Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

super macho dude posted:

wRestle In Peace, he's now shitposting in that great impact zone in the sky :911:

e:also, congrats to Galloway!

At first I read this as the guy giving commiserations for Drew winning the Grand Championship :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lmao Chris Regal hated Dixie by the end

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

At first I read this as the guy giving commiserations for Drew winning the Grand Championship :sweatdrop:
i thought that was :thejoke:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Let's see what TNA Mecca has to say about Jimmy Snuka:

quote:

I had no issues with it. I was glad they recognized it and recognized his passing. For wrestling fans, for many of them, he meant a lot to a generation of fans. I’m glad that they acknowledged it.

It’s the wrong form, in my view, to continue to wear out a topic of a trial that never happened and a court case that’s been dismissed. I don’t know what happened and all this other stuff regarding Jimmy and the lady that was murdered. But golly, there’s a time and place to discuss those issues. And one would think that we’d have enough intelligence to let the family – he had a lot of kids, man. They have friends and they have cousins and I think to just let the family grieve before we go back on this Oliver Stone quest of proving Jimmy Snuka posthumously was a murderer. It’s ridiculous. It’s embarrassing.

Oh wait no that was Jim Ross

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I was pretty disappointed with his latest podcast when he initially said some diplomatic things but then out of nowhere adds in,"Let me just remind everybody that the case was thrown out and I'll leave it at that...." as if the case had been found to be groundless or something instead of being abandoned due to Snuka's dementia and expected short lifespan.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

has anyone replied to TNAMecca's tweet with some variety of "Congrats. He will carry the brand into the future"?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
A big belated congrats to J-ru for his moddening. I see you all around whenever I browse or post in the forums, whether it's in TVIV, PSP, or sometimes even ADTRW (I think? Not so sure about this last one). I still take great pride in beating you in one Doctor Who sheep game.

And thanks for making my avatar for me too! After so long without one I was super happy to win one, and I'm glad you could whip one up for me. Feel free to throw a fancy "Gifs by J-ru" text with some hearts or stars or something on it, if you want to throw your mod powers around, though I suppose I should admit I know nothing about mod abilities.

I'd sing your praises in the thread dedicated to singing your praises, but it's locked, so here is where I'll leave it.

Also, I want TNA to live until the final days of life on Earth. Or better yet, I want to see a six-sided ring set up in the first colony outside our solar system :allears:.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NowonSA posted:

sometimes even ADTRW (I think? Not so sure about this last one).

Absolutely, definitively not :)

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Jerusalem posted:

Absolutely, definitively not :)

Ah good, my mind has not completely deserted me then, only mostly deserted me.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jason Sextro posted:

has anyone replied to TNAMecca's tweet with some variety of "Congrats. He will carry the brand into the future"?

ChrisRegal has just been signed to a new multi-year contract.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pity, he should have switched to WWE if he wanted a proper burial

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

St Evan Echoes posted:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Jason Sextro posted:

Congrats, he will carry the brand into the afterlife

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

St Evan Echoes posted:

:drat:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 24, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh yeah Kenny was totally destined to be the next big thing. :psyduck:

Also definitely read "Alex Riley" as "Alex Wright" at first and hoo boy would that have been something.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

Let's see what TNA Mecca has to say about Jimmy Snuka:

Remember, there are still fans who want Benoit in the HoF

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Push Das Wunderkind

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

DJExile posted:

He was supposed to be the breakout member of the Spirit Squad. Future hall-of-famer, until JOHN CENA got his hands on him.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I thought it was because he didn't like John Cena getting his hands on Mickie James?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

DJExile posted:

That's funny, that post was authored by a "KD"...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

Remember, there are still fans who want Benoit in the HoF

He as never even indicted so he is more innocent than Snuka!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Kenny Dykstra is lucky they even remembered him enough to bring him back for a short lived joke feud with Ziggler on Smackdown.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alex Riley was the drizzling shits so I'm totally okay with Cena burying him

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Benne posted:

Thing is, my beef with Riley was never so much that he stunk and was over-pushed, there's lots of guys like that in wrestling. It's the incredibly loving entitled attitude he had despite never paying much in the way of dues or accomplishing anything in the business. Ego's fine if you can back it up with ability, or if you have a body of work that speaks for itself. Riley never did anything worth a drat. He botched offence on the regular, was a loving childish moron on Twitter, and acted like the world was crazy for not allowing him more success. Remember the loving glee we all reacted with when Owens bailed on fighting with Neville, and then snuck in one last cheap shot at Riley who was laying there outside? That wasn't just because people like Owens. It's because Alex Riley is the most useless, unwanted talent WWE has ever used on TV. I don't think it's a coincidence that guys like Ryback and Cody Rhodes are able to get bookings and nobody's heard a peep from Riley since he got shitcanned. Those guys, even if you're not a fan are professionals who do their jobs and work reasonably hard.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Benne posted:

I've only been to one house show before. Alex Riley was the 2nd most over man on the show. Above Punk & Rey Mysterio. Let that sink in.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dsriggs posted:

I've only been to one house show before. Alex Riley was the 2nd most over man on the show. Above Punk & Rey Mysterio. Let that sink in.

You were in a building full of idiots?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

coconono posted:

You were in a building full of idiots?

It was a WWE house show, of course I was. Admittedly, it was about 2 weeks after his split with the Miz, but still...

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, Riley was briefly hot after his face turn. Briefly.

It was more of a testament to how great of a heel The Miz is, because people were begging Riley to turn against him. Come to think of it, that explains the former hype for Sandow. :aronrex:

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

super macho dude posted:

Push Das Wunderkind

This is a good opinion and has no place in this thread.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, Riley was briefly hot after his face turn. Briefly.

It was more of a testament to how great of a heel The Miz is, because people were begging Riley to turn against him. Come to think of it, that explains the former hype for Sandow. :aronrex:

It doesn't explain the hype for Sandow at all. The Miz was getting zero heat in his new gimmick and a one-off comedy gimmick became a permanent gimmick and totally hijacked the act. It was more a testament to how bad the Miz was from when he lost the WWE title until mid 2016.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

It doesn't explain the hype for Sandow at all. The Miz was getting zero heat in his new gimmick and a one-off comedy gimmick became a permanent gimmick and totally hijacked the act. It was more a testament to how bad the Miz was from when he lost the WWE title until mid 2016.

Most of his turnaround was probably Maryse, though he did cut a hell of a promo about how DBry abandoned his fans.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

This aint gamin baby, this is real life!

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

There was that one video of Ziggler hitting Breeze with a Superkick on Up Up Down Down.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre right

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rusev continues his character development of being the best babyface in the company

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Damien Sandow would've gotten fired a lot earlier if he tried rapping on Raw

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Benne posted:

Damien Sandow would've gotten fired a lot earlier if he tried rapping on Raw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_8f3Y2O5H8&t=48

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph