Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Bud K ninja sword posted:

not as bad as nazis but still bad. too much us/them groupthink and not enough criticalthink

nah if i feel a strong enough emotional attachment to a cause or political position, it actually can't be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Shut up about politics and start telling nazis who post on something awful to gently caress off.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
nazi bois suck my dick

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Secular Humanist posted:

nazi bois suck my dick

that was strangely "come hithery" and not enough :fuckoff: power you can totally do way better

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Crash_N_Burn posted:

I'd be sorry too if I was like the tenth most ignored person on these forums and also trying to downplay my relationship with a pedo so infamous he has his own saclopedia entry

Drilldo isn't Deadtear.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

nazi goons lets talk this out

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hakimashou posted:

IRL nazis are scum and America saved the world from them and you're welcome.

In that Man In The High Castle show the nazi half of america is way better than the japanese half though

arguably the communists saved us

ArbitraryC posted:

Where are all the nazis coming from anyways? It seems like there's a pretty clear rise in nazi-esque ideologies in most western countries at the moment. Maybe we should do something about whatever is driving this trend.

the liberal left has no good cohesive strategy or vision bc they are a bunch of corporatists too; full of contradictions like supporting LGBT on one hand and gleefully jerking off the Saudis with the other. Dealing with obvious problems with massive influxes of refugees by squabbling and pretending like issues don't exist when they arise. This causes every day people to vote Trump or Bernie or La Penn or for Brexit etc.

The Nazis and supremacists were always there, they just feel empowered to speak more often in public now bc they think they are getting some political action thus we must bash them.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Crash_N_Burn posted:

I'd be sorry too if I was like the tenth most ignored person on these forums and also trying to downplay my relationship with a pedo so infamous he has his own saclopedia entry

Wait! What?

This thread just got interesting.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

This causes every day people to vote Trump or Bernie or La Penn or for Brexit etc.

One of these things is not like the others

Also it's worth saying that the goals of your average liberal is very different from what those in power are working towards. The TPP is one good example.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

One of these things is not like the others

Also it's worth saying that the goals of your average liberal is very different from what those in power are working towards. The TPP is one good example.

They are all getting huge boosts from populist movements aren't they?

And yeah that's what I'm saying really; the left liberal parties in the West don't really represent leftist views anymore.

e: drat I butchered her name lol "Le Pen"
ee: "the pen"

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

They are all getting huge boosts from populist movements aren't they?

And yeah that's what I'm saying really; the left liberal parties in the West don't really represent leftist views anymore.

e: drat I butchered her name lol "Le Pen"
ee: "the pen"

Well yes, but the platform of Bernie is one progressives in the U.S. have been trying to move towards since the late 1800s. A government serving the people's interests is not exactly a fad idea.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't say it was a fad idea though? Just that populism is def enjoying a resurgence in voting power right now and it is kind of foolish to discount it and that's probably exactly the mistake entrenched Democrats are making.

People are loving pissed yo, they are working harder than ever and see poo poo collapsing around them while billionaire princelords are building gently caress off mega yachts and they want answers. If the "left" parties are going to continue panicking about the symptom of the problem (which is people like Trump) and ignoring the cause we're not going to get anywhere.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Psycho Society posted:

Well yes, but the platform of Bernie is one progressives in the U.S. have been trying to move towards since the late 1800s. A government serving the people's interests is not exactly a fad idea.

:chillpill: its ok, bigmouth mordin and I are both berniethread vets, totally feel you homes, but we are in crazyland now.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

I didn't say it was a fad idea though? Just that populism is def enjoying a resurgence in voting power right now and it is kind of foolish to discount it and that's probably exactly the mistake entrenched Democrats are making.

People are loving pissed yo, they are working harder than ever and see poo poo collapsing around them while billionaire princelords are building gently caress off mega yachts and they want answers. If the "left" parties are going to continue panicking about the symptom of the problem (which is people like Trump) and ignoring the cause we're not going to get anywhere.

I'm not convinced people with this sentiment are the ones who elected a self-proclaimed billionaire princelord into office though. There are some kinda apolitical types that would have either voted for Bernie or Trump against Hillary (like my own father in fact) but I doubt that's common.

Definitely nazis gently caress off though

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
*ralpishly moves this thread to d&d*

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

drilldo squirt posted:

Nazis should be deported to Israel.

All of them at the same time with guns

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

I'm not convinced people with this sentiment are the ones who elected a self-proclaimed billionaire princelord into office though. There are some kinda apolitical types that would have either voted for Bernie or Trump against Hillary (like my own father in fact) but I doubt that's common.

Definitely nazis gently caress off though

Well, I'm talking more broadly about the situation in the USA and in Europe (Brexit, Le Pen, etc.) but you're right in that they didn't necessarily vote for Trump. The issue is more that most of them just didn't vote. Both USA candidates got a miserable turn out. Trump got less votes than Romney ffs, there isn't some huge consensus behind him. It's just that Democrats didn't go vote for Hillary.

I'm pretty certain that a large part of the voter turnout problem is simply because people don't feel like they have anyone to vote for and both parties do the same poo poo anyway in the end so screw 'em.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

ditty bout my clitty posted:

All of them at the same time with guns

Only if they give the guns to jews who then shoot them.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i feel like israel already has enough genocidal fascists

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Yes but it will give the Palestinians breathing room while all the nazis bleed to death from groin wounds. Also dead nazis.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

drilldo squirt posted:

Yes but it will give the Palestinians breathing room

don't hold your breath, israel just announced a huge settlement expansion today lol

"back to normal" said the memo iirc

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
they were more or less allied with south africa and were giving those people nuke secrets before the regime fell.

im pretty sure if you teleported some nazis into israel theyd just press them into service to "repay their debt" or whatever. maybe theyd shoot a couple of their bosses i guess. maybe

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Drilldo isn't Deadtear.

He definitely is

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Why are you so worked up about this friend?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

drilldo squirt posted:

Only if they give the guns to jews who then shoot them.

I don't see why. Israelis kill way more people these days than inbred nazis, and if the nazis win and take over israel palestine will finally be recognized as a state by your government of retards

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Harming nazis in any way you are able is a moral imperative.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Jews had it bad during ww2 so they must be allowed to kill all the filthy muslims they can get their hands on.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Also I'm starting to regret making a joke with the word Israel in it.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Jews had it bad during ww2 so they must be allowed to kill all the filthy muslims they can get their hands on.

Ok.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

drilldo squirt posted:

Also I'm starting to regret making a joke with the word Israel in it.

No, that was a good one. "Moral imperative" was good too.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
So, yeah, anyway, nazis should gently caress off.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
"Alt right" is the new trotskyism

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

VikingSkull posted:

Communism killed more people than the Nazis, OP

Yeah, but Communism killed more Nazis than Nazis.

Although it's a close thing dohohoho

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
speaking of nazis and dnd, do the israel haters who support palestinian terrorism count as nazis because they are anti semites?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Shut the gently caress up about israel.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

CNF do you actually have coherent opinions on things or is it just a cycle of truckloads of chinese-room esque hyperbole turning over in your head every minute.

Like how do you arrive at 'ideologically driven liberals are bad' while being a communist, lol

Believe it or not CNF pretty much predicted the entire election months in advance, it was pretty impressive.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Commie NedFlanders sucks too

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

The nazis should gently caress off, I agree.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Psycho Society posted:

I'm not convinced people with this sentiment are the ones who elected a self-proclaimed billionaire princelord into office though.

No really? Next you'll tell me that Hitler's rise to power had nothing to do with his unmasking of the jewish conspiracy, and was in fact related to the social & economic failure of the weimar republic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Shou please stop making bad posts, I'm begging you, guy.

• Locked thread