Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

canyoneer posted:

My local facebook group just had an argument about whether when a card instructs you to reroll an opponent's die, whether you're allowed to physically touch it.

Turns out some people are big dumb babies about DONT TOUCH MY ANIMES, STEVEN YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD and get all pissy about it.
I wish I knew who those people were, and could play a Grievous aggro deck against them :haw:

I'm in the same group, I just commented that it literally doesn't matter, so that I just let whoever owns it reroll the die, becuase gently caress it. The OP just said it was weird that people would ignore the wording on the card in the name of etiquette. That whole thread was loving weird.

Edit: What a lovely way to start a page, to make up for it, how do you guys feel about playing 2 troopers over eVeers, with eJango?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Ultiville posted:

In both cases more dice removal would be useful, but unfortunately the hero side just doesn't seem as good at it as the villain side is.

Having gone from jank eKylo/Vader to eLuke/Ackbar, Hero is definitely worse at die removal than Villain, at least in blue. I prefer the die faces in Hero blue - so many loving Focus results - that seem to be absent in Villain blue entirely, and there's enough stuff in Neutral blue to give you a good dice-control suite, but it takes a significant card investment to do so. If you're running rainbow I assume there's a really good reason for it, so you probably don't have the space to fit Force Throws, Use The Forces, Deflects, Force Misdirections, etc. in addition to whatever else you're trying to accomplish? Defensive Position is nice, but I don't like that it can't get specials; you're already running Electroshock, remarked that you didn't like Negotiate, and Reversal is 3 resources; I dunno.

quote:

That said, I suspect it just won't be a tournament viable deck if any significant number of people are running the Hyperspace thing, which, until or unless FFG fixes one of the cards or their tournament rules, it seems like a fair number of people should. It's not really a combo deck per se because of the cards in it only Hyperspace Jump isn't a good card on its own. So you can have a completely competent Poe-based deck that just gets to end the game if it's ahead.

There are a lot of ways to break the JtH loop, but you obviously have to plan for it; stuff like Tactical Mastery is an easy fix, or stacking actions like with Rey + DL-44/Holdout Blaster + Scavenge + Infamous shenanigans. Plus, if you do get ahead, the JtH loop makes you incredibly resource-rich by its nature, meaning that when he does try for a good swing back, cards that normally have the drawback of "it's expensive" (Reversal!) no longer have that drawback. Just play 'em, gently caress it.

Also I'd argue that Hyperspace Jump is actually pretty cool because you can use it to make absolutely sure you get your battlefield in, say, eHan/eRey, which is actually kind of important. Situationally good, but still good.

Did you have an opportunity to test the deck against anything else, maybe at separate times? I'm curious how you'd handle something like eLuke/Ackbar with that deck.

quote:

I don't have a list for it I like yet, but will post it when I do if there's interest.

You definitely should do this.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I just started a sealed league today at my FLGS. Buy in is $15 for the first 6 packs to start the league paired with one of the two starters (which can be from your personal collection), then each subsequent week you can buy two more packs for $6 to add to your pool. Trades within the league are allowed and encouraged. Each week is a 3 game Swiss pairing, and the league is 6 weeks long. My first thought was just to join to get my hands on product, but the setup works really well. All the card opens and trades are meticulously recorded and deck checks are performed randomly. I joined in the second week of play so everyone from last week had 2 extra packs on me, but I got extremely lucky in my pulls and trades.

Pack 1: Han Solo, looks like I'm playing Han/eRey
Pack 2: Padawn
Pack 3: Holdout Blaster
Pack 4: First Order Tie Fighter
Pack 5: Sith Holocron
Pack 6: Cunning

As I'm opening my last couple packs, I hear a guy at the next table opening his week 2 packs pull a Jabba and Han. He's already playing villain, with blue, so I ask if he needs a Holocron. Sure enough he does, so that with a couple uncommons and I have myself a second Han! This is going splendid already.

I do a couple more trades just to get enough Hero and Neutral cards for the 30 card deck size, including a Second Chance, and begin play. First game goes to time because we're both learning our decks, and my opponent wins by 2 damage. Second game goes to time and I win by 9 damage. Third game I get almost every upgrade with dice in the deck on Rey and Han by round 3 and smoke eKylo/Trooper.

It was a ton of fun and I'm already excited to see what I can pull or trade for next week. To think I have the foundations of a constructed-viable deck in a sealed league!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The problem with any limited format for this game is that it would have to include some type of character base, since you can open an entire case and not have enough characters/die to build a full deck. The LCG's use something similar with "draft starter packs" but that makes the whole thing prohibitively expensive.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

The problem with any limited format for this game is that it would have to include some type of character base, since you can open an entire case and not have enough characters/die to build a full deck. The LCG's use something similar with "draft starter packs" but that makes the whole thing prohibitively expensive.

If they let you reuse a starter it wouldn't be so bad. Have it include some generic troopers/padawans etc, sort of like the agendas in a Netrunner cube starter.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Bottom Liner posted:

Just making and selling a draft character pack with one of each color would be cheap and you'd only ever need to buy one.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

guts and bolts posted:

Having gone from jank eKylo/Vader to eLuke/Ackbar, Hero is definitely worse at die removal than Villain, at least in blue. I prefer the die faces in Hero blue - so many loving Focus results - that seem to be absent in Villain blue entirely, and there's enough stuff in Neutral blue to give you a good dice-control suite, but it takes a significant card investment to do so. If you're running rainbow I assume there's a really good reason for it, so you probably don't have the space to fit Force Throws, Use The Forces, Deflects, Force Misdirections, etc. in addition to whatever else you're trying to accomplish? Defensive Position is nice, but I don't like that it can't get specials; you're already running Electroshock, remarked that you didn't like Negotiate, and Reversal is 3 resources; I dunno.

So, first: I'm going to say a bunch of stuff as if I know what I'm talking about, because inserting weasel words all the time is annoying, but I don't intend to be lecturing or condescending; I suspect and hope everyone's understanding of the game will evolve, including mine. I'm just explaining my reasoning.

The origin of this deck was that I wanted to mess with milling as a victory condition. First it was because, for my very first Destiny deck ever, I was more amused than I should have been by teaming Luke up with his mom, so I ran Luke/ePadme. Then I just kept tweaking around Padme, because I always like coming at things from weird angles - it's cool if it works, and I find I always learn some neat tricks along the way even if it doesn't.

My conclusion was that turbo-mill made no sense. Cards like Patience seem like a pure trap in the context of this set of cards - not only is milling less efficient than damage, it's less efficient than discard (compare Padme's die to Jabba's). But it's still an interesting thing to explore, because you blank a lot of the opponent's cards, and Echo Base has a claim ability that's good for you and worthless for the opponent. In that context, basically two things matter: survival, and discard symbols (and Padme's special to a lesser extent). That means most character dice are pretty bad. Padme's is bad because it just isn't powerful - only Focus 2 is at all exciting. Other characters have worse dice than usual because the damage is so rarely relevant. Rey has three effective blanks, Trooper has four, for example. On the hero side, only Ackbar and Padme have more than three sides that contribute anything you much care about.

So thus far I kind of disagree with you: since the deck is all about the support cards, I'd need a specific reason not to build three color. Running elites doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the context of a deck where your character dice are much less important than your upgrade dice, and you want to have a big pool of health for the opponent to chew through. And having access to all the colors gives you way more options for important draw deck cards. Electroshock, Defensive Stance, and Field Medic are all great cards, for example, and the Rebel Trooper is by far the best of the random chumps for the deck since Guardian lets you force the opponent to chew through one of your bad characters early, and unlike blue and yellow, basically none of the red cards you're excited about have a spot requirement. (Logistics is the exception, though I'm still not sure how good it is overall regardless. Trading a card for a resource is generally an upgrade, but a pretty marginal one and it does junk up draws and dilute the power of the draw deck.)

So while I think you could probably cut one of the colors, I think I'd want a pretty compelling reason to do so, and I'm not sure any of the character abilities or synergies you can't fit in to a three color deck really pass the bar. eAckbar might, but he's in red, and I think I'd rather run yellow/blue than yellow/red. Yellow seems like a requirement, primarily for Diplomatic Immunity and Second Chance.

That said, it could also be that I could do more with the current build than I am; I'm not really leveraging Rey that well right now. It's kind of tricky to do because most of the stuff with Ambush isn't great in this deck, but it's possible I could focus a bit more on yellow and run Infamous; being able to net actions with Rey would be really nice, and Jetpack, Black Market, and Infiltrate are all pretty reasonable cards in this deck, as well as the value of being able to get Second Chance or Falcon off with Ambush. (If I can get my hands on some AT-STs, I could combine this with running Finn: Finn/Rey/Trooper is 30.) I think I'll probably try to draw up one like that; just because I'm grinding it out doesn't mean I can't benefit from building some more character synergies, after all. It also gives at least a theoretical out to the dumb hyperspace thing, though without the AT-ST to blow up the Falcon it's not a long-term one. Still helps, and if I really wanted to I could include a DL-44 to Scavenge back for it to let me keep it up. The die removal is at least a useful ability, even if the actual die it grants is pretty garbage for what I'm doing.

quote:

Did you have an opportunity to test the deck against anything else, maybe at separate times? I'm curious how you'd handle something like eLuke/Ackbar with that deck.

The early versions were quite good against something like Luke/Ackbar, but Negotiate was great there, which is one reason I'm thinking I'm going to get it back in; it's a stellar card when your opponent is trying to take their time setting up powerful dice rather than spamming out a bunch of questionable ones. Guardian is also quite good against a deck like that since it can take some critical dice out of play before they can get fixed to the good results (or even just targeting the wrong character). But I'm also kind of behind the meta; at the beginning of the month I left my job as a TO and moved so I can open my own store in a few months, but that means I don't have a local playgroup at the moment, so I haven't played a lot with more recent builds of stuff.

Here's what I currently have for my Jabba/Vader deck (assuming I proxy one Force Choke, sigh):

eJabba
Vader
Frozen Wastes (should maybe be Throne Room)

2 Sith Holocron
2 Immobilize
2 Force Throw
2 Force Training
2 Mind Probe
2 Force Choke
2 Cunning
2 Unpredictable
2 Isolation
2 Backup Muscle
2 Feel Your Anger
2 He Doesn't Like You
2 Deflect
2 Underworld Connections
1 Reversal
1 Speeder Bike Scout

I should probably go to bed now but I'll try to figure out a new hero deck build tomorrow.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Ultiville posted:

So thus far I kind of disagree with you: since the deck is all about the support cards, I'd need a specific reason not to build three color.

Specifically if you were after a much more complete dice control element, I feel like you'd have to dedicate so many more cards to specifically blue that you'd wind up leaving most of either yellow or red on the cutting room floor, that was all I was driving at. Even so, I'm not sure why Patience would be dismissed, particularly with Rey; adding upgrades increases your die pool which in turn makes Patience scary, plus it doesn't require a blue spot, plus it's low on resource expenditure. Shouldn't it be pretty good for exactly what you built?

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

guts and bolts posted:

Specifically if you were after a much more complete dice control element, I feel like you'd have to dedicate so many more cards to specifically blue that you'd wind up leaving most of either yellow or red on the cutting room floor, that was all I was driving at. Even so, I'm not sure why Patience would be dismissed, particularly with Rey; adding upgrades increases your die pool which in turn makes Patience scary, plus it doesn't require a blue spot, plus it's low on resource expenditure. Shouldn't it be pretty good for exactly what you built?

Going all-in on dice control isn't a great plan because Jango is a thing. I'd like a few more than I have now, particularly ones I can play without having activated a character, but I'm certainly going to keep the shield element. One of the things that worries me about the Vader/Jabba deck is that it's pretty short on shield generation in that version, so it's vulnerable to a couple of good initial rolls by a Jango deck.

I ran Patience for a while early, but it felt a lot like a win-more card. In order to run it for a large number of dice, you need to already have built up a bunch of upgrades, and you need to roll them all without the opponent removing many of the dice in the middle activations, and you need to be able to afford to use a resource and a bunch of dice on something that has no effect on the board whatsoever. The one time that might happen is the endgame, where the opponent has 5 or less cards left in deck such that you could realistically finish it off. But by that time if you've got enough surviving characters to have significant dice to Patience away you probably win anyway. I could try it as a one-of again but when I was running it I just never had a chance to play it for more than 2 or so, and 1 resource to mill 2 is nowhere near good enough to justify the slot in the deck.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Anyone get a decklist for a nice, well tested eHan/eRey deck? Finally got everything I could need for it and haven't been able to find one. I'd just like something to start with that has been tested.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Anyone get a decklist for a nice, well tested eHan/eRey deck? Finally got everything I could need for it and haven't been able to find one. I'd just like something to start with that has been tested.

Zach from Team Covenant has a good read on his evolving Hah Rey deck here: https://teamcovenant.com/star-wars-destiny/how-to-play-han-rey-a-revised-destiny-decklist

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

ShowTime posted:

I don't have a well-tested eHan/eRey deck, but I do have this!

Shell
Han Solo, Scoundrel (18)
Rey, Force Prodigy (12)
Starship Graveyard, Jakku

Upgrades (12)
DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol x2
Force Throw x2
Holdout Blaster x2
Jetpack x2
One With The Force x1
Rey's Staff x2
Second Chance x1

Supports (4)
Awakening x2
Infamous x2

Events (14)
Disarm x1
Draw Attention x2
Heroism x2
Hyperspace Jump x2
Scavenge x2
Scramble x2
Shoot First x1
Unpredictable x2

The idea is that your events, other than Hyperspace Jump, are cheap and effective dice modifiers - not quite as good control but at least it's present. Disarm and Shoot First are one-ofs because of their somewhat limited applications, but when you stick them they're great (Han by his lonesome can Disarm a Luke's Lightsaber and, at least in my eLuke/Ackbar deck, there's no way to get it back, which hurts). There's some stuff to mitigate damage appropriately or move stuff around as needed, and you have two different Ambush weapons, which is great.

Hyperspace Jump gives you an edge for making sure your battlefield is in play, since it's important, but you could probably swap it out for something else like Reversal or Smuggling, depending on what you prefer to do.

I'm not sure if I'll leave Awakening in there, but it's not bad per se and nice if you're showing a strong blaster combo that some shitlord shits up by picking off your non-modified ranged results. It also helps Rey out quite a bit.

Force Throw is great, One With The Force is great, Second Chance is great. They're in.

The combo is cool, and it can end games if you get a decent roll:
  • Rey has a Holdout Blaster or a DL-44 equipped. Infamous is already out. Scavenge and either Holdout Blaster or the DL-44 is in your hand, either from you drawing it or after a battlefield claim.
  • You play the blaster in your hand on Rey, which gets Han 1 shield and you 2 extra actions (Ambush + Rey's ability text). It sends the old blaster to the graveyard, since you're overwriting the existing one.
  • You activate Infamous to play Scavenge, which makes it free - 0 resources and it paid for itself in terms of action economy. Han gains 1 shield. You pick up the blaster that you just discarded.
  • You play that blaster on Rey, overwriting the original one. This gives Han 1 more shield and you get 2 more actions. After spending 1 action to play the blaster, this leaves you with 3 consecutive actions.
  • You roll out Rey and/or Han depending on how the turn has gone so far, then you can resolve dice or fix your dice or claim the battlefield or whatever else you want with your free actions.
  • Your opponent talks about how broken Destiny is.

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 24, 2017

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Team Covenant emailed me letting me know that they are getting their "final restock" of Awakenings boxes and are giving former customers the first crack at them. They are limiting orders to a single box.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

Meanwhile it looks like Alliance had a clerical error that meant a bunch of LGSes that thought they were getting a restock this week aren't. Awkward.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Miniature Market now says my order will ship Early March/Late February. Given that awakenings is supposed to be drying up I dunno if I should leave my order in place. I'm pretty bummed about it cause if I don't get my one box outside of my starters I'm going to have gotten literally zero cards from this set

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 24, 2017

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Miniature Market now says my order will ship Early March/Late February. Given that awakenings is supposed to be drying up I dunno if I should leave my order in place. I'm pretty bummed about it cause if I don't get my one box outside of my starters I'm going to have gotten literally zero cards from this set

Is it now possible to describe the Awakenings release as a punt without people saying it doesn't matter?

In any case, agreed. I managed to get almost 4 boxes, primarily since I worked at the LGS so was in when they came in and able to buy the limit most days, but I still am missing several important things and have almost no trade stock. It's really frustrating, and I'd overall rather give money to FFG/LGSes for more packs than buy singles, but despite having had a box on preorder for months it might just be that the store will never get the promised restocks despite their best efforts.

I get that Destiny is probably difficult enough to produce that slotting more in to factory schedules isn't a trivial matter, but FFG could really stand to learn transparency and communication. Even if they don't have any good news to share, saying nothing about egregious stock shortages is a bad idea. At the very least they should do something to restore faith that it won't be like early Magic sets where it remains legal but becomes impossible to obtain, leaving players who missed out unable to compete until format rotation.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea this release was bungled. I tried to give FFG the benefit of the doubt, but the hype around this game is making it impossible to find product. It's looking more and more like this actually is the end of the Awakenings print, at least until after Spirit of Rebellion. That is really bad. People looking to play the game are either unable to or have to pay super inflated prices for stuff. I sold all my extra stuff (things I didn't intend to play or had 3+ copies of) and easily made enough money off of it to break even, while having an amazing collection. People are just paying absurd prices for stuff.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Ultiville posted:

Is it now possible to describe the Awakenings release as a punt without people saying it doesn't matter?

In any case, agreed. I managed to get almost 4 boxes, primarily since I worked at the LGS so was in when they came in and able to buy the limit most days, but I still am missing several important things and have almost no trade stock. It's really frustrating, and I'd overall rather give money to FFG/LGSes for more packs than buy singles, but despite having had a box on preorder for months it might just be that the store will never get the promised restocks despite their best efforts.

I get that Destiny is probably difficult enough to produce that slotting more in to factory schedules isn't a trivial matter, but FFG could really stand to learn transparency and communication. Even if they don't have any good news to share, saying nothing about egregious stock shortages is a bad idea. At the very least they should do something to restore faith that it won't be like early Magic sets where it remains legal but becomes impossible to obtain, leaving players who missed out unable to compete until format rotation.

Yeah, I see what you mean. It's too bad, but I'm beginning to agree with this view.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

ShowTime posted:

Yea this release was bungled. I tried to give FFG the benefit of the doubt, but the hype around this game is making it impossible to find product. It's looking more and more like this actually is the end of the Awakenings print, at least until after Spirit of Rebellion. That is really bad. People looking to play the game are either unable to or have to pay super inflated prices for stuff. I sold all my extra stuff (things I didn't intend to play or had 3+ copies of) and easily made enough money off of it to break even, while having an amazing collection. People are just paying absurd prices for stuff.

What's really surprising isn't the second market prices IMO, but the fact that boosters haven't been widely inflated above MSRP. It makes sense - in the long-term, stores will make more money if the game succeeds and develops a local playgroup than if they gouge ebay scalpers now. But the contrasts with early Magic are pretty interesting. In those cases you often did get inflated pack prices very quickly, but the shortages just drove interest in the game long-term. But of course, it was novel and the only game in town, whereas no matter how good Destiny is, if people are having trouble getting the product to stay competitive, they've got plenty of other good games they could be playing.

That's why FFG needs to communicate, IMO. Even if the news is bad, silence about major issues in 2017 is worse than anything else because it makes you look clueless or unconcerned.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I ordered 4 boxes from BoardGameBliss and a local dude said he'd pay $140 per box.
I think I'd rather have $140 than the box at this point.

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

Wobbuffet! Wobbuffet!! WHERE!?
Well it looks like I really should just sit on all my extras for now. I've got a ton of cards available for trade, including a Vader and a ton of holocrons.

I feel like Holocrons are going to end up the most sought after cards from this set, especially after Force Lightning and all the other force powers that will inevitably be released. I would argue that it's about as overpowered as Black Lotus was in the first sets of Magic. You could legitimately get a Force Lightning rolled out first turn for one resource, leaving you with an extra resource to resolve the 4ranged/1resource side of lightning. In addition, you don't even discard the Holocron, it just goes back to your hand and you play it again.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

canyoneer posted:

I ordered 4 boxes from BoardGameBliss and a local dude said he'd pay $140 per box.
I think I'd rather have $140 than the box at this point.

You'll get more opening it and selling it. Even to MiniatureMarket/CoolStuffInc. I sold a bunch of junk to them and made more money that way then if I had sold them on Ebay, after taking into account fees and shipping. There is something to be said about $140 cash in hand with no work involved though.

They were paying $9 for Launch Bay, which is great when they are about that on Ebay. They had crazy prices on IQA rifles and every pistol, from Holdout to DH-17 and DL-44. Taking into account time, shipping, and fees, it was just a better deal to sell to them. After selling all my extra stuff to them or on Ebay, I still have the following that has essentially been paid for off the profits of those sells (and i'm even counting the 2x boxes I bought from BoardGameBliss):

2x Darth Vader, 2x Luke Skywalker, 2x Han Solo, 2x Poe Dameron, 2x One With the Force, 2x Commanding Presence, 2x Thermal Detonator, 2x Kylo Ren's Lightsaber, 2x Luke Skywalkers's Lightsaber, 2x Black One, 2x Captain Phasma, 1x Force Choke and 1x Millennium Falcon and 2x of every rare, uncommon, common and starter card, with the exception of General Grievous and Qui-Gon Jinn, which I only have 1 of.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

ShowTime posted:

You'll get more opening it and selling it. Even to MiniatureMarket/CoolStuffInc. I sold a bunch of junk to them and made more money that way then if I had sold them on Ebay, after taking into account fees and shipping. There is something to be said about $140 cash in hand with no work involved though.

They were paying $9 for Launch Bay, which is great when they are about that on Ebay. They had crazy prices on IQA rifles and every pistol, from Holdout to DH-17 and DL-44. Taking into account time, shipping, and fees, it was just a better deal to sell to them. After selling all my extra stuff to them or on Ebay, I still have the following that has essentially been paid for off the profits of those sells (and i'm even counting the 2x boxes I bought from BoardGameBliss):

2x Darth Vader, 2x Luke Skywalker, 2x Han Solo, 2x Poe Dameron, 2x One With the Force, 2x Commanding Presence, 2x Thermal Detonator, 2x Kylo Ren's Lightsaber, 2x Luke Skywalkers's Lightsaber, 2x Black One, 2x Captain Phasma, 1x Force Choke and 1x Millennium Falcon and 2x of every rare, uncommon, common and starter card, with the exception of General Grievous and Qui-Gon Jinn, which I only have 1 of.

Please trade me Han :(

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

guts and bolts posted:

Please trade me Han :(

Sorry, Han was the one card I just couldn't seem to pull or trade for. Took forever to finally get him. I wanted to play him ever since I saw him and he is actually good with Rey, so I plan on building that deck.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ShowTime posted:

You're not kidding.
Crack open a Rey starter set, with Miniature Market's buy list prices:
Rey - $0.50
Finn - $1
Force Throw - $7
Lightsaber - $2.50
Use The Force - $2.50

You're at $13.50 right there. :lol:

Ay carumba the singles prices are jumping right now for a lot of things in the last week.

Any interest in setting up a goon TTS league?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

canyoneer posted:

You're not kidding.
Crack open a Rey starter set, with Miniature Market's buy list prices:
Rey - $0.50
Finn - $1
Force Throw - $7
Lightsaber - $2.50
Use The Force - $2.50

You're at $13.50 right there. :lol:

Ay carumba the singles prices are jumping right now for a lot of things in the last week.

I think you also get a rifle with it, which is $1-2. Some of the other cards, like close quarters assault and aim, aren't bad either.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Finally got a booster box! 3rd pull was Kylo's Lightsaber.... With a Holocron die. :negative:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Carteret posted:

Finally got a booster box! 3rd pull was Kylo's Lightsaber.... With a Holocron die. :negative:

The right cards and dice are still in the box. This happened to me and I read about it happening a lot onn the swdestiny subreddit. Everytime it happened they got the correct stuff out of another pack.

If you don't, sorry, don't know what to tell you.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

ShowTime posted:

The right cards and dice are still in the box. This happened to me and I read about it happening a lot onn the swdestiny subreddit. Everytime it happened they got the correct stuff out of another pack.

I had one where I didn't, I have a cardless copy of the red sniper rifle and some orphaned other card (I think Promotion or something else I have spares of, so not super bothered, but would be otherwise).

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

canyoneer posted:

I would join that! Especially since it's looking to be a long time before I touch any actual cards.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Team Covenant emailed me letting me know that they are getting their "final restock" of Awakenings boxes and are giving former customers the first crack at them. They are limiting orders to a single box.

They've sold out since I wrote this.

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

Wobbuffet! Wobbuffet!! WHERE!?

canyoneer posted:

I'd be down. If anyone else is interested, but doesn't have the game yet, Humble Bundle has it for 50% off through tomorrow night.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tabletop-simulator

Unrelated, I can get another box. Should I buy another box? I already have everything I need, but I'd love to trade it into cash toward SoR.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

stoko posted:

I'd be down. If anyone else is interested, but doesn't have the game yet, Humble Bundle has it for 50% off through tomorrow night.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tabletop-simulator

Unrelated, I can get another box. Should I buy another box? I already have everything I need, but I'd love to trade it into cash toward SoR.

If you're willing to work to convert it, it is likely to remain +EV. It seems unlikely they'll print more Awakenings before SoR, which means that just keeping trade stock should be very valuable, especially if they do print enough SoR - the new cards will be deflated compared to Awakenings.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder if they won't have a more concrete date on Awakenings further availability until everyone is back from Chinese New Year in a month.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I wonder if they won't have a more concrete date on Awakenings further availability until everyone is back from Chinese New Year in a month.

They do claim they try to use factories with at least somewhat humane conditions, so maybe people have a vacation. I'd suspect it's more a matter of how production line setup works, though. The sorting for matching dice with cards can't be trivial, so you probably have a much more limited selection of factories than you do for card-only games, and print runs need a while to get set up. I suspect it's just an issue of finding somewhere that can fit a large job like that into the schedule. Especially since the game's success means it needs to be a larger one than they've previously done.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I think its a combination of factors. The dice are pretty unique, so I imagine not just any dice producing factory can take the job. Then there is scheduling, which is done way in advance. Then there is the holidays. And the printing of the set they recently announced. I still think there is going to be 1 more small wave, as they originally said the launch would be in 4 waves and we've only had 3. I just think that wave is already allocated so LGS won't see much of it. It may even be going to foreign markets. Who knows. FFG isn't exactly the picture of transparency. I think even being transparent could be bad. Right now people are unsure. Confirming the lack of product would likely drag everybody into the market of picking stuff up to flip. Right now product is surprisingly well priced when you can find it in stock. It's mostly just Ebay flippers which are driving up prices, as well as a few greedy stores. I think someone in this thread even said they bad $6 for boosters.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Ultiville posted:

They do claim they try to use factories with at least somewhat humane conditions, so maybe people have a vacation. I'd suspect it's more a matter of how production line setup works, though. The sorting for matching dice with cards can't be trivial, so you probably have a much more limited selection of factories than you do for card-only games, and print runs need a while to get set up. I suspect it's just an issue of finding somewhere that can fit a large job like that into the schedule. Especially since the game's success means it needs to be a larger one than they've previously done.

I think Chinese New Year is pretty universal for manufacturing.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Fair enough, I haven't encountered that but also wasn't the primary contact with factories back when I was in game publishing, so could just be I never heard it.

In any case I think there can't be many factories that can do those dice and match them correctly with the cards, so it's probably a combination of factors, as ShowTime said.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

ShowTime posted:

Nope :(

I only had 1 mispack, so my Kylo's Lightsaber is worthless. I guess I can get the card for the 2nd Holocron?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Yeah, I did a lot of research on it for an old job. In the gloomy factory towns, almost everyone will just take the week off anyway.
If they get fired? Oh well, just get another job just like it when you get back.

I remember reading about how the big manufacturers will set up recruiting tents at the train station when people are returning from the holiday, and that some of them will do 90% of their hiring for the year during the 2 weeks following the holiday.

I'm also thinking that the requirements for the custom die probably make it so they can't just find a factory from a catalog.