Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

TRUMP IS GOING TO BE PRESIDENT

gently caress

Edit: hell yeah, new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Schadenfreude thread is over there.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

gently caress

It's going to be ok, Lisa Simpson will rise to power and fix poo poo up.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Inzombiac posted:

gently caress

It's not the President we need but it is the President we deserve.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
Grand Funk Railroad being a play on Grand Trunk Railway/Road. If it wasn't, it should have been. I'm not peeking, I figured this out fair and square. OK, peeking. Yup.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

It just clicked for me that in Forest Gump, Bubba got his nickname because that's how you'd say his initials: Benjamin Buford Blue.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I just realized/put two-and-two-together that the errors I get posting through Awful (pages not loading, images breaking left and right) are coming from my home WiFi. Works perfectly on my computer, works on my phone in other WiFi networks, but home WiFi+Awful=Glitching.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

MisterBibs posted:

I just realized/put two-and-two-together that the errors I get posting through Awful (pages not loading, images breaking left and right) are coming from my home WiFi. Works perfectly on my computer, works on my phone in other WiFi networks, but home WiFi+Awful=Glitching.

At first I was going to say "this makes no sense and you're dumb as a brick" but then I realized who the poster was and now I post this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx-Q9ZzLbPM

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Powaqoatse posted:

At first I was going to say "this makes no sense and you're dumb as a brick" but then I realized who the poster was and now I post this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx-Q9ZzLbPM

I know it doesn't make much sense, but I've been kinda trying to pin down the circumstances of the error for a while now. I know I won't be able to fix it and it's likely isolated to me, but it's good to at least understand it. :unsmith:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

MisterBibs posted:

They're watching you, and your traffic. Stay safe, hotdog almost-ghost.

BDSM-IV
Sep 22, 2016
Batteries not included.
I just noticed that Come On Eileen is by a British band. I never actually paid attention to what band it was and somehow never noticed the English accents until now.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Near-Earth oceloid posted:

I just noticed that Come On Eileen is by a British band. I never actually paid attention to what band it was and somehow never noticed the English accents until now.

My SYCBYJFO moment for them was that they weren't Australian and that lyric means exactly what you think it does.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The jeep logo is very clearly the front of a jeep. It is NOT the word "jeep" set atop an ionic pillar.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

The jeep logo is very clearly the front of a jeep. It is NOT the word "jeep" set atop an ionic pillar.

Well now I can't unsee that.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's clearly an Ionic column.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Less 'figured out' than 'learned', but I had no idea that Luxembourgish was a language.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Well, it essentially is a German dialect (there is virtually no difference between the dialects on both sides of the border, except maybe that there's more French loanwords in Luxembourg I guess?), but as the saying goes: “a language is a dialect with an army and a navy“, so there's that :v:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

packetmantis posted:

Well now I can't unsee that.

Yep. Now all I see is a column.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Thanks a lot Jutter, you ruined the Jeep logo for all of us!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Less 'figured out' than 'learned', but I had no idea that Luxembourgish was a language.

It is, and it is in better shape than you might think. I feel like adopting the German standard language would have been the wiser move regardless, but they're apparently not too keen on their eastern neighbors for historical reasons.

They've fortunately managed to stave off Frenchification.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's Luxembourgeois, actually

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
But who speaks for the Luxembroletariat?

cyberbug
Sep 30, 2004

The name is Carl Seltz...
insurance inspector.
Also Belgium has a province called Luxembourg right next to the country called Luxembourg which confused the hell out of me while I was driving over there.

Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg!

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
I just see a CPU Heatsink

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

cyberbug posted:

Also Belgium has a province called Luxembourg right next to the country called Luxembourg which confused the hell out of me while I was driving over there.

Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg!

The Walloon part of the country was transferred to Belgium in 1839.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
Within Germany itself there are languages that range from dialects that sound funny to each other but are mutually intelligible to completely incomprehensible. Same for France and Spain.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

hogmartin posted:

"pork must be cooked to leathery cinders to kill trichinosis"

I cook pork to the USDA recommended temperature because pork tapeworms can colonize your brain whereas beef tapeworms can't.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Beachcomber posted:

I cook pork to the USDA recommended temperature because pork tapeworms can colonize your brain whereas beef tapeworms can't.

That's 145 with a 3 minute rest period before you eat it. That's still going to be medium well, not a completely dry, leathery hockey puck

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Remember this stupid parody song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHLvaQV3d04

And remember this Lil' Wayne song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7tOAGY59uQ

They are both based on this song, I had no idea until a month or two ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMigXnXMhQ4

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

God drat I feel old. Because literally nobody who was alive in the late 80s would not know what that song is

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

purple death ray posted:

God drat I feel old. Because literally nobody who was alive in the late 80s would not know what that song is

I guess Beetlejuice is no longer required viewing :smith:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

purple death ray posted:

I was born in 89 and know that song. Shits on my Spotify playlist

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Len posted:

I was born in 89 and know that song. Shits on my Spotify playlist

90 and yeah that's hitting me right in the social security

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Yeah I don't know what rock you've been living under to not know about the banana boat song.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sucrose posted:

Yeah I don't know what rock you've been living under to not know about the banana boat song.

It was never in any video game/anime/super hero movie!
:goonsay:

e: Or GTA.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Sorry everyone, I didn't mean to make you feel old, the chain of events was more:

-Heard Bin Laden song in 2001
-Heard Banana Boat song sometime after, thought oh, that's what that Bin Laden thing was based on
-Heard the Lil Wayne song in 2011 and thought, oh, that samples the Banana Boat song
-Randomly heard the Bin Laden song a month or two ago and thought hey, that's the same as Banana Boat and the Lil Wayne song, what a random assortment of things to be connected, lol

Which is not to discount the theory that I am an idiot, that is probably also true.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Yeah that's less bad

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I still question how old you are if the first time you'd heard that song was 2001.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Len posted:

I still question how old you are if the first time you'd heard that song was 2001.

Psst, people born in 2001 can drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Shellman posted:

Psst, people born in 2001 can drive.

Yes? And?