Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

here's some facts

things aren't going well, CIG is a lovely place to work and Chris Roberts is a dumb know it all that's horrible to work with

He also doesn't wear pants at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Those are your opinions. Seeing as I've written over a dozen blogs about this project, going as far back as July 2015, your "intent" fails on merits alone. Just like your iron-clad ToS.

Besides it's a publicly funded company, who is more than open and willing to share everything else under the sun, but if they don't want to show people where all their money is going , I doubt the law would look poorly on someone exposing it for them

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Those are your opinions. Seeing as I've written over a dozen blogs about this project, going as far back as July 2015, your "intent" fails on merits alone. Just like your iron-clad ToS.

LOL I wrote BLOGSSSSSSSS SO MANY BLOGGGGSS.

Personally, I'm waiting for the book.

But in the meantime, release the doxx.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

so wait, all these people leaving cig...isn't good??

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

so wait, all these people leaving cig...isn't good??

No. I'm begging him to release the doxx and show me and all the backers all the leavers and all of their information.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

D_Smart posted:

O mighty Warlord you should crush your enemies like you did Kiwifarms, to see them driven before you, and read their lamentations on the internet.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
derek gonna derek, he's been that way since I argued that overloading players with obtuse mechanics was stupid and he told me my IQ was subnormal and unfit for PC gaming (seriously)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Aggregation of public data? No problem. Using it against people with malicious intent? Doxxing.

I don't think you understand doxx development.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I don't give a poo poo I just love reading about the latest gossip at CIG

It's like going to the store and flipping through the tabloid while waiting to checkout

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

derek gonna derek, he's been that way since I argued that overloading players with obtuse mechanics was stupid and he told me my IQ was subnormal and unfit for PC gaming (seriously)

wait! wot!? I don't remember that. I would normally remember that. :grin:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

wait! wot!? I don't remember that. I would normally remember that. :grin:
it was about 20 years ago, I doubt you remember everyone you sparred with across message boards

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't think you understand doxx development.

Nope, not a clue. I need senpai to show me.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Derek is secretly the theagents father ?

poo poo yeah keep it going :jackbud:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
it had something to do with me being unable to understand keyboard controls or something, it was actually kinda funny but it made me real mad at the time

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MoMA, I think you should get a refund, all this anger is not healthy, friend

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

ManofManyAliases posted:

Aggregation of public data? No problem. Using it against people with malicious intent? Doxxing.

You'll say: No malicious intent here! Only publicizing the devs! Ok fine, but no one requested that you do so in any capacity and there is NO reason for you to do so. You have no proof of people leaving or coming or otherwise, and your only intent is to further make public and put into the spotlight people who do not wish to be anymore than they are currently. If so, they'd take measures to make their information more readily available.

No, the only reason you are doing this is in the hopes that you get someone angry enough to say "I'm suing you." LOL. Please do it Derek. Do it and try and wait until you are ignored by CIG (yet again).

Derek, I request you to give me the information of the devs at CIG, preferably in blog format.

:smuggo: checkmate Man of Many :argh:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

My god, what a fiasco.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
So Gary, who's leaving?

:gary:https://youtu.be/NRIr9MNmCwU :gary:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

MoMA, I think you should get a refund, all this anger is not healthy, friend
quick tip for not bein upset, don't pre-order video games for $8,000

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I never said all of it was in live.

Way to give out those "alternative facts" Kelly Ann.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Seriously ? Already melting ? As Ben's assistant did you try to match his weight, and so lost any form of endurance ?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

My god, what a fiasco.
yeah, not sure how they are going to replace the leavers this time around with anyone with experience

like I know I joke around a lot, but 2017 was supposedly the year of huge milestones for both sq42/SC and without a crew of experienced managers and employees to help guide it, things are pretty bleak

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

yeah, not sure how they are going to replace the leavers this time around with anyone with experience

like I know I joke around a lot, but 2017 was supposedly the year of huge milestones for both sq42/SC and without a crew of experienced managers and employees to help guide it, things are pretty bleak

Art college work programs?

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Drek Shart is going to let loose a torrent of CIG's utter destruction... in two weeks. :anime:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

So why now? Was it one guy who left and a bunch of people decided "actually, he's right, gently caress this poo poo!"

I mean it won't be about pay or hours or the usual stuff because those have been bad for literal years.

Allegedly.

ahmini
May 5, 2009
Is always funny seeing smugmoma get triggered by blog commander and revert to being the shillmoma we all know and love.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

ManofManyAliases posted:

I 100% agree with your decision to do this. I HOPE you do this. Please.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ok fine, but no one requested that you do so in any capacity and there is NO reason for you to do so.

ManofManyAliases posted:

100%. Just do it.

ManofManyAliases posted:

No. I'm begging him to release the doxx and show me and all the backers all the leavers and all of their information.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

ManofManyAliases posted:

My bank account is nice and strong too. I even take vacations, although not necessary when you live in sunny Portland

:prepop: Can you imagine meeting someone who talks like that in the real world? Must be horrible.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Jonny Nox posted:

So why now? Was it one guy who left and a bunch of people decided "actually, he's right, gently caress this poo poo!"

I mean it won't be about pay or hours or the usual stuff because those have been bad for literal years.

Allegedly.

Could be another studio was hiring, or alternatively people just realised loyalty is a terrible reason to stick around on a job when the people in charge aren't really showing you any respect for it.

Or both!

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

Those are your opinions. Seeing as I've written over a dozen blogs about this project, going as far back as July 2015, your "malicious intent" fails on merits alone. Just like your iron-clad ToS.

Mhmmm

God this man is retarded

I really hope the court hearing is televised because i want to hear "ive been stalking and harassing everyone invloved since 2015, how is that malicious" said before a judge

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

This is the one. This will finally be the doxx that will get Chris to sue Derek into silence. Save us Chris.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tokamak posted:

This is the one. This will finally be the doxx that will get Chris to sue Derek into silence. Save us Chris.

Nope. He won't give him the time of day. I know things.

edit: CAT!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tokamak posted:

Do it, Chris! JUST DO IT! It's not like anything could go wrong.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I honestly don't know who I would put money on in this fight.

Manof "Ironclad TOS" ManyAliases, or Derek "100% Guaranteed Legal Action" Smart

To paraphrase Alien vs Predator - whoever loses we all win.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Daztek posted:

So imagine u quantum jumped out into the outer reaches of space from a system. Taking u 1 hour to jump. U got the location from a hard to find npc. He tells u that an unknown horror lurks out there but there is for told treasure to be had.
After to fly all the way out there and fight the monster(s) and get your sick new ship addon. How amazing will it feel knowing your all alone out in the deep black. No one can scan u down. And if they did by luck they would never make the 1 hour jump. I want that feeling of being small and lost. Having only my ship to keep me alive while i hunt for truly rare artefacts.
Only after when i come back i will have that 1000 yard stare , the same that all people get after making the truly deep jumps.
Even having a ship that can jump that far might need uber modding just to be as efficient as necessary with large enough fuel tanks.
People would see your ship docked and be thinking 'drat, now thats a deep space vessel.'

And that's the exact moment Goku420 leaps out of a crate in your ship and rapes you before leaving you stranded on planet #98 at a random coordinate.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

TheAgent posted:

it was about 20 years ago, I doubt you remember everyone you sparred with across message boards
for you, the day derek smart flamed you was the most important day of your life

for derek, it was a tuesday

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nope. He won't give him the time of day. I know things.

But he spent 8 hours writing this

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

TheAgent posted:

quick tip for not bein upset, don't pre-order video games for $8,000

poo poo. I may have done hosed up.

MoMa is still Cymelion.

Toast doesn't give a poo poo.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

And no more since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jonny Nox posted:

Allegedly.
heard it was more layoffs than leaving