Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Thread's real quiet these days, does no one lift anymore? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pesmerga posted:

I still lift, but I had to take two weeks off from squatting and deadlifting. I apparently can't do any normal task without harming myself.

In the past 6 months I've missed 2+ weeks of lifting from these separate events:

-Going up the stairs (only missed conventional/sumo deadlift, I could trap bar dead and squat still after 3-4 days)
-Shoveling snow
-Taking off my shoes (missed 4-6 weeks of squatting, leg pressing, and deadlifting from this no joke)

Khorne fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 24, 2017

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
i went to the gym yesterday and a guy asked me to film his cheater muscle up so i did. then i squatted just okay

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Pesmerga posted:

Can only do legs and core, so I just alternate days. It gets kinda boring, so I haven't posted.

Arm should be okay in another week or two.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Winnie the poo poo posted:

i went to the gym yesterday and a guy asked me to film his cheater muscle up so i did. then i squatted just okay
how visible was his erection?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Hm, though I guess I'm inching towards 3 plate 1RM on squats. It's just a steady pace up.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pesmerga posted:

everyones bodies falling apart

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I feel another cold coming on so my cut is postponed while I fight it off with curries and burgers.

Alternatively letting it knock me about would be a good way to drop a few easy pounds.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I lift every day and I feel gr8!!!

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i have mild pain in my thumb joint that seems to get slightly worse when i lift. i was considering taking a break, but it doesn't seem right for something so small

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
My chest and shoulder days have been replaced by one million curls because my elbow has decided it hates me again.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Pesmerga posted:

Kids bringing home all kinds of nice viruses and poo poo from daycare; I have a good day, go lift, then get sick and lose a week or so. Rinse and repeat. This is pretty usual for this time of year. Had two or three false starts so far in 2017.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zzulu posted:

Sports are so healthy for ya!!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Pesmerga posted:

Thread kind of went downhill when people stopped posting funny things and instead posted their logs and dad complaints.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Pesmerga posted:

I'm doing a mock meet at my gym on Saturday. I'm also weak as a baby, soooo I try not to call attention to myself in this thread.

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
At first, I thought resolutioners would bring me much laughter and joy. Other than the girl squatting with the bar at a 30 degree angle and they guy doing a little hop after coming out of the hole at the top of a squat, there has been no joy. Now, they just are in the way.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Wait, you still have resolutioners?

I think all of ours died. Maybe crushed by weights improperly re-racked.

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Right now is like the final spurt. Guys lifting as heavy as they can for half reps as fast as they can. So maybe another week.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

FedEx Mercury posted:

Thread kind of went downhill when people stopped posting funny things and instead posted their logs and dad complaints.

I'm not complaining about being a dad, I think it's awesome :unsmith:

naem
May 29, 2011

Stubbed the heck out of my toe, hope I didn't break anything. No cardio for me

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

FedEx Mercury posted:

I'm pretty sure I've never posted anything funny in the first place.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Came back from Vegas and eating 3 buffets in 2 days, is this an ideal way to make gains? Should I move there and continue the gains and gelatos?

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

TenementFunster posted:

how visible was his erection?

not bbc/10

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Wait, you still have resolutioners?

I think all of ours died. Maybe crushed by weights improperly re-racked.

It's been blissfully empty here all month. Problem is this is a university town and now all the students are coming back, it was totally packed yesterday. So probably another two weeks of people like the kid who loudly grunted his way through 10 half-rep bicep curls in the mirror and then asked a trainer why his arms weren't getting bigger.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT posted:

It's been blissfully empty here all month. Problem is this is a university town and now all the students are coming back, it was totally packed yesterday. So probably another two weeks of people like the kid who loudly grunted his way through 10 half-rep bicep curls in the mirror and then asked a trainer why his arms weren't getting bigger.

"See me in the shower, I'll get you some more reps in."

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my roommate moved out and left a bunch of unopened salami/capocollo/prosciutto combo-packs from Costco in the fridge

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

how often do you guys switch up your routine?

when you get bored.

Pesmerga posted:

sup. went to the gym today. trip report: gym between 8 and 9 is boring af in terms of people watchin. just gotta lift by myself. not a big commercial gym so that's definitely the prob. sorry for the boring story but you asked. will update tomorrow after i gym, see if things improved (they won't).

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i wake up at 4, go to the gym

work out for 90min

shower, shave at the gym... drink some whey
head to work right after, arrive around 7 and eat a sandwhich (lots of salami)

living da life

still theres like 7 ppl in the gym even at 4 in the morning, but you never have to wait for anything, which is good

well

thats my story

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
I dunno its frozen as gently caress and our oars freeze to the boat so my gym is fuller than normal.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
well if I lived a life where I could wake up at 4 and go to the gym for 1.5 hours before proactively tackling the day's problems, I too would be all about it

instead i hate myself and drink too much. so I wake up late, stay at work late, and work out late.

well

that's life, I guess.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Getting back to gym. Newborn cries at night. I'm tired. Bye gains.

Kid is awesome though :)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pesmerga posted:

Getting back to gym. Newborn cries at night. I'm tired. Bye gains.

Kid is awesome though :)

shouldnt your muscles be strong considering the grave you just dug for yourself?

:rip: in peace

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Chinatown posted:

shouldnt your muscles be strong considering the grave you just dug for yourself?

:rip: in peace

By procreating you mean? :ohdear:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I made new video you guysssss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWOcb049MxE

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Hey Everybody *smiles nonconfidently*

Just joking mate. I am gonna try ur recipe and I hope u get lots of views.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

E_P posted:

Hey Everybody *smiles nonconfidently*

Just joking mate. I am gonna try ur recipe and I hope u get lots of views.

Yeah, that was like my 8th take. I'm a n00b. Thanks, brah 😎👍

Khorne
May 1, 2002
How long is it going to take back poo poo to stop being screwed up?

I hurt it shoveling, but I didn't know I hurt it until that night. That's pretty much how it is working. I can still squat or deadlift fine, I'll get some real mild soreness after but everything is good, then that night while laying/sitting around for a while + the next day + the day after will suck balls. If I am just walking around it's fine. I can bodyweight squat fine even on those days. Anything involving hip hinge, even with lower back not getting compromised and staying the same arch, is sore/painful. Getting up after sitting for a while sucks to the point where walking is awkward, but I can kind of walk it out and/or hinge a bit like a stretch and then it feels mostly fine.

Then after 2 days it feels normal. Except if I use it again in a loaded exercise the process repeats. It has been going on for 2 weeks. Also, I seem to be able to do machine rows, leg press, overhead press, bench, and all that stuff fine.

There's no decreased power in my lifts. I did 4x10 265lb deadlifts two days ago and it felt fine. Except for mild soreness after, and then I am still paying for it now.

I'm thinking of giving it another 2 weeks or 4 weeks and then attempting light RDLs. Hopefully not agitating it at all in those few weeks.

The pain is around my tailbone. Maybe a bit off to the left down there. Seems to be below SI joint. None of the tests really test positive for anything except laying straight on my back and lifting my leg. Then there is some concentrated pain/soreness in that area somewhere between 15 and 40 degrees. If I do that a few times the pain kinda goes away. No pain in legs or above that area. The SI joint tests are all negative but SI stretches can help a little. I use "pain/soreness" because it's soreness more or less but I have trouble distinguishing pain levels.

I don't think it's anything too serious, but at the same time I don't know how long it's going to take to get better. Going to a doctor seems like a waste of time because he's just going to say "rest and if something agitates it stop doing it" and it's like no poo poo.

Also no soreness or pain at all if I am laying on my side ever. Seems to mostly do with load in that area.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 26, 2017

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Khorne posted:

How long is it going to take back poo poo to stop being screwed up?

I hurt it shoveling, but I didn't know I hurt it until that night. That's pretty much how it is working. I can still squat or deadlift fine, I'll get some real mild soreness after but everything is good, then that night while laying/sitting around for a while + the next day + the day after will suck balls. If I am just walking around it's fine. I can bodyweight squat fine even on those days. Anything involving hip hinge, even with lower back not getting compromised and staying the same arch, is sore/painful. Getting up after sitting for a while sucks to the point where walking is awkward, but I can kind of walk it out and/or hinge a bit like a stretch and then it feels mostly fine.

Then after 2 days it feels normal. Except if I use it again in a loaded exercise the process repeats. It has been going on for 2 weeks. Also, I seem to be able to do machine rows, leg press, overhead press, bench, and all that stuff fine.

There's no decreased power in my lifts. I did 4x10 265lb deadlifts two days ago and it felt fine. Except for mild soreness after, and then I am still paying for it now.

I'm thinking of giving it another 2 weeks or 4 weeks and then attempting light RDLs. Hopefully not agitating it at all in those few weeks.

The pain is around my tailbone. Maybe a bit off to the left down there. Seems to be below SI joint. None of the tests really test positive for anything except laying straight on my back and lifting my leg. Then there is some concentrated pain/soreness in that area somewhere between 15 and 40 degrees. If I do that a few times the pain kinda goes away. No pain in legs or above that area. The SI joint tests are all negative but SI stretches can help a little. I use "pain/soreness" because it's soreness more or less but I have trouble distinguishing pain levels.

I don't think it's anything too serious, but at the same time I don't know how long it's going to take to get better. Going to a doctor seems like a waste of time because he's just going to say "rest and if something agitates it stop doing it" and it's like no poo poo.

Salami sauna jackoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Sounds like you caught The Old.

You have my sympathy, friend.