Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

I don't remember when exactly Stalin attempted to "address climate change and ensure marriage and reproductive human rights" though.

On review, I guess he might have just quoted my post and responded with something that bore no relation to it in the slightest. I was really confused when I read his post at the time, but it was really early and I got like 4 hours of sleep.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Probably because literal Nazis and white supremacists are in key government positions in the united states right now you mouth breather.

People are mad about Nazis. The Soviet Union killed lots of Nazis. Not hard to understand.

I am aware of this and not happy about it, but it's not like that automatically makes the Soviet Union good or anything.

Scatsby fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

The left needs to do this immediately.

Sandpuppy posted:

All those fully formed fetuses are now saved!

More talking fetus fantasy cartoons. Do these poo poo heels have any clue how pregnancy works? Of course not! These fucks are against education.

Also jail all Nazis.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Mister Beeg posted:

How many people are aware of Daryl Cagle's daughter, Susie (also a cartoonist)?

https://twitter.com/susie_c/status/823986329738285056

Needless to say, she's more "on the nose" than her dad.

I saw her article that she has a link to in her pinned tweet earlier; some thread-worthy cartoons there. I was gonna say :effort: dumping them all here but whatever I did it.

Susie Cagle posted:

Our 45th president's contempt for environmental protections is well documented. So what will his first 100 days look like? Here's our educated guess on what could happen, based on what he's already said and done.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Emasculator posted:

On review, I guess he might have just quoted my post and responded with something that bore no relation to it in the slightest. It was really early and I got like 4 hours of sleep.

I am aware of this and not happy about it, but it's not like that automatically makes the Soviet Union good or anything.

I guess you're just a loving idiot then because no one you've quoted has been talking about how much they love Stalin-kun or whatever. You seem to have assumed that's the case because someone posted an image that included a soviet flag.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Duke Igthorn posted:

My brother went from a Lefty, to "We must LISTEN to the enemy!! THAT'S why Trump won!!" idiot after the election, to unironically sharing pro-Trump anti-poor memes. He's just loving lost it and I'm so very worried about him. It's like my brother decided "if you can't beat them, join them" was the only option, he insists he's not right wing, he's just holding the rightwing and leftwing to the same standards which, apparently, means cheering everything the right does while booing everything the left does, He said all the same poo poo the Nazi apologists have been for the last 5 pages, "But what if it wasn't a Nazi???" "Then...it wouldn't have been ok...I mean...he's a Nazi..." "But what if it WASN'T????" "Then it wouldn't be ok? Cause then it wouldn't be a Nazi?" "But it's ok if it IS a Nazi???" "Yeah...they're Nazis..." "But what if it WASN'T a Nazi????" etc etc etc Like every single thing in life ever is unquestionably a slippery slope instead of, you know, starting and ending at loving Nazis.

I think in conversations like these it's important to establish that you don't actually want to legalize the punching of people as long as they are Nazis, and that while you applaud the actions of the brave soul who was willing to risk arrest to punch someone who had to be punched, you still recognize that the punch itself was and should be against the law

Sort of like a Robin Hood situation except with Nazi-punching

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Can we use this version?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Yeah, the Gadsden flag is actually pretty cool and it would be nice if we could reclaim it from the Tea Party.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Ularg posted:

Can we use this version?

That is beautiful! I would accept both versions.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

What happened to the "commonly requested cartoons" section? My mother wanted to see the Popular Fantasies gun control cartoon.

Edit: I found it, but "popular fairy tales gun control cartoon" got some interesting results.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 24, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

SirSamVimes posted:

What happened to the "commonly requested cartoons" section? My mother wanted to see the Popular Fantasies gun control cartoon.

Which one, the "Open Pointing" cartoon?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Edit: I found it, but "popular fairy tales gun control cartoon" got some interesting results.
To keep the OP size manageable I moved them to the tumblr that is linked in the OP.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

When conservatives complain about property damage, remember that they formed a splinter faction named after an act of desctruction of property.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If there's any illegal act I could tacitly endorse more strongly than the punching of Nazis it is the burning of limousines

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

loquacius posted:

If there's any illegal act I could tacitly endorse more strongly than the punching of Nazis it is the burning of limousines

It's a truly victimless crime.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Every time a car anywhere in the world is damaged even slightly Payne dies a little bit inside.

What I'm saying is, destroy all cars.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

loquacius posted:

What if you could out-debate the limousine and turn it into a Prius?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

What if you could out-debate the limousine and turn it into a Prius?

I did that. Mileage is great

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

His editor must've changed that first sign since the funny pages don't allow the word that was actually used.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Seriously though, don't burn limousines you guys. Cars pollute enough already when they're not being entirely converted into noxious toxic fumes.

Instead you should fill their tanks with water.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

duz posted:

His editor must've changed that first sign since the funny pages don't allow the word that was actually used.

His editor felt the first sign for the republican protester was too easily misconstrued:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Pants Donkey posted:

When conservatives complain about property damage, remember that they formed a splinter faction named after an act of desctruction of property.
Crispus Attucks was a lawless thug who should have obeyed the authorities. #redcoatlivesmatter

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Thank you for that label, Stiglich, for a brief moment I was wondering why Uncle Sam was pushing this utterly unrecognizable person.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Edit for accuracy

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 24, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think King Possum III is just loving with us now.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

C'mon, you're doing it on purpose now!

e; f,b!

Volcanic Vents fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 24, 2017

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Y...yes?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So it seems the only conservative cartoonists that are all for Trump are Garrison and Branco (surprise!), whereas most other conservative cartoonists are either trying to lay their burns into celebrities, or still try to criticize Obama and ignore Trump's existence. Even most of them are pouncing on the "alternative facts" fiasco.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ularg posted:

Can we use this version?

Nothing will ever top this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX5C2KGURcE

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

By the time the next elections occur, the Republicans will have successfully brought down the number of polling places each state to the single digits, creating huge lines and ensuring most liberal voters never even have a chance of making their voices heard. A Depressingly Realistic Cartoon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cat Mattress posted:

Seriously though, don't burn limousines you guys. Cars pollute enough already when they're not being entirely converted into noxious toxic fumes.

Instead you should fill their tanks with water.

wouldn't it just pour out the barrel

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Ularg posted:

Can we use this version?

Lots of good options really:

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Actually, I read in the Post that most celebrities in the march didn't make their presence known, or front-line the speeches, but were marching down among the crowds with everyone else; Emma Watson was apparently in the DC march and I heard nothing about that until after the fact because nobody made a thing. Even the folks on stage really didn't make it about them; Ashley Judd, for example, performed someone else's poem.

What I'm saying is, it's a bit more obvious than usual just how much the Usual Suspects actually watched of the March (little, if any).

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

And what are you going to do with all this loving money you're saving, Trump.

Surely not put it in your goddamn pocket.

Surely not.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Huh, this is a sequel to the one he made in 2008 that I showed you all last week

Surprised he remembered it. While I'm sure some oppose abortions in the 32nd trimester, I think it's safe to say this pregnancy ain't gonna work.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 25, 2017

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Sandpuppy posted:

Won't someone please think of the limos?
"Alternative facts" isn't just a soundbite gaffe sweeping political cartoons, it's a reality: For Branco, the women's march was a riot. All those cars on fire. All those people attacked and abused.

Any demonstration is now a violent riot. And any violence proves your point is wrong. (Unless Branco agrees with it in which case suck it up and quit whining.)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

And this one for Trump declaring his inauguration a "Day of Patriotic Devotion":

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Trump alternate facts:

Trumps like to watch movies of firefighters saving puppies from a building on fire, played in reverse.

Trumps sleep with a mask of Trump.

Trump once hired a actor to look like him and act has a mirror when he shave himself.

Trump had all his childres inseminated by the same doctor, then he paid for assisted reproductive technology and the bed.

Trump once kicked a puppy with his car, three times, the first one accidentally, the second one to stop the loud sound, the third one to destroy the proofs.

Trump is secretly a ferengi.

• Locked thread