage per power you'd get from specializing in one type of magic, but you get +10% and now every single one of your damage layers gets +100% damage, forever. Just be sure to Blast every layer you use--there's no cooldown.

Enchantment effects are basically every power in the left tree that's not a filler or Otherworldly Blast. You can check the tags. Now, the big thing here is that those buffs from Journey? They all stack, it's easy to get one of each type with the following setup, and all of them are great layers.

Gram isn't a great filler for this build because it's expensive, and you won't be maintaining enchantments to buff it because they get spent by Blasting. Staff Blast is ok if you wanna stay at range, but what I've been finding works best is actually keeping my summon gear on and using Spatial Deception (which still scales Hard with summoner stats) to fill out the rotation. Great damage, and the summons let you survive pretty well in melee even in the newly difficult Cosmic patrol zones and such.

This is all still changing a lot, obviously. If anyone sees any changes that work well here please let me know, big L is one of my favorite characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I was sold when you said i could keep my summon gear on.