Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Employer giving out "fitness trackers" has to be some sort of insurance discount eh? Like how security guards basically pay for themselves in insurance discounts even if they're useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Employer giving out "fitness trackers" has to be some sort of insurance discount eh? Like how security guards basically pay for themselves in insurance discounts even if they're useless.

That's exactly how it works, yes.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Yes.

It is both a component of our insurance package agreement and an opportunity to provide value to employees with fairly minimal investment. My company was rated on the Forbes best places to work list up until the 2009 downturn (we had to conduct layoffs in some areas), and we are aggressively attempting to get back on the list. An investment of a couple of hundred dollars per admin employee is pretty small, while (temporarily) boosting morale to a fairly sizable degree.

I'm sure it would shock everyone to know that this is timed within a month of surveys going out to rate employee satisfaction.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

"value"

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

eyebeem posted:

Yes.

It is both a component of our insurance package agreement and an opportunity to provide value to employees with fairly minimal investment. My company was rated on the Forbes best places to work list up until the 2009 downturn (we had to conduct layoffs in some areas), and we are aggressively attempting to get back on the list. An investment of a couple of hundred dollars per admin employee is pretty small, while (temporarily) boosting morale to a fairly sizable degree.

I'm sure it would shock everyone to know that this is timed within a month of surveys going out to rate employee satisfaction.

Sounds cool. I get $100 off steel toe boots. :smug: (good ones cost $200+ Cdn)

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sounds cool. I get $100 off steel toe boots. :smug: (good ones cost $200+ Cdn)

Funnily enough, I also have to buy steel toe boots for work. I have to pay for them myself. My CAT boots were probably $100USD.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I'll tell you, for comfort you just can't beat the Wolverines with the comfort guarantee.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Anyone have experience with replacing an OGmoto 360 battery? Mine lasts like 30 minutes and just stops anymore and a new battery is only $15 on Amazon.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

LastInLine posted:

I'll tell you, for comfort you just can't beat the Wolverines with the comfort guarantee.

Aren't CATs just rebadged Wolverines?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell

Supposedly Google's new watches.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Those are ugly as poo poo. I'm even more happy with my Zenwatch 3 now.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea those are trash

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Maybe you'd prefer what HTC''s working on?

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/1/23/14355826/htc-under-armor-smartwatch-leaked-pics

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde

Len posted:

Anyone have experience with replacing an OGmoto 360 battery? Mine lasts like 30 minutes and just stops anymore and a new battery is only $15 on Amazon.

I've done a few battery replacements with no issue on phones, so I figured the moto360 would be no problem.

There's basically no way to get the back off without cracking it, the water seals are a huge bitch and all the internals are taped together. Then my elbow slipped on the desk and I knocked the battery catch clean off the board, oops.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you're very confident or you don't mind the risk.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

The big one looks a bit like Garmin's 405CX which was a pile of poo poo.

Maybe I'll get a fenix5 instead. At least I know that'll count my activity properly.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Those are ugly as poo poo. I'm even more happy with my Zenwatch 3 now.

Asus finally started selling accessories.

http://store.asus.com/us/category/A38497

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Thermopyle posted:

Supposedly Google's new watches.

I don't even... You're releasing two watches and you couldn't make either not look garbage tier? I mean almost all of LG's watches look better.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I like the smaller one but I'd be buying it for a lady.

Still, just give me a 360/2 without a flat tire and with a speaker and I'd be happy. Honestly I'm still happy with the 360/2 with a flat tire and without a speaker...

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I'm pissed. My OG 360 has bad battery life and is starting to just act funky.

I kept saying I'd wait for Google to release their offerings but seriously - who the gently caress approved those?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell

Well call me crazy, but maybe before we crucify Google we should wait to see the actual devices instead of some rumored low-rez image.

Remember how everyone poo poo on the Pixel's design before it came out? Same with the 6P.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ashex posted:

Asus finally started selling accessories.

http://store.asus.com/us/category/A38497

Still no battery pack :effort:

Thermopyle posted:

Well call me crazy, but maybe before we crucify Google we should wait to see the actual devices instead of some rumored low-rez image.

Remember how everyone poo poo on the Pixel's design before it came out? Same with the 6P.

Yeah but the looks of a watch matter more than a phone, a watch is a part of your fashion whereas a phone is not.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yeah but the looks of a watch matter more than a phone, a watch is a part of your fashion whereas a phone is not.

That misses the point. People changed their opinion on the looks of those phones after seeing them in person or in higher resolution photos.

Also, I disagree that a phone is not a part of your fashion. Maybe not for everyone, but a lot of people care a lot about what their phone says about them.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Thermopyle posted:

That misses the point. People changed their opinion on the looks of those phones after seeing them in person or in higher resolution photos.

Also, I disagree that a phone is not a part of your fashion. Maybe not for everyone, but a lot of people care a lot about what their phone says about them.

The pixel looked pretty hideous in pictures, then I saw it in person and i still thought it was hideous.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You can throw a case on a phone or a preferred background or make other personalization and make it look like whatever, theyre all pretty much just a rectangular slab. can't do that poo poo with a watch really

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Like that Google watch on the right could look better if the bezel wasn't as jacked up as it is, you can't fix that

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

I still think the Pixel is hideous but you've seen how much I rave about it. I put every phone I ever own into a case so the looks of the back don't matter to me.

And okay, but your phone is in your pocket/purse/bag a lot, a watch is always out there and watch looks are extremely important. You can't put a case on your watch to change that.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

My main issue with the Pixel design is the back glass. I like it from a visual perspective, but it's made out of butter, can't be replaced without replacing the whole housing, and integrates the camera lense. As a result, I'm forced to use a case for the first time for a phone out of fear of ruining the camera.

The lense and focus should be broken out similar to the flash so a crack in the back can't ruin the camera and they should have used a more scratch resistant material for the glass or coated it with something rubbery. They should also supply a glass only repair for the back at a nominal fee rather than full housing for $149.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

e: nm

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Huatch 2 rumored to be announced next month.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That one's not bad looking, tho I don't like the button placement

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

The pixel looked pretty hideous in pictures, then I saw it in person and i still thought it was hideous.

Yes but you have amply demonstrated that you have poor taste and poor decision-making skills. To have you dislike something is a good sign that that something is doing something correctly.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blue Train posted:

That one's not bad looking, tho I don't like the button placement
If you're looking at the photo in that article that's the existing Huawei Watch not the rumoured new one.

I quite like the big Google watch to be honest, but then I used to wear a huge rugged G-Shock and kind of miss it.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Oh, lame

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Nitrousoxide posted:

CLAM DOWN posted:

I still think the Pixel is hideous but you've seen how much I rave about it.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the point at hand.

Some decent portion of people did not think the Pixel and/or the 6P looked as bad in real life as it did in the pictures.

I mean, are you guys going out of your way to find an argument?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I kinda feel you're doing the same, but whatever, it's fine, sorry if I came off that way.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

Feeling good about my gear s3 classic purchase :smugdog:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Hehe

I hope somebody puts out a Wear 2.0 device that convinces me to finally drop my Pebble.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Good Canadian Boy posted:

Feeling good about my gear s3 classic purchase :smugdog:

I'm considering getting the S3 frontier to replace my 360.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I could have sworn that Huawei said they were not releasing any more Wear watches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

sirbeefalot posted:

Hehe

I hope somebody puts out a Wear 2.0 device that convinces me to finally drop my Pebble.

Don't the better wear devices still only get like 3 days of battery life?