Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

2015 Nissan Versa to replace my 2001 GMC Jimmy. The Versa has a surprising amount of storage capacity once you push down the back seats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

tentawesome posted:

2015 Nissan Versa to replace my 2001 GMC Jimmy. The Versa has a surprising amount of storage capacity once you push down the back seats.

Well look who's here. That's the guy who sidelined Jimmy. That's the guy who took the bread out of Jimmy's mouth. Jimmy's out of work because of you!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I too want to buy a mace.

However those are expensive as hell and I can make one myself out of plumbing pipe and weight plates. Swinging it around is a hell of a good workout.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-edit lmao whoops

Nostalgia4Dogges has a new favorite as of 20:37 on Jan 22, 2017

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

strangemusic posted:

I too want to buy a mace.

However those are expensive as hell and I can make one myself out of plumbing pipe and weight plates. Swinging it around is a hell of a good workout.

It's hand sculpted, developed for real world combat and wrestling. Your great-grandchildren will be thankful that you didn't settle for a fragile bamboo and stone model when they are waylaying some unsuspecting wasteland traveler.

So this is shovelglove gone legit?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The one I got is from the Hobbit movies, that big albino orc dude carries it around. Can't recall his name but the mace looked cool, and was on sale cheaper than I could make it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Even cheaper, not buying it. Or making one. Or wasting time on kids' movies.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

PCOS Bill posted:

Even cheaper, not buying it. Or making one. Or wasting time on kids' movies.

yeah gently caress off

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bottom Liner posted:

yeah gently caress off

I did not quibble over the price of my goods.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

taqueso posted:

idgi, but everything Onnit makes is overpriced... and they make silly poo poo like Iron Man helmet/zombie head kettle bells...

However The Great Gama was very much a real person who, it seems, popularized training with maces among wrestlers in India.

This (not me) is what training with a homemade mace looks like. Get swole etc.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKrYGmHDBbO/?taken-by=feral_strength

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 01:27 on Jan 23, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

taqueso posted:

It's hand sculpted, developed for real world combat and wrestling. Your great-grandchildren will be thankful that you didn't settle for a fragile bamboo and stone model when they are waylaying some unsuspecting wasteland traveler.

Just use it as a meat tenderizer

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Mu Zeta posted:

Just use it as a meat tenderizer

I approve of using a mace to tenderize your meat. :getin:

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Dick Trauma posted:

I approve of using a mace to tenderize your meat. :getin:
Great post/username combo right there.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Got a Cuisinart PowerEdge CBT-700 because I am tired of lovely blenders and I have a "shoot on sight" policy for Hamilton Beach goods.

yes... yes, you are beautiful...

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

A new much nicer pen roll to replace a less protective one.

It's so soft and smells so nice.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

L-Ink?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Pilot Pensemble, comes in a few variations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Pick posted:

Got a Cuisinart PowerEdge CBT-700 because I am tired of lovely blenders and I have a "shoot on sight" policy for Hamilton Beach goods.

yes... yes, you are beautiful...

I'm actually saving at this point because my Ninja has lasted me two years where the cheaper blenders would cost me around 40 bucks every six or so months when they break.

You don't need to shell out for a Vita-mix to get a seriously rad blender.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
We got a ninja as a wedding gift and it owns. I've never actually used it but my wife makes smoothies for both of us every day and our old blender made them super chunky, the ninja just pulverizes them.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

prom candy posted:

We got a ninja as a wedding gift and it owns. I've never actually used it but my wife makes smoothies for both of us every day and our old blender made them super chunky, the ninja just pulverizes them.

I just read that as you got gifted an actual Japanese Ninja, and not as a brand name for a blender.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I, uh, went kinda crazy on amazon. I'm reorganization my poo poo so that's how I rationalize it....

Storm MP3 shower speaker. I think bluetooth ones are a bit silly because you have to fuss with the connection and all that. I mean, I never use bluetooth so it's always off on my phone. Anyways I was hoping something like this existed and it does. Has 2gb internal storage. Hop in shower, hit play, shuffle some random tunes.

Black & Decker Matrix drill. Yeah it's nothing fancy, I won't be doing anything crazy. Allows for a tom of attachments that all seemingly have good reviews. Sander, impact gun, jig saw, saw, hedge trimmer lol

Gotta get some accessories

Already have one but can't find it. Magnetic stud finder. Thing works great!

Mounting Dream wall mount.

Floating shelves

Pillow chat: Snuggle pedic shredded memory foam, $60. Ended up getting this one after poking around a bit. Still trying it out.

SIlk pillowcase. Figured why not, spoil myself. $30 a pop though. I've never used one before though.

Shower clock

Motion sensor porch light. Too spooky around here.

These things are dope if you live in an old rear end place with the old style sinks from 1940 lol. Swivel all around and you can pull the white piece up to spray.

Beckham Hotel Collection Hypoallergenic Reversible Goose Down Alternative

:getin:

8" :quagmire:

Waterproof phone case, apparently completely waterproof. I'm not going to go swimming with it but it's one of those things you always need but never have when you go to the beach and sand gets all over

Got a ton of variations of these magnetic hooks with different pound ratings. They're nifty.

Cable management sleeve. Really innovative thing I've surprisingly never seen. Great alternative to wall mounting.

New kitchen timer :catdrugs:

These little things are cool as poo poo

For the kitchen. Not actual wood, tho.

prom candy posted:

Ninjas are pretty good. They're the unofficial poorman vitamix

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I got my Nest Bedding pillow the other day and so far really like it. Queen size shredded memory foam Easy Breather. It's a big upgrade over the sculpted block of memory foam pillow I had before. Out of the box it felt about right for back/side sleeping, since I'm a side/stomach sleeper I took about 15-20% of the memory foam out and that seems about perfect for me.

Not sure that'd I'd recommend it unreservedly since the price point's a bit high compared to other shredded memory foam pillows on the market but I'm happy with my purchase.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's a Woot Off today (at https://www.woot.com) and I grabbed 3 of the Kindle Keyboards. I owe 2 christmas presents and I like the idea of having a backup in case my regular paperwhite somehow shits the bed.

Downside is, loving hell they started charging sales tax in my state. Assholes.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

There's a Woot Off today (at https://www.woot.com) and I grabbed 3 of the Kindle Keyboards. I owe 2 christmas presents and I like the idea of having a backup in case my regular paperwhite somehow shits the bed.

Downside is, loving hell they started charging sales tax in my state. Assholes.

Hasn't woot just turned into random poo poo Amazon has laying around the warehouse since they got bought? Back in college it was on my morning checklist, but I haven't visited in years.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Eh, basically.

Good prices though. The kindles were 14.99 a pop. Hell of a price for an ereader.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Already have one but can't find it. Magnetic stud finder. Thing works great!

What you needed was a stud finder finder. :colbert:

funkatron3000
Jun 17, 2005

Better Living Through Chemistry

Shotgun shells for vintage shotguns since I was gifted a 20 gauge from 1924 that can't shoot modern ammo.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Purchased and roasted a turkey.

I now have too much turkey.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Wrong. You now have just enough turkey...for pot pie.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Dogbrisket posted:

Wrong. You now have just enough turkey...for pot pie.

This is 100% the right answer. The best thing about Thanksgiving/Christmas turkey dinner is throwing everything in a pie shell the next day. The best thing about being Canadian living in the US is having two Thanksgivings in which to do this amazing thing. :buddy:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

A burrito bowl with chorizo at Chipotle. The chorizo is super good because they crisp it up on the griddle before serving.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

A burrito bowl with chorizo at Chipotle. The chorizo is super good because they crisp it up on the griddle before serving.
I've had the chorizo and it just sits in a tray like their other meats. :confused:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mine werent soggy though like the other meats

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
NordicTrack C 1450. Our ancient Costco model didn't survive being moved cross-country, and work picked up the tab for the first $800 of the new one

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

Along a similar line:

I will be buying a new laptop, because my Macbook got stolen at loving Chipotle.

(To hell with the new MBP though, likely going to pick up a System76)

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

strangemusic posted:

I will be buying a new laptop, because my Macbook got stolen at loving Chipotle.

*channels PCOS Bill* "hipster.txt"

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I bought an Apple Watch Series 2. I looked at a bunch of options, mainly fitness watches, but in the past I've just been disappointed whenever I've gone for a non-Apple option (looking at you, Samsung Galaxy S).

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Bought a loving fridge because mine poo poo the bed. Goddamnit.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes you can fix them by just replacing the condenser in the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?