Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do you think Ben just needs a hug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yes, but how long do you think it'll take to figure out the genetic code for arm length to make that happen? It's not like he's going to be around for long.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The only one up for it is the Slender man.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The goons who created Slenderman need to expand the mythos to include The Lesnick as his arch-nemesis.

Expand it a LOT.

Ben fat

edit: great minds

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Never gonna find someone with arms that long

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

No. Ben is a good egg, he's just a misunderstood super nerd

This is what he believes

The truth is he is a lovely person who tries to power over that with robotic human pleasantries

His Twitter is full of offering his ear or shoulder to cry on when people tell him of their hardships

"Yeah cancer sucks, rear end cancer ? HM yeah probably not as bad as going blind .... did you see my wing commander tattoo ?"

And joke answer , you'd need 3 people holding hands in a circle to hug him

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 24, 2017

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Here we go again. Round 2:

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/823942522934177792

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Next we're going to meet a man who never wipes his rear end. There's nothing wrong with him- he's just so rich, he doesn't have to!

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

it's me. I'm Chris' missing pants.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Who is that at the end with the bare legs? Is that Professional Game Guru and Entertainment Mogul Chris Roberts, dressing for success?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Classy with a capital crobs

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

I'd love to see updated stats on that.

The part that matters is when they dock their tuned ship and everyone goes WOAH, some goon just hurtled out of the sky and rammed into it with that cheap PoS fighter! You don't even have to actually fly the thing, it's not like people know where you go with it. Which is convenient to keep dreaming because there is nowhere to fly.

FTFY.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I like that Sandi finds it appropriate to tweet a meeting in which everyone looks like they want to kill themselves.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Hard at work or individually contemplating suicide?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Those people all look defeated. I know that even in a successful enterprise, people will often look downtrodden and disengaged in a meeting, because corporate meetings often suck, but why post a picture of people looking like that?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

XK posted:

Those people all look defeated. I know that even in a successful enterprise, people will often look downtrodden and disengaged in a meeting, because corporate meetings often suck, but why post a picture of people looking like that?

How else do you expect them to show that they're really working, honest, guv'?

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor
Chris shows his worked up Dossier to the team. "It's Simple, We kill the Smart Man".

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Chalks posted:

I like that Sandi finds it appropriate to tweet a meeting in which everyone looks like they want to kill themselves.

gently caress them for trying right? If they play around in a live stream or photo, they get chastised for acting like retards and not paying attention to developing a game. If they get serious, focused and look like they're actually concerned in a meeting, they get chastised for doing so.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

And so it begins... again.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

ManofManyAliases posted:

gently caress them for trying right? If they play around in a live stream or photo, they get chastised for acting like retards and not paying attention to developing a game. If they get serious, focused and look like they're actually concerned in a meeting, they get chastised for doing so.

No, it's the transparent attempts to show there's some life in the office even in the absence of tangible progress.

This entire charade is the equivalent of keeping a spreadsheet open on your computer to convince the boss you're working.

Also they don't look serious or concerned - the guy in the front right is surreptitiously dicking around on his phone.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

MARKETING GURU - "We've done some deep diving on this, Chris. We've found there's a lot of talk of a "stimpire" around the net and we think it may help you to re-capture the gaming zeitgeist if you included it in the lore of the 'verse. "
SANDI - "Oh wow, that'd be so meta"
CHRIBS - "JUST DO IT"

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Chunjee posted:

it's me. I'm Chris' missing pants.

That and his body language show nothing else but someone that has no respect for the people he works with or whatever they try and contribute. The utter lack of professionalism from him is proof that he is WAY over his head and has no idea about how to lead his company that was given to him on a silver platter by turbo nerds that had their heart strings pulled.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Skippy Granola posted:

No, it's the transparent attempts to show there's some life in the office even in the absence of tangible progress.

This entire charade is the equivalent of keeping a spreadsheet open on your computer to convince the boss you're working.

Also they don't look serious or concerned - the guy in the front right is surreptitiously dicking around on his phone.

Those are some stimperial level assertions you made. Glad we have qualified psychologists to make such deductive reasoning. I mean, it could be Mario Run or it could be a schedule or agenda update, but yeah - immediately peg the negative.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

DapperDon posted:

That and his body language show nothing else but someone that has no respect for the people he works with or whatever they try and contribute. The utter lack of professionalism from him is proof that he is WAY over his head and has no idea about how to lead his company that was given to him on a silver platter by turbo nerds that had their heart strings pulled.

You never worked in a start-up, have you?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Well we know that most of the people funding the game don't play it. Only about 1000 people have played Star Marine for more than 2 hours as of a few weeks ago.

Most backers don't give a rat's rear end about Star Marine. They are only interested int he Persistent Universe game.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

ManofManyAliases posted:

I would never say "gently caress them for trying" because "trying" is all they can accomplish. I, like you, disagree with putting them in a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" dilemma because CIG is incapable of "doing" which unfairly damns them by default.

Of course they're concerned in a meeting. They're also concerned at their desks, concerned when they drive home, and in a year or so, their biggest backers will be concerned with the right way to tie a noose.

Everything and everyone tied to CIG will eventually be moved to concern.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

No, I have not unless you count my own company that has made me a decent living for the past 14 years. Why do you ask?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Why does everyone look like that though

They all work for a chairman who showed up to work either looking like a fat Steve Jobs or someone on vacation

I figure Chris is going with the Google corporate culture so it must be parties and bean bag chairs 24/7 there

Space ship shaped bean bag chairs ?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

At $140M and ~400 employees, you're no longer a start-up.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

How about we see zero pictures of people at work and more actual results of that work such as a single design document for promised features, a vertical slice or a single piece of loving gameplay from this single player campaign?

Ask yourself why this photo is the only evidence of work being done.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It's official.

Cig is now a start up indie dev they need YOUR money to help make those dreams a reality

Save pc gaming

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

XK posted:

This is where you are wrong--those folks are upbeat in that picture. You should see those folks when they are just milling about the office.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I see the red phone and I want to paint it black . . . to match the mug holder.
I see the red phone and am not sure what decade we are in. Is that Trump's desk in the oval office or something? Does anyone else still have a POTS line?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Those are some stimperial level assertions you made. Glad we have qualified psychologists to make such deductive reasoning. I mean, it could be Mario Run or it could be a schedule or agenda update, but yeah - immediately peg the negative.
Dr. Smart taught us all about micro-expression reading in still photos. CR is making them read Crymelion posts when the photo was taken.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Chalks posted:

How about we see zero pictures of people at work and more actual results of that work such as a single design document for promised features, a vertical slice or a single piece of loving gameplay from this single player campaign?

Ask yourself why this photo is the only evidence of work being done.

Imagine if CIG hired a competent, professional marketer, with the instructions to show their backers all the progress and work going toward Star Citizen. Then think how long it would take this professional marketer to realize that CIG is not making any progress worth reporting, and that it's not actually a real game development company, but rather a large group of industry wannabes given over $140 million to enact a multinational piece of wish-fulfillment performance theater.

Enter The Dragon, the "best marketer since she was a very small girl" who equates tweeting with work, meetings with progress, and attention with success. It's to the point where I'm half-expecting a tweet of a turd floating in a toilet bowl with the caption "Network engineer getting ready to flush this morning's donuts!"

Sandi was given an impossible task: keep backers aware of our progress. It takes someone this incompetent to do the impossible; she's too dumb to fail. Hence we get regularly scheduled humor nuggets. I, for one, am glad of it.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yeah guys, haven't CIG earned enough goodwill by now for us to cut them a little slack?

It's not like they've lied repeatedly and blatantly about their progress just to milk more cash from the mentally ill.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Tier 1 devs spend time working on their games instead of shitposting incessantly and using pictures to try and trigger others. Nice twitter usage today - you showed a great deal of effort there pal.

You say that, but there are some trainwrecks you can't look away from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Weeks not months, guys!