Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

InfinityComplex posted:

Apparently the edgelord's event is rerunning after this one. Same details save for story clearers getting a specialized challenge for them.

Another chance at getting him; I'm still not going to bother because of his artwork.

About drat time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

InfinityComplex posted:

It's basically some kind of interactive vn from what I heard, that, or a vr dating Sim with mashu

Mashu in the streets, mash you in the sheets.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

Ok.

Farming Dangos is tiring.

It seems like it would be intolerable without having one of the 5* CEs on almost every party member (or every one in my case). But with 5 of the +3 dango CEs plus the +100% dango one (which is a bit better than the +3 one when doing the 40AP quests) I get a couple hundred dangos from every 40AP quest run. The last 40AP quest was giving me about 225-250 regular dangos each time.

I'm almost done buying almost everything that uses the regular dangos (except the 5000 dango CE, though I already have one before the event so I don't need to buy it). What is the ideal way to farm the golden ones? I'm doing the first 40AP quest and figure I'll convert the regular ones to golden ones once I finish buying all the regular dango rewards in the shop.

It's nice how the first 40AP dango quest can also drop Hearts. i've gotten 4 I think, in addition to the 10 from the shop. It's also nice the shop gives pages also, though I need even more due to both Waver and Merlin using them for their skills.

edit: nm I looked it up, it's Dante

Oh wait, that's lame, this event doesn't even have a shop to get materials? Summon tickets are okay I guess but I'd rather get mats.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 22, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not a grinding event, it's a challenge one. It was made solely for players who were caught up at the time to give them something to challenge them since the game was pretty drat easy by all accounts.

This did not change that you could still beat it pretty easily and with the game the way it is now I can't imagine it not being piss easy. This is also probably more of an excuse to give people another chance to get Edmond since he only had one chance to get him last year aka the original run of this event meanwhile Jalter got like three.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like his character design, but his skills seem kinda lame. And 2 Quick cards (plus a Quick NP) despite having low star gen).

Is the reason why the MC from F/GO is called Gudao/Gudako because "GUrando ooDAa" (the "gu" from "gurando" and "da" from "oodaa")?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pretty much yeah.

Also he's solid and an avenger class servant is never bad to have, but if you're looking at things from a practical perspective you're gonna want Jalter more since she's one of the best servants in the game.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've been browsing the wiki just looking at various servants, and Caster Gilles seems like possibly the shittiest servant I've come across. He has one skill that seems potentially good/interesting until you notice that it dispels on stunning (it has an X% chance to stun each turn for 5 turns).

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

I like his character design, but his skills seem kinda lame. And 2 Quick cards (plus a Quick NP) despite having low star gen).

Is the reason why the MC from F/GO is called Gudao/Gudako because "GUrando ooDAa" (the "gu" from "gurando" and "da" from "oodaa")?

They're not officially called Guda(k)o. But yes. Mostly.

To elaborate a bit:
Previous to the release of Grand Order, TM comissioned Keikenchi (who draws Koha-Ace) to do a comic to hype FGO, which became Fate/Guda Guda Order, featuring Nobu and Okita (and Medusa). I assume it's Guda Guda because Guda's a corruption of Grand (Gurando).

While it was always basically a comedy with a half-assed feel, as the release date got pushed back and the serialization extended it got more and more whatever-ish. At one point they introduced the protags, and when questioned for their names, they went "uh... Gudao and Gudako?". (The joke being the obvious placeholderiness of those names)

It caught on with the fanbase, so here we are.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Official name is Ritsuka Fujimaru because of the First Order anime. Name's used for both the male and female MCs because they're the same person anyway.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Ytlaya posted:

I've been browsing the wiki just looking at various servants, and Caster Gilles seems like possibly the shittiest servant I've come across. He has one skill that seems potentially good/interesting until you notice that it dispels on stunning (it has an X% chance to stun each turn for 5 turns).

I raise you a Saber Gilles

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Been playing Extella. It's kind of amazing how much Cuchulainn's fortunes have improved now he's in the same game as another Lancer who actually deserves to get poo poo on constantly.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

Been playing Extella. It's kind of amazing how much Cuchulainn's fortunes have improved now he's in the same game as another Lancer who actually deserves to get poo poo on constantly.

Diarmuid is in Extella?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In my brain he's one of the random flunkies.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Darth Walrus posted:

Why do you hate Karna? :argh:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I read the Mahabharata recently and goddamn Karna really deserves E luck because even if he's a bro he's got really shafted by everyone and everything.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

The wonders of having D-rank Luck instead of his normal E.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Alllllright, that's an event done.

All that's left are the stat boosters and I don't care that much about 'em.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

InfinityComplex posted:

Alllllright, that's an event done.

All that's left are the stat boosters and I don't care that much about 'em.

Dude, an extra set of stat boosters is like, one of the best things about every event.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Dude, an extra set of stat boosters is like, one of the best things about every event.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Why do you hate Karna? :argh:

Awful, gaudy, way-too-busy design that clashes horribly with the sleek, stylish aesthetic of Stay Night and Zero.

But we all know I was really talking about Liz.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Can someone tell me if I should scrouge up for a vita and buy it next month, beg until I can buy ps4 version or pray to satan for a steam release?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Plutonis posted:

Can someone tell me if I should scrouge up for a vita and buy it next month, beg until I can buy ps4 version or pray to satan for a steam release?

For Extella? I feel like a PC release could happen but I feel like if it did you'd be waiting a good while for one. Ask god to throw you a PS4 from the sky and have it come with the Mash VR game.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

4100 Dangos in I get the 5th CE as a drop. So goddamn happy right now

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wuxi posted:

Come to think of it, even after buying literally everything in the shop except the 5000 dango CE I never had one drop while grinding. Which isn't a big deal since I had one to start with, so I only needed 4 more to limit break it, but it must have a really low drop rate.

edit: For the purposes of grinding money, I'm assuming the 40AP money daily quest gives more than converting dangos to money?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Wuxi posted:

First or second 40AP quest?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Aumanor posted:

First or second 40AP quest?

First, since I still need the rare dangos. It also feels slightly more braindead to play

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wuxi posted:

First, since I still need the rare dangos. It also feels slightly more braindead to play

Yeah, just bring an Archer with an AoE NP for the second round and finish charging the Archer's NP during the first round. Only issue is getting the Archer's NP charged up since you'll (ideally) have one of the event CEs that don't give NP charge equipped.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, just bring an Archer with an AoE NP for the second round and finish charging the Archer's NP during the first round. Only issue is getting the Archer's NP charged up since you'll (ideally) have one of the event CEs that don't give NP charge equipped.

I've been relying on support Ishtars with the event CE since she's got a decent NP charger skill.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, been relying on a friend lvl100 Gil with NP2. He doesn't even need a single buff to easily oneshot the 2nd wave

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So Extella's main plot seems to be your descent through the three circles of increasingly terrifying waifus, with Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus as the least fearsome option, and it's pretty great.

Also, Nero's reaction to meeting Altera, a living embodiment of eldritch destruction in a human-shaped shell, being ':stare: oh my god I need her in my bed right now' was quite something.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I just finished up Archer's side story in Extella and I can't decide if his little ending is :smith: or :unsmith:

F/SN Rider's was amazing tho

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Finally have a chance to do this event, and it's funny how easy it is compared to last year. Kaleido-Mordred + Kaleido-Quetzalcoatl + Support Jeanne for Dragon Witch clears the first 40AP in one turn each. Which is good, because I need more talons to get Mord's Mana Burst and SoP to 10.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Darth Walrus posted:

Awful, gaudy, way-too-busy design that clashes horribly with the sleek, stylish aesthetic of Stay Night and Zero.

But we all know I was really talking about Liz.

I like Liz, but I only really know her from FGO. That's going to remain true until the two guys working on the CCC translation finish and I can play it :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Liz is basically the main rival servant of CCC and she's an amazing servant who changes from master to master and plays off of all of them fantastically.

Even Hakuno.

That translation is never getting done btw.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Let us dream, man! People said that about the boat and about HaitusxHunter and they happened! :negative:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I too hope for the Super Robot Wars Alpha and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment fan translations to be released any day.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Thinking about it, I really want the stupid Raikou raid rerun to happen soon. I want to to get my Rider Kintoki to grail status damnit.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

InfinityComplex posted:

Thinking about it, I really want the stupid Raikou raid rerun to happen soon. I want to to get my Rider Kintoki to grail status damnit.

Same, because i want another chance at rolling for MILFzerker

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Somehow it concerns me when my gold apple are under 300, and then i did a double take and I actually have 386 gold apple left. :boobeer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

Somehow it concerns me when my gold apple are under 300, and then i did a double take and I actually have 386 gold apple left. :boobeer:

I have zero golden apples. I used to have 100 but then used a bunch over the course of a couple events.

Do you just rarely use them?