Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
Hayate, nah, not great for battle, but his TMR is important for min-maxing ATK. Best source on headgear in the game still, I believe. I've got a four pack cooking as we speak.

For Mesmerize, I just looked for a friend unit to borrow. Anybunny higher than 5* lvl 21 should have that skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Are the exclusive stat materia for Jack and Trey even worth the phantoma? They're good enough stat increases, but even with those they seem like really subpar units.

You can get 40% elemental resistance and 60% ATK with Trey. He's a hybrid Firion/Cloud of Darkness who can only use bows and never gets any of Firion's or CoD's 6* good stuff.

It really depends on how good your pulls have been.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
If anyone gives a poo poo about the economics of the daily bundle, the equivalent of lapis will give you a +0.49%** chance to pull Orlandu on his banner for a trade-off of 100 lapis, 700 energy, 70 gigantaurs, 14x keys/p. downs or vice versa. I did the math here.

*[edit: changed rainbow pull chance from 1.5% to 1.0%]
**[edit: changed rainbow pull chance on bonus +1 from 9.76% to 5.0%]

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 24, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Somebody wants evade.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

dangerous.hotdog posted:

If anyone gives a poo poo about the economics of the daily bundle, the equivalent of lapis will give you a +0.49%** chance to pull Orlandu on his banner for a trade-off of 100 lapis, 700 energy, 70 gigantaurs, 14x keys/p. downs or vice versa. I did the math here.

*[edit: changed rainbow pull chance from 1.5% to 1.0%]
**[edit: changed rainbow pull chance on bonus +1 from 9.76% to 5.0%]

180nrg + 80 cactaurs is worth more than 1 ticket of difference. Even if you value tickets at say ...350 lapis, 180nrg is worth at least 150 lapis, and 80 cactaurs is worth more than 200 lapis to all but most crazy frugal. Not saying give Gumi money, but it is a deal in comparison to normal offerings.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You can get 40% elemental resistance and 60% ATK with Trey. He's a hybrid Firion/Cloud of Darkness who can only use bows and never gets any of Firion's or CoD's 6* good stuff.

It really depends on how good your pulls have been.

Considering the fact that Trey is essentially Artemios without the killer skills, he's a perfectly acceptable starter unit.

Once you have a full team of 6*s he's benchwarming.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

KataraniSword posted:

Considering the fact that Trey is essentially Artemios without the killer skills, he's a perfectly acceptable starter unit.

Once you have a full team of 6*s he's benchwarming.

Once you have a full team of 6*s, he's not even on the bench. He is the bench the benchwarmers sit on.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Alright, Ace is at 100. Time to work on Refia.

If anyone needs Ace for the event: 681.563.682

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So has anything been released about the new exclusive units yet? I've got a ton of lapis itching to be spent on disappointing rolls but only on the failed hope of a good unit.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ask again during Maintenance tomorrow and someone will have datamined it by then.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

If there's something as good as Orlandu, or even as good as Noel, I'll be sincerely surprised.

Chances are we're going to get things that would be Ace-tier or worse. That is to say, I'm predicting "somewhat useful if you get it on your daily, don't waste tickets"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What do we predict for Xiao? I'm not even sure what her speciality is in the first place, at least Medius and Cerius had defined niches. I don't know what higher tier abilities brawlers would get.

Speaking of which, Medius 6* is so poorly made his ultimate ability is somehow affected by Silence. You'd think silent guns would be good or something.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Twisted Eye posted:

For Mesmerize, I just looked for a friend unit to borrow.

How did this never occur to me?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Free summons!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Peachfart posted:

Free summons!

It's hilarious that they advertise it with noctis and poo poo. I got a kain :negative:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I'd have actually been happy with Kain cause I could really use a Gungnir.

Equip Spear doesn't help when the best spear I've got is Lad Mirazh, Fang. :argh:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Peachfart posted:

Free summons!

What is this referring to?

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Nuebot posted:

It's hilarious that they advertise it with noctis and poo poo. I got a kain :negative:

I got Clyned. And my half-price pull was Sazh. I don't even know why I'm pulling on that banner any more.

HGH posted:

What is this referring to?

There's a free daily summon starting today for Chinese New Year (in addition to the daily half price summon). Based on the image used I assume it pulls from the generic banner rather than the rate-up one.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Killing Vector posted:

There's a free daily summon starting today for Chinese New Year (in addition to the daily half price summon). Based on the image used I assume it pulls from the generic banner rather than the rate-up one.

Which is good since this banner sucks.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Thanks, for some reason my notice board and Summon screen don't update until a good hour after they're supposed to.

Also, I'm not so sure about the banner being bad, because this Ling lady is Global first AoE reviver, on top of being an MP battery. Seems like she's a Rikku-lite, although I'm sure she'll be worse.

Also if Yun's TM armor stacks with Champion Belt it might make the Katana/Fist Firion build even more ridiculous. And it's even light armor to boot.
If nothing else, I enjoy this game making me theorycraft about TMs I will never get.

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jan 24, 2017

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

HGH posted:

Thanks, for some reason my notice board and Summon screen don't update until a good hour after they're supposed to.

Also, I'm not so sure about the banner being bad, because this Ling lady is Global first AoE reviver, on top of being an MP battery. Seems like she's a Rikku-lite, although I'm sure she'll be worse.

Also if Yun's TM armor stacks with Champion Belt it might make the Katana/Fist Firion build even more ridiculous. And it's even light armor to boot.
If nothing else, I enjoy this game making me theorycraft about TMs I will never get.

By 'this banner' I mean the type 0 banner. We don't know enough about the next banner to say if it is good yet.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Killing Vector posted:

quote:

* Units in this summon pool will not include limited units or units with increased drop rates.

So yeah, it's the generic banner.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
This chocobo knight tmr seems insane for tirion, maybe I should swap out my Zidane #2 on the tmr squad and start cooking up xiao in prep for tirion 6*

Of course this relies on me getting a Snow and Chocomonk which is a pipe dream but theorycrafting is half the fun

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Somebody wants evade.

Somebody wants that armor.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The ad for the upcoming Lunar event says the boss is susceptible to full break so get your Rain awakened to 6 stars and max him out. Shouldn't be too hard with the maze this week.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That's a great idea.

I also like how Rain can now make the floor be lava.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's a great idea.

I also like how Rain can now make the floor be lava.

I am now imagining him as an rear end in a top hat pyromaniac 8 year old.

"HAHA, FLOOR IS LAVA"

"Rain, No! AAAUGH!"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HGH posted:

What do we predict for Xiao? I'm not even sure what her speciality is in the first place, at least Medius and Cerius had defined niches. I don't know what higher tier abilities brawlers would get.

Speaking of which, Medius 6* is so poorly made his ultimate ability is somehow affected by Silence. You'd think silent guns would be good or something.

Her attack stats look insane as a 6* because she has a passive that gives her 50% extra damage when unnarmed so they are artificially inflated. Outside of that she has pretty standard stats for a 6*. It all depends on how much of a boost she gets from her berserk ability. Even then she'll scale horribly without a 50%+ damage ability linked to a weapon and I dont think global gumi is going to bother giving her an enhancement like that for her passive even though it would make her a great cheap unit.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I'm hoping for innate dual wield seeing as she only has a single weapon type, more likely is a "fist weapons count as unarmed" type passive if they wanted to actually make her viable maybe

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
The last time I pulled was about a week ago and I got a 3* Paladin Cecil. Today, with the free pull, I got a gold crystal and got his buddy Refia!

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Got a seven today. I wonder if she would be good with Exdeathx2 Chizx2 thundaga team, with phantom shadows building the chain and elementalash debuff. Or is there a better way to use her?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Alpha Mayo posted:

Got a seven today. I wonder if she would be good with Exdeathx2 Chizx2 thundaga team, with phantom shadows building the chain and elementalash debuff. Or is there a better way to use her?

The best way to use the Type-0 characters is to put them on the bench or sell them

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

McSpankWich posted:

The best way to use the Type-0 characters is to put them on the bench or sell them

Ace is/will-be good, Seven looks niche.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Speaking of garbage units, does anyone need me to keep Nichol up for the Weapons Factory quest? Or should I put Greg back?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
The dancing chick seems like a good TMR, the dagger looks pretty strong

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So to get the Moogle on ELT it says you're supposed to defeat the boss with an item. Yikes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

KDdidit posted:

So to get the Moogle on ELT it says you're supposed to defeat the boss with an item. Yikes.

I think it's the lovely 5% moogle too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
A free summon!

...Fang :geno:

Nuebot posted:

So has anything been released about the new exclusive units yet? I've got a ton of lapis itching to be spent on disappointing rolls but only on the failed hope of a good unit.

My 5* Xiao (and the two 3* dupes) prays for relevance beyond her TM. The 5* base could be interesting, his TM looks so-so. The 4* base appears to get an AOE revive, among other skills, and her TM dagger looks pretty solid. Hope everyone likes encountering whale arena teams full of physical units carrying those things in addition to the other status effect weapons.

KataraniSword posted:

If there's something as good as Orlandu, or even as good as Noel, I'll be sincerely surprised.

Chances are we're going to get things that would be Ace-tier or worse. That is to say, I'm predicting "somewhat useful if you get it on your daily, don't waste tickets"

Sooner or later Gumi will mess up up and give us a GE unit that throws balance out the window like so many did in Brave Frontier. :colbert:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sooner or later Gumi will mess up up and give us a GE unit that throws balance out the window like so many did in Brave Frontier. :colbert:

They already did. It was called Black Cat Lid. :colbert:

Elza is pretty drat high-rank, too, though it's not for any sort of "this was broken out of the gate" reasons, it's just that having a -50% DEF/SPR debuff is real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

KDdidit posted:

Keep in mind that in order to trigger this requirement (and any of the "kill with" requirements), you only need to use a damage item (or the thing) on the turn that the boss dies. It doesn't actually have to be the killing damage, it just has to be one of the things in the pile of killing damage.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 24, 2017

• Locked thread