Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

or trump himself is a convenient smokescreen for republican fuckery, because he's a dumbass puppet

I'm inclined to believe it's actually this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

logikv9 posted:

i was going to say to make sure that the prized "made in california" label is on all your food but then i realized there are no regulatory or legal bodies to prevent anybody from putting that on their lovely unsafe foods

Trump will make it illegal for any state to enforce regulations beyond the federal ones (which are nonexistent), so California won't be any kind of refuge anyway.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

that's the happiest cover to any russian media i've ever seen

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the black husserl posted:

Trump will make it illegal for any state to enforce regulations beyond the federal ones (which are nonexistent), so California won't be any kind of refuge anyway.

can he actually do this though

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

TheWeepingHorse posted:

The "while you were arguing about crowd sizes" thing is obnoxious, but there is a point worth discussing buried in there.

One of Trump's most consistent tactics is to move in a cloud of distracting insanity. He pushes his oppositions' buttons, while going off to engage in something else - often, something much more important. He's especially fond of getting his opponents to argue about something that neither he nor his supporters care about. It's a fairly well-practiced bait-and-switch - it's an exaggeration of more conventional negotiation tactics, in which you "give up" things of little value to you while also disguising things of high value to you.

I can't swear that the huffing over crowd sizes was a calculated move in and of itself. However, it is well worth remembering that Trump loves his own outrageous image, and that much of this image is actually quite purposeful, and weaponized.

Yeah, he basically has so many scandals and gently caress ups that no one ever has time to focus on individual ones or let it sink in because he is already doing something new and disgraceful. Like, whenever any actual important bad poo poo would get reported, he would go on a twitter rant about something that would just completely distract from it. It also ate up all of the airtime, so even when Hillary would try to make policy speeches or discuss actual poo poo, no one would care because "Did you just hear that crazy thing Trump just did?".

No clue if it is an intentional strategy or he is just that much of a fuckup, but I would be shocked if more politicians don't do it in the future.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

hey I wonder why all the "Hillary and Trump are basically the same anyways, who cares" people have stopped posting

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Donkwich posted:

calexit is tempting but it all but guarantees gop control of the rest of the country

also i dont trust silicon valley and dont want those fucks to have more power

as powerful as those guys supposedly are, you don't really see their libertarian politics influencing the state gov that much. ca's worst thing politically is cop/prison stuff imo and that was bad way before silicon valley was a thing

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yinlock posted:

someone post that quote that was like "stop waiting for the apocalypse, it's actually happening right now and you should be trying to stop it instead"
that may only happen as fast as it needs to as soon as electricity suddenly stops being a thing, and what's more likely in that scenario is that 99.9% of the population die from losing all infrastructure

i've come to accept that the great filter is a thing but i'm not sure i'm just going to lie down dying when the pin drops.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

change my name posted:

hey I wonder why all the "Hillary and Trump are basically the same anyways, who cares" people have stopped posting

i hear that all the time at my work still, more even. whenever anything bad trump does gets brought up I hear 'theyre all the same'

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, he basically has so many scandals and gently caress ups that no one ever has time to focus on individual ones or let it sink in because he is already doing something new and disgraceful. Like, whenever any actual important bad poo poo would get reported, he would go on a twitter rant about something that would just completely distract from it. It also ate up all of the airtime, so even when Hillary would try to make policy speeches or discuss actual poo poo, no one would care because "Did you just hear that crazy thing Trump just did?".

No clue if it is an intentional strategy or he is just that much of a fuckup, but I would be shocked if more politicians don't do it in the future.

trump is the kind of guy you hire when you want to run your business into the ground in a nefarious scheme to make a profit off the loss. the Producers should have hired him.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

he has really severe ADHD so it's the fuckup option

it just happens to be ratings gold so it worked out for him

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Yinlock posted:

can he actually do this though
Absolutely. And if you post some whinging bullshit statue that says he can't, I'll point you to the exact same statues that say he can't appoint his loving children to run his businesses.

change my name posted:

Same with the "this is just Bush 2!" crowd. They're probably offline enjoying a nice delicious glass of tap water. Drink up friends :)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

change my name posted:

But neoliberals didn't completely ban fracking and oil, so its the same thing

Obama didn't jail the bankers, so its the same as completely deregulating the system when you think about it

Hillary didn't want to institute full communism now, so completely gutting regulations is really the same thing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Admiral Ray posted:

trump is the kind of guy you hire when you want to run your business into the ground in a nefarious scheme to make a profit off the loss. the Producers should have hired him.

that's everything trump's ever done, except he never profits off the loss because he has to sue every single employee he didn't pay

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Nichael posted:

Why do these people exist? How do they exist? It's just politics of spite.

If you told me 4 years ago that one of the biggest stars on the right would be a Gay-British-Jewish guy with a fan base who dress like low rent glam rockers, I don't think I'd believe you.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

eonwe posted:

i hear that all the time at my work still, more even. whenever anything bad trump does gets brought up I hear 'theyre all the same'

do you work at the stupid idiot factory for stupid idiots

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Admiral Ray posted:

trump is the kind of guy you hire when you want to run your business into the ground in a nefarious scheme to make a profit off the loss.

I mean, that's exactly what the republicans did?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yinlock posted:

or trump himself is a convenient smokescreen for republican fuckery, because he's a dumbass puppet
i wouldn't be surprised at this, the GOP has proved many times in the last half century that they will pretty much all but sell the sovereignty of the united states to a foreign country if it means rats making GBS threads in packaged foods to sell and soup lines going for miles again

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Yo, what can't he do? He never divested his businesses worth a poo poo! He doesn't need to follow the rules if he's already flagrantly not following them! :obama:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

I mean, that's exactly what the republicans did?

do, but yes. explicitly the republican agenda over the last 30 years is to make government suck so bad that people want to gut it. well, we're here.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Absolutely. And if you post some whinging bullshit statue that says he can't, I'll point you to the exact same statues that say he can't appoint his loving children to run his businesses.

i know trump ignores whatever laws suit him and the gop lets him but that's different than creating new laws he can't actually create

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i wouldn't be surprised at this, the GOP has proved many times in the last half century that they will pretty much all but sell the sovereignty of the united states to a foreign country if it means rats making GBS threads in packaged foods to sell and soup lines going for miles again

rats do poo poo in packaged food but right now we have rules on how many rats and how big their shits can be. soon we will have small rats making GBS threads their guts out and large rats not making GBS threads at all. it's madness.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

change my name posted:

do you work at the stupid idiot factory for stupid idiots

close, i work in texas

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i'm the southern sun

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Nichael posted:

Why do these people exist? How do they exist? It's just politics of spite.

It's really easy: attention.

Didn't you know that kid in elementary school who would act like a total irritating piece of poo poo, and everybody hated him, and he didn't care because at least they were paying attention? Negative and positive, it's all the same to these people. Milo would be just another twink among thousands if he wasn't such an obnoxious troll.

He's become infamous as a result but one day hes going to get his smarmy face Spencered. And nobody will cry.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fits my needs posted:

Yo, what can't he do? He never divested his businesses worth a poo poo! He doesn't need to follow the rules if he's already flagrantly not following them! :obama:

well that depends on efforts of citizens to take notice and resist, what do you say mr passerby

"oh my god i stubbed my toe, i hope every last human dies in nuclear fire"

thanks bud

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Yinlock posted:

he's still mad about the popular vote thing

Mad enough to roll back voting rights!!!! Hooray!!!

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/823698559144984576

so glad we're bringing this one back

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol he can't get over it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fits my needs posted:

he never actually divested them at all, according to everything

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

i know trump ignores whatever laws suit him and the gop lets him but that's different than creating new laws he can't actually create

he can do what's usually done and tie it to some federally funded thing, so that only states that don't pass regulations exceeding those at the federal level are eligible to receive that funding

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Yinlock posted:

he's still mad about the popular vote thing

:smugjones:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dude has a broke as hell brain

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

It's the excuse they are going to use when they bring Jim Crow back.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yinlock posted:

well that depends on efforts of citizens to take notice and resist, what do you say mr passerby

"oh my god i stubbed my toe, i hope every last human dies in nuclear fire"

thanks bud

why are you interviewing people on the street for this, C-SPAM is right here

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

good way for him to solidify this narrative in congress so we'll get huge voter suppression measures before 2018

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

this is loving nuts

he's literally insane

everybody at that meeting knows this isn't true

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Back? It's never going away. This is going to be a core issue until Trumpism is eliminated.

He knows this is a false claim. This is not Trump expressing a grievance. This is a tactic. This is Trump saying "I am going to take away the voting rights of millions of Americans"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Duscat posted:

he can do what's usually done and tie it to some federally funded thing, so that only states that don't pass regulations exceeding those at the federal level are eligible to receive that funding

AKA, you want money for your schools, well you gotta let my friends at closed book bid winner Exxon drill for oil in the playground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Glumslinger posted:

I was talking about this last year during the primary. Trump is a walking, talking Gish gallop.

• Locked thread