Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I've had some ridiculous luck on Wonder Trade today. Beast Ball Morelull with Leech Seed (didn't have that yet), Love Ball Growlithe with 4 Egg Moves, yet another shiny- a Midday Lycanroc in a Beast Ball, HA, 6IV to boot, and just now a Heavy Ball Bagon.

Sure I've gotten a bunch of crap too but so it goes. Especially Magikarp. It must be Magikarp day. I've gotten so many. One of them had its HA at least, so that's something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/824049710818332672

Soon, my beautiful MissingNo

Soon

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/824053100600324096

Even better.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck just died on #49 to a Blissey I couldn't fuckin' dent and who refused to get burned or take confusion damage. gently caress you, Battle Tree. gently caress you to hell.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Don't get too excited. The entries are just recycled from the previous games.

Diet Poison posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck just died on #49 to a Blissey I couldn't fuckin' dent and who refused to get burned or take confusion damage. gently caress you, Battle Tree. gently caress you to hell.

Did you not have any physical attackers?

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
I'm able to download a Bank update in Korea, can't connect to the server, though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Bible posted:

I'm able to download a Bank update in Korea, can't connect to the server, though.

Same for USA accounts. The update can be downloaded, but trying to actually use it just gives an Error Code saying that the server is undergoing maintenance. Because Nintendo, I guess.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Bank subscribers get mew's Z crystal.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

That's so useful to go with all the mews I have access to!

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Bank is live.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
For the BP question, your previous stockpile of miles is accessible in Sun/Moon.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Dr. Fetus posted:

Did you not have any physical attackers?

Last turns: My Fini knocks his Blissey half-down, my Garchomp kills his Garchomp, his Blissey surprises me with Ice Beam and kills my Garchomp. I go Swagger, Scald, Scald, he goes Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt and kills me. I'd probably have won if confusion had triggered, but it's my understanding the odds of that have been decreased now?

e: Can anyone hold onto three Pokemon for me so I can restart my game? I'd like to keep my Destiny Knot, Lucky Egg, and Master Ball.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 25, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dr. Fetus posted:

Don't get too excited. The entries are just recycled from the previous games.

Laaaaaaame.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Is the Poke Transporter a separate download?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

The Bible posted:

For the BP question, your previous stockpile of miles is accessible in Sun/Moon.
Well, that's gonna speed up team building quite a bit.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Sooooo if i reset my pokemon game (as in new character) without accepting the mystery gift, would i still be able to get Mew's z crystal?

Mew's Z crystal causes psychic terrain.

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 25, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Turns out glitch mew is illegal.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Also, if you're using a non-US region Bank, you can now choose the language for Bank. This is huge for me.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Zuzie posted:

Is the Poke Transporter a separate download?

Yes, you have to download it from inside PokeBank.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Turns out glitch mew is illegal.

Guessing you can't bring over Missingno. then?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Huh... I thought the Pokédex in my Moon game would be upgraded to the National Dex. I transferred some XY Pokémon there but nothing so far.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Zuzie posted:

Huh... I thought the Pokédex in my Moon game would be upgraded to the National Dex. I transferred some XY Pokémon there but nothing so far.

No, I think the Pokedex is part of Pokemon Bank, now, innit?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Diet Poison posted:

No, I think the Pokedex is part of Pokemon Bank, now, innit?

I just checked and... Huh... I had no idea. I guess that means I don't have to mass migrate my whole living dex into Moon right now...

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know for a lot of people this IS the game but for anyone that just wants to battle and skip the tedious breeding garbage I cannot recommend pkhex enough. you need an sd card reader but it takes 5 minutes to set up and you can create a perfect legal pokemon in 30 seconds.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Time to cram a few last online battles before the market is flooded with old Pokemon.

Edit: Too Late

Only 5 years to the next new game, I guess...

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 25, 2017

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Kanto region in the good old days"
Is the description. They've definitely left space for Jhoto.

The game didn't even take a second to ask if I was sure I wanted to take the special Pikachu from Yellow.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

So with the Bank update live, I figure it's a good time to ask for help plugging the holes in my Hidden Ability Pokemon!

I am missing the following with their HA:

Mudkip (Damp)
Patrat (Analytic)
Panpour (Torrent)
Woobat (Simple)
Trubbish (Aftermath)
Ferrothorn (Anticipation- invisible until evolution)
Inkay (Infiltrator)
Bergmite (Sturdy)
Noibat (Telepathy)

I can offer in return: A whole bunch of stuff! Seriously, I have a lot of good stuff. Just ask. Chances are I have it.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Oh that's odd... I transferred some leftover Torkoal (from a past breeding project) that were sitting in the Bank and now one of them's sporting Drought as an ability.

I don't remember if I was breeding for a Shell Armor or White Smoke Torkoal as I had some of those in the batch as well.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Zuzie posted:

Oh that's odd... I transferred some leftover Torkoal (from a past breeding project) that were sitting in the Bank and now one of them's sporting Drought as an ability.

I don't remember if I was breeding for a Shell Armor or White Smoke Torkoal as I had some of those in the batch as well.

All Pokemon have 2 ability slots on top of their Hidden Ability. Your Torkoal had an ability slot that was changed to Drought in Sun and Moon, so that's why it changed.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh, my gen 1 pokemon have their hidden abilities! Great, I'm glad I took the time to get porygon in Red, then. now if only i could breed that porygon with another porygon..

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well Bank is having server issues, no surprise there. But at least I've moved my Gen 6 living dex to my Sun game. So yay, technically have a full dex, even though my Alolan Dex will say 301. Forever. (Until Marshadow).

Just in case you were curious, if you use Bank with a Gen 6 game, any Pokemon that cannot be transferred back will have a grey square underneath it, but you can still move Pentagon Pokemon between Gen 6 and 7 with no problems.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

For those of you that wanted No Guard Fissure Machamp, I have some bad news:

https://twitter.com/pokemon_phd/status/824072968418500608

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Dr. Fetus posted:

Thank god. That poo poo would have been stupid.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Does the bank preserve pokerus? I don't have any pokerus in sun yet and I'd like to get that over.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Is there any way to get my pokemon out of my copy of white 2 or are they stuck there forever?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PleasantDirge posted:

Is there any way to get my pokemon out of my copy of white 2 or are they stuck there forever?

Pokemon Bank was made for Black and White transfers. Buy the bank then download Pokemon Transfer.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Game Freak ruins everything.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

give pheromosa no guard and sheer cold

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I was really excited to actually get into Pokemon Sun again too, but I guess they don't want people having fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dr. Fetus posted:

Boooooooooooooooooooo

wankers