Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Nope. He's your boy, Payne. You and Ramirez and tens of dozens of others of your profession have worked tirelessly to normalize his positions and views and now he's here, he's actually loving here and you're starting to realize what a huge loving mistake this all was. You don't get to have it both ways. You get your dickless rear end back to worshiping him. You loving shitbrain coward.

look it's one thing dismantling the government and destroying the environment, those are good things, but Trump should do them with dignity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Aminal Nooz Breaking Pawlitics

Cartoon Diary of the Woman's March

Read the rest at Slate.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The American Left survivors are the real zombies. A Walking Dead Panel.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Nope. He's your boy, Payne. You and Ramirez and tens of dozens of others of your profession have worked tirelessly to normalize his positions and views and now he's here, he's actually loving here and you're starting to realize what a huge loving mistake this all was. You don't get to have it both ways. You get your dickless rear end back to worshiping him. You loving shitbrain coward.

Bonus points for Ted Rall positioning himself as a sharp critic of the man he positioned as equally bad as a merely milquetoast centrist candidate, and whose patron he himself wrote for

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 24, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

King Possum III posted:

(At first I thought it was Paul Ryan, but the artist says it's Goebbels)

Have we ever seen Paul Ryan and Goebbels together in the same room?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trump's own entry on the white house site says he won in a landslide* victory

*Republican electoral vote

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

santanotreal posted:

That wasn't because of his views on the moon landing but because he was constantly harassing Buzz Aldrin.

The nazi dude was giving an interview, which can't be construed as actively harassing or provoking someone even if he is a nazi douchebag who deserves to get punched.

You are a god drat moron. Jesus Christ. gently caress you and gently caress off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I'm increasingly thinking that the punch was a completely cocked-up false flag operation by the alt-right.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

...this is from a pro-trump cartoonist, isn't it

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Shangri-Law School posted:

Aminal Nooz Breaking Pawlitics

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Somfin posted:

I'm increasingly thinking that the punch was a completely cocked-up false flag operation by the alt-right.

:psyduck:
That's the sort of talk that's going to turn us into Freep.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Somfin posted:

"Here's the plan. I go up there, talk like a dick head, get punched and run away crying. Then everyone laughs at me while our followers have to try and ignore how much of a coward I look like. It's foolproof".

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

It's not about what he deserves, it's about what the effects are on his appeal. This increases his appeal, just like Milo loves having counterprotests (the rowdier, the better) at his campus talks. The proper response isn't to hit back, no matter how appealing it is. It's to cut them off in advance. Campuses and venues can easily enact policies that have the effect of excluding these people from speaking. Policies on ticket priority can keep them from bringing in paid supporters, which keeps them from profiting. Counterprogramming can sap their audience and promote an alternative narrative. The right wing isn't beaten by being attacked or reasoned with, but by cutting off their air.

Nothing cuts off someone's air quite like a punch to the throat.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Historically speaking fascism is only beaten by murdering the poo poo out of them over and over

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Fulchrum posted:

"Here's the plan. I go up there, talk like a dick head, get punched and run away crying. Then everyone laughs at me while our followers have to try and ignore how much of a coward I look like. It's foolproof".

It got James O'Keefe a constant spot on Fox News!

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

:stare:

well, that's dark as hell.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

santanotreal posted:

The nazi dude was giving an interview, which can't be construed as actively harassing or provoking someone even if he is a nazi douchebag who deserves to get punched.

shouldn't you be getting caught on video kicking a toddler in a McDonalds somewhere

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

When I say "punching a nazi is good", I don't mean we should pass laws legalizing violence if the target's opinions fit certain criteria, I mean that if someone's willing to risk jail in in order to punch a nazi they are doing the world a service.

If you're in a position to change laws or policies, yes it's true, I don't think you can tailor that stuff precisely enough to only target nazis once filtered through the entire system of government, police, courts etc. But if you're just a citizen on the street and you see someone who is definitely a nazi and you want to punch them even though that's legally assault, I applaud rather than scold you for doing so.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 24, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

shouldn't you be getting caught on video kicking a toddler in a McDonalds somewhere

only if the toddler is a nazi

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Fulchrum posted:

"Well, I mean, you know, no such thing as bad publicity"

https://twitter.com/shaferbrown/status/823581833485053953

By the way, Spencer's buddies don't seem to be handling the punch thing well. Their current strategy is "WE TOTALLY FOUND THAT SAVAGE CUCK'S FACE BY COMPARING PHOTOGRAPHS AND HE'S AN ACTUAL CUCK WHO EATS poo poo AND WEARS DIAPERS". It doesn't seem to be sticking, for some reason. So no, they're not currently riding the victimhood wave too good, no.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

SexyBlindfold posted:

It doesn't seem to be sticking, for some reason.

Because the guy they're talking about has been dead for a while. Won't stop them from killing random people like the savages they are.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I gotta side with FreeKillB on this one. I laughed at the video, and sure the guy has terrible opinions, but I'm not going to start condoning or calling for unnecessary violence. Sure bash the fash is fun and yeah it sure seems great to just shut all these assholes up so they can't spread their dumb opinions, and risk causing actual harm to others. But in my mind it's not the way to do it as it just doesn't seem any different than what they're doing. The idea isn't to silence and snuff out their opinions through fear and intimidation. It should be to pull them into light, critique them, and ridicule them. Poke holes in their core beliefs. So instead of making people afraid to be Nazis, you make them understand why being a Nazi is stupid in the first place. I guess I am a CIS white male though, so I'm practically never going to know what it's like to be intimidated by Nazis. I can see how that may influence my opinion, but I just don't see violence and our own intimidation as being a good resolution to the problem.

Some simple word swapping:

Ditocoaf posted:

When I say "punching a muslim is good", I don't mean we should pass laws legalizing violence if the target's opinions fit certain criteria, I mean that if someone's willing to risk jail in in order to punch a muslim they are doing the world a service.

If you're in a position to change laws or policies, yes it's true, I don't think you can tailor that stuff precisely enough to only target muslims once filtered through the entire system of government, police, courts etc. But if you're just a citizen on the street and you see someone who is definitely a muslim and you want to punch them even though that's legally assault, I applaud rather than scold you for doing so.

And you sound just as deplorable as the deplorables.

Besides where do we draw the line? Maybe next time four of us can tie him up and cut him up with a knife a bit. Make him drink from the toilet.

In before obvious post/avatar combo.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Office Pig posted:

Because the guy they're talking about has been dead for a while. Won't stop them from killing random people like the savages they are.

Whether it's the right guy or not (it's not) is irrelevant, since they'd be making the same accusations anyway. It's not working because people only saw the punch and getting punched makes you look like a weak loser no matter what

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ramadu posted:

It got James O'Keefe a constant spot on Fox News!

I don't think any of his scams ever involved him getting beaten like he deserves.

Shugojin posted:

only if the toddler is a nazi

Any babysitter will tell you all toddlers are Nazis to a degree.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just post that Frans Frison quote aboute debating nazis on every page until it finally sinks in.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

itskage posted:

It should be to pull them into light, critique them, and ridicule them. Poke holes in their core beliefs. So instead of making people afraid to be Nazis, you make them understand why being a Nazi is stupid in the first place.

This is literally the worst thing you can do. Their "ideas" are self evidently terrible and all this does is grant them underserved legitimacy. Most people are poo poo debaters and all you'll do is allow them to spew unrefuted bullshit and you'll make people more sympathetic to the Nazis.

They aren't afraid of breaking the law when it suits them. They aren't gonna play the same game as you. They literally advocate for genocide.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

itskage posted:

I gotta side with FreeKillB on this one. I laughed at the video, and sure the guy has terrible opinions, but I'm not going to start condoning or calling for unnecessary violence. Sure bash the fash is fun and yeah it sure seems great to just shut all these assholes up so they can't spread their dumb opinions, and risk causing actual harm to others. But in my mind it's not the way to do it as it just doesn't seem any different than what they're doing. The idea isn't to silence and snuff out their opinions through fear and intimidation. It should be to pull them into light, critique them, and ridicule them. Poke holes in their core beliefs. So instead of making people afraid to be Nazis, you make them understand why being a Nazi is stupid in the first place. I guess I am a CIS white male though, so I'm practically never going to know what it's like to be intimidated by Nazis. I can see how that may influence my opinion, but I just don't see violence and our own intimidation as being a good resolution to the problem.

And you sound just as deplorable as the deplorables.

Besides where do we draw the line? Maybe next time four of us can tie him up and cut him up with a knife a bit. Make him drink from the toilet.

Except that Muslim and Nazi are not interchangeable the way that you are pretending they are. It's actually really hosed up that you would even make that analogy (you also aren't the first itt :ssh:)

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Legitimizing Nazis by trying to debate them on the floor is stupid because they aren't beholden by the same rules as you.l They don't need to play fair or make proper logical argumenets or any of that. You care about truth and being right and justice. they don't, so they don't have to play by any of the rules that care about that poo poo. Don't give Nazis a platform. loving punch those shits. You have to on some level buy into democracy to debate someone, and buy into the fact that your opponent could be right- by debating them, you are doing that. And they will respond by yelling emotional poo poo and self-aggrandizing and even if their argument is poor it gives it VISIBILITY. The only way to deal with Nazis is a loving punch to the face and utterly refusing them a platform to speak wherever possible.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

itskage posted:

Yeah says the guy with an avatar of an anime character that's friends with a cyborg nazi scientist. :smug:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fulchrum posted:

Nah, I mean he was supposed to get "assaulted" and then bravely take down his evil SJW assailant to show how strong the Alt Right really is, but it turned out that when push comes to shove he's a whiny little flop-haired bitch who can't take a punch even if it's planned ahead of time. Now he's on damage control, his base hates him, and the Left has learned that Nazis getting the bash is meme fodder to surpass Metal Gear.

The fact that he was talking about memes when the attacker struck is my main evidence.

itskage posted:

Nazism requires violence and destruction of other viewpoints. Islam is able to coexist. Your swap choice is troubling.

Also yeah if you change the words in a post it changes the meaning of that post, hold up dude

itskage posted:

Literally kill all Muslims

Woah dude why would you say that I only had to change four words, doesn't that make you think you might be harbouring some dangerous slippery slope urges???

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm glad the alternative facts line is getting mocked heavily. What an absolutely absurd thing to say.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Lemming posted:

This is literally the worst thing you can do. Their "ideas" are self evidently terrible and all this does is grant them underserved legitimacy. Most people are poo poo debaters and all you'll do is allow them to spew unrefuted bullshit and you'll make people more sympathetic to the Nazis.

They aren't afraid of breaking the law when it suits them. They aren't gonna play the same game as you. They literally advocate for genocide.

Neopie posted:

Legitimizing Nazis by trying to debate them on the floor is stupid because they aren't beholden by the same rules as you.l They don't need to play fair or make proper logical argumenets or any of that. You care about truth and being right and justice. they don't, so they don't have to play by any of the rules that care about that poo poo. Don't give Nazis a platform. loving punch those shits. You have to on some level buy into democracy to debate someone, and buy into the fact that your opponent could be right- by debating them, you are doing that. And they will respond by yelling emotional poo poo and self-aggrandizing and even if their argument is poor it gives it VISIBILITY. The only way to deal with Nazis is a loving punch to the face and utterly refusing them a platform to speak wherever possible.

You guys are probably right that it's a dangerous proposition and a threat to democracy, and I might not have the best ideas on how to handle it (I don't like what Germany does either), but I can't in good conscience advocate for violence when they're not posing an immediate physical threat to someone.

Chard posted:

It's actually really hosed up that you would even make that analogy (you also aren't the first itt :ssh:)

Does it help if I tell you I thought long and hard about what minority group to chose? I went with muslim since it would play off the right wing beliefs and fears of islamic extremism, making it sound like a plausible thing one of those types would say.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Somfin posted:

Nah, I mean he was supposed to get "assaulted" and then bravely take down his evil SJW assailant to show how strong the Alt Right really is, but it turned out that when push comes to shove he's a whiny little flop-haired bitch who can't take a punch even if it's planned ahead of time. Now he's on damage control, his base hates him, and the Left has learned that Nazis getting the bash is meme fodder to surpass Metal Gear.

The fact that he was talking about memes when the attacker struck is my main evidence.

Nazism requires violence and destruction of other viewpoints. Islam is able to coexist. Your swap choice is troubling.

Also yeah if you change the words in a post it changes the meaning of that post, hold up dude

Woah dude why would you say that I only had to change four words, doesn't that make you think you might be harbouring some dangerous slippery slope urges???

They're just alternative quotes.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

itskage posted:

Does it help if I tell you I thought long and hard about what minority group to chose? I went with muslim since it would play off the right wing beliefs and fears of islamic extremism, making it sound like a plausible thing one of those types would say.

If anything, it makes it worse, because it seems like you still aren't getting why it's not a sensible thing to do. Also I think it's a little weird that you seem to deliberately not capitalize Muslim and Islamic, but maybe that's a stretch.

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

itskage posted:

You guys are probably right that it's a dangerous proposition and a threat to democracy, and I might not have the best ideas on how to handle it (I don't like what Germany does either), but I can't in good conscience advocate for violence when they're not posing an immediate physical threat to someone.

Considering the guy literally advocates for black genocide and publishes articles that talk about questions like 'do we really need the black race', the fucker might not CURRENTLY be committing a violence, but he sure as hell advocates societal scale violence. He's a danger. Deck him. It's the american's duty to deck nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Chard posted:

Except that Muslim and Nazi are not interchangeable the way that you are pretending they are. It's actually really hosed up that you would even make that analogy (you also aren't the first itt :ssh:)

Somfin posted:

The point isn't that Muslims and Nazis are interchangeable, the point is that the chain of self-justification is basically identical.

• Locked thread