Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

That Damon record is sublime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Boinks posted:

Sure is. Pioneer PL-S50 direct drive. Past the prime for Pioneer stuff but its not terrible. I put a Shure M97XE on it.

I didn't need to know that.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

BigFactory posted:

I didn't need to know that.

The only thing anyone needs to know that's been posted here is that weird al box set

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

My Castlevania: Simon's Quest soundtrack on blue and green splatter came with a split inner sleeve. I'm torn (hehe) because I don't want to bother them over something like this but I'm not going to buy a whole bag of 10" sleeves for one record.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
The only good vidjeagaem soundtracks are Halo and Red Dead Redemption, and only because I bought both on a whim and now they are worth $90 and $220 respectively

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Only 7 more copies of the HOME - Odyssey repress available. It's good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GW6sLrK40k

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Geoff Zahn posted:

The only good vidjeagaem soundtracks are Halo and Red Dead Redemption, and only because I bought both on a whim and now they are worth $90 and $220 respectively

I would buy your Red Dead for $100 because I want to play it on repeat rather than frame it like some lame assed collector.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Peas and Rice posted:

I would buy your Red Dead for $100 because I want to play it on repeat rather than frame it like some lame assed collector.

guess you haven't found the secret button yet.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

stay depressed posted:

'haha nice try buddy' *presses button to flip open frame* 'who's the dumbass now?'

Lol

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

BigFactory posted:

guess you haven't found the secret button yet.

my wife keeps saying this too wtf

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Peas and Rice posted:

my wife keeps saying this too wtf

Maybe try playing some Bert Kaemfert or Mantovani records instead of video game music to get ur wife in th' mood.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Geoff Zahn posted:

now they are worth $90 and $220 respectively

This just makes me mad at myself for never getting into the bootleg vinyl game

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Its such a shame they made it illegal to keep your records in generic jackets and sleeves while you keep the ones with art on them somewhere you can see them

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i understand your confusion but the art is actually on the record

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Snowy posted:

This just makes me mad at myself for never getting into the bootleg vinyl game

gently caress all bootleggers forever.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Oldstench posted:

gently caress all bootleggers forever.

On the other hand, bootlegs are fun and cool :dukedoge:

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CPL593H posted:

Nostalgia is poison.

aren't you a guy who listens to like classic rock and the lamest 90s indie bands

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Geoff Zahn posted:

Red Dead is basically a Friends of Dean Martinez album and accordingly does not belong in the Bleep Bloop comedy record bin.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Snowy posted:

Agreed.

A human heart posted:

aren't you a guy who listens to like classic rock and the lamest 90s indie bands

I think you're thinking of someone else.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Snowy posted:

Guess you've never been ripped off by a boot before.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

New bootleg just came in, sweet Portuguese pressing of Bolt Thrower's Spearhead and Cenotaph eps.

Also got good things by Jay Jayle, Bastard Noise, and Ilsa - a nice gatefold lp with pop up artwork, and the Ilsa/Coffins split :toot:

E-

Oldstench posted:

Guess you've never been ripped off by a boot before.

Close enough, had my stuff released without permission and had to buy my own copy, and also had a band cover and release a song I cowrote but I didn't get bitchy about that either.

Snowy fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 25, 2017

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Just got this today:

Howard Shore's The Fly soundtrack. It also has a lenticular cover showing the fly leg emerging from the telepod.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I got some more bleep bloops today. :toot: Unfortuantely I just found out my camera is toast so I can't take a picture, but it's this. Not technically video game music, but the artist draws influence from early computer music.

vvv What if the beep boops are good and people like them for reasons other than nostalgia?

Jehde fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 25, 2017

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

A human heart posted:

No. Also there's a big difference between "I like an old thing" and "I want to pay 50 dollars for this record because it has beep boops from that gameboy game I liked when I was ten.".

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
https://ryanadams.shopfirebrand.com/products/prisoner-box-set

Have we reached peak gimmick???

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I think everyone should buy, listen and show off what they want, in The Vinyl Thread.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The only reason I even know who this is is because of that amusing story where someone thought he was a different guy with a very similar name and he got really mad.

edit: Also I've noticed a popular gimmick that's popped up in the last few years is to split up LPs into a set of 7" records and I think that's a really stupid idea.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
"Give me your blipblops, your soundtracks,
Your battered punk singles yearning to breathe free,
The Russian bootlegs and the crackling proof.
Send these, Jack White gimmick records, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my needle into the limited edition golden colored groove."

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

"Give me your blipblops, your soundtracks,
Your battered punk singles yearning to breathe free,
The Russian bootlegs and the crackling proof.
Send these, Jack White gimmick records, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my needle into the limited edition golden colored groove."

gently caress that, just give me a pile of Bruce Springsteen and Soup Dragons records.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Did anyone get their Final Fantasy Symphony records today? My pressing is *bad*. Terrible distortion on heavy bass. Wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

The only reason I even know who this is is because of that amusing story where someone thought he was a different guy with a very similar name and he got really mad.

edit: Also I've noticed a popular gimmick that's popped up in the last few years is to split up LPs into a set of 7" records and I think that's a really stupid idea.

It was some guy who thought he was Bryan Adams and kept yelling at him to play Summer of 69 and made him lose his poo poo onstage.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

Also I've noticed a popular gimmick that's popped up in the last few years is to split up LPs into a set of 7" records and I think that's a really stupid idea.

Unless you own a Jukebox.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

CPL593H posted:

I feel like one of us is living in an alternate universe because Ryan Adams just seems completely ever-present to me. He releases like 12 albums a week and is always mentioned in the music press for something or other

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Im ok with my tedious outdated format of choice being slightly more tedious via it being split on multiple 7s but when they put the small hole on them instead of the standard big one for 7s that's just a step over the line

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I bought some Ryan Adams records from Kmart.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

SeXReX posted:

when they put the small hole on them instead of the standard big one for 7s that's just a step over the line

This is crazy talk, the big hole is only good for nostalgia value

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Snowy posted:

This is crazy talk, the big hole is only good for nostalgia value

Also for your cool 45 adapters

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Barry posted:

Also for your cool 45 adapters

True I do like my heavy ones that came with the Technics 1200s :whatup:

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time

Mister Kingdom posted:

Just got this today:

Howard Shore's The Fly soundtrack. It also has a lenticular cover showing the fly leg emerging from the telepod.
there's a good song Bryan Ferry and Nile Rodgers wrote for that movie that wasn't used, I have the single but not the pic sleeve :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time

Snowy posted:

True I do like my heavy ones that came with the Technics 1200s :whatup:

the best are the half spheres so you can throw 45s at them from a few feet away