Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I got to the Quarian/Geth finale in ME3 and kept getting no choice to save both despite doing all the required stuff in ME2 and 3. Completed both Legion and Tali's loyalty missions, Tali became an admiral, did all the Rannoch side missions and the prompt still didn't show up. The only thing I could think of where I screwed up was punching Admiral Gerrel, but that wasn't mentioned as part of the requirements when I checked. Does anyone know what's up?

I ended up using the gibbed's save editor because there was no way I was playing ME2 and 3 again. Apparently I had 0 points toward the truce despite doing all of the quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah punching the admiral screws it all up

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I swear I've punched Garrel and still kept both sides alive. Did you make Tali an admiral by exposing her father? Also you need to have four bars of paragade to make the check.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 24, 2017

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I've never not punched him and I got peace my first time through.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
It is absolutely possible to punch Gerrel and still save both sides. Did you rewrite the geth in ME2? If not, that's your problem.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
It probably should go without saying that you need to save Koris as well.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Kurieg posted:

I swear I've punched Garrel and still kept both sides alive. Did you make Tali an admiral by exposing her father? Also you need to have four bars of paragade to make the check.
If you're not punching Garrel you're doing it wrong regardless of any other choice you make. Also paragade sounds like a sports drink :v:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Don't worry, the Geth-Quarian peace is doomed regardless of what you do so it doesn't matter anyway. It is actually totally impossible for biologicals and machines to get along permanently and any truce will be temporary.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Rinkles posted:

I don't think that's how it'll work. You probably can't have all or even more than one or two of the (formerly) Class abilities at once.
I really hope that I'll be able to do something like a biotic-based Infiltrator in the SP.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Halloween Jack posted:

I really hope that I'll be able to do something like a biotic-based Infiltrator in the SP.

You'll have 4 active abilities so :shrug:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yeah punching the admiral screws it all up

wrong

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Rampant Dwickery posted:

It is absolutely possible to punch Gerrel and still save both sides. Did you rewrite the geth in ME2? If not, that's your problem.

you can re-write them and still succeed.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

You just need five 'peace points' that are awarded from different choices in ME2 and 3. I think the only things that outright stop the possibility of peace is if Tali or Legion are dead.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NmareBfly posted:

Don't worry, the Geth-Quarian peace is doomed regardless of what you do so it doesn't matter anyway. It is actually totally impossible for biologicals and machines to get along permanently and any truce will be temporary.

Well it certainly won't be reflected in any of the end game outcomes so you got that right star child.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Also from twitter, like DAI the EA/Origin access version will come with unlimited multiplayer.
There was a misunderstanding there- there's still the 10h limit, but there's no content/unlock restrictions in multiplayer.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I looked up the whole thing needed to make peace with the geth and quarians since I forgot all the values.

quote:

The Reputation check's requirements are complex. First, there are factors which seem to be purely pass/fail; missing even one of them flunks the Reputation check:
Shepard must have at least four bars of Reputation.
Tali and Legion must both be present, which requires an imported save from Mass Effect 2. If no save was imported, Tali will have been exiled and will not be able to support Shepard with an Admiral's authority, while Legion will not appear at all.
The mission Rannoch: Geth Fighter Squadrons must be completed.

Additionally, there are other factors which build up Shepard's trustworthiness to both parties; if Shepard has not done enough of them, the Commander will not have the groundswell of goodwill needed to moderate a cease-fire. According to the official Prima Games guide, each factor has a certain "point" value, and at least 5 "points" are necessary for the cease-fire to occur. These factors are:
(+2 points) Destroying the heretic geth in Legion: A House Divided. In shipboard conversation, you can ask Legion about the repercussions of your decision, and it will mention that the absence of the Heretics made the consensus to join the "Old Machines" more difficult to achieve. Geth forces are also considerably weakened without the aid of the Heretics, giving the Migrant Fleet an edge in the battle and reducing the quarians' overall casualties.
(+2 points) Preventing Tali's exile in Tali: Treason without presenting evidence of Admiral Rael'Zorah's experiments on the geth.
(+1 point) Brokering a peace in the Tali/Legion loyalty argument. If the player did not have sufficient Paragon/Renegade points at that time, loyalty of either Tali or Legion would have been lost. In that case -- even if loyalty had been regained later -- this "point" will not count towards the five needed to pass the Reputation check (and broker the ceasefire).
(+1 point) Completing Rannoch: Admiral Koris.
(+1 point) Saving Admiral Koris during Rannoch: Admiral Koris.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

DancingShade posted:

Well it certainly won't be reflected in any of the end game outcomes so you got that right star child.

I can't wait until the AI in shepard'sRyder's helmet goes rogue and we have a fight to take back control of whatever that AI controls,.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zore posted:

You'll have 4 active abilities so :shrug:

I still don't get why they're doing this. I'm guessing the passives are going to be a lot more transformative and interesting otherwise there's going to be a lot of fiddly menu navigation.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kurieg posted:

I still don't get why they're doing this. I'm guessing the passives are going to be a lot more transformative and interesting otherwise there's going to be a lot of fiddly menu navigation.

I don't either. I was replaying ME3 and its really, really going to suck for most class archetypes.

:(

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zore posted:

I don't either. I was replaying ME3 and its really, really going to suck for most class archetypes.

I'd be pretty okay with it if you can Final Fantasy 13 that poo poo and switch between pre-defined specs on the fly mid combat. But I'm not sure that's what they're going to do.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Everyone gets a passive, and a cool ammo power?

I choose...Reave Ammo :black101:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Zore posted:

Isn't MEA entirely classless?

Mechanically. :v:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Kurieg posted:

I'd be pretty okay with it if you can Final Fantasy 13 that poo poo and switch between pre-defined specs on the fly mid combat. But I'm not sure that's what they're going to do.

Yeah, we'll see. We know you can switch it out of combat, but I don't think anything so far has suggested you can switch in combat yet.

Which makes things really annoying because unless you can switch mid-combat there are any number of powers that are good situationally but not enough to replace a bread and butter power like Warp/Charge/Overload etc.

Especially if you have things like armor and tech/biotic combos still.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Codependent Poster posted:

I looked up the whole thing needed to make peace with the geth and quarians since I forgot all the values.

There's a lot of cool mathy poo poo to the ME3 outcomes that are completely invisible to most because many of the prerequisites involve choices 90% of players would never make.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Everyone gets a passive, and a cool ammo power?

I choose...Reave Ammo :black101:

Can I shoot that ridiculous flare power from ME3: Omega?

Orv posted:

Isn't MEA entirely classless?

Mechanically. :v:

Yeah but they put out that video a week or so ago where a guy opened up a menu with the 6 classes in it, picked one, and had to replace one of his active powers for the new one he just put points in.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

There's a lot of cool mathy poo poo to the ME3 outcomes that are completely invisible to most because many of the prerequisites involve choices 90% of players would never make.

Eh, I think the only thing from that list that really stopped most people who played ME2 was not brokering peace between Tali and Legion.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Kurieg posted:

Can I shoot that ridiculous flare power from ME3: Omega?
Yes but it burns out your whole thermal clip. Also you take a negotiation penalty for haughtiness.

Carnage Ammo only works if there's a surface to do one-handed pull-ups while you fire it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Eh, I think the only thing from that list that really stopped most people who played ME2 was not brokering peace between Tali and Legion.

That's what I mean. It's way too easy to make peace if you played ME2 because there's no direct incentive for getting Tali exiled or not getting her and Legion to kiss & make up. Those are just the decisions that become available to anybody who played ME2 somewhat thoroughly.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Quite a lot of effort went into that segment of the game, considering the ending doesn't even address it when it talks about how organics and synthetics can't get along. Or did they finally bring it up when they changed the ending? I never played the "fixed" ending, Leviathan, or the other story DLC cause I didn't really like the way it turned out. Plus I was way too into the multiplayer. The multiplayer is honestly what I'm looking forward to most in Andromeda.

Luckily I'll have like three other games to play while I wait for Andromeda to come out in March, and be doing plenty of overtime in February to keep me busy waiting for those games to come out.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Assuming you can't switch active powers in combat, I'm guessing that in active combat situations you won't have to pause the action to bring up the power wheel so you can stay on your toes (I mean did vanguards really need anything else other than charge and nova?) and think about what powers to have active for upcoming encounters.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Quite a lot of effort went into that segment of the game, considering the ending doesn't even address it when it talks about how organics and synthetics can't get along. Or did they finally bring it up when they changed the ending? I never played the "fixed" ending, Leviathan, or the other story DLC cause I didn't really like the way it turned out.

Of course not. You can argue your case but the Star child still just says you're wrong because it's right and you need to hurry up and jump in the green beam because transhumanism is awesome.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Ah, I see. I only had +4 points because I had both Tali and Legion's loyalty, but couldn't settle them down during the argument. Sucks that regained loyalty didn't count toward it, but save editor, so whatever.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tali offed herself in my playthrough and even though it wasn't what I intended it ended up being far more memorable than a boring peace would have been. Definitely one of the more memorable moments in the entire series!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Lobok posted:

Tali offed herself in my playthrough and even though it wasn't what I intended it ended up being far more memorable than a boring peace would have been. Definitely one of the more memorable moments in the entire series!

I've always made peace but in my heart I know that genociding the Quarians is the truly moral choice.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, if Tali doesn't splat then I ain't down with that.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

Assuming you can't switch active powers in combat, I'm guessing that in active combat situations you won't have to pause the action to bring up the power wheel so you can stay on your toes and think about what powers to have active for upcoming encounters.

I think I'd rather have a larger variety of powers active at one time(say you choose at the start of a mission) rather than completely respec because you see a single robot off in the distance.

quote:

(I mean did vanguards really need anything else other than charge and nova?)
Shockwave and Slam for hilarious physics shenanigans,

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Kurieg posted:

Shockwave and Slam for hilarious physics shenanigans,

this was my jam.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I started replaying ME3 as a Sentinel, but stupidly I didn't realize that you can't get Tactical Cloak as a biotic. Replaying as an Adept. I can't remember which magic makes the other magic explode, but stuff keeps sploding as long as I cycle between Singularity/Throw/Warp.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Combos

Thankfully, more obsessive people than you have already done the legwork. And if you bring along friends that set people on fire you can make your enemies explode into bloody giblets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Kurieg posted:

I think I'd rather have a larger variety of powers active at one time(say you choose at the start of a mission) rather than completely respec because you see a single robot off in the distance.

Oh god going into a menu to switch your powers around because there's more biotics in the next group or whatever sounds so tedious.

Surely in the year of our lord 2017 they wouldn't design the game like that.