Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

mlmp08 posted:

ffs. Anyone know if this hiring freeze affects government employees applying to fill a new position in the federal government since that's not net growth?

Really awesome timing as we move into the spring/summer manning and PCS cycle. gently caress you, military spouses!

Our acting directors gave us a briefing this morning. They said we are totally frozen until we hear what the exceptions are. Then, the one at department HQ said he is going to spend the day walking through the halls trying to find an unfamiliar face who will tell him what to do. This guy is an SES, probably 2 or 3. Maybe 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, this is odd.

First, Wikileaks starts attacking Trump over the tax return line. Then, RT posts a bunch of moderately Trump-unfriendly articles.

Now, the Russian military is literally inventing US-Russia joint operations.

https://twitter.com/gordonnyt/status/823589891355209730

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Not surprising. The whole point of supporting Trump in the first place wasn't necessarily to get Trump, but to delegitimize American democracy and sow chaos. They also like to throw bones to the less discerning members of the American left who aren't aware that RT is legit Kremlin propaganda.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

"Bikers for Trump"

*gets into limousine*

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

FastestGunAlive posted:

I've decided to be petty af and turn about is fair play etc so I've just been asking all my dumbass friends on social media if they need safe spaces whenever they get butt hurt over something. "Well I don't actually care what celebrities think" k but then why you post so many articles about Streep then.

This dude needs a safe space too

I broke a guy's brain the other week when he went on a 'Actors need to stfu about politics' rant by mentioning that Saint Reagan was an actor and Donald Trump was more famously known as a TV star.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

In good news, I was walking out of the gym and saw a guy entering with an Aperture Laboratories shirt on. I said, "love that shirt man." And he said, "thanks man!" And it felt good.

The world still has hope.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Well that was fast.

https://twitter.com/carolynlochhead/status/823587747000680448

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:laffo:

Returning the power to the people my hairy rear end.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Bolow posted:

"Bikers for Trump"

*gets into limousine*

That's just a Town Car, and Town Cars are old as gently caress at this point.

Just a car service.

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

New Secretary of the Air Force pick is the President of the college I work at.

Heather Wilson... she was a GOP congressman from New Mexico and came here a few years ago. She was a decent University President and kept really low key in the job, which was nice. I think she came here as a last post before retirement and I get the vibe that she is sorta reluctant to go. But St. Mattis must have talked her in to it.

Blessed be his name.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

oh my goooooooooooooooood

Sean Spicy Salty scheduled to do a "press briefing" any moment now (unless they delay for an hour or two)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6gMfIsUB-s

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

VikingSkull posted:

That's just a Town Car, and Town Cars are old as gently caress at this point.

Just a car service.

Stop being pedantic.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It may not even be a limo. Executive was the base trim, and L just means long wheelbase. They weren't all converted.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

SwampDonkey posted:

Stop being pedantic.

It's not being pedantic, the dude is getting into a loving taxi which is miles away from a limo.

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012

What does this mean? (English aint my first language)

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

VikingSkull posted:

It's not being pedantic, the dude is getting into a loving taxi which is miles away from a limo.

Whatever gently caress you I'm one windfall away from being a millionaire and I take a limo every day to work. I mean an uber, I take an uber everyday

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Sean Spicer has jokes!

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

VikingSkull posted:

Wearing his "biker" costume. Which was the whole point of the photograph because it's not a motorcycle.

Pedantic.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

A Handed Missus posted:

oh my goooooooooooooooood

Sean Spicy Salty scheduled to do a "press briefing" any moment now (unless they delay for an hour or two)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6gMfIsUB-s

I just tuned in, any meltdowns by him so far? All I'm seeing is him reading off a summary of this morning's executive orders.

And my god, he can't read off a script for poo poo.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
I guess I expected a press secretary to be pretty cool and poised behind a microphone, but Spicer sputters and dribbles like a high school freshman that put together his presentation 5 minutes before class started

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Guacamayo posted:

You cannot call the White House anymore. If you want to complain, they want you to post it online where they can ignore it more easily.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Guacamayo posted:

Either they're completely swamped with phone calls, or they're removing a pretty much meaningless way for people to contact the White House to voice their opinion.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
hahah the Skype Press Seat announcement just makes me think it's going to be some guy like Alex Jones shown on an iPad + Segway setup.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just tuned in, any meltdowns by him so far? All I'm seeing is him reading off a summary of this morning's executive orders.

And my god, he can't read off a script for poo poo.

not yet

he is actually taking questions now though

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Guacamayo posted:

The White House turned off the telephone answering machine that was dedicated to recording people's comments.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

:lol: Spicer uses question about Russia's claim that the US carried out joint strikes on ISIS to talk about how Trump wants to make the area small business friendly. What the gently caress:?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Handsome Ralph posted:

:lol: Spicer uses question about Russia's claim that the US carried out joint strikes on ISIS to talk about how Trump wants to make the area small business friendly. What the gently caress:?

PMC puts on sunglasses

Massive explosion

You could say business... Is booming.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 23, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
NH JJDKDHVRHDGDSJDV

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/823608573334876160

WHAT

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Literally the prince of lies.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

YES!

We're back to inauguration attendance and viewership numbers

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

A Handed Missus posted:

YES!

I'm glad that this is the question with the most detailed response yet.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Handed Missus posted:

YES!

While I'm sure it's more incompetence then intentional, this has done a magnificent job of knocking any real news about the Women's march off the headlines.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/823609807416475648

Godfuckingdamn.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Just referred to Theresa May as a head of state. :lol:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

Just referred to Theresa May as a head of state. :lol:

Oh come on, of all the things to work with, that's best Spicer is giving? :lol:

iverson
Apr 25, 2012
I think that's kind of a bullshit thing to ping on. It was pretty obvious he meant disagree over the facts. It's his job to speak clearly and his phrasing wasn't ideal but I don't think that what he said was any more than fumbling on his words. Not on the same level as Conway's alternative facts.

Edit - What's driving me nuts is these softball questions. That woman must have spent a couple hours cutting all the sharp edges off of her climate change question.

iverson fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 23, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

iverson posted:

I think that's kind of a bullshit thing to ping on. It was pretty obvious he meant disagree over the facts. It's his job to speak clearly and his phrasing wasn't ideal but I don't think that what he said was any more than fumbling on his words. Not on the same level as Conway's alternative facts.

The man tried to argue that Nielsen ratings didn't include CNN, so if you added the CNN rating and the Nielsen ratings, Trump clearly had the most numbers.

It's the press secretary equivalent of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

redneck nazgul posted:

The man tried to argue that Nielsen ratings didn't include CNN, so if you added the CNN rating and the Nielsen ratings, Trump clearly had the most numbers.

It's the press secretary equivalent of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

Thank you for referencing Scott Steiner math. Everyone should watch this clip, regardless of what you are currently doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

VikingSkull posted:

Well his bike had glitter on it, you can't expect him to drive around on that, can you? People might think.,.,

• Locked thread