Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Yeah but when Cabba got home he taught the move to every other sayajin, so now they can all do it. Women who go super sayajin always turn ultra buff, it is natural sayajin anatomy. We have just not seen it yet.

... What does that mean about Broly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Parrotine posted:

That fun theory falls apart when you realize that Cabba and all the other saiyans of his universe had no idea a Super Saiyan was even a thing.

Cabba was really bad at teaching the others how to transform. Or maybe he was too good?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Cabba was really bad at teaching the others how to transform. Or maybe he was too good?

"Okay, so all you have to do is get really really angry and..." "BROLINA SMASH PUNY GALAXY!" "Okay maybe that is too angry."

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the idea that Cabba introduced Super Saiyan to an entire planet of typically peaceful, nice Saiyans and then they all went mad with power and began to ravage the galaxy is very good. brolette emerging due to that as their universe's legendary super saiyan, who otherwise was basically just a random average citizen, makes it even better

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

... What does that mean about Broly?

why are you entertaining this thought

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aurora posted:

why are you entertaining this thought

Because I'm sick and bored and it's better than thinking about important things, naturally.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

Because I'm sick and bored and it's better than thinking about important things, naturally.

Are you saying Broly is not important?

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Braly's motivation at least won't be "another baby cried a lot when I was a baby," right?

She can be so cool, and hopefully not be so lame.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
The great questions of the universe, unanswered by religion, science, and philosophy. Hey are we here? Where do we go when we die? WEN BROLY?

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Flagrama posted:

Braly's motivation at least won't be "another baby cried a lot when I was a baby," right?

Her motivation is "a baby in another universe cried a lot when I was a baby".

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If they're going to be self-aware about it, they could have her simply be inspired by Goku's fight with Hit to surpass her limitations or something like that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
braly owns. lmao.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Cabba: Vegeta-sensei I've teach my girlfriend how to become a super saiyan.

Vegeta: How cute. Let's see what we got here...

Braly: GWARGH!!!!

Vegeta: HOLY poo poo!!!!

In Team 4 Star voices.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Are people calling Krillin'a episodes filler? They seem like they're doing an unusual amount of character development lately and it is the coolest

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's "filler" because it's between major storylines but it's real good

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Flagrama posted:

"...Cabba...? Cabba?! CABBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Raxivace posted:

If they're going to be self-aware about it, they could have her simply be inspired by Goku's fight with Hit to surpass her limitations or something like that.

The less self-aware meta humour the better.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I hope the Universe Survival Tournament is all reprisals of alternate-universe movie villains, like,

Braly
Metal Frost
Lord Slog
(Super) Cyborg 13
Majin Janenba

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DaFemaleBroly

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Revived Black Goku standing in for Turles.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

I hope the Universe Survival Tournament is all reprisals of alternate-universe movie villains, like,

Braly
Metal Frost
Lord Slog
(Super) Cyborg 13
Majin Janenba

Forget that.

Cyborg 17, that does the fusion dance with 17 to form Ultra 17.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
alternate universe devilman, with a beam that hurts more if you're pure of heart.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Shallot Jr. walks onto the stage and Gohan has 'Nam flashbacks about getting his rear end kicked by his possessed mom

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also maybe knockoff GT villains like Baby and the Dragons as well.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rirse posted:

Didn't we already have knockoff Baby with the Barry Kahn thing?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Didn't we already have knockoff Baby with the Barry Kahn thing?

Very true. He can end up in the tournament with Goku Black then.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rirse posted:

They already showed Vegeta fighting what I'm calling a Para Para Mother.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The newest Super manga proves three things:

1) Toyotaro really likes his explanations. The anime got the same thing through without needing to outright state it.
2) No matter how much time it passes or how strong the enemy gets, the Solar Flare is still the most useful move.
3) Mangastream can't spell for poo poo and can't even be consistent in their misspellings, Zamasu is called by three different names in the same page.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Blaze Dragon posted:

The newest Super manga proves three things:

1) Toyotaro really likes his explanations. The anime got the same thing through without needing to outright state it.
2) No matter how much time it passes or how strong the enemy gets, the Solar Flare is still the most useful move.
3) Mangastream can't spell for poo poo and can't even be consistent in their misspellings, Zamasu is called by three different names in the same page.

I just caught on the third one, it's amazing
"there's two of Zamusu?"
"The one inside of Goku Black is the Zamasu of our world, and if that Zamasu traveled to Trunks' world after getting Goku's body... Then there would be two Zamusu in that world"
"That Zamus there is the original one of this world!"

Also Vegeta is just straight-up reading the script, he makes way too many spot-on assumptions based on nothing.

...wait. If Goku and Vegeta can't zenkai because they reached the limits of their bodies... why would Goku Black be able to Zenkai? it's the same Goku body that went through most of the same poo poo.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 24, 2017

Caros
May 14, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I just caught on the third one, it's amazing
"there's two of Zamusu?"
"The one inside of Goku Black is the Zamasu of our world, and if that Zamasu traveled to Trunks' world after getting Goku's body... Then there would be two Zamusu in that world"
"That Zamus there is the original one of this world!"

Also Vegeta is just straight-up reading the script, he makes way too many spot-on assumptions based on nothing.

...wait. If Goku and Vegeta can't zenkai because they reached the limits of their bodies... why would Goku Black be able to Zenkai? it's the same Goku body that went through most of the same poo poo.

Something something God inhabiting something something.

It didn't make any sense in the anime either. At least here they show black getting healed up for his Zenkai instead of randomly powering up in the middle of a losing fight.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

At least in the anime it didn't go "oh, Goku black Zenkais so good that SSJ1 is stronger than SSB Vegeta"

Man, both versions have pretty bad messes every now and then. At least the canon one gives us Great Saiyaman stuff.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Forget that.

Cyborg 17, that does the fusion dance with 17 to form Ultra 17.

I assume that in the Japanese dub he'll be Android 17, and in the English dub he will be called Cyborg 17?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Everytime my cell regenerate...they become more and more my own" Basically he fuses better with the body.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So it's Zenkai and also he's DIO raising his proficiency with The World??

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They seriously need to bring back the World Tournament Announcer for this arc.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I did like Zamasu stealing the senzu beans.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Plutonis posted:

DaFemaleBroly

:biotruths: Broly

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Just got done with the Universe Six stuff, glad to see that Monaka is becoming a main fighter, someone of his caliber normally wouldn't associate with people like goku.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

there it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I want Nerd Dad Gohan to fight an alternate universe Gohan that didn't skip training

And I want Nerd Dad Gohan to win just to spite the salty mofos that won't shutup about Gohan skipping his training and becoming weak

• Locked thread