Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nita
Apr 27, 2008
It's great because the frequency that we were flashing colors is the same exact rate as in-game effects, meaning that anyone with true epileptic seizures with frequency triggers isn't actually playing STO because the game itself would trigger seizures. But this fact won't stop pubbies from crying about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

hakimashou posted:

It's a space game yeah.

you son of a bitch

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

DonDoodles posted:

GUARANTEED to give people seizures. Jog my memory quick: what's our confirmed seizure total for all of our flashing images? You'd think it'd be in the hundreds or thousands by now the way some people bitch about it.
30-40k have seen the first batch of signatures by now, but those were all pretty benign.
From the posts on the forum I'd expect the posters to get a epileptic fit from seeing the rainbow flag in the wind.

Maybe we should just cut down on the colors.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope

fakemirage posted:

30-40k have seen the first batch of signatures by now, but those were all pretty benign.
From the posts on the forum I'd expect the posters to get a epileptic fit from seeing the rainbow flag in the wind.

Maybe we should just cut down on the colors.

This makes some sort of interference sound come out of my monitor, truly your best work yet.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Yeah, must be colors. Same reason why forum pubbies get so mad when the Stonewall fleet advertises their annual pride event. That never fails to rile them up.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Huh. Seems PWE are emailing out free T6 sovereign codes to some people.

FYGM etc etc

(I wouldn't have paid for it at any price but for free I'll take it)

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

DancingShade posted:

FYGM etc etc

:same:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Got one too. Wonder if it's just random or if they noticed I basically haven't played in a month+.

Also they're doing a giveaway thing again for Season 12. It's the formal wear costume today.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Hey I got one too.

Didn't they just release this not long ago?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
New lockbox: More TOS stuff

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10361233

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Yeah I was just about to come in and gloat about how I was never going to fly this free Sov I just got, but oh well.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yesss look at that outfit.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yay, more hats!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Yup I'm getting that outfit day 1.

The kdf ship is pretty ugly, the other ones look alright. Pink jellyfish is cool.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Aleth posted:

Yay, more hats!

And how, it's a fez!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
hard-core autist already bitching about the free formal wear costume given away today for the anniversary

[NoP Public Service] Du'Ralle Bistruck@mjaybird: This one was not a free giveaway when 95% got it last year for free
[NoP Public Service] Du'Ralle Bistruck@mjaybird: How is it nice when they give it to us for free and 95% have it already

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

DancingShade posted:

FYGM etc etc

Classic cryptic

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

hakimashou posted:

And how, it's a fez!

The article mentions the 'Zambean outfit', too, which has no picture. A quick search suggests it's these guys, or in-game top left in this.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 23, 2017

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
I got the same "Free T6 Intel Sovvy!" email, and I also haven't logged in pretty much since the I got the Winter Event ship.

Sadly, I already bought the T6 Intel Sovvy during the last big sale (with dil->zen, natch).

In my defense, it's one of the best-looking ships in the game.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Aleth posted:

The article mentions the 'Zambean outfit', too, which has no picture. A quick search suggests it's these guys.

please let it be true

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

hakimashou posted:

Yup I'm getting that outfit day 1.

Max out the thigh slider, time to show off my leg day gains.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Extra stuff: the NX refit with the secondary hull will be a lobi ship, so the price should be good. And the Pulse Phasers have a chance to reduce the target's damage resistance while increasing your own. Very nice.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Wizard of the Deep posted:

I got the same "Free T6 Intel Sovvy!" email, and I also haven't logged in pretty much since the I got the Winter Event ship.

Sadly, I already bought the T6 Intel Sovvy during the last big sale (with dil->zen, natch).

In my defense, it's one of the best-looking ships in the game.

Soooo... what are you gonna do with your code?

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Defiance Industries posted:

Soooo... what are you gonna do with your code?

I'm 99% sure they're account-bound, so forget it even happened after about five minutes.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Wizard of the Deep posted:

I'm 99% sure they're account-bound, so forget it even happened after about five minutes.

same sperg who was whining in nopps about already having the tuxedo thing also had a fit since he didnt read the description for the lv50-60 token and wasted it

:rip:

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
If you signed up to get a code, make sure to thank PWE and Cryptic for the hookup:
http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1227395/special-thanks-to-pwe-for-the-soverign-codes-from-starfleet-dental#latest

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
If someone has a code for a ship or whatever, that they already have, mind if i grab it, unless you can sell it, then sell it I guess, I'm just gettin' back into trekkin'
or maybe i got it too? who knows...? i'll go check.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

That thread didn't last long unfortunately. I do like how the current community manager just lets them be instead of hiding them though.

Thanks special community person who we totally don't know *wink*

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Got that email too. Is it one of those different ship for each faction or straight up Fed ship?

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

I spent many spacebux to upgrade from a blue inhibiting secondary deflector to a purple one, then noticed I suddenly have 40 less control. Turns out blue ones randomly give you an extra unlisted 40 for no reason I can surmise and purple ones don't. Goddamnit STO.

Xy Hapu fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jan 24, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anita Dickinme posted:

Got that email too. Is it one of those different ship for each faction or straight up Fed ship?

Think it's just "hey here's an enterprise and if you don't play fed then lol" situation.

Fortunately that means most of the playerbase is happy since that's exactly what most play.

Hmm, the trait on it isn't terrible. I guess.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Aleth posted:

The article mentions the 'Zambean outfit', too, which has no picture. A quick search suggests it's these guys, or in-game top left in this.
:neckbeard:

hakimashou posted:

same sperg who was whining in nopps about already having the tuxedo thing also had a fit since he didnt read the description for the lv50-60 token and wasted it

:rip:
He's been banned from a couple of channels, and is notoriously... different.
I think he was muted or banned from NoPs for a bit.

Anita Dickinme posted:

Fed only.
I think they should start giving away KDF ships as an incentive to play the other factions.
Actually, they should just outright give fed ships to kdf players, as a captured bounty. Preferably the ship should come with a auto-generate name that it grabs from a random role-player's bio.

staberind posted:

If someone has a code for a ship or whatever, that they already have, mind if i grab it, unless you can sell it, then sell it I guess, I'm just gettin' back into trekkin'
or maybe i got it too? who knows...? i'll go check.
I think the code is account bound.

I've sent you an invite to TNG, instructions are in the OP.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If I was trying to increase KDF or Rom populations I'd maybe give out some free T5 (non account bound) ships for reaching max level for such characters over a month long event or something.

You'd still make money from people buying upgrade tokens if nothing else. Then again maybe gamble boxes make so much cash none of this matters :shrug:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

DancingShade posted:

Hmm, the trait on it isn't terrible. I guess.

The problem with the trait is that it's competing with other much better traits, and the only eng powers who's cooldown matters are EPtX and A2D with both have cooldown/duration doffs already. Might be nice for a newer player but that's already kind of a shitshow anyway.

That said, the ship itself is pretty alright and it kitbashes better than other Cryptic offerings. Thankfully the version they're giving out is the Intel variant.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Blow up ESD again and restart the war - Season 13: The Empire Strikes Back, PvP revamp edition!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If PVP ever makes a comeback and I have a reason to pull out my "all photorps gently caress your shields they're bypassed" build again I'll be amazed.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It seems they're definitely going to attempt a PvP revamp but it's going to fail miserably, of course. Specs and poo poo are too broken for anything other than randomly exploding out of nowhere.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We've been hearing talk of a PVP revamp since uh.... season 5? Earlier? gently caress I don't even remember.

It won't happen because the sensitive crybabies who just want to gently caress their bleached orion bikini girls or have mary sue Kirk adventures can't stand the idea of getting "griefed" by dying to another player so PVP bad.

Because dying in a PVP zone is exactly the same as getting griefed according to the many pubbies who we used to gank in Kerrat and not-Kerrat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

hakimashou posted:

And how, it's a fez!

Actually a tarboosh, get it right kebab

• Locked thread