Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PUBLIC TOILET
Jun 13, 2009

theperminator posted:

What you need is Per Connection Classifiers gimme a sec and try to whip up some rules

:edit: here we go, this will determine which one to load balance to depending on the source port of the client which is random:
Updated: changed per-connection-classifier=src-port:1 to per-connection-classifier=src-port:2 so that it actually does something...
code:
/ip firewall nat
add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat comment="HTTPS/RWW (TCP)" dst-port=443,4125 in-interface=ether1 log=yes protocol=tcp src-address=\
    !192.168.88.0/24 to-addresses=192.168.88.49 per-connection-classifier=src-port:2/0
add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat comment="HTTPS/RWW (TCP)" dst-port=443,4125 in-interface=ether1 log=yes protocol=tcp src-address=\
    !192.168.88.0/24 to-addresses=192.168.88.50 per-connection-classifier=src-port:2/1

I have no idea how "src-port" works in this instance, even after reading over the wiki link. Does it mean TCP source port? Or Ethernet port? I'm confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner Wad
Nov 16, 2003

PUBLIC TOILET posted:

I have no idea how "src-port" works in this instance, even after reading over the wiki link. Does it mean TCP source port? Or Ethernet port? I'm confused.

TCP source port. It is mostly randomly assigned.

PUBLIC TOILET
Jun 13, 2009

Looks like winbox v3.10 is out.

code:
What's new in v3.10:

*) fixed crash on latest Windows developer builds;
*) fixed crash on disconnect;
Can confirm winbox no longer crashes for me when I exit it. :toot:

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
New Newsletter too http://mt.lv/news75

quote:

In this MikroTik newsletter:

- new low cost 2.4GHz cAP lite, $29
- new low cost 5GHz 21dBi CPE DISC Lite5, $48
- new SwOS powered 24-port switch CSS326-24G-2S+RM, $139
- new CRS106-1C-5S with 5 x SFP ports and combo port, $59
- TR-069 changes since 6.38
- dual boot feature
- MUM 2017 schedule

The CRS106 is kind of interesting, wonder what use cases there are for that?

Also the dual-boot feature, can switch between RouterOS and SwOS on new switches, though having used SwOS I'm not sure why you'd subject yourself to that horror willingly.

volkadav
Jan 1, 2008

Guillotine / Gulag 2020
Has anyone seen their mikrotik randomly start dropping connected wireless devices about once a week? I've got a ~3 year old RB951G that seems to start acting "weird" every seven days (like the SSID doesn't show up in the client's list of available networks, or it does, and you try to join but get no IP, etc.). Experimentally I've found that disabling and then re-enabling the wireless interface "fixes" it (for another week) and I could just cron that somehow but ... wtf? Wired connections are always perfectly fine when this happens. Wireless clients are android phones and mac laptops, if that makes any difference.

(I have a weird feeling that maybe I posted about this in confusion before, but I don't have forums search enabled and am too lazy to go dig through the entire thread again. Maybe I just thought about doing so and chronic sleep deprivation is jacking with my memory. Apologies if this is a duplicate.
:frogbon:)

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
I searched for you and couldn't find any posts from you about this problem :)

Not sure what would be causing that, sounds like a software bug though. how long has this been happening?

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
checking in
I set up 2x Mikrotik RBSXTG-5HPacD over about 550 ft PTP. Not much interference in the area in the 5.8Ghz band. I get 32-40MB/s. Yes, mega-bytes not bits. Last check I pushed ~70TB over this connection in 2 ish years with no drops. If I could marry these things I would.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

volkadav posted:

Has anyone seen their mikrotik randomly start dropping connected wireless devices about once a week? I've got a ~3 year old RB951G that seems to start acting "weird" every seven days (like the SSID doesn't show up in the client's list of available networks, or it does, and you try to join but get no IP, etc.). Experimentally I've found that disabling and then re-enabling the wireless interface "fixes" it (for another week) and I could just cron that somehow but ... wtf? Wired connections are always perfectly fine when this happens. Wireless clients are android phones and mac laptops, if that makes any difference.

(I have a weird feeling that maybe I posted about this in confusion before, but I don't have forums search enabled and am too lazy to go dig through the entire thread again. Maybe I just thought about doing so and chronic sleep deprivation is jacking with my memory. Apologies if this is a duplicate.
:frogbon:)

Not happened to my 951 but this could be either congestion in your area or a blown wifi amp/chipset. I'd personally try a different wifi AP for a bit and see what happens. Depending on that either get a new 951/whatever or get something with 5Ghz/AC radios. I got the Mikrotik RB911G-5HPacD-NB which is a 5Ghz A/N/AC only AP and just slapped a couple normal antennas on it and stuck it to my wall. Im sure it could serve like 100 clients but it has been rock solid for 2+ years. No reboots necessary, and performance that is fantastic. A few Intel Wifi AC chipsets don't have good speeds with this unit for whatever reason. Thats about the only downside for that unit I can tell.

jaxercracks
Oct 12, 2012
Anyone have any experience with the wAP ac? I am thinking about upgrading my wireless network to 802.11ac and am considering it. Currently I have the previous generation Unifi UAP-Pro connected to a Mikrotik hEX router. Using one AP for a three story house and get good connectivity but just realized that all my devices except one are 802.11ac capable.

The other option is obviously to just get one of the Unifi 802.11ac units. Also thinking that I will need to get more AP's if I really want to get max speed ac.

Interested in opinions. Thanks much.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I really can't work out why they are still making new single-band wireless n devices.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

quote:

The cAP lite supports 802.11b/g/n 300Mb/s two
chain wireless and can be powered by power
over 100Mb/s ethernet

Hmmmmm

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Thanks Ants posted:

I really can't work out why they are still making new single-band wireless n devices.

Tell me about it, I saw that new AP and was pretty interested until I saw "2.4Ghz"

2.4Ghz is so overcrowded and lovely I can't believe anyone would find it actually useful.

Classic Mikrotik, they probably got that figure from running the bandwidth test tool without involving ethernet at all...

theperminator fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 25, 2017

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the cap is for people who have only 20 dollars and don't have to worry about things like 2.4ghz over crowding

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the cap is for people who have only 20 dollars and don't have to worry about things like 2.4ghz over crowding

Probably makes sense in rural Latvia I guess.

volkadav
Jan 1, 2008

Guillotine / Gulag 2020
It's been happening for about four months. I'm on the bugfix release stream and try to keep things pretty well updated. As it happens, "about four months" is roughly as long as we've been living in our current apartment. There are so many APs in range here that the network selection list on OSX scrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolls. :v: So I'm betting "congestion" is the right answer for lack of anything else to go on. We're supposed to be closing on a house in a semi-rural area next month, so hopefully that'll be a bit less of an issue. Thanks for the responses, folks. :)

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

unknown posted:

Export netflow to an analyzer box (like ntopng).

http://www.ntop.org/ntopng/how-to-analyse-mikrotik-traffic-using-ntopng/

nprobe lifetime license is like $200 iirc.

PRTG Network monitor does this too. It's free up to 100 sensors.

I got an annoying one going lately. I work for a TV station operator that's all Mikrotik. Getting a weird drop on l2tp vpn over ipsec when the user is on a LTE card or hotspot. I turned the ipsec logging on and I swear something on verizon's side is interfering with the dead peer detection, You can ping-t over it and it stays connected, let it sit and after an indeterminate amount of time the router flushes the SA's.

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 8, 2017

PUBLIC TOILET
Jun 13, 2009

Farking Bastage posted:

PRTG Network monitor does this too. It's free up to 100 sensors.

I got an annoying one going lately. I work for a TV station operator that's all Mikrotik. Getting a weird drop on l2tp vpn over ipsec when the user is on a LTE card or hotspot. I turned the ipsec logging on and I swear something on verizon's side is interfering with the dead peer detection, You can ping-t over it and it stays connected, let it sit and after an indeterminate amount of time the router flushes the SA's.

Thanks, I actually didn't know about the non-profit exception for ntop (apparently you can obtain free licenses?) I've e-mailed them to request more information about this. Not sure what the rules/requirements are.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

Farking Bastage posted:

Telcos time out the the tcp/udp/whatever nat mappings fairly aggressively.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

We got some of the new passively cooled CCR1009's in

That heat sink is a little... gaudy

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
Crossposting from the Cisco thread:

quote:

We have issues with our ASA. When we manually clear phase 1 of a VPN to a microtik, the ASA side establishes a new phase1/phase2 but the microtik side doesn't. It still sees the old SA as active until it's manually cleared. The ASA carries other VPN's and re-establishes when cleared no problem.

To add to this, the colo has suggested we enable tunnel monitoring for each subnet, however I can only provide one pingable IP that we can rely on - they said that would mean only that phase 2 SA would re-negotiate. That makes no loving sense to me since this is a phase 1 issue.

Anyone know a quick fix to this problem? We have a few different ASAs that have this problem with this colo's virtual microtiks.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Sepist posted:

To add to this, the colo has suggested we enable tunnel monitoring for each subnet, however I can only provide one pingable IP that we can rely on - they said that would mean only that phase 2 SA would re-negotiate. That makes no loving sense to me since this is a phase 1 issue.

Anyone know a quick fix to this problem? We have a few different ASAs that have this problem with this colo's virtual microtiks.

Try setting the 'Level' to Unique in Policies on the MTik.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k

Prescription Combs posted:

Try setting the 'Level' to Unique in Policies on the MTik.

I kicked it off to them. If it works - thanks!

Edit: already set to unique

Sepist fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Feb 24, 2017

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

You'll need to find the SW version they're running/get them up to date. IPsec gets updated fairly often with bug fixes.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Sepist posted:

code:
:if ([/ping <endpoint_of_tunnel> src-address=<your_end_of_tunnel> interval=3 count=5]=0) do={
     /ip ipsec installed-sa flush
     :log info "Flush IPsec"
}
We just gave up on ASA's being lovely and have a script to flush the SA's and reconnect the tunnel when it dies.

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 24, 2017

zennik
Jun 9, 2002

I've recently stumbled across a fun little bug(well, re-stumbled. I encountered it years ago, forgot about it, and it just resurfaced) and thought I'd share it in case anyone runs into it:

When dealing with a ton of 'objects' on a MikroTik router, especially MIPSBE ones. It sometimes gets 'stuck' and will claim certain objects are invalid. In this particular case, out of 120 VLANs, I had 10 'fail' and stop working. Interfaces looked normal but the IPs would always be red. Removing/re-adding wouldn't resolve it. Nor would reboots.

Disabling ALL of the VLAN interfaces except the management VLAN and re-enabling them, however, did. All at once, though, not individually.

Quite odd, and frustrating to troubleshoot.

If anyone runs into that problem, there's how you fix it.

Boner Wad
Nov 16, 2003
I'm trying to redirect traffic from an external IP address to an internal one. I tried using the following:

code:
ip firewall nat 
print
0 chain=dstnat action=dst-nat to-addresses=10.2.0.51 to-ports=8080 protocol=tcp dst-address=69.69.69.69 dst-port=6969
The to-address gets the packet but the packet returns to the client from 10.2.0.51 instead of 69.69.69.69. How do I get the return traffic sourced from 69.69.69.69?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

zennik posted:

I've recently stumbled across a fun little bug(well, re-stumbled. I encountered it years ago, forgot about it, and it just resurfaced) and thought I'd share it in case anyone runs into it:

When dealing with a ton of 'objects' on a MikroTik router, especially MIPSBE ones. It sometimes gets 'stuck' and will claim certain objects are invalid. In this particular case, out of 120 VLANs, I had 10 'fail' and stop working. Interfaces looked normal but the IPs would always be red. Removing/re-adding wouldn't resolve it. Nor would reboots.

Disabling ALL of the VLAN interfaces except the management VLAN and re-enabling them, however, did. All at once, though, not individually.

Quite odd, and frustrating to troubleshoot.

If anyone runs into that problem, there's how you fix it.

mikrotik.txt

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Boner Wad posted:

I'm trying to redirect traffic from an external IP address to an internal one. I tried using the following:

code:
ip firewall nat 
print
0 chain=dstnat action=dst-nat to-addresses=10.2.0.51 to-ports=8080 protocol=tcp dst-address=69.69.69.69 dst-port=6969
The to-address gets the packet but the packet returns to the client from 10.2.0.51 instead of 69.69.69.69. How do I get the return traffic sourced from 69.69.69.69?

The behavior you're describing sounds normal for NAT. Is the client on the internal network?

Boner Wad
Nov 16, 2003

thebigcow posted:

The behavior you're describing sounds normal for NAT. Is the client on the internal network?

Yep, essentially I am trying to man in the middle a workstation connecting to a specific destination and redirect it to a different local server. Both the local server and workstation would be internal, the destination is external.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Then you'll also need a src-nat rule, and I'm not really sure how to set this up for you. It sounds similar to https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Hairpin_NAT

If you want 100% of local requests to that destination redirected it is probably easier to do it at your DNS server.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
You need two rules, one in and one out, if you are doing 1:1 NAT translation.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Some of the supply chain issues with Mikrotiks make sense now. The ones we waited for that got held up in customs were probably being implanted with CIA software. :tinfoil:

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
If the CIA and NSA target the same person do both rootkits fit without taking out any of the stock packages?

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I've been tasked with setting up a router than can do 1Gb/s for a 1Gb/s connection with at least a few firewall rules. I haven't gotten into this level of network performance yet. Which model (s) should I be looking at? Any gotchas or tips?

zennik
Jun 9, 2002

redeyes posted:

I've been tasked with setting up a router than can do 1Gb/s for a 1Gb/s connection with at least a few firewall rules. I haven't gotten into this level of network performance yet. Which model (s) should I be looking at? Any gotchas or tips?

a 3011 or an 850GX2 will do this just fine.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
IIRC both of those require that everything you do works with fast path. If you can some up with the scratch look at a Cloud Core Router, I think the entry model was $400 something.

Atreus
Sep 20, 2005
CCRs (get the one based on your port needs) should be able to handle that based on your requirement.

Ubnt Edgerouter or Edgerouter Pro would probably be the competitor in this space/price.

zennik
Jun 9, 2002

thebigcow posted:

IIRC both of those require that everything you do works with fast path. If you can some up with the scratch look at a Cloud Core Router, I think the entry model was $400 something.

I know a 2011 with a direct fiber connection could NAT about ~450 meg before topping out the CPU, on a stock quickset config.

I've routed about 3 gig using a 3011 before, and had similar results with the 850GX2. I'm pretty sure the 3011 can handle 1 GIG NAT, but I'll get one on the bench sometime in the near future and test it.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
I'd be very interested in any tests on the RB3011, I haven't seen anything but MikroTik's numbers.

My point about the CCR is that some features of RouterOS are CPU heavy and people don't realize it. Or they don't understand the layout of the switch chip. This leads to pages and pages of threads on the official forums from people who bought a Routerboard that "should" have handled their connection but they turned on something that made it fall over and now they're complaining in English as a fourth language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ubiquiti have the EdgeRouter Infinity on the way which should have a ton of headroom on for handling 1Gbps