Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Inkel posted:

those stupid dirt poors should have spent their money on spaceship jpegs and not blown it all on some silk noose :shrug:

Aristocrats were hanged with a silk rope, allegedly quicker and less painful. Fortunately CIG would never waste backer money so all ropes are to be made from harvested pubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

SEA PATROL

The new Grim Hex bar looks great.

Someone needs to show this to Chris, we need a SEA PATROL module and concept ship sale.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

AlbieQuirky posted:

Imma spacemop the spacefloor at the spaceMcDonald's for a few hours, mom

You gonna space toast in the space toaster?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kosumo posted:

Are we adding standing up and navigating around a coffee table to the Lesnick Pizza Challenge?

Lesnick Memorial Challenge. :colbert:

HycoCam posted:

When we find out the MoMa really is Chris Roberts and TheAgent is Erin Roberts--I'm going with, "I knew it all along!"

Old news, called it in my July blog.

AP posted:

EXPECTED RESULT
When I quantum travel back to Port Olisar the ring should not be floating next to the station.

I for one am a big fan of the spinning Port Polaris ring. It's probably the most interesting "emergent" thing in the game.

ripptide posted:

So, just curious.....anyone else expect to see Toast get catapulted out of the couch a la Wiley Coyote when Ben plopped down?

No? Just me?

Yea yea, I know, I'm going to hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR8HKxtRUvM&t=16s

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
http://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-star-marine-impressions

quote:

Only it’s not really runnig around, it’s more like ice skating or juddering around the two levels. It took some time to get the mouse sensitivity tweaked to a level that made it playable, as it’s quite fiddly and over sensitive to adjustment in the option. Even when you do nail it to a setting that should feel right, it still feels wrong. Very wrong.

quote:

With continual pressure from backers to show new content, it’s understandable that CIG has to show something but the quality of Star Marine at this point in time does not put Star Citizen in a good light.

After enduring Star Marine I have come to the conclusion that Star Marine is probably not worth looking at again for a long time. Anyone thinking it’s worth trying Star Citizen for this FPS module would be better off looking at something else. Anything, in fact. Anything would be better than what I have just experienced. Maybe one day it will deliver, but I’m not feeling too confident about that right now.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Citizens fighting the good fight in the comments section!

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

AP posted:

EXPECTED RESULT
You successfully walk forwards.
The game should have started.
All objects in FOV should be seen
Expect to operate Pilot controls normally when 2nd crew member is seated
Normal reload animation with no magazines left floating in the air and no magazine missing from the gun meanwhile.
When I quantum travel back to Port Olisar the ring should not be floating next to the station.
Targeting should make sense - not flick an array of players based on no priority. There should be an option to target enemys nearest to you or ones you are looking at - and next hostile target should toggle through the enemy in proximity order, not random order.
To aim with gimbals i need to have a pip
That white box should not be there. I think there might be a missing art asset.
Since we dont have rocket launcher or something to kill an ship from EVA, there should be an armistice zone. But if we have rocket launcher it will be ok because we will be able to take an secret exit and counter attack
The ship should stay where it is.
To shoot freely without inflicting self-damage
The asteroid to block gun fire.
Game does not crash.
I expected the ship to move forward when I apply throttle, but all I can do is pitch and yaw.
No idea, perhaps add an extra layer of whatever invisible wall normally blocks passage?
If a player has used their last respawn and have none left, if the respawn message simply went away, they would know they don't have any left.
An expected result would be a normal stair without texture/wall overlapping (and also a the "finished" wall at deck 3)
weapons should fire normally regardless of flight mode or camera view
For all NPCs to be engaging in dogfight maneuvers.
Not to have a locked camera.
I should see a door
Ship remains intact when manoeuvring and not crashing
The shop keeper should sit in his shop.
The ship should have 0% visual damage when spawned
get a normal standing in the elevator when it is going up
The character isn't holding a weapon and the normal jumping animation should be triggered instead.
The match should start on the first try, as I am connected with the proper authorization.
Game should have continued as normal. Possibly even lose some frame rate at first.
I expect ships that are not purchased with REC to show up in all areas of the game.
Success on EVA.
Chat showing.
Boarding deaths should have nothing to do with crimestats.
shields come on line in alignment with ship profile
able to use screens, select refuelling options etc in 3rd person, or be able to get back into first person view.
The ship should barely move when *touched* by a human's worth of mass.
fire weapons with no issue's
The main thrusters would move
Flight controls should remain consistent, and not fade with use.
Player geometry should not have been able to move through the floor and I should not have been able to interact with it
Open hanger, all items there. I have cancelled my subscription until this gets resolved as I PAID for some of the missing items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neNlBtD2pi4&t=45s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u08LWMy1HVE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BszVeyA5Rg

One thing I fail to understand is how citizens write this stuff and keep faith. The only way we can reconcile these two things seemingly at odds is if citizens think "yeah, I'm making a difference, this bug report is going to be reviewed and fixed!"

Sadly; most of these are not bugs at all, they're the symptoms of an unstable design. Probably some aspect of engine abuse as well but who knows.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I am not sure what I would prefer most.

- Game review sites increasingly starting to hint or openly warn people to stay the gently caress away from the train-wreck that is the Star Citizen project or
- SC reaching beta or release something in some form (SQ42 prelude) and getting terrible reviews with no "but it's still pre-alpha" to hide behind.

I tend to think the second option would be more hilarious; and more realistic considering that game sites would rather hide behind community polls and cautious optimistic commentary while SC is still officially under development (and in pre-alpha).

It would also be interesting to hear what people in the industry and popular title game developers really think about what this project's feasibility and viability chances are. Based on my experience, I'd bet that there wouldn't be one among them that wouldn't consider this project at this point hosed and way beyond salvageable.

But again, at least publicly we won't be hearing much of that (ok Derek is one, but he is pretty much it so far, right?) until it's absolutely safe to say so and not get attacked by colleagues and especially Shitizen cultists/shills.

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016

AbstractNapper posted:

It would also be interesting to hear what people in the industry and popular title game developers really think about what this project's feasibility and viability chances are. Based on my experience, I'd bet that there wouldn't be one among them that wouldn't consider this project at this point hosed and way beyond salvageable.

But again, at least publicly we won't be hearing much of that (ok Derek is one, but he is pretty much it so far, right?) until it's absolutely safe to say so and not get attacked by colleagues and especially Shitizen cultists/shills.

Wiz from paradox posted here about his view. He said it will be the best game ever and if we dont buy in now we are stupid.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Theres a few reasons they don't go out of their way to go after SC.

1. Gaming news is a hobbyist industry. It exists to give readers previews and reviews of stuff inside the hobby. There isn't much pressure to do "investigative journalism" etc as its not the reason they exist.

2. Going out of your way to gently caress with CIG can backfire horribly if by some miracle its successful they lose access to a "big" part of the gaming industry and other gaming companies might not want to give them info if they go out of their way to screw a company.

3. As long as they don't go "Buy an Idris now!!!" being neutral to mildly positive has 0 risk.

4. Most people who want to read SC news like SC so being overly negative is counterproductive.

5. Unless they can dead on balls PROVE its a scam, etc, they don't want to open themselves to liability however remote.

6. Writing a negative SC article not only pisses off CIg but also pisses off their internet savvy fans who trash the website around the internet.

Some sites obviously will write negative articles about SC but they judge the risk is worth the increased viewership by writing something controversial. IGN doesn't really need to do stuff like that.

Right now in the gaming news industry the current tack on SC is "don't bother or if you must write something be carefully neutral."

TrustmeImLegit fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 23, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

AbstractNapper posted:

it's a complete joke in dev circles

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Most probably just honestly don't give a poo poo. The only legit news that comes out for SC is "Gamescom happened" and "Citcon happened, no game yet".

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Some linkedin profiles being updated

Senior Sound Designer left September 2016 after 2 years 6 months
Vehicle Artist left December after 1 year 11 months

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Its OK that they lost the majority of the senior leads in 2016. Its Good that the only high level guys left are the idea guys. You can just hire more people to Make something.

This is Fine.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Did anyone say alternative game development yet

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Did anyone say alternative fats yet

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mr Fronts posted:

Did anyone say alternative fats yet

Even that simple change might actually help Ben some…

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Its OK that they lost the majority of the senior leads in 2016. Its Good that the only high level guys left are the idea guys. You can just hire more people to Make something.

This is Fine.

They wouldn't have left if they didn't feel the game would do fine without them

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Propagandist posted:

Did anyone say alternative game development yet

Taking holidays and buying Porsches is certainly an alternative to game development.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

They wouldn't have left if they didn't feel the game would do fine without them

This is a Good point. I feel Better about this now. In fact, the fact that they left indicates that the game is basically Done and the lower level devs are just putting polish on.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sandweed posted:

I thought Smart was an right wing dude that's friends with Vox Day and poo poo.

That's some Poe level stuff in there, so watch yourself.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Sandweed posted:

You think he agrees with the politics of a while supremacist because the two of them agreed about Star Citizen on a podcast?

Now I'm going to go out on a limb and say his most recent tweets may not be the first clue that this was incorrect.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

This is a Good point. I feel Better about this now. In fact, the fact that they left indicates that the game is basically Done and the lower level devs are just putting polish on.

They just need to tighten up the graphics on level 3

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
They just need to tighten up the levels on graphics 3

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sandweed posted:

I too only speak to, and associate with, people who share my every belief exactly as I believe it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

radd posted:

So you're not going to reinvest in Star Citizen?

Too busy playing RimWorld.

The husky my colonists started with got mauled by a cougar. They saved his life but he lost his paws. Now he just lies there in his sleeping spot, unable to move. One of the colonists feeds him when he's hungry. Fortunately he had puppies with another husky so he gets to spend his life watching his children romp around.

A good dogge.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hobold posted:

How much more blatantly scammy does this poo poo have to get, before people wake the gently caress up?

Some people won't.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I too only speak to, and associate with, people who share my every belief exactly as I believe it.
To be fair my "points of disagreement" with Vox Day go a little beyond "disagree about space games". If some neo-nazi rear end in a top hat offered me airtime to speak about whatever I wanted the only reason I'd take him on his offer would be if I knew I could get away with bashing the fash live.

People have been arguing if "the ends justify the means" for centuries but what exactly were the "ends" that could possibly have justified associating, giving visibility or simply having a polite conversation with this scum? poo poo, maybe ISIS really loathes Star Citizen and would be willing to give Derek a segment in between beheadings.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The husky my colonists started with got mauled by a cougar. They saved his life but he lost his paws. Now he just lies there in his sleeping spot, unable to move. One of the colonists feeds him when he's hungry. Fortunately he had puppies with another husky so he gets to spend his life watching his children romp around.

A good dogge.

Everyone should give this game a go, I've just noticed my play time on it has gone past 50 hours. It's a really fun game if you like the idea of sci fi dwarf fortress with graphics that mean you can comprehend what's going on.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

spacetoaster posted:

in your case that might actually be a p good idea

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Whenever I see a Leaver, I look at his job title and add it to my list of things finished in Star Citizen's development. It's my own secret little way to keep track of development, and let's say I'm feeling plenty confident :smug:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

To be fair my "points of disagreement" with Vox Day go a little beyond "disagree about space games". If some neo-nazi rear end in a top hat offered me airtime to speak about whatever I wanted the only reason I'd take him on his offer would be if I knew I could get away with bashing the fash live.

People have been arguing if "the ends justify the means" for centuries but what exactly were the "ends" that could possibly have justified associating, giving visibility or simply having a polite conversation with this scum? poo poo, maybe ISIS really loathes Star Citizen and would be willing to give Derek a segment in between beheadings.

I actually just googled the dude (because I never heard of him). Is he actually a nazi? Like, he's said it? He seems like just a regular rear end in a top hat.

There's an awful lot of this:

going around these days.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

it's a complete joke in dev circles

Go on....

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I actually just googled the dude (because I never heard of him). Is he actually a nazi? Like, he's said it? He seems like just a regular rear end in a top hat.

There's an awful lot of this:

going around these days.

Hes a Nazi in the same way Trump, Bush, and every other republican in the last 40 years are Nazis.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

A good dogge.

You need to research those animal prosthetics ASAP! Unless you don't have that mod of course.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Chalks posted:

Everyone should give this game a go, I've just noticed my play time on it has gone past 50 hours. It's a really fun game if you like the idea of sci fi dwarf fortress with graphics that mean you can comprehend what's going on.

Friggin' addictive "just one more turn" game. I was leary of a pixel-graphics game with only a couple devs, but he's doing a great job. Add in all the mods and there goes any free time.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Hes a Nazi in the same way Trump, Bush, and every other republican in the last 40 years are Nazis.

I actually resent people using the term "fascist" the same way republicans call everyone to the left of Pinochet "communists" because we lived under an actual fascist dictatorship for 48 years.
Vox Day is the real deal. Just because modern fascists aren't wearing black shirts doesn't mean they aren't fascists. They can talk about "defending western democracies" (from the invaders) and "protecting women" (from muslims) all day long but don't let that fool you, the important part is what's between brackets not what's between quotation marks.

You might put a suit on a fash and teach him a couple of expensive words but he's no less a fash than a skinhead knuckle dragger on army boots.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Some people won't.

I just can't loving wrap my head around this one, but the reality is, we see this kinda poo poo happen in the real world. Even after its exposed, convictions are handed out and people are jailed, there are still staunch backers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

I actually resent people using the term "fascist" the same way republicans call everyone to the left of Pinochet "communists" because we lived under an actual fascist dictatorship for 48 years.
Vox Day is the real deal. Just because modern fascists aren't wearing black shirts doesn't mean they aren't fascists. They can talk about "defending western democracies" (from the invaders) and "protecting women" (from muslims) all day long but don't let that fool you, the important part is what's between brackets not what's between quotation marks.

You might put a suit on a fash and teach him a couple of expensive words but he's no less a fash than a skinhead knuckle dragger on army boots.

lol, nazis under your bed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNgkgZ0eOMs