Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/822657854100357124

LBJ rips Cavaliers roster:
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron-james-rips-his-cleveland-cavaliers-roster-we-top-heavy-as-s-164538093.html

CLE needs elite defense badly. Their title hopes are fading quickly if they don't figure it out soon. Now that LBJ is getting older he's pointing fingers and playing the blame game.

NBA players make a mockery of their new suffrage. -Steve Kerr
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/warriors-steve-kerr-nba-players-made-a-mockery-of-their-all-star-vote-174535391.html

R.D. Mangles posted:

tfw when you bug assistant coaches' offices

:discourse:

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Who gave Skip an account

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/824021201311989760

That's quite the line-up

PurpleJesus
Feb 27, 2008

We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you gotta keep moving.
I got a superstar, 2 stars and 2 role players while signing enough veterans to keep Adam Silver out of my hair. Call me, awful NBA teams!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Bucks played a solid defensive game last night. Rockets closed in several times but never managed to build a lead. Drafting all those super wingspan guys is going to pay off shortly.

Their shooting was nuts 58/47/80.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 25, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Time posted:

Kibner was a true believer all along and will be richly rewarded in the afterlife of ball

Let's also give a shoutout to brilliant GM Doc Rivers for locking him up on the cheap

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Just wanna say the Celtics-Wizards rivalry is pretty awesome from the perspective of someone who really doesn't have a stake in either team. I will be watching.

Good job NBA you made your regular season really interesting for me :)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wonder how the NBA will try to top this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Wonder how the NBA will try to top this

A Dion dagger 3

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

All Gortat interviews with the Polish media are golden. I can't believe I never saw this after Celtics/Wizards Round 1.

https://twitter.com/TheLittleGuy4/status/823932582274289664

The Trashman giveth, the Trashman talketh away. Blessed be the name of the Trashman.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

TBeats posted:

Just wanna say the Celtics-Wizards rivalry is pretty awesome from the perspective of someone who really doesn't have a stake in either team. I will be watching.

Good job NBA you made your regular season really interesting for me :)

It's good the league might be starting to get real rivalries again. I wish tonight's game was nationally televised.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Spacebump posted:

It's good the league might be starting to get real rivalries again. I wish tonight's game was nationally televised.

I live in VA so I'm lucky enough to have CSN-Mid Atlantic and I get to watch.

George Morteschahqhwenns (the really tall guy who played for the Bullets way back when) is doing an interview and it's not going well because of the language barrier.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
There is nothing better in the world than foreign-born players talking insane poo poo to their home country media.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

When there's a gang calling themselves the Wizards and they have a floppy cartoon mascot, you know they have nothing to prove and will gently caress people up at the drop of a pointy wizard hat :mrapig:

chunkles fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 25, 2017

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
You always take an Eastern European over any American player in a hypothetical NBA fight. It's the Mirza Teletovic rule.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I'm worried about Kawhi's hands, he seems to hurt them a lot.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

chunkles posted:

Bucks played a solid defensive game last night. Rockets closed in several times but never managed to build a lead. Drafting all those super wingspan guys is going to pay off shortly.

Their shooting was nuts 58/47/80.

I was wondering how the Bucks have such a mediocre record this year watching that game. Giannis looks close to being unstoppable, Parker looks like he could be really good too, they have some guys who can shoot 3s, and their length takes away passing lanes/allows for recovery blocks even if they get out of position on defense.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/smithraps/status/824045492229148673

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

considering he's in a saloon, he should just pull out his trusty six shooter and kill the local bad guy, thus earning the respect of the town and the right to change the tv channel.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Smdh chunkles you earn respect from the saloon by doing a spit trick shot into the bucket

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I should call every "saloon" in Memphis telling them that this Doug Smith character is actually a huge Spurs fan.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Blind Pineapple posted:

I was wondering how the Bucks have such a mediocre record this year watching that game. Giannis looks close to being unstoppable, Parker looks like he could be really good too, they have some guys who can shoot 3s, and their length takes away passing lanes/allows for recovery blocks even if they get out of position on defense.

Bucks are my favorite team to watch this year hands down. I'm all on the bandwagon. They seem to run extremely hot or cold though (maybe to explain their record). They are either stealing everything and shooting lights out or just stalling out and letting teams back in. Really streaky but when hot they are absolutely insane.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
The Bucks for most of the year have started Delly, Tony Snell and Henson who are all shades of backup and or mediocre.

Monroe has been sneakily good this year though.

Also Kidd runs an antiquated defensive system. Also loves hero iso ball in the fourth and Giannis isn't quite there yet.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

They could use a point guard. Maybe rescue Nate Wolters from Serbia or toss a contract at somebody.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

chunkles posted:

They could use a point guard. Maybe rescue Nate Wolters from Serbia or toss a contract at somebody.

Brogdan is a good player. Middleton returning and Plumlee not being a pumpkin would help immensely.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Mostly the Bucks are young. Young players usually won't be very good defensively, and they tend to get flustered easier. They are sorta like Timberwolves East(ish). Really a few seasons and a some depth and they'll be a solid team.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Libertine posted:

You always take an Eastern European over any American player in a hypothetical NBA fight. It's the Mirza Teletovic rule.

Actually, it goes all the way back to Sarunas Marciulionis. Those guys have seen some poo poo and they fear nothing.

Marciulionis originally played tennis, but had to switch to basketball at 13 after he blew up homemade explosives and spent a month in a Soviet hospital. He stood in bread lines and suffered grinding poverty in a way that Americans just can't understand. Crap like that will toughen you up.

predicto fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 25, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Hand Row posted:

Brogdan is a good player. Middleton returning and Plumlee not being a pumpkin would help immensely.

Malcolm Brogdon fills the important NBA role of looking like a 40 year old even though he's 24. This is key now that Steve Novak is actually old and doesn't just look old. I was also pleased to learn that they call him "The President."

EC basketball is actually pretty good right now. I'm happy that some of those teams have escaped from the mire and/or have fun young prospects to watch.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The Duggler posted:

Raps don't start until 7

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

dion waiters buried the warriors last night i still can't believe it

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

predicto posted:

Actually, it goes all the way back to Sarunas Marciulionis. Those guys have seen some poo poo and they fear nothing.

Marciulionis originally played tennis, but had to switch to basketball at 13 after he blew up homemade explosives and spent a month in a Soviet hospital. He stood in bread lines and suffered grinding poverty in a way that (most white) Americans just can't understand. Crap like that will toughen you up.

take that poo poo out the hood when you go up on a pulpit please

edit

inx posted:

The Shookening- II

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Libertine posted:

I'm taking Ron Artest over anyone in the league. sorry warzone euros

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Mr. Mambold posted:

The Shookening- II

yet another game winner on klay thompson

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Why does growing up malnourished make you stronger?

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

*throws head back* this is my city!

*reaches for the heavens* this is my city!!!!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

inx posted:

i don't understand what is so hard to believe shooting star downhill kobe wade going ham?

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

shoutout metapod for being on waiters island since day 1 👏👏

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
True believers being rewarded all over the place itt

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

The Duggler posted:

Why does growing up malnourished make you stronger?

drat

i dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

inx posted:

shoutout metapod for being on waiters island since day 1 👏👏

i mean if we are being honest i didn't get on waiters island till carsisle said he was a star

• Locked thread