Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler

MF_James posted:

Your login name, not your character name.

Cool, and thanks.

@GPFlljk

If it's the SteamID, it's @GPF

GPF fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.

Aramek posted:

5L 1M 1H seems to be the standard. If you got the silk, I'll make everything for ya.

As for skills, there's a few builds out there that look good, but that's up to your playstyle.

Alcast has a trial setup:

Inferno Staff: Slot 1: Twisting Patch Slot 2: Crippling Grasp/ Siphoning Attacks Slot 3: Force Pulse/ Funnel Health Slot 4: Merciless Resolve Slot 5: Inner Light Ulti: Shooting Star

Inferno Staff 2nd Bar: Slot 1: Wall of Elements Slot 2: Sap Essence Slot 3: Crippling Grasp Slot 4: Impale Slot 5: Inner Light Ulti: Soul Harvest

DUALWIELD SETUP

Inferno Staff: Slot 1: Wall of Elements Slot 2: Crippling Grasp/ Siphoning Attacks Slot 3: Force Pulse/ Funnel Health Slot 4: Merciless Resolve Slot 5: Inner Light Ulti: Shooting Star

Dualwield Slot 1: Twisting Path Slot 2: Sap Essence Slot 3: Crippling Grasp Slot 4: Impale Slot 5: Inner Light Ulti: Soul Harvest

Thanks again! Now I'm not going to want to play tank since I look so good in this set.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
That's a neat helmet. What motif is that?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Rollersnake posted:

I would guess celestial.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Celestial light, drops from the Sanctum weekly coffers I think (I stopped farming motifs after OT)

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Rollersnake posted:

Yeah, Celestial. Just finished off all the motifs last week. :toot:

They're an awesome motif, the L/M/H are the clothes the actual trial bosses wear, so, The Mage, The Serpent, and The Warrior.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Is there a site that shows off all the motifs that isn't very incomplete or badly organized?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Dunno if it is missing anything, but I like http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
I'm trying to figure out what sort of motifs to use for an NMG medium (with 1L/1H) set, using that site

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Are there any europeans/offhour people in the US guild? I installed this dumb game again and wouldn't mind starting over fresh.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Lima posted:

Are there any europeans/offhour people in the US guild? I installed this dumb game again and wouldn't mind starting over fresh.

Yap! It's of course a lot more crowded late in the evening and at night, but we're usually about 5ish people on in the yuroevening. Ask in guild chat if you want to do dungeons, levels/knowhow is optional for most of the normals.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Lima posted:

I work nights so during the work week i play latish euro peak. Im always glad to tank (badly) and val will heal with insane dps and sometimes he'll even drop a heal on you. Guys in endgame can solo a lot of normal dungeons so we'll do 4 dps goon runs that are always fun even if we're drunk and do dumb stuff.

E: I guess what im saying is it will be fun, but it may not be efficient.

sluggo is mad fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 21, 2017

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Anyone know what outfit/motif this is? It's driving me crazy. I can't find it in any motif or costume galleries.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That's dyed and has the hat hidden! That's the Dark Shaman.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Aramek posted:

Ahh, thanks! Discontinued :( Watch it show up in those stupid crates for 500 gems.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

extra row of teeth posted:

Ahh, thanks! Discontinued :( Watch it show up in those stupid crates for 500 gems.

That is the plan yes

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

valuum posted:

Yap! It's of course a lot more crowded late in the evening and at night, but we're usually about 5ish people on in the yuroevening. Ask in guild chat if you want to do dungeons, levels/knowhow is optional for most of the normals.

sluggo is mad posted:

I work nights so during the work week i play latish euro peak. Im always glad to tank (badly) and val will heal with insane dps and sometimes he'll even drop a heal on you. Guys in endgame can solo a lot of normal dungeons so we'll do 4 dps goon runs that are always fun even if we're drunk and do dumb stuff.

E: I guess what im saying is it will be fun, but it may not be efficient.

Sounds cool :v: I'd like an invite @aellum

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Aramek posted:

How do you hide hats?

Also, thanks for helping me out with some trait research the other day. I hear you're the person to talk to about crafting.

One of the characters I've had since beta is my crafter. How do you balance being able to be decent in combat with all the points you have to spend on crafting? Just get tons of skyshards?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Settings -> Gameplay -> Hide helmet. Chances are you have it toggled on if you don't like monster set looks.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

If you're going for all 6 professions (3 crafting and 3 consumable), you might feel a bit short on skill points while levelling. By endgame you will have enough.

Each zone has skyshards on the overworld and a public dungeon that has a group event for a skill point too. The main quest in each zone has a few points. All the DLC and PVP have a few skill points/shards and of course you get a heap of points while levelling.

You can have a master crafter and still have enough skill points to have decent 2 bar skill set up with passives but I'd level the character first.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
All credit to Scy as he came up with the name, but I have had more positive whispers about this little Bosmer in 2 days than I have had combined in two months :3:

http://imgur.com/a/mF4gL

DoriDori240 fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 22, 2017

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 4, 2020

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

puberty worked me over posted:

How good is the open world exploration in this game and how encouraged is grouping with other players?

If I just want to tromp around exploring things is the open world content entertaining enough or should I just stick to Obliviwindrim?

The environments are beautiful, and the exploration is genuinely fun for its own sake. There's hidden stuff like skyshards, lorebooks, and randomly appearing treasure chests and thieves' troves to give you an incentive to explore too.

There's a lot of group dungeons, and a whole region (Craglorn) balanced for grouping—though quite a bit of that can be done solo if you're careful. All group content is nonessential, though, and you can solo the main story and all the faction and guild storylines.

For dolmens and world bosses, anyone can join in the fight at any time, and as long as you land one hit, you get the reward for it. The only situation in the entire game where you compete for loot is with treasure chests and thieves troves, and I've only had dickish players swoop in a grab a chest while I'm killing the monster directly in front of it a few times.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 22, 2017

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014
Hello everyone, ive been in this game roughly 10 days now and figured id check if we had any guilds going, the last few guilds ive been in have been ridiculous [eg 12 year old tyrant lords that think enforcing a no swearing rule is gonna work out] my ingame name is @Storgondul if anyone can invite me. I'm on Ebonheart pact and am a tank sorc but not sure if i want to stay that way

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

It feels like they don't want me to try the game. After 20 minutes of loving around with account creating because of various glitches and hoop-jumping, I try to log in to play. Hey I'll try to make an imperial... oh that requires a different edition and it gives you a horse? Sure, why not. I then spend another 20 minutes tracking down where the gently caress to buy said imperial edition (google just brings up results based on the physical collectors edition), before finally finding the correct magic google phrase to unlock it - "digital imperial edition upgrade" is it, btw - which gives me a link to their crown store that I still can't figure out how to access through their own lovely website without loving google.

I go to buy said upgrade, but first I need crowns! Alright, I buy the crowns... and now they haven't sent them to me even though I received the purchase receipt. :suicide: I've never had so many issues trying to start out playing a loving game or buying poo poo through an online cash shop.

This better be a really loving good game.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hakarne posted:

It feels like they don't want me to try the game. After 20 minutes of loving around with account creating because of various glitches and hoop-jumping, I try to log in to play. Hey I'll try to make an imperial... oh that requires a different edition and it gives you a horse? Sure, why not. I then spend another 20 minutes tracking down where the gently caress to buy said imperial edition (google just brings up results based on the physical collectors edition), before finally finding the correct magic google phrase to unlock it - "digital imperial edition upgrade" is it, btw - which gives me a link to their crown store that I still can't figure out how to access through their own lovely website without loving google.

I go to buy said upgrade, but first I need crowns! Alright, I buy the crowns... and now they haven't sent them to me even though I received the purchase receipt. :suicide: I've never had so many issues trying to start out playing a loving game or buying poo poo through an online cash shop.

This better be a really loving good game.

I should put this in the OP

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Scyantific posted:

I should put this in the OP

I take it this is a common type of problem

Edit: Hahaha it keeps getting better. I went to submit a ticket with Xsolla (which handles crown purchases) and it's not accepting either of the reference numbers they gave me on the receipt. I can't even submit a ticket about the loving purchase. What a loving scam.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 23, 2017

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Hakarne posted:

I take it this is a common type of problem

Edit: Hahaha it keeps getting better. I went to submit a ticket with Xsolla (which handles crown purchases) and it's not accepting either of the reference numbers they gave me on the receipt. I can't even submit a ticket about the loving purchase. What a loving scam.

I am so very glad I bought the game through Steam right now.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Ugh, well I'm in and playing and it seems pretty good. Can I get a guild invite (@Hakarne)?

Edit: Ok the game is really good and I'm glad I stuck through the frustration to give it a shot. Magicka nightblade is fun as gently caress - a stealth class that can go invisible, teleport, and stab people while leeching health? That is extremely my poo poo.

And to their credit, Bethesda support responded in under 3 hours to my ticket about the crowns (on a Sunday no less!) and said they'll deposit in 24-48 hours after my CC payment processes. I don't think I've ever had an MMO ticket answered in under 2 days, much less on a weekend.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 23, 2017

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Anyone have any suggestions to some big, sweeping epic-feeling quests? I am done with the main story and am pecking around at other quests but I miss having an overarching story to come back to.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Every single Magicka DK main right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Wf2RbjSl4

Jesus Condumb
Oct 25, 2012
yup thats stupid as gently caress.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Jesus Condumb posted:

yup thats stupid as gently caress.

By stupid you mean the best possible outcome for GDB, then yes. Well, way better than before anyways.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

puberty worked me over posted:

How good is the open world exploration in this game and how encouraged is grouping with other players?

If I just want to tromp around exploring things is the open world content entertaining enough or should I just stick to Obliviwindrim?

I started about a week ago and find the amount of open world exploration stuff to be overwhelming, in a good way. Each zone is just packed with poo poo to do and with scaling the game is basically levelless so you can go anywhere.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
please pvp, i mean the pvp guild some of us run with is good, but they get really mad, and even a 8-10 goon raid in pvp here would be better and hilarious and alot more fun

e: i mean running from the viewpoint that goons like to be spoilers in pvp, there is so much opportunity to do that, and do it alot

sluggo is mad fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 24, 2017

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Aquila posted:

I started about a week ago and find the amount of open world exploration stuff to be overwhelming, in a good way. Each zone is just packed with poo poo to do and with scaling the game is basically levelless so you can go anywhere.
Also the level designers have added small hidden areas everywhere that quests will never take a player directly there and they usually have hidden loot chests or heavy bags so that exploration is also rewarded with actual goodies.
It's clear the designers have put a fair amount of effort in building the game world. :shobon:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

How does the pvp work in this game, is it the standard 3 zergs run around taking keeps uncontested for rewards while mostly avoiding each other? I saw somewhere you can jump in at level 10, can you actually help at that level? A friend and I are in a massive DAOC RvR nostalgia funk so we are taking another look at this game which we bought on sale years ago and never played.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'm really tempted to post Froid's screenshots from the last cycle of Azura's Star...

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

bagrada posted:

How does the pvp work in this game, is it the standard 3 zergs run around taking keeps uncontested for rewards while mostly avoiding each other? I saw somewhere you can jump in at level 10, can you actually help at that level? A friend and I are in a massive DAOC RvR nostalgia funk so we are taking another look at this game which we bought on sale years ago and never played.

Everybody zergs, but we murder players alot and I'm not sure how the zergs could avoid each other on this map. Also, taking the center keeps and crowning an emp is fun and none of the other factions are gonna sit on their hands while you do that. We generally run in a smaller group and on the last run thru' AS were constantly outnumbered but it didnt seem to matter. There's a core of decent players and a host of bads, so numbers are often meaningless. If we ran small goon groups for pvp, i'm sure we'd do what we've done in the past., tower farms and grabbing any small scale fights we can find.

Azura's Star has a dude who has a fairly big twitch stream. He's a tiny lil man who loves to be emp. When his stream is up it births the buttzerg. Ironically, streamy guy hates being followed around by the buttzerg, but the buttzerg don't care. The buttzerg is dumb, bad and oh so juicy. Sometimes the buttzerg is in one place and impossible to displace, but usually the buttzerg comes to you in dribs and drabs, and then it is you moral duty to murder it. We spent a weekend night last week wiping the DC Feng lovers over and over again at the same drat farm. They just kept funneling into scope. So much AP and teabagging.

tl;dr: pvp is cool and good and you should play this game to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 4, 2020