Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Hey man, that sounds pretty darn neat. Congrats!

CommieGIR posted:

Blow them all away with your paper magic.

If we're all still here I'm going to put the rough draft on the May 2017 Chat Thread so y'all can edit it and I can put "The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > May Chat Thread: Post Your Post-Apocalypse Commuters" as a reference in a paper published in a scientific journal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Just bought another Blipshift shirt that I didn't need and decided to submit an idea for them. Here is to hoping that my idea doesn't suck and maybe they like it.

When's your new car getting there?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Darchangel posted:

That Doctor Who, not WHO doctors.
(Fun fact, Peter Capaldi, the current Doctor, played a doctor in World War Z, credited as "WHO doctor". And the WHO facility was in Cardiff. If you didn't follow all that, you're not nerdy enough. Or just don't do British Sci Fi.)
No, I'm nerdy enough that I say Doctor Who ended twenty years ago.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Ether Frenzy posted:

When's your new car getting there?

Enclosed transport should be picking up tomorrow and delivered to me probably Friday! I got the title, one key, and all the service paper work in the mail from my friend letting me stash the car at his house until I could arrange the shipping. It's seriously been the longest couple of weeks of my life!
It also snowed about 12 inches at my house just this weekend so it will likely stay garaged for a while. First things are register/inspection then alignment. Then wait until it gets warmer and turn the tires to smoke (for AI glory) and then get some Pilot Super Sports.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/01/24/2017-01798/special-observances-national-day-of-patriotic-devotion-proc-9570

Check this poo poo out. Y'all ready to celebrate Dear Leader's ascension? Because he's already signed an EO to make the day of his inauguration a holiday.

quote:

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United
States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by
the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby
proclaim January 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic
Devotion, in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to
our country -- and to renew the duties of Government to the
people.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Liquid Communism posted:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/01/24/2017-01798/special-observances-national-day-of-patriotic-devotion-proc-9570

Check this poo poo out. Y'all ready to celebrate Dear Leader's ascension? Because he's already signed an EO to make the day of his inauguration a holiday.

Bloody hell, that's a poorly-written piece of trite garbage.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

He's totally not a dictator. Nope. Not at all.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

My dudes - I know we are all freaking out a bit over the current political circumstances but can we keep it on the minimum? I come here to escape from Facebook and everywhere I turn I am being blasted with more crap about how everyone sucks and blah blah blah. :smithicide:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Liquid Communism posted:

Wtf. I knew he was a narcissist and a fascist but I didn't really expect him to go this full-bore that fast

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InitialDave posted:

No, I'm nerdy enough that I say Doctor Who ended twenty years ago.

Oh, the new guys are OK. I actually rather liked David Tennant, and Peter Capaldi being a bit of an old arsehole hearkens back nicely to William Hartnell and Colin Baker.
BTW, have you seen "An Adventure In Space And Time"? Good docudrama on William Hartnell and the beginning of Doctor Who. He apparently (eventually) really cared about the character, the show, and how it affected folks, especially kids.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Adventure_in_Space_and_Time

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Somewhat Heroic posted:

My dudes - I know we are all freaking out a bit over the current political circumstances but can we keep it on the minimum? I come here to escape from Facebook and everywhere I turn I am being blasted with more crap about how everyone sucks and blah blah blah. :smithicide:

Report the post that concerns you and the moderator will quickly address your concerns.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Seminal Flu posted:

Report the post that concerns you and the moderator will quickly address your concerns.

HA!

Realtalk : Just as a thing for everyone to know FactsAreUseless wants any issues PM'ed to him while we are modless. Probably wont be any given how calm this place usually is but he's happy to look into concerns.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The only real concern is invasion by oh so funny trolls.

Really, look at the no mods no masters thread. We're the kids in class that when the teacher mysteriously disappears without giving us something to do start doing homework.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Powershift posted:

The only real concern is invasion by oh so funny trolls.

Really, look at the no mods no masters thread. We're the kids in class that when the teacher mysteriously disappears without giving us something to do start doing homework.

My reign of terror was short lived and unfunny

Much like I hopefully will be

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Liquid Communism posted:

This is some funny poo poo right here. :v:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Darchangel posted:

Oh, the new guys are OK. I actually rather liked David Tennant, and Peter Capaldi being a bit of an old arsehole hearkens back nicely to William Hartnell and Colin Baker.
BTW, have you seen "An Adventure In Space And Time"? Good docudrama on William Hartnell and the beginning of Doctor Who. He apparently (eventually) really cared about the character, the show, and how it affected folks, especially kids.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Adventure_in_Space_and_Time
I had severe issues with Russell T Davies' horseshit, not least because I've seen what the guy is actually capable of doing for that kind of show (the old kids 3-ep Dark Season), and what he kicked out for Who was just atrocious. And I like Christopher Ecclestone. There was the odd gem like Blink (funnily enough, because it was written by someone else), but the new show just annoyed me into not watching it. For all the cheesiness of the old show, it was a lot more genuine, and I lost faith in ever seeing something like Genesis Of The Daleks. And sweet Jesus, loving Torchwood.

I'll check out An Adventure In Space And Time, that's from after I stopped owning a TV, and no-one recommended it to me at the time, so it passed me by.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Realtalk : Just as a thing for everyone to know FactsAreUseless wants any issues PM'ed to him while we are modless. Probably wont be any given how calm this place usually is but he's happy to look into concerns.
Frankly, I'd rather we just policed ourselves.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

guys imma knock a pencil off my desk on purpose :coolfish:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

We probably will for a bit longer at least - but eh just in case we get some idiot dropping in.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

We probably will for a bit longer at least - but eh just in case we get some idiot dropping in.

oh hai

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Right bak at u

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

InitialDave posted:

I had severe issues with Russell T Davies' horseshit, not least because I've seen what the guy is actually capable of doing for that kind of show (the old kids 3-ep Dark Season), and what he kicked out for Who was just atrocious. And I like Christopher Ecclestone. There was the odd gem like Blink (funnily enough, because it was written by someone else), but the new show just annoyed me into not watching it. For all the cheesiness of the old show, it was a lot more genuine, and I lost faith in ever seeing something like Genesis Of The Daleks. And sweet Jesus, loving Torchwood.

I'll check out An Adventure In Space And Time, that's from after I stopped owning a TV, and no-one recommended it to me at the time, so it passed me by.

You owe it to yourself to at least watch Day of the Doctor and Heaven Sent if you haven't already, easily the peak of their respective Doctors. Time of the Doctor is a nice follow-up to the former, too, and a great capstone on Eleven's run.

The show completely changed gears once Moffat took over (he's the one who wrote Blink if you weren't aware).

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I finally found my missing box of Legos. For some reason they were in my garage :stare:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

lego is the best. :D

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Oh poo poo are we showin' off LEGO?

Your unimog lookin' thing is the coolest, csb

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Enclosed transport should be picking up tomorrow and delivered to me probably Friday! I got the title, one key, and all the service paper work in the mail from my friend letting me stash the car at his house until I could arrange the shipping. It's seriously been the longest couple of weeks of my life!
It also snowed about 12 inches at my house just this weekend so it will likely stay garaged for a while. First things are register/inspection then alignment. Then wait until it gets warmer and turn the tires to smoke (for AI glory) and then get some Pilot Super Sports.

The first question you're going to have is "Why does the car lurch when accelerating somewhat briskly???" and I'm going to point you to the article on pilot induced oscillation. Acceleration in this car requires dedication and commitment, keep your foot in it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Liquid Communism posted:

So it turns out, that this is apparently a fairly normal (albeit seemingly strange) Presidential tradition:

President Obama did the same thing in 2009, only his was a National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation.
https://web.archive.org/web/20091101095516/http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/NationalDayofRenewalandReconciliation2009

George W Bush called it a National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving:
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=29760

Clinton called it a National Day of Fellowship and Hope:
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=62463

George H.W. Bush also called it a National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving:
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=20424

What a weird tradition, but obviously nothing to call out the Trumpster for I guess.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Well huh. I just learned something odd about our government. Well, something else odd.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Seminal Flu posted:

Free meatpimp

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Really about the only need for a mod.

Ether Frenzy posted:

The first question you're going to have is "Why does the car lurch when accelerating somewhat briskly???" and I'm going to point you to the article on pilot induced oscillation. Acceleration in this car requires dedication and commitment, keep your foot in it.

I thought commandments one through ten of the V8 is never lift

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Safety Dance posted:

Oh poo poo are we showin' off LEGO?

Your unimog lookin' thing is the coolest, csb

http://imgur.com/a/w9Ubz

Itsa jeep aev brute. it *was* their unimog kit. stripped it to the axles and built a jeep instead. v10, two speed smg trans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-sraDPAT1M

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Village idiot #2 present and accounted for. I've been behaving. Looks like #1 (meatpimp) and #3 (TT) are also behaving.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I seem to remember some of you being interested in my old legos, so here's a shameless self plug

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807213

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
The admins should run a script that makes anyone in AI with more than 10,000 AI posts a moderator. There's be 3 of us like the old days. Remember Toilet Duck?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I went to get some groceries earlier today and I swore to god that I saw her. And it took me a couple beats to realize it was not her and to remember that she was dead. That shook me up pretty bad, I flagged an employee over, explained I had to leave and apologized for the items in my cart and went to my car where I cried for a bit.

I guess I was fooling myself when I said I was gonna be fine from here on out.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

DJ Commie posted:

The admins should run a script that makes anyone in AI with more than 10,000 AI posts a moderator. There's be 3 of us like the old days. Remember Toilet Duck?

I met Toilet Duck when I wa in Canada. Cool guy in person

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

DJ Commie posted:

yeah but then wed have to have dj commie as a moderator

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

DJ Commie posted:

I'm pretty sure I'd be up there. I don't think I post anywhere other than AI, the various cat threads and one of the old computer threads where stern Germans discuss scanlines.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

So I went to get some groceries earlier today and I swore to god that I saw her. And it took me a couple beats to realize it was not her and to remember that she was dead. That shook me up pretty bad, I flagged an employee over, explained I had to leave and apologized for the items in my cart and went to my car where I cried for a bit.

I guess I was fooling myself when I said I was gonna be fine from here on out.

It may be helpful to speak to someone about this. People react to loss differently and there's no shame in talking with someone who understands the process.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

nm posted:

It may be helpful to speak to someone about this. People react to loss differently and there's no shame in talking with someone who understands the process.

Came here to post this. Counselling has helped me through some dark poo poo. It helps.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My appointment is Friday. Soonest she could get us in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Rhyno posted:

My appointment is Friday. Soonest she could get us in.

Good to hear. If you need somebody to bounce poo poo off of before then, feel free to ping me.

• Locked thread