Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

no they will not posted:

Someone else in the Higashikata household could be holding a dark secret...

It's me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
From the official King Crimson site:

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/How%20KC%20Works

Awaiting 40 min long improv with the name It Just Works Pt.1 to show up soon.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
King Crimson posted a meme like that on Facebook a while back too.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Countdown to Robert Fripp performing in Diavolo cosplay:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lmao

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Of all the people whose copyrights have been infringed in JoJo, Robert Fripp is the one who I expected to be most mad about it and he's actually one of the chillest. :psyduck:

I mean sure he doesn't let people use it in game or whatever, but still.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

So I have read/watched 5 parts of JoJo now (1, 2, 3, 4, 7) and every time I feel like it ends abruptly. I suppose having a few old characters at the start of every part eases you into it but the ending of Part 7 was basically the frozen screen and caption from old movies.

"Then Johnny went to Italy and did some things, THE END" and 'Don't You Forget About Me' plays

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

EmmyOk posted:

So I have read/watched 5 parts of JoJo now (1, 2, 3, 4, 7) and every time I feel like it ends abruptly. I suppose having a few old characters at the start of every part eases you into it but the ending of Part 7 was basically the frozen screen and caption from old movies.

"Then Johnny went to Italy and did some things, THE END" and 'Don't You Forget About Me' plays

Yeah that's true for every part, Araki doesn't really do denouements. The longest one is probably part 4 and that's not even a whole chapter of wrap-up. I think it's mostly because the parts usually lead into each other, so it would be weird to spend time saying goodbye to characters who are gonna show up later anyway.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That works for some of it but it still feels like he writes weak denouements because there's a lot of the cast you don't see again and even the ones you do are often after a huge period of time.

I just got to the Purple Haze/Man in the Mirror fight and I suspect PH will be having as many fights as The Hand did tbh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

That works for some of it but it still feels like he writes weak denouements because there's a lot of the cast you don't see again and even the ones you do are often after a huge period of time.

I just got to the Purple Haze/Man in the Mirror fight and I suspect PH will be having as many fights as The Hand did tbh.

To be fair to part 7 only like 4 named characters actually survive, so there doesn't need to be that much of a denouement.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

To be fair to part 7 only like 4 named characters actually survive, so there doesn't need to be that much of a denouement.

A page of Johnny knocking on the Zeppelli front door would have been better than "he went to Italy and did things there".

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Sounds like someone doesn't remember Lesson #5: Pay Your Respects

I think Johnny fighting to take the coffin of his best friend on the boat under the threat of violence, even doing Gyro's "Nyohoho" and then looking out the sea as he reflects on big moments of the race and then looking at a Steel Ball and saying "Home....let's go home" and leaving behind his lovely dad is the best way to end Part 7. It's like the ending of Part 1 down to boarding a boat with a loved one except no head vampires.

Like it comes at you fast, but the boat ending owns

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

A page of Johnny knocking on the Zeppelli front door would have been better than "he went to Italy and did things there".

The race is over, Johnny learned how to walk both literally and metaphorically, and he's heading to Italy to lay his best buddy to rest. Part 7 begins with the registration of the Steel Ball Run and ends like a few days after the race finishes with the participants returning home. That feels appropriate to me. And it even has the neat callback to chapter 2 with Johnny's whole "this is the story of how I learned to walk" spiel. I like it a lot.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So a while back there were these Jojo / Disney song crossover videos posted. Well someone/s went head and translation all of the heroes' songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D-TWiaDePg

There's also the villains' songs, but only a few of those are translated in these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v5w-_Hl_zg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=danWTCm47UY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UVKKIFQHJg

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

EmmyOk posted:

If any of the parts deserve to end like an old movie, though, it'd be the western.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

You should read part 6.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I still think the end of part 6 is great

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's because it is great.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Sounds like someone doesn't remember Lesson #5: Pay Your Respects

I think Johnny fighting to take the coffin of his best friend on the boat under the threat of violence, even doing Gyro's "Nyohoho" and then looking out the sea as he reflects on big moments of the race and then looking at a Steel Ball and saying "Home....let's go home" and leaving behind his lovely dad is the best way to end Part 7. It's like the ending of Part 1 down to boarding a boat with a loved one except no head vampires.

Like it comes at you fast, but the boat ending owns

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The race is over, Johnny learned how to walk both literally and metaphorically, and he's heading to Italy to lay his best buddy to rest. Part 7 begins with the registration of the Steel Ball Run and ends like a few days after the race finishes with the participants returning home. That feels appropriate to me. And it even has the neat callback to chapter 2 with Johnny's whole "this is the story of how I learned to walk" spiel. I like it a lot.

Considering I haven't read all of 5 or any of 6 SBR definitely has the best ending I read so far. I actually would have preferred it if it just ended on Johnny saying "let's go home" but I found the final few 'several years' later panels distracting and out of place. Also like my pal Moltrey said the boat scene really rushes up on you.

Part 4's ending blasted past so fast that you never really got a proper goodbye with the characters other than a quick shot of each one in the final couple of minutes. Considering only Koichi and a mention of Jotaro reappear in Part 5 I don't think it really takes the abruptness out of the end of Part 4.

e: Grateful Dead looks creepy as hell, it's great.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 25, 2017

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

and then he got crushed by a boulder

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Really enjoying this manga adaptation of It Follows.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What an insult to Araki's work

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I know there is a Stand called King Crimson coming up and Moltrey alluded in the Part 4 Anime Thread that it might be the only Stand that can punch harder than Star Platinum. My prediction is that the strength of its punches are conditional. Something like the more damage it takes the more damage it can deal or perhaps when it throws a punch no matter how much hard it threw it the punch only stops moving forwards when King Crimson asks it to.

e: Is the middle bottom panel correct?

http://img.bato.to/comics/2016/07/18/j/read578d36e09d628/img000010.png

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 25, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If it is I wish it wasnt.

Like I guess the idea is that he'd kill someone if they tried to sexually assault him, but it just sounds like Mista is super homophobic which is wild when Mista is part of a a gang made entirely of twinks

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The Gay Psychic Mafia is powerful

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

What an insult to Araki's work

I thought It Follows was well received and enjoyed by many though?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's trash. Super bad. The worst.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
I thought we told you to stop signing your posts.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nah.

As both a response to that and being told to stop signing my superbly bad posts.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You are the first person I've seen to take issue with the movie :shrug: what was bad about it?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

no they will not posted:

I still think the end of part 6 is great

I think it's great because it's the happiest possible ending for the joestar family and also just.. unnerving as hell still. Maybe it's because I read the whole thing in one sitting but it's such a drat rollercoaster

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

You are the first person I've seen to take issue with the movie :shrug: what was bad about it?

The premise is dumb, it's not scary, it's not even creepy or unsettling. It's a slow zombie that takes an eternity to get close to you and they do next to nothing to solve it. This single JoJo chapter alone had more creative ways at dealing with the slow, nonthreatening zombie than the entire movie and the climax was atrocious. Just floating around in a swimming pool while your mates hang around with electronics.

- JH

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Counterpoint: It's a good movie

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's a cool movie that's about the anxieties and fears of phyiscal intimacy imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okay so Trish was kidnapped from the elevator and it looks like whatever King Crimson can do it's not what either of my predictions were. On the other hand I'm not sure it is the Boss and his Stand at all considering there is one more member of the assassins out there.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

EmmyOk posted:

Okay so Trish was kidnapped from the elevator and it looks like whatever King Crimson can do it's not what either of my predictions were. On the other hand I'm not sure it is the Boss and his Stand at all considering there is one more member of the assassins out there.

King Crimson can do whatever it wants

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I could tell you what King Crimson does, but it'd be a long rambling discussion that would be incredibly disheartening for both of us, so let's just skip the explanation and pretend it happened anyway.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mulva posted:

I could tell you what King Crimson does, but it'd be a long rambling discussion that would be incredibly disheartening for both of us, so let's just skip the explanation and pretend it happened anyway.

lmao

Okay so based on what happened in the chapters and how it was explained it is something like this.

People effectively get skipped 10 seconds into the future but they have no memory of what happend during that 10 seconds and the only person who can experience that ten seconds normally is King Crimson and The Boss. Furthermore in that ten seconds people don't actually do anything instead a forecast of everything that would happen is ran and that is how King Crimson moves around them. So instead of for example having to dodge a bullet fired at him he would see the path the bullet would have moved along in that ten seconds. After the time skip I am guessing people are where they are at the end of the forecast. e.g. Usain Bolt if hit with KC at the start of the race would be finished the race with no clue about what happened

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yup, that's basically it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

Okay so based on what happened in the chapters and how it was explained it is something like this.

People effectively get skipped 10 seconds into the future but they have no memory of what happend during that 10 seconds and the only person who can experience that ten seconds normally is King Crimson and The Boss. Furthermore in that ten seconds people don't actually do anything instead a forecast of everything that would happen is ran and that is how King Crimson moves around them. So instead of for example having to dodge a bullet fired at him he would see the path the bullet would have moved along in that ten seconds. After the time skip I am guessing people are where they are at the end of the forecast. e.g. Usain Bolt if hit with KC at the start of the race would be finished the race with no clue about what happened

Yeah, that's the heart of it, except nothing gets 'hit' by KC, iirc, it effects at least a large radius around him, if not the entire world.