Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RC Cola posted:

How is gravity rush 2?

Slow start but very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

RichterIX posted:

I disagree about the changes in Uncharted 4 and I also think Bloodborne plays like a Souls game

This is how you know you were playing Bloodborne wrong.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

This is how you know you were playing Bloodborne wrong.

Fair enough, I definitely never beat it! I did love what I played of it though, and doing a weird dance and pretending there's no relation at all gameplay-wise between it and the Souls games seems kind of weird to me

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The relation between Souls and Bloodborne is about the same as was relation between Resident Evil 2 and the original Dino Crisis. I wouldn't call Dino Crisis a Resident Evil game but it would be foolish to ignore the fact that one was built off the other and share mechanics.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So my copy of Yakuza 0 was delivered today, apparently. The only package I got from Amazon was a copy of Highlander 2: The Quickening which I haven't ordered and the game is now out of stock on their website. loving what?

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 24, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Owned

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

thebardyspoon posted:

So my copy of Yakuza 0 was delivered today, apparently. The only package I got from Amazon was a copy of Highlander 2: The Quickening which I haven't ordered and the game is now out of stock on their website. loving what?

You can't get two deliveries per day. There can only be one.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

RichterIX posted:

Fair enough, I definitely never beat it! I did love what I played of it though, and doing a weird dance and pretending there's no relation at all gameplay-wise between it and the Souls games seems kind of weird to me

It's not that they're not related, there are similar elements, but how they're handled and the way the game encourages you to engage with them are entirely different.

It's like comparing a street fighter game to something like guilty gear or blazblue. There are similar elements at play but one encourages and rewards aggression, speed, and mobility far more than the other.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I go back and forth between the PS3 and PS4 and the DS3 gets so much more life it's not even funny. I leave the DS4 plugged in permanently now.
Yeah I can leave my DS3 off the charger for weeks, and get many hours of playtime when I do use it. I got one of the stands for my PSVR that has a built-in charger so charging the DS4 isn't an issue unless I'm doing a marathon session, and then I also have a Scuf I can switch to if the DS4 dies.

Still kinda sucks, though.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Wow. I wanna say you got had. Enjoy your Zeist Adventures while the cool kids punch dudes with kazzy-chan and majima.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Lobok posted:

Thank you for making me laugh I guess.

Fucks sake this is really annoying though. I have to send it back to get the money in like 7 days (less if I get an amazon gift card) and then maybe manage to get it from a reseller for more than it would have cost new. Or GAME if they have it in.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Anybody know of somewhere that has any sort of discount on digital RE7 codes? I could just get it off Amazon for a discount since I have Prime, but for some reason they have digital versions of every platform except PS4 :shrug: I'd rather not get a physical copy if I don't have to.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's not that they're not related, there are similar elements, but how they're handled and the way the game encourages you to engage with them are entirely different.

It's like comparing a street fighter game to something like guilty gear or blazblue. There are similar elements at play but one encourages and rewards aggression, speed, and mobility far more than the other.

I would honestly call BB a souls game through and through- it's has the same director and game engine for God's sake.

Not only that because it obviously builds from the previous three games branches off on its own thing, with the rally mechanic, focus on evasion and so forth as you mentioned. It's the fact that DS3 takes lessons from BB as well and injects it back into the main series- gives the gameplay that nice progression from one game to the next and helps keep things fresh.

There's not really a good comparison for what BB is. Not quite a sequel, not quite a competitor- it's not made to ever compete with the DS series like your analogy with the fighting games.

Like a weird game bastard stepchild.

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 24, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just got a For Honor closed beta email invite fyi. No extra codes this time.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

SettingSun posted:

The relation between Souls and Bloodborne is about the same as was relation between Resident Evil 2 and the original Dino Crisis. I wouldn't call Dino Crisis a Resident Evil game but it would be foolish to ignore the fact that one was built off the other and share mechanics.

This is a good way of putting it. I think it comes down to that the type of game that Dark Souls and Bloodborne are is becoming its own genre, but a lot of people have yet to think of it like that so you see a lot of "oh that's like Dark Souls, clearly it's the same thing/a copycat."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

So my copy of Yakuza 0 was delivered today, apparently.

Mine is being dispatched. Hope I don't get Highlander 😳

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Report back on the netcode. The last one was supposedly terrible.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

RC Cola posted:

How is gravity rush 2?

try the demo. it seems to me like a super dated ps2 era style collect poo poo and button mash through fights with a bit of a movement gimmick. i dont get the appeal

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cubicle gangster posted:

try the demo. it seems to me like a super dated ps2 era style collect poo poo and button mash through fights with a bit of a movement gimmick. i dont get the appeal

Nah its an open world hero game like saints row or infamous but with an anime girl snd its very fun once you get past the opening.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Ramagamma posted:

If you still regularly play videogames that dazzle you with new mechanics and gameplay elements then I am quite jealous because most big budget games are refinements on decades of past work.

It's because I mostly play indie games nowadays.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

I hope you get, like, Time Cop or something.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

cubicle gangster posted:

I'm really curious how you interpreted that game as a collectathon. Nothing from either the first game nor the demo indicates that at all.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Your UPS delivery guy:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

I'm really curious how you interpreted that game as a collectathon. Nothing from either the first game nor the demo indicates that at all.

I guess you collect gems as you fly around??? But having a currency you find in the world doesn't make a game a collectathon

The gravity rush games are the best flying superhero games I've ever played

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Regy Rusty posted:

The gravity rush games are the best flying superhero games I've ever played

Because you can (obviously) feel gravity and gravity is a danger. It's why flying around as Superman in a game will never feel as fun as something like getting huge air in jumps or webswinging or flying a plane.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

RC Cola posted:

How is gravity rush 2?

If you liked Gravity Rush it's exactly more of the same.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

thebardyspoon posted:

I hope you get, like, Time Cop or something.

Wow... hosed up :prepop:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I got Yakuza today and went to install and boot it up. The hard drive started making noise like crazy on my Pro. I have no idea if i can just hear it more noticeably because it's on the table right in front of me, but it's really weird. No other game I have on disc has done this. I assume it's because of all the movie data it needs to display? The game seems to work fine, otherwise.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

thebardyspoon posted:

Oh my god that's a huge kick in the pants

Highlander 2 is awful :lol:

Lobok posted:

loving lmaoo

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Aw man I really wanna play For Honor. I signed up for the beta forever ago but nothing yet in my emails... :(

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh my god that's a huge kick in the pants

Highlander 2 is awful :lol:

loving lmaoo

It was my loving birthday present to myself as well is the cherry on top. I get a lot of joy from stuff going to poo poo so I am kinda cracking up about it myself. Still was looking forward to beating up some Yakuza goons tonight though and hope the price of the game doesn't go up too much while I do the Amazon return bullshit.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I like how that guy got piled on for suggesting Bloodborne is similar to the Souls games. People have such thin skin about that series around here.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
It is one, though.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

Thank you for making me laugh I guess.

Fucks sake this is really annoying though. I have to send it back to get the money in like 7 days (less if I get an amazon gift card) and then maybe manage to get it from a reseller for more than it would have cost new. Or GAME if they have it in.

It's in stock on Amazon, at least in USA.

e: oh I guess from GAME that you're in the UK, sorry.

suuma fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 24, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

happy birthday bardyspoon

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I just beat rush hour traffic to get home because I saw that my order from Amazon had been delivered but I've got some weird loving Japanese mafioso game instead of this really cool movie I ordered, what the gently caress?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Electromax posted:

I like how that guy got piled on for suggesting Bloodborne is similar to the Souls games. People have such thin skin about that series around here.

It all started because I said Uncharted is the best exclusive on the PS4 because it is more accessible to a general audience. I didn't even say BB was a bad game. I said they were the two best games, but one was better because more people would like it. Souls fans are very strange and protective.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Electromax posted:

They said it was the same game which is factually incorrect.

Sorry if pointing out people being wrong gets to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
This is cool. I put the RE7 disc in my OG PS4 and the console now sounds like a prop plane. It's vibrating harder than ever before and the disc isn't even doing anything; it's all installed, it's just making a racket even when the disc aught to be idle.