Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So I illustrated a point earlier by referring to the shooting outside the Milo event as Antifa friendly fire. Well the reports I based that on were apparently wrong as this came out:

quote:

The man who told police he shot and wounded another man during a violent demonstration over the appearance of Milo Yiannopoulos at the University of Washington sent a social-media message to the Breitbart News editor just an hour before the shooting.

“Hey Milo,” the 29-year-old former UW student posted to Yiannopoulos’ Facebook page at 7:24 p.m. “im outside in line to your UW event.

“I got sucker punched (he was a bit limp wristed) and someone jacked my #MAGA hat,” he said, referring to the ubiquitous red and white “Make America Great Again” caps worn by supporters of President Trump.

“Anyway for me to get a replacement signed by you?” the man asked

Yiannopoulos did not respond, and the man went on to be caught up in a raucous confrontation between those trying to get inside the UW’s Kane Hall to see Yiannopoulos and protesters trying to keep them out.

Sometime just before 8:30 p.m., the man — who at this point was wearing a yellow hat — was involved in a scuffle with several people, and he allegedly shot and wounded the other man.

[...]

The man’s Facebook page indicates he is a supporter of Trump, Yiannopoulos and the National Rifle Association.

[...]

Several sources have identified the victim as Josh Dukes, 34, a Seattle computer-security engineer and a member of the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) General Defense Committee, which describes itself as an “anti-racist and anti-fascist organization.”

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/uw-shooting/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Do not leave this man alone with your drink.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

fishmech posted:

Go ahead and tell us about all the current Trump supporters you know who aren't either massively stupid or fascist. :allears:

Go ahead and tell us how political violence is going to end up with a regime that's better.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Obligatory:

Since this guy literally says this is why he's doing this.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

TildeATH posted:

Go ahead and tell us how political violence is going to end up with a regime that's better.

Political violence has solved a lot of problems in the past, to be honest. We desire that fascists do not have power, therefore, we take whatever action is necessary to prevent them from having power.

This is a different answer than, I think, Fishmech will give, though.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

TildeATH posted:

I'm sorry that you're so upset about the fact that terrible people deserve a punch in the face. Since you appear to be rather unintelligent I'll make this simple for you: saying people have it coming and if it happens you shouldn't shed a tear over it, is not the same thing as saying everyone needs to go out and do the punching themselves right this moment.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOOBlcOIcLs

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

fishmech posted:

Since you appear to be rather unintelligent

:ironicat:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Azuth0667 posted:

Overwatch is anime.

"Militarized Pixar" would be more accurate.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Mister Macys posted:

Okay that's hilarious I'm going to go with that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

Yes.

OW is far from anime, but it's still chock full of weebs.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

fishmech posted:

I'm sorry that you're so upset about the fact that terrible people deserve a punch in the face. Since you appear to be rather unintelligent I'll make this simple for you: saying people have it coming and if it happens you shouldn't shed a tear over it, is not the same thing as saying everyone needs to go out and do the punching themselves right this moment.

So you're saying that political violence is not appropriate?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Breitbart has a story about trumps approval rating being up. The last sentence in the article is

"Trumps efforts have earned him early crucial praise from labor unions leaders like Richard Trumka and Jimmy Hoffa"

Here it is. Last sentence.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/24/rasmussen-president-trumps-approval-index-booms-since-inauguration/

Double edit: guess it's Hoffa's son?

pop fly to McGillicutty fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 24, 2017

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Breitbart has a story about trumps approval rating being up. The last sentence in the article is

"Trumps efforts have earned him early crucial praise from labor unions leaders like Richard Trumka and Jimmy Hoffa"

Here it is. Last sentence.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/24/rasmussen-president-trumps-approval-index-booms-since-inauguration/

Well, if Trump found Hoffa, maybe we should wait and see what other miracles he can perform. :eyepop:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

TildeATH posted:

So you're saying that political violence is not appropriate?

No? Are you seriously incapable of reading? They deserve it when political violence happens to them.

What question do you think you're asking here, exactly? If you're some sort of radical pacifist that's cool and all, otherwise you don't get to wring your hands that people who talk poo poo get hit.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Keeshhound posted:

Well, if Trump found Hoffa, maybe we should wait and see what other miracles he can perform. :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfILg3ct71s

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Wikkheiser posted:

So I illustrated a point earlier by referring to the shooting outside the Milo event as Antifa friendly fire. Well the reports I based that on were apparently wrong as this came out:

Huh, guess the original police suspect report (50some Asian man) was off too.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Yes.

OW is far from anime, but it's still chock full of weebs.

D. Va has apparently become a protest symbol in Korea

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

KomradeX posted:

D. Va has apparently become a protest symbol in Korea

To protest what?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Chilichimp posted:

To protest what?

Keyboard and mouse controls.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Macys posted:

Like TF2?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Chilichimp posted:

To protest what?

Protestors in support of women's rights have used her logo, mainly.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

21 Muns posted:

Like TF2?

Much, much more so. Watch the faces, and compare them to stuff in the last five years (Frozen, Train your Dragon 2, Little Prince, Tangled, etc.).

There's an article/interview that explicitly states that was what they were going for, but I don't remember by whom.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

To protest what?

From the short video clip I saw online discussing it is just become part of the general antigovernment protests they've been having. Or because the government is making aimbots illegal it's one of those reasons

fishmech posted:

Protestors in support of women's rights have used her logo, mainly.

Yeah it was this one

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Crosspost from political cartoons

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

fishmech posted:

Go ahead and tell us about all the current Trump supporters you know who aren't either massively stupid or fascist. :allears:

You throw that word around like a 10 year-old that just learned a new swear word.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Kubrick posted:

You throw that word around like a 10 year-old that just learned a new swear word.

Go ahead and tell me what people you know, who support Trump now, and aren't stupid or fascists. I'm waiting for anyone to name any.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Phone posted:

Crosspost from political cartoons

Political cartoons from where? The KKK Weekly Reader?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

fishmech posted:

Go ahead and tell me what people you know, who support Trump now, and aren't stupid or fascists. I'm waiting for anyone to name any.

What if they're just in it for the money?

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

My top 3 RIGHT WING MEDIA

gavin mcinnes
greg gutfield
dana loesch
s.e. cupp
karl rove

all the other talk is for babies go to the baby threads

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

Stupid. Economy does better under Dems.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

fishmech posted:

His approval ratings are low but it's still around 30%, so were I to give you the names of tens of millions of people, could you run them against your fascist database?

Or is it more that you need pictures because you can only tell by looking them in the eye?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I'm willing to bet more than 30% of Americans are stupid. Apportioning some of that stupidity to other causes, there is plenty of room for fascism to flourish alongside it there.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mister Macys posted:

Makes you stupid, because he fucks over everyone he can possibly can to avoid paying them. Also because his random flailing in policy is extremely likely to gently caress up all sorts of businesses.

TildeATH posted:

His approval ratings are low but it's still around 30%, so were I to give you the names of tens of millions of people, could you run them against your fascist database?

Or is it more that you need pictures because you can only tell by looking them in the eye?

Yes and those people are all either:
1) Fascist
2) Too stupid to understand that supporting him is really bad.

It's telling that you can't name me a single person who still supports Trump and isn't either fascist or stupid as hell.

Note that I've been saying people who still support him now, that is after the election, after he spent his first day melting down about the fact his inauguration was tiny. I.e. events that have revealed just how incompetent and lovely he is at being president. Someone who even voted for him might have had an expectation that he'd turn out to behave as a generic Republican, but his behavior through the period from election to inauguration and from inauguration onwards shows he clearly can't. And that's why I say the only people who still support him must be fascist or stupid.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

remusclaw posted:

Stupid. Economy does better under Dems.

I was thinking more about media personalities using the stupid and the fascist for monetary gain, but I didn't specify, sorry.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Chilichimp posted:

Political cartoons from where? The KKK Weekly Reader?

I think you might have misinterpreted that cartoon

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

I was thinking more about media personalities using the stupid and the fascist for monetary gain, but I didn't specify, sorry.

Fascist for pay, eh. I'd say that would likely fall under fascism. We are what we do, not why we do it.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
So what's Hannity whining about these days?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

remusclaw posted:

Fascist for pay, eh. I'd say that would likely fall under fascism. We are what we do, not why we do it.

Eventually you get the Night of Long Knives, where the true believers kill off the opportunists in order to consolidate power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Jurgan posted:

Eventually you get the Night of Long Knives, where the true believers kill off the opportunists in order to consolidate power.

Well, nothings saying you cant be stupid and a fascist.