Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Clocks posted:

If holding a pink froo-froo purse is such a huge deal then I don't blame that girl for leaving just for that. If he can't hold a purse for a few minutes with nothing at stake (also, the irony of her carrying his poo poo is just delicious) then what would happen if they got married and had kids and she needed some quick help with something? So dumb.

Yeah, I hold my girlfriend's purse all the drat time if she needs me to. Who gives a poo poo? If you care about your partner, you do very basic stuff for them whenever. I cannot stand how this rear end in a top hat writes. "Heh, how could I possibly hold my girlfriend's gross sparkly pink purse? It's not like I care. :grin:" Dude is a jerkbag of the highest degree and I hope no woman dates him ever again.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jan 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Trying to imagine how this fragile flower would react if his girlfriend asked him to pick up tampons at the store or something.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
It's probably the same kind of guys that get super weird about shopping in women's stores with their SO. Oh no my girlfriend is buying sexy panties, how embarrassing to be seen with her at this time.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

I'm [22 F] considering breaking up with my boyfriend [M 25] of 3 months for farting

We grew up in entirely opposite cultures and upbringings. In my culture, farting is very taboo and extremely rude. I've always had that mentality and I can't just shake it off. I have never and will never fart in front of anyone, significant other, family, friends..etc. I would hold it in even if it meant pain and discomfort, I'll just never do it.

Since moving to the current country I live in (5 years now), almost all of the local guys I dated farted constantly and thought it was funny. I have had many near-relationship ending arguments around this issue.

Fast forward to my current boyfriend. The relationship is great, he's great, I expressed my feelings early on about farting and how it offends me. Didn't make a difference, as soon as he got comfortable he started farting. I grunt and sigh as soon as he does it. Which only makes him do it more and make a spectacle out of it.

Its so off-putting to me. Totally gets me out of the mood sexually or intimately and it definitely has affected our sex life. I don't want to go near what is essentially a fresh marinade fecal hotbox. Its that intense to me. I let a few slide with just a side eye but its getting out of hand. I asked him nicely to fart away from me, hold it in and go to the bathroom, do it more discreetly, tried to have a rational dialogue but the complaint falls on deaf ears. He thinks he's being hilarious and is trying to get me on board.

Its not the fart the bothers me (they don't really smell) its the mentality and attitude behind it of complete disrespect and inconsideration for something that I consistently express my discontent with. I feel like its becoming a warning sign for his general attitude for future things I might have a problem with. I know it sounds so stupid and I might come cross as having a stick up my rear end but I'm really chill with literally anything else. I can be disgusting and I belch, I joke about his stinky socks and I'm not really grossed out by much (I've cleaned people's vomit and pee, it doesn't phase me) But fart just really get to me because of just how I was brought up and because of just the power dynamic of ignoring your SO's feelings like that.

So taking context into consideration, what do you think?

tl;dr my boyfriend farts and i'm butthurt about it.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
gently caress that poo poo lady i'm going to fart and you are going to LOVE IT and if you don't then I don't know what we can do here...

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Which two countries/cultures is she talking about? I like how she presents it like no one from her country farts ever at all and wherever she's moved to is like fartsville, fartsylvania and its fuckin hysterical

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

quote:

Me [37 M] with my wife [35 F] of 1.5 years is charging me rent to live in her houseRelationships

Headline pretty much says it all. My wife is from a wealthy family and has a large amount of money herself, enough that she doesn't really have to worry about money, however she is currently working as an adjunct professor and makes little money. I am an engineer and probably make about 5 times as much as her, but I don't really have any savings or assets to fall back on so I try and save as much of my salary as possible in a retirement account.

Wife bought a nice house last year, paid in cash from her trust fund. The house is in her name 100%. Great, good for her. She told me that along with paying half the bills I have to pay her $500/month rent to live there. I feel that this is really humiliating and offensive. She justifies it by saying she doesn't want to touch her assets as that's her "retirement money" and if I wasn't living there she would have a roommate who would be paying at least that much. She says I should be thankful because I get to use a whole house for that little money per month. To me it's not really about the money it's just ridiculous to me that someone would charge their spouse rent to live with them.

As you can guess our finances are separate. This is in large part because my wife has a lot more money than me. She does not want me to be able to access her inheritance so we keep separate bank accounts and split bills 50/50. I was sort of ok with this but now it's not even 50/50, I'm basically paying all the bills for the house.

To make matters worse she makes me look bad by telling friends and family that she "bought a house for us" and I'm constantly complaining to her about money. People hear that and assume I'm some golddigger when actually I'm just trying to avoid getting completely screwed and have not gotten anything from her or her family.

Am I crazy for being bothered by this? What exactly can I do to get her to change. We have constant fights about money, rather than being generous she seems to be very self centered and thinks that it's my job to pay for stuff for her, despite her wealth.

tl;dr: Wealthy wife is charging me rent to live with her.

He admits in the comments the fought about money constantly prior to getting married, but she reassured him that once he was "family" it would all change.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Half of her poo poo is now his anyway so he should just fart up a storm drive her from their shared home and take half the poo poo and find a nicer woman to hang out with.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Which two countries/cultures is she talking about? I like how she presents it like no one from her country farts ever at all and wherever she's moved to is like fartsville, fartsylvania and its fuckin hysterical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opiMvgp5Efo

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Yeah, I hold my girlfriend's purse all the drat time if she needs me to. Who gives a poo poo? If you care about your partner, you do very basic stuff for them whenever. I cannot stand how this rear end in a top hat writes. "Heh, how could I possibly hold my girlfriend's gross sparkly pink purse? It's not like I care. :grin:" Dude is a jerkbag of the highest degree and I hope no woman dates him ever again.

I love "I get by with a wallet, she can too" followed by "she dumped my phone and all my junk on the floor! Waaaaahhhh!" He's lucky she didn't just dump them straight into the trash. The women's trash. Those fun little containers in the stalls.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

To play Fartphobe's Advocate, deliberately farting in front of her for humor after she's mentioned she's repulsed by it is kind of a dick move. Maybe not a relationship-ending one, but a dick move.

That said... thinking of your partner as a "fecal hotbox" for having a bodily function is pretty hosed up. She may just want to return to whatever fart-free Utopia she came from to find an appropriately sanitized man.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Antivehicular posted:

To play Fartphobe's Advocate, deliberately farting in front of her for humor after she's mentioned she's repulsed by it is kind of a dick move. Maybe not a relationship-ending one, but a dick move.

That said... thinking of your partner as a "fecal hotbox" for having a bodily function is pretty hosed up. She may just want to return to whatever fart-free Utopia she came from to find an appropriately sanitized man.

she literally cannot handle the idea of a fart, even a completely scentless one, and considers the mere act of farting deep disrespect

like drat I could understand being upset at a dutch oven or whatever but if a dude's gotta fart...

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Gaunab posted:

fresh marinade fecal hotbox

mods name change tia

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Stumbled across this old one while looking for the OP of a different one posted in here, might be a repost but still p funny

Zero Luck Meeting New Girls as a Guy in an Open Relationship; Self-Esteem Suffering

quote:

Hello, I'm new not only to this forum but also to these types of relationships in general. Here's the TLDR version of the problem I'm having.

(SHORT VERSION)
A girl I recently started dating said she wanted us to have an open relationship. I accepted, curious and excited to see what kinds of opportunities this type of relationship offers. However, she's having so much ease and success meeting other guys, whereas I can't find a single girl who's willing to give me a chance for openly being in an open relationship. I'm jealous of the success she's having, and it's really starting to hurt my self-esteem.
For anyone wiling to read the more detailed description of my problem, I appreciate it, as well as any advice given.

(LONG VERSION)
Last August, I met a girl on OKCupid. There was a lot of mutual attraction (despite some differences in our personalities and lifestyles), we hit it off really fast, practically jumped into a sexual relationship right away and have been pretty infatuated ever since.

However, she lives quite a distance away (1.5-2 hrs drive) and our schedules sometimes conflict; she's still in school (theater student), has to act and help direct small plays, support her other friends' acts and shows etc., whereas I sometimes have to stay late and travel for work, so it's not always easy to meet. This was frustrating to the both of us, so a little after 2 months in, she actually suggested having an open relationship; whenever we were available to each other, we would spend our time together, but when we weren't, we were free to pursue other partners on the side.

I accepted. I was actually pretty eager and excited to see what type of opportunities this type of relationship has to offer, as it seemed like the best of both worlds (having a steady girlfriend AND the freedom to pursue sexual opportunities with other girls). We decided to reactivate our OKC profiles, link them with the "Open Relationship" option and, like I said, agreed we could contact and pursue other people when we weren't available to see each other.
The thing is that ever since, she's had absolutely no problem meeting new and interested guys, whereas I can't find a single girl who's interested in meeting me despite having no other changes to my profile (my response rate has dropped precipitously, message exchanges barely get past introductions and I've gotten zero dates).

This was really frustrating to me. I thought that maybe, if I could just meet some new girls face-to-face, demonstrate my personality and qualities in the flesh and then explain my situation and the type of relationship I'm in to them in person, that they'd be more willing to give me a chance. I opened a second OKC profile, kept it the exact same as my original but set it to "Single". I started to use that to try and meet girls and my response rate instantly shot back up, message exchanges became more rich and meaningful, and I was starting to get dates again.

However, when I told these girls I was in an open relationship in person on our first date, none of them reacted well. The worst was when a girl just shot me a dirty look after telling her and left in the middle of the date without saying a word. Most of the time, though, I could just see the interest fade away from these girls' faces, they were less eager to chat after that and the rest of the date would just be awkward. None of these girls agreed to a second meet or stopped responding to texts or calls. I've since deleted that profile.

Meanwhile, my girlfriend is, like I said, having zero problems meeting new and interested guys; she's told me that her OKC inbox is blowing up, and that she's been out with a few guys while I've been away. While I'm not jealous of the time and attention she's been giving to other guys, I AM jealous of the ease and success she's having with this; it's upsetting to me that all the fruits that an open relationship can offer seem to be going to her and I'm getting none. I also can't help but feel a little resentful, not of her but of the situation; it just seems really unfair that so many guys are willing to pursue a girl who's in an open relationship while it seems that no girls will even chat with a guy who's in an open relationship, no matter how open or honest he is.

Worst of all, this experience is starting to rekindle some emotional and self-esteem issues that I thought I had beaten and were behind me. Before I met my girlfriend, I had struggled with feelings of undesirability and inadequacy (especially around women) and social isolation, brought on mostly by the complete evaporation of my social circle and dating/sex life after I graduated college, moved away from everyone I knew to another state for my job and had a lot of trouble meeting new people for my first year. I actually went to see a therapist for a few months to address these issues, and I thought I had beaten them.

When I entered this relationship, my self-esteem and sexual confidence were through the roof. Now they're crushed; except for when I'm with my girlfriend, I have never felt more isolated and undesirable to other women in my life. I tried confiding all this to some male friends when I went back home to visit my family for the holidays, but they only responded with mockery and ridicule, saying I'm "being played" and "cuckolded" and such, which has only made me feel worse; I'm feeling like less and less of a man every day.

I really like this girl and want her to be happy, and I want to be a part of her life as well. I just also want to be able to explore the opportunities that come with an open relationship with the freedom she's given me. I'm really worried that longer I go without while she reaps all the rewards, that my confidence and emotional well-being is going to suffer or that my frustration and dissatisfaction with this whole situation is going to drive me to do or say something stupid that will drive her away.
Any advice will be appreciated; thank you.

Kinda wonder if this is super common, like obviously the imbalance in casual success is a common trend but this is one of the first ones that mentioned explicitly having identical profiles of open vs single and it causing a huge difference in interest.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I wonder if he'd have better luck on Tinder than OkCupid?

I feel like OKC is probably not the kind of place to find women looking for NSA relationships and unless he's really aggressively pursuing poly women I doubt he's going to have much luck finding somebody into open relationship dating who isn't already in some kind of open relationship situation

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 24, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I kinda wonder why he even feels obligated to mention he's in an open relationship? I thought the status quo for online dating at the moment was everyone was dating multiple people and things were never exclusive or official until you had a discussion about it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Purse guy is getting eviscerated on reddit btw. Only one idiot was all "pff what a drama queen" and ..I'm going to look at their history hold on.

The Donald, some pizza gate thing, and a bitcoin knock off. Yeah sounds like a real winner

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

I kinda wonder why he even feels obligated to mention he's in an open relationship? I thought the status quo for online dating at the moment was everyone was dating multiple people and things were never exclusive or official until you had a discussion about it.

Considering he's probably not planning to take any of these relationships super seriously, yeah, I don't understand the need for disclosure.

Maybe he should be up front that he's "not looking for anything serious right now" but beyond that, it seems unnecessary. If somebody founds out it's because they went way over the boundaries of what's reasonable, so... :shrug:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I think disclosure is the right thing. Some people wouldn't be comfortable with a sexual partner who was in a committed relationship, as evidenced by the change in response rate. I think the response to "if she knew this fact about me, she would not want to have an intimate relationship" should not be "I will conceal this fact".

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Subjunctive posted:

I think disclosure is the right thing. Some people wouldn't be comfortable with a sexual partner who was in a committed relationship, as evidenced by the change in response rate. I think the response to "if she knew this fact about me, she would not want to have an intimate relationship" should not be "I will conceal this fact".

But that's the thing, he's not part of a committed relationship, he's part of an open relationship. Nobody is being wronged. He's not looking for serious relationships and if he's up front about that with people I don't see how it's anyone's business but his and his girlfriend's.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Subjunctive posted:

I just don't really see how it's different then the standard approach of "it's okay to date around until there's been a discussion that suggests otherwise", back when I did online dating the general consensus was to expect the people you were going on dates with to have other dates lined up as well and that's just a totally normal thing. If you don't want to sleep with someone who is sleeping with other people it's your job to bring that up. And I mean who knows maybe the guy would end up meeting someone he'd totally wanna be in an exclusive relationship with that isn't open due to distance, seems just kinda dumb to hamstring himself while his gf sleeps around.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Don't try and mislead people for sex goons.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

CharlestheHammer posted:

But if I don't hide the fact that I'm a socially crippled insane person, how do you expect me to get laid?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

I just don't see the misdirection.

"I am not looking for a serious or committed relationship" should be the only personal information somebody needs to know about you WRT relationship status if you're not cheating on your partner. Is it reasonable to expect somebody be exclusive as soon as you start seeing each other? Is it reasonable to get bent out of shape about past exes? Is it reasonable to get out of shape about people who somebody may date after you? If none of those things are true, then it's not misdirection, nobody is being hurt or mislead.

I think people are getting wigged out more by the taboo than anything else. Isn't this more akin to, like, I don't know, hiding the fact that you're muslim when you're dating in texas? They don't need to know if you're never taking it past the end of the season so why make it public?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Trying to imagine how this fragile flower would react if his girlfriend asked him to pick up tampons at the store or something.

When I worked retail as a young man, guys would regularly walk in with the empty box so they could make sure they got the exact right one and bee line in and out of the store. One time Kotex changed their packaging so this one middle aged guy was there getting increasingly flustered as he paced the aisle. I tried to help him but he just kept sweating and muttering as he left the store.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

He wouldn't be misleading anyone. It's not their business what he does outside of their dates unless it's in direct conflict with something they've discussed. I'm not suggesting he should lie about it if they bring it up but it seems nonsensical to expect him to open his first date with it, particularly when you consider how common dating around is when it comes to online dating.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

P-Mack posted:

When I worked retail as a young man, guys would regularly walk in with the empty box so they could make sure they got the exact right one and bee line in and out of the store. One time Kotex changed their packaging so this one middle aged guy was there getting increasingly flustered as he paced the aisle. I tried to help him but he just kept sweating and muttering as he left the store.

i don't know what people think is going to happen, like, do they think a police cruiser is gonna suddenly roll up and have a bunch of people run in and bust him for being the perv buying tampons at 11:30 at night?

i've had to bring home some pretty embarrassing poo poo for my partner in ten years and the people who are deep into a marriage and still can't handle the tampon aisle blow my loving mind.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

yes most people would consider it a mondo creepo move to have this whole secret relationship you conceal from the other person, which is what you're doing if you converse for more than the length of coordinating a place and time to gently caress and then loving and it somehow never comes up, you goon

and yeah nobody but nobody wants to be some rando's side piece

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

He wouldn't be misleading anyone. It's not their business what he does outside of their dates unless it's in direct conflict with something they've discussed. I'm not suggesting he should lie about it if they bring it up but it seems nonsensical to expect him to open his first date with it, particularly when you consider how common dating around is when it comes to online dating.

Yeah, this is the thing, it's like any other weird and possibly skeevy personal detail that might be a turnoff to somebody - if you're not seriously involved, it's none of their business in the first place. Do you need to tell people your political affiliation, too?

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

yes most people would consider it a mondo creepo move to have this whole secret relationship you conceal from the other person, which is what you're doing if you converse for more than the length of coordinating a place and time to gently caress and then loving and it somehow never comes up, you goon

The dude is just looking for casual dating... he's not looking for "another relationship".

"Hey, let's watch netflix and cuddle until we wanna gently caress for a few months until we get bored, this is not going to go anywhere but let's just have fun" - not really sure where the huge machiavellian plot to Steal Sex is here

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 24, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Say there's a girl who has an ex that's a fuckbuddy when she's not in a relationship, myself and a lot of guys would probably not want to date someone who is still loving their ex but I wouldn't say she's obligated to disclose that on her OkC profile. She's single and available to date and that's all you really have the right to know until you're dating and you start asking about those boundaries. For me when I did online stuff the exclusivity convo usually came up a month or so in, certainly not the first date. Getting coffee with someone doesn't entitle you to all sordid details of their life, the most you can reasonably expect is that they respect the boundaries that you've discussed with them, if you say "I do not want to sleep with you if you're sleeping with other people" then that's fine and they should respect that, but you need to have a conversation about it before you can expect that.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 24, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
^^^ yeah seriously, this is a good point, are you required to disclose a list of any fuckbuddies/FWBs you have? Anybody you might have casually hosed recently, or may casually gently caress again down the road? Do you need to tell every new person you date about the person you occasionally sext with when you're drunk at 2am?

"we were in a serious relationship before, and will be in a serious relationship down the road" is the only thing his open relationship means. If people he is dating never have an expectation of existing as a serious couple they don't need to know that detail about him.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

It's probably the same kind of guys that get super weird about shopping in women's stores with their SO. Oh no my girlfriend is buying sexy panties, how embarrassing to be seen with her at this time.

The last time I went to Victoria's Secret with my ex, multiple women told me I was "so brave". It was baffling.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

Me [22F] with my fiance [27 M] noticed a genital abnormality on my partner's body while being intimate recently, wondering where to go from hereRelationships
submitted 9 months ago * by itsbetterwithtwo

I want to first address the fact that I understand what I am about to describe probably seems like completely made up, but want to assure you that I am being completely honest and sincerely looking for some direction in how to handle this. I've been trying to think about if the situation was reversed would I want to know, and I am just not sure. Anyway, here it goes:

My fiance (Derek) and I have been together for 2 years, and recently got engaged 3 months ago. A few weeks ago when we were being intimate with each other, I noticed something about his body that I was shocked to realize I had never noticed before. Guess I just never looked that closely. When looking at his anus, I noticed what appeared to be not one, but two completely identical anuses next to each other (one on top of the other along the crack and the outer rings of the openings touching on one side). I stared at his butt for what seemed like an eternity, but in the position we were in he couldn't see that I had stopped what I was doing and was just staring at his rear end.

I was so shocked I might have reacted poorly in the moment but I asked him about it in a gentle way and he of course seemed very confused. After seeing his confusion I realized that if he did in fact have two anuses he definitely didn't know anything about it.. and quickly offered the rationalization that I might not know what I was talking about/seeing because I had never really taken a good look at that area on someone before. He seemed okay with this explanation and we laughed about it for a minute then went back and continued to do what we were doing.

So now I am not sure where to go from here. I took a really good long look at his anus and am pretty confident what I saw was two identical anuses next to each other, and not a cyst or other abnormality, as they both looked exactly the same. I was not repulsed or turned off by seeing this in any way as honestly both buttholes looked very normal, clean, and healthy.

He obviously didn't seem to know about it, and if he does in fact have two anuses must have gotten check-ups throughout his life with doctors never mentioning it, therefore it may be completely harmless. I guess what I am wondering is if it is important to tell him this. I am anticipating this will bother me for a while and it makes me uncomfortable to keep information from him when something is bothering me, but if it is really in his best interest to never tell him because what is the point of knowing, I am willing to do that. There is also the thought that what if he actually has an anal medical condition that he is unaware of and could cause him pain or problems in the future, and it is not in fact an additional butthole (like a harmless additional nipple sort of thing), alerting him to this could relieve him of future discomfort.

He left a week ago for a work trip and won't be back for another two weeks so I have some time to think about how to handle this. I would greatly appreciate sincere and honest advice about where to go from here. I've been thinking about if I would want my partner to tell me if the situation was reversed and I think I would want to know or at least would not be harmed from knowing, because it obviously wouldn't have affected my life in any way before.

tl;dr: Saw what looks exactly like a second butthole on my fiance. Wondering if I should tell him, keep it to myself forever, or perhaps another option?

obviously a pilonidal cyst

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Just bake him a cake that says "Get yo butt checked"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Bobby Digital posted:

The last time I went to Victoria's Secret with my ex, multiple women told me I was "so brave". It was baffling.

I gotta admit I have a pretty drat hard time going into lingerie stores or lingerie sections with my wife

If she gets more than five yards from me I immediately get a huge pang of anxiety because I'm worried she's going to exit FOV and somebody's going to see a single male in the store and assume I'm a huge pervert there to ogle the mannequins

I know this is completely ridiculous but I can't help what my brain does here :cripes:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mirthless posted:

I just don't see the misdirection.

"I am not looking for a serious or committed relationship" should be the only personal information somebody needs to know about you WRT relationship status if you're not cheating on your partner. Is it reasonable to expect somebody be exclusive as soon as you start seeing each other? Is it reasonable to get bent out of shape about past exes? Is it reasonable to get out of shape about people who somebody may date after you? If none of those things are true, then it's not misdirection, nobody is being hurt or mislead.

I think people are getting wigged out more by the taboo than anything else. Isn't this more akin to, like, I don't know, hiding the fact that you're muslim when you're dating in texas? They don't need to know if you're never taking it past the end of the season so why make it public?

If bringing up changes how things proceed and you hide it because of that you are intentionally misleading them.

We don't even know what these women are looking for, projecting onto them and then acting confused when your made up intentions don't line up with reality is also stupid.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Mirthless posted:

I gotta admit I have a pretty drat hard time going into lingerie stores or lingerie sections with my wife

If she gets more than five yards from me I immediately get a huge pang of anxiety because I'm worried she's going to exit FOV and somebody's going to see a single male in the store and assume I'm a huge pervert there to ogle the mannequins

I know this is completely ridiculous but I can't help what my brain does here :cripes:

Idiot, haven't you ever seen "Mannequin"? Or "Mannequin 2: On the Move"? You better start groping the poo poo out of those things, one of them might come to life.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

gently caress ArbitraryC and Mirthless have allied into an axis of tedium

Pick posted:

if he's shown you his second butthole I'm pretty sure you're in the clear to have a conversation about the second butthole, lady

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
How could you not know of a completely undiscovered butthole if you had one? Girl thinks she's Magellan or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

That was an amazing ride. Two buttholes. Wow. She settled on that explanation. Just...everyone had not mentioned it to him his whole life to spare his feelings because, hey, a second butthole isn't really a big deal. The doctor is standing there, looking at two winking browneyes, and he just shakes his head and tells the patient to get dressed.