Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Can't have a bad track record if you don't have a track record at all. No one under 18 probably even knows what an FDP is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
As long as Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger is an FDP member, they have at least one good argument for saying they're concerned with civil liberty and human rights.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Can't have a bad track record if you don't have a track record at all. No one under 18 probably even knows what an FDP is

Da wir gerade bei Sachen aus der Vergangeheit sind...

Seit wann sind Milka-Tafel nur noch 87 Gramm anstatt 100 Gramm? :argh:

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Brexit ist schuld.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

:confused:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Randler posted:

Da wir gerade bei Sachen aus der Vergangeheit sind...

Weils Tuc-Milka ist.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

Randler posted:

Nähere Infos hier
http://www.vzhh.de/ernaehrung/30287/die-mogelpackungsliste.aspx
e: oha, ich hab den schokonikolaus jetzt für die tafel gehalten, egal

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GaussianCopula posted:

Weils Tuc-Milka ist.

LU-Kekse, aber das wirds sein.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rrG3SKT3po

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

BabyFur Denny posted:

I think the best the SPD can hope for is to be the Mehrheitenbeschaffer for the CDU/CSU for another four years. Gabriel managed to endanger even that.

IMO the SPD should be a decent opposition rather than go for yet another Groko. Policy-wise nothing changes given that Merkel would be busy staying to the left of the AfD rather than to the right of some aging Sozen anyway.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

BabyFur Denny posted:

Brexit ist schuld.

Du witzelst (oder hast denselben Report über Import gelesen) aber hier drüben auf der Insel ist Schokolade jetzt 15 pence teurer.
Und dabei ist Artikel 50 nicht mal ausgerufen.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

blowfish posted:

IMO the SPD should be a decent opposition rather than go for yet another Groko. Policy-wise nothing changes given that Merkel would be busy staying to the left of the AfD rather than to the right of some aging Sozen anyway.

Most of SPD probably thinks the same. The problem is that there is literally no way to form a government without them. They are stuck between a rock and hard place here.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

The problem is that even if most of the SPD wants to be a starke Opposition, I'm not sure that the Parteispitze isn't entirely happy with being Steigbügelhalter for Mutti as long as they can keep their Diäten

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
*in extremely Karl Jaspers voice* this grand coalition stuff's outta control!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Most of SPD probably thinks the same. The problem is that there is literally no way to form a government without them. They are stuck between a rock and hard place here.

And looking at the frankly ludicrous political contortions necessary to arrive at a SPD-led government we're basically stuck with GroKo until Barbarossa clambers out of the Kyffhäuser to ask what the Scheisse soll or AfD hits the charismatischer Führer and/or terrorism jackpot.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

aphid_licker posted:

And looking at the frankly ludicrous political contortions necessary to arrive at a SPD-led government we're basically stuck with GroKo until Barbarossa clambers out of the Kyffhäuser to ask what the Scheisse soll or AfD hits the charismatischer Führer and/or terrorism jackpot.

Yeah zombie Barbarossa totes, but there are also other possibilities:

- the Union splits up, CSU runs in all Länders and then forms a government with AfD (Blau-Braun/Schlumpfscheisse Koalition)

- we turn into a banana republic lite(like Italy) and just refuse to form any government at all. sic semper tyrannis!

- ALFA swoops in and takes all the AfD voters who still have one or two remaining brain cells left and we get an α-Schwarz-Gelb

- minority government?

- Schwarz-Gelb-Grün lol

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Und Wolfi legt einen Entwurf für eine Lizenzsschranke vor.

Suck it, Brexiters. :smuggo:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yeah zombie Barbarossa totes, but there are also other possibilities:

- the Union splits up, CSU runs in all Länders and then forms a government with AfD (Blau-Braun/Schlumpfscheisse Koalition)

- we turn into a banana republic lite(like Italy) and just refuse to form any government at all. sic semper tyrannis!

- ALFA swoops in and takes all the AfD voters who still have one or two remaining brain cells left and we get an α-Schwarz-Gelb

- minority government?

- Schwarz-Gelb-Grün lol

I can't quite decide if ALFA ever becoming relevant again is more or less likely than zombie Barbarossa. Just fuckin :lol: at Lucke that total dumbass.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Until the Bundeswehr rolls into Luxembourg you will never get your taxes. Luckily it's full of East Germans so they'd probably be up for this.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Isn't the Union splitting up and the CSU running evreywhere pretty loving dumb on their part? Iirc, they don't actually get that many Zweitstimmen, they mostly win the direct mandates.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Who knows if they believe all the suppressed nazi christians elsewhere in germany will suddenly come out and vote for them.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

jBrereton posted:

Until the Bundeswehr rolls into Luxembourg you will never get your taxes. Luckily it's full of East Germans so they'd probably be up for this.

I don't think Luxembourg comes into the picture in this regard.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Randler posted:

I don't think Luxembourg comes into the picture in this regard.

Ersma einmarschieren, Details klären wir später

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Proposal for an EU initiative on restrictions on payments in cash
... is this the result of The Personified EU going, "ah screw it, I don't even like my existence anymore, I'll just piss them alllll off enough now"? I mean, it's a good idea, but it's also a terrible idea.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

aphid_licker posted:

same

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

aphid_licker posted:

Denkste denn unsere Jungs werden mit den Luxemburgern Milizen überhaupt fertig?

Mal ernsthaft, wie stehen die Chancen, dass Schäubles Gesetz auch wirklich Biss hat?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Dommolus Magnus posted:

Mal ernsthaft, wie stehen die Chancen, dass Schäubles Gesetz auch wirklich Biss hat?

Ganz gut denke ich. Oder bist Du der Meinung, dass die Zinsschranke (funktionell das gleiche nur für Zinsen anstatt Lizenzzahlungen) nicht genug Biss hatte?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Geniesse, Deutschland-Faden. :yayclod:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Mithaldu posted:

hngggrrrrrrrrrrrrr :ssj:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Mmmh, würziges Mem.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Mithaldu posted:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

:golfclap:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ich hab auch schonmal erwogen, mit einem Schild zur Demo zu gehen, auf dem ICH BIN DER VOLKER steht.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
War eigentlich ganz lustig beim Bund, sagten Kumpels, die dabei waren immer. Ist nicht so schlimm, wie man immer hört, Kameradschaft und so!

To not be like some of the other scum in here: yes, this is probably not representative of the Bund as a whole, most of them are just useless drunkards for 9 months who can later brag about how much learning about discipline helped form their personality. But normal Wehrdienstpflichtige from when that still was common practice never were taken into the ELITE levels, eh?

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

botany posted:

As long as Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger is an FDP member, they have at least one good argument for saying they're concerned with civil liberty and human rights.

Schnarri deserves to be president of Germany I am 100% serious. There's hardly a politician who ever stayed so true to her principles during years of pretty much everyone with money throwing poo poo at her.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Simply Simon posted:

War eigentlich ganz lustig beim Bund, sagten Kumpels, die dabei waren immer. Ist nicht so schlimm, wie man immer hört, Kameradschaft und so!

To not be like some of the other scum in here: yes, this is probably not representative of the Bund as a whole, most of them are just useless drunkards for 9 months who can later brag about how much learning about discipline helped form their personality. But normal Wehrdienstpflichtige from when that still was common practice never were taken into the ELITE levels, eh?
Honestly, i kinda want to give an answer, but i can't really tell what you're asking.

For what it's worth, as a chairforce dude back in 2001 the Bundeswehrdienst was hauptsächlich geprägt by totale Langeweile.

Such poo poo as in the article is not uncommon in the military in general though. I know a us marine who had similar stories about one of their training bases. It's usually confined to a single base, as it's caused by the command structure within that base being broken, but it can be hard to find since Alarmschlagen bedeutet effectively the end of a military career.

E: http://taskandpurpose.com/marine-corps-says-abuse-recruits-didnt-stop-recruit-died/

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 27, 2017

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Simply Simon posted:

I did my whole nine months, but with the Panzergrenadiere, so in the "Kämpfende Truppe" as it's called. My buddy who went to the Sanitäter told me that it was indeed mainly boring as Mithaldu said, sitting around and filling out forms etc. In my unit we basically went out into the woods and played "defend against the Soviet Union". That was not too boring, depending on what we did. Lying in ambush is poo poo, driving around in the Schützenpanzer is cool.

And we never had anything like this. Most of our Unteroffiziere had done tours in Afghanistan, so it wasn't as if they were just some Sesselpupser in uniform. We got drunk sometimes, but after 8-10 hours running through the woods you were mostly a bit to fatigued to into too much trouble. And we had no dumb rituals whatsoever. Of course, we were an all male troop, so there were no opportunities to do dumb poo poo with the female recruits. I met some guys who also did their Grundwehrdienst at the University, and they never mentioned anything like this either. I'm reasonably sure that this behavior is the exception instead of the rule.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Simply Simon posted:

Doing stupid poo poo like tying people up or harassing them in other silly ways is (was) definitely common. Normally in the evenings when people got really bored on base after work. Sticking tampons up their arses though :stare:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

elbkaida posted:

Doing stupid poo poo like tying people up or harassing them in other silly ways is (was) definitely common. Normally in the evenings when people got really bored on base after work. Sticking tampons up their arses though :stare:

I doubt tying each other to chairs naked followed by hosing down is all that common. Most recruits know how showers work. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mithaldu posted:

I doubt tying each other to chairs naked followed by hosing down is all that common. Most recruits know how showers work. :v:

Yeah, but even we (the nicest and cleanest soldiers you can imagine) had two hardcases who had to be bodilly thrown into the showers to finally wrap their head around their intricate mechanics. :v: