Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Devon St in Chicago has a ton of great Indian and Pakistani restaurants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
When I lived in Boston there was a really really great Indian restaurant near Cambridge...it was a Punjabi Tabha (this is a type of restaurant but I think it was also the name of the place) and it was 2 stories (top story just seating) and no waiters or anything, you just order your food at a window and then wait to pick it up. It's the best goddamn Indian food I've had in America

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle has tons of excellent Indian food. Most of it is located in the North part of the city, by UW. For South Indian fare, Chili's is the best. Their dosa is incredibly good. Taste of India has the best chai, and it's bottomless, plus their food portions are good for the prices. Saffron Grill is very good well.

When Amazon moved in, they gentrified the hell out of the city, but at least we got some nice Indian restaurants out of it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

peanut allergy :negative:

I mean I love a good curry, but indian food is a total minefield for me.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

SHOAH NUFF posted:

When I lived in Boston there was a really really great Indian restaurant near Cambridge...it was a Punjabi Tabha (this is a type of restaurant but I think it was also the name of the place) and it was 2 stories (top story just seating) and no waiters or anything, you just order your food at a window and then wait to pick it up. It's the best goddamn Indian food I've had in America

Punjabi Dhaba
225 Hampshire St, Cambridge, MA 02139

A must visit!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I once dated a girl for a long time who had a diet growing up of her single dad saying "I'm not cooking for you, here's $6, go buy something at Dairy Queen." She couldn't eat anything but bland food. I once bought a bag of potstickers from Costco, and she hesitated to eat them because they looked too exotic for her. I went with my family to an Indian restaurant and she couldn't order anything on the food because it all looked gross to her.

I'm pretty sure if we traveled anywhere, we'd only eat at places like TGIF's because "at least we know the food is good."

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Punjabi Dhaba

A must visit!
I ate here when I visited Boston many moons ago and it was fantastic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

I once dated a girl for a long time who had a diet growing up of her single dad saying "I'm not cooking for you, here's $6, go buy something at Dairy Queen." She couldn't eat anything but bland food. I once bought a bag of potstickers from Costco, and she hesitated to eat them because they looked too exotic for her. I went with my family to an Indian restaurant and she couldn't order anything on the food because it all looked gross to her.

I'm pretty sure if we traveled anywhere, we'd only eat at places like TGIF's because "at least we know the food is good."

One of my ex-coworkers will not eat anything outside of the all american diet. He only eats pizza, cheeseburgers, french fries, chicken wings, hot dogs, pasta and like cereal for breakfast.

We took him out to a Chinese buffet once and were breaking through to him at least a little bit and then someone had him eat one of those red peppers in Kung Pao Chicken and he started crying and refused to ever go out with us again.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cash Monet posted:

I can't get over Ryan Gosling's nasally voice. His face and perfect body scream "your woman will only be truly happy with me" but his voice gives off "stuff me in a locker."

Lol gosling's body looks like poo poo

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Fiz any recommendations for midtown Atlanta, booze places.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

seiferguy posted:

My brother dated a girl like this in his teens. They were supremely mismatched although in fairness to her she came from a...not very supportive background (grew up poor, parents stole from her, etc.). They broke up a long time ago but the exposure eventually helped her to cultivate less lovely habits.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

One of my ex-coworkers will not eat anything outside of the all american diet. He only eats pizza, cheeseburgers, french fries, chicken wings, hot dogs, pasta and like cereal for breakfast.

We took him out to a Chinese buffet once and were breaking through to him at least a little bit and then someone had him eat one of those red peppers in Kung Pao Chicken and he started crying and refused to ever go out with us again.

Same girl was perfectly content eating cereal for dinner (not breakfast!) every night. I mean, there's nothing wrong with American food, but have some variety in your life, smdh

I once met a childhood friend of a different ex who told me he dated a girl who was on a bland diet - like, apparently "ketchup was too spicy" bland. He was a cook professionally, so he said he started slowly adding spice to each meal they made, and got her up to eating 3-4 star spice meals without her knowing it. He broke the news to her eventually, and she was so upset with him that she broke up with him.

corn on the cop posted:

My brother dated a girl like this in his teens. They were supremely mismatched although in fairness to her she came from a...not very supportive background (grew up poor, parents stole from her, etc.). They broke up a long time ago but the exposure eventually helped her to cultivate less lovely habits.

Funny story - that ex now lives in Germany. She used to be really anti-travel and "new ideas" and after I broke up with her for basically being so set in her ways, she stopped being a boring person apparently.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 24, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Same girl was perfectly content eating cereal for dinner (not breakfast!) every night. I mean, there's nothing wrong with American food, but have some variety in your life, smdh

I once met a childhood friend of a different ex who told me he dated a girl who was on a bland diet - like, apparently "ketchup was too spicy" bland. He was a cook professionally, so he said he started slowly adding spice to each meal they made, and got her up to eating 3-4 star spice meals without her knowing it. He broke the news to her eventually, and she was so upset with him that she broke up with him.

Funny story - that ex now lives in Germany. She used to be really anti-travel and "new ideas" and after I broke up with her for basically being so set in her ways, she stopped being a boring person apparently.

Lol 0wned

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What's my latest culinary love? Korean BBQ spare ribs from my local Chinese takeout

Korean BBQ is secretly the best BBQ

Vvvv if it is Vancouver BC I'm pretty sure they have a decent Indian community so you can find something

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 24, 2017

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Punjabi Dhaba

A must visit!

Yup. I love the food here, which will be sorely missed once I move to BC later this year :(

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

She better have been crazy hot or you better have been crazy ugly.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

seiferguy posted:

It's all about exposure, really. People are generally really slow to accept beliefs that conflict with their own.

Or the dude was just really hot.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Bad Moon posted:

Korean BBQ is secretly the best BBQ

My man.

I remember when I lived in LA for a year for school, I had a Korean Roomate. He was pretty good at picking the best Korean BBQ places and now i"m one picky bastard when it comes to Korean BBQ.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

FizFashizzle posted:

True but he has a successful acting career

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Man I need this thread. I keep making the mistake of posting in D&D arguing that maybe the US can withstand the disaster of a Trump Presidency and not fall into a literal dictatorship. This of course makes me a closet Trump supporter.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Man I need this thread. I keep making the mistake of posting in D&D arguing that maybe the US can withstand the disaster of a Trump Presidency and not fall into a literal dictatorship. This of course makes me a closet Trump supporter.

They are correct.

You are even a pats fan!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Man I need this thread. I keep making the mistake of posting in D&D

round peg hits square hole

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Don't post in D&D. It's really loving simple.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seriously, just write your political opinions on a piece of paper and then scream at it or jump to whichever spinoff forum has the two dozen posters who share a mindset with you and post about your cats / doxx mods or something.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Fiz any recommendations for midtown Atlanta, booze places.

Crescent Ave has a lot of options to choose from depending on what kind of food you want to go with your booze.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Don't post in D&D. It's really loving simple.

Or post in it but don't be a whiny baby about it.

Either or

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

round peg hits square hole

I subconsciously hate myself and can't help it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

She better have been crazy hot or you better have been crazy ugly.

She flirted with the hot / crazy scale, man. When I first met her, she had been exercising for several months and was at a healthy weight, and looked really good. Then she stopped caring as we dated, gained 40 pounds, cut off most of her hair (not a full shave, but a lot for her standards) because she "didn't deserve long hair", and then faked a suicide to try to get me back with her the day after I broke up with her.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean, every single action I'm seeing is that we probably won't withstand him. I don't blame you for having optimism though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Don't post. It's really loving simple.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol I keep subconsciously going to check the reports, and then "Oh yeah that's right"

Kalli how long did it take you to adjust? Granted I did it for over three years

Holy poo poo I spent 3 years as an unpaid babysitter

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I subconsciously hate myself and can't help it.

There's nothing wrong with hope as long as we act on it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

That's mean, I even complemented you on your avatar. :(

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

The Big Jesus posted:

Crescent Ave has a lot of options to choose from depending on what kind of food you want to go with your booze.

I doubt I'll need food, I just plan on being full of booze and stimulants

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
things I'm really into lately:

- Korean BBQ spare ribs
- Peanut Butter filled M&Ms
- working on my cardio
- Playing Civilization as a sea-faring power

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's mean, I even complemented you on your avatar. :(

I'm a loose cannon

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I doubt I'll need food, I just plan on being full of booze and stimulants

Crescent ave blows.

If you just wanna get loaded go to like vortex on peachtree. Closest thing in that part of town to a pure bar.

But east atlanta village is an easy uber away and you won't be drinking with engineering majors.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

She flirted with the hot / crazy scale, man. When I first met her, she had been exercising for several months and was at a healthy weight, and looked really good. Then she stopped caring as we dated, gained 40 pounds, cut off most of her hair (not a full shave, but a lot for her standards) because she "didn't deserve long hair", and then faked a suicide to try to get me back with her the day after I broke up with her.

:lol: I'm so sorry, man. That's terrible.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

lol I keep subconsciously going to check the reports, and then "Oh yeah that's right"

Kalli how long did it take you to adjust? Granted I did it for over three years

Holy poo poo I spent 3 years as an unpaid babysitter

Like a minute, I hated checking reports. The mod threads were a nice place to relax, but reading reports just involved me sighing every single time.

Except for that one that got goldmined because the dude who played a billion hours of Wow got called out in pet island for neglecting then getting rid of his dogs. That one was hilarious.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Just assumed, please elaborate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

things I'm really into lately:

- Korean BBQ spare ribs
- Peanut Butter filled M&Ms
- working on my cardio
- Playing Civilization as a sea-faring power

Lol not going Pangea so you don't have to worry about it.

Then rush Stonehenge, start making GBS threads out faith, go straight to theocracy, then build an unstoppable army.

• Locked thread