Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fits my needs posted:

This is the future for all Red States/The United States?

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/823584016116817920

12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment - Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

its trump time baby!!
find an addiction and stick to it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yinlock posted:

it should

ya well

the world doesnt revolve around your needs, dont be selfish :smugbert:

what u need to do is to make it everyone's self interest that Paul Ryan gets his smug face cleaned off, and then you can start a serious dialogue from there on.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Prettz posted:

yeah i just skipped here from page 4057 and what the gently caress is going on in this thread? where did all these idiot loving liberals learn that TPP is totally cool, and definitely did not represent the end of national sovereignty? loving NPR-listening idiots i swear.

~my sovereignty~

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Duscat posted:

well, when you put it like that, it makes more sense

i still think donald trump is a genuine crazy man and putin and the republicans basically won the lottery here

well they also got the bulk of state legislatures and executives, so yes, but it's more like a tectonic event than a lightning strike

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Prettz posted:

yeah i just skipped here from page 4057 and what the gently caress is going on in this thread? where did all these idiot loving liberals learn that TPP is totally cool, and definitely did not represent the end of national sovereignty? loving NPR-listening idiots i swear.

Given how few people (including the government) knew what was in it I'm not sure the TPP actually existed

It was all an Andy Kaufman style running joke among politicians before Trump came in and revealed the whole gag

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
we're all accelerationists now

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 202 days!

Office Pig posted:

This is something everyone needs to come to terms with right now. The midterms mean nothing, the Democratic Party means nothing. What is planned here are changes that go far beyond anything our civil politics are capable of ameliorating. Pure, concentrated destruction.

You are close, but the reality is that we've been laughing it up for well over a year now instead of coming to terms with reality. If you want to count Obama's spineless politics, over eight years. If you want to get real, since we saw how America react to 9/11 and failed to realize that the Bush administration was positively restrained in its ambition for the power that it gave them.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

logikv9 posted:

alt fact counterpoint: everything is just fine

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Office Pig posted:

This is something everyone needs to come to terms with right now. The midterms mean nothing, the Democratic Party means nothing. What is planned here are changes that go far beyond anything our civil politics are capable of ameliorating. Pure, concentrated destruction.

I don't post this thought much because it feels like dramatization even though it's 100% accurate. All of us have 3 possible outcomes when it comes to political participation in America going forward

1. Dead
2. Jail
3. We stop resisting

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

logikv9 posted:

I mean, I was really in favor of not having to hope that the best chance for a better america is trying to pick up the pieces after violent revolution, but I guess that makes me a neoliberal

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Yinlock posted:

gently caress going back to 20th century style, leverage the idea of Trump Style Politics properly and you could improve things depending on how universally loathed he gets

basically get it to the point where Trump is synonymous with insane failure

he's doing his best so far

someone tell this guy about kansas

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

logikv9 posted:

I'm accelerating... my shitposting!!!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
just kidding I hit terminal velocity a while back

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the black husserl posted:

I don't post this thought much because it feels like dramatization even though it's 100% accurate. All of us have 3 possible outcomes when it comes to political participation in America going forward

1. Dead
2. Jail
3. We stop resisting
the oppressive machine doesn't have infinite gas

disease and famine do though

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 202 days!

the black husserl posted:

1. Dead
2. Jail
3. We stop resisting

Nah, plenty of us will collaborate. Many of whom argued that there was no difference between Hillary and Trump. At least some who voted for Hillary.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
:tif:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the oppressive machine doesn't have infinite gas

disease and famine do though

Pestilence went out in the 1940s dawg, it's Global Warming now

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

This is the future for all Red States/The United States?

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/823584016116817920

Wow

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

logikv9 posted:

reminder that accelerationism assumes the rebuilt world will be better and not just exactly the same god drat thing

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

it is amazing that our leadership is ok with all of this

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Turdfuzz posted:

its trump time baby!!
find an addiction and stick to it

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Chokes McGee posted:

Well, when vaccines get outlawed, I feel Pestilence is gonna be back on the menu

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hodgepodge posted:

Nah, plenty of us will collaborate. Many of whom argued that there was no difference between Hillary and Trump. At least some who voted for Hillary.

Gonna be awesome when they put me up against a wall and my wife doesn't get the life insurance payout

You know after they're done with the brown people, gay people, and literally everyone else who isn't a bougie cis white male shithead like me

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

magiccarpet posted:

eh not really

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

magiccarpet posted:

that might be the least amazing thing of all actually

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Annual Prophet posted:

well they also got the bulk of state legislatures and executives, so yes, but it's more like a tectonic event than a lightning strike

trump is a pretty significant lightning strike though, because whatever you say about she whose name everyone's tired of hearing, at least she could have vetoed a lot of the legislation trump will cheerfully sharpie his name to, and he was a total fluke

plus the republicans can blame all the stuff they're about to commit on him if/when he's ousted

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Threads getting a bit bleak

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Police State huh?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Scent of Worf posted:

someone tell this guy about kansas

In a beautiful outpouring of democracy our great governor, Sam Brownback, marched with thousands outside of the capital demanding that roe vs wade be repealed

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

magiccarpet posted:

lowtax is p apolitical to be honest

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Yinlock posted:

reminder that accelerationism assumes the rebuilt world will be better and not just exactly the same god drat thing

3016: This Tonald Drump guy seems alright

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Trump is going to push oppressive voter suppression laws and Ryan is going to smile the whole time

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Uncle Wemus posted:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

why weve all gone positively mad

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lastgirl posted:

Police State huh?

As a result of Nite Crew Radio, I followed Grimes a while back and have been keeping up on her political action tweets. For the protests, she reminded people to "stay safe, cover your face." which is good advice About 10 minutes later she clarified "NOT SO YOU CAN COMMIT A CRIME OF COURSE."

She also signed her first post with a mushroom for reasons I'm still not clear about

Basically Grimes owns

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

BeOSPOS posted:

Trump is going to push oppressive voter suppression laws and Ryan is going to smile the whole time

Paul Ryan supports and backs it because it means more republican seats

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hot take: America is full of dumb motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

pestilence is coming back with a vengeance once all the regulations against dosing farm animals with antibiotics are rolled back

• Locked thread