Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yinlock posted:

in extremely Flintstones Animal Appliance voice while eating poo poo: it's a living

No its loving not. gently caress you

Those flintstone animals would loving neck themselves if they heard that they were being refurbished to retail duty

Just so you get the slightest infinitesimal idea that is that bad.

Ed Balls would use a flintstone animal, one of those birds with the corkscrew beak to open a wine bottle, I would think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

gently caress Whitey posted:

it happened twice actually

i'm only sure that one was an accident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-m15gNJwyM

this was my old workplace :3:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

liberals, 2009-2016: "the president's not all-powerful"
liberals, 2017: "oops"

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

this doesn't count as someone peeing on your floor, you walked into their pee

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we just didn't realize that the president just has to ignore reality and pretend facts arent facts and the law doesnt apply, and then it doesnt

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/01/24/are-scientists-going-to-march-on-washington/?utm_term=.360b4409c4fa

Lol Scientists are so sick of Trumps poo poo they're all gonna gather together and do a womens-style march on washington.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Found multiple used condoms when working at a movie theatre. At least it was safe sex?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
They are overall cool for promoting descriptivism over prescriptivism, which is what a dictionary is supposed to do.

https://twitter.com/merriamwebster/status/746449116721451008

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I honestly thought House of Cards was too over-the-top. Then Fascist Cheeto Pissboi Vagina-Chin rear end in a top hat Russian Puppet President Trump was elected and five days later I realized they're seriously going to have to up their game next season.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

if anything this contrast proves the necessity of democratic centralism as an organizing principle for all political parties

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

I honestly thought House of Cards was too over-the-top. Then Fascist Cheeto Pissboi Vagina-Chin rear end in a top hat Russian Puppet President Trump was elected and five days later I realized they're seriously going through have to up their game next season.

yeah its so loving mild now its impossible to watch

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
:rip: rear end dan 2020

Lastgirl posted:

None taken, I want a sinkhole to uironically swallow them all up. Sounds about right to me. And its things like this that makes me wonder why people wonder why Trump is president. Like have you interacted with the average american outside of your echo chamber on twitter? I mean granted you're probably there in the first place to avoid those people but it seems like you've forgotten for a while :grin:

im almost grateful for having insane idiot texan coworkers to talk politics with on a daily basis

they're mostly super competent in their field but chatting with them and probing how they think is endlessly fascinating because they aren't just "make the white house white again" types, even if one of them did buy toilet paper with hillary's face on it for another one

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

R. Guyovich posted:

liberals, 2009-2016: "the president's not all-powerful"
liberals, 2017: "oops"

i wish the dems could have scrubbed joseph leiberman out of the senate as easily as you have scrubbed him from your memory

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eonwe posted:

we just didn't realize that the president just has to ignore reality and pretend facts arent facts and the law doesnt apply, and then it doesnt

It's almost like he's an exceptional being.

A God-Emperor maybe.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

D1E posted:

I honestly thought House of Cards was too over-the-top. Then Fascist Cheeto Pissboi Vagina-Chin rear end in a top hat Russian Puppet President Trump was elected and five days later I realized they're seriously going through have to up their game next season.

House of cards mistake is to assume that power-plays in washington demands any kind of intelligence or cunning, and that only an insanely smart evil man can break the system, well guess what , the american system is far more basic than people thought it would be.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/01/24/are-scientists-going-to-march-on-washington/?utm_term=.360b4409c4fa

Lol Scientists are so sick of Trumps poo poo they're all gonna gather together and do a womens-style march on washington.

what did i say soon we'll have as many marches as a typical south american country

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i would like to purchase a pelican washing machine, on layaway

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

eonwe posted:

we though people would try to stop him, but haha nope

boy are we embarassed

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Found multiple used condoms when working at a movie theatre. At least it was safe sex?

weirdest moment in my job history was working as a third-party at a movie theater as a survey taker

someone recorded "The Simpsons Movie" on their phone and sort of forgot about the specific code at the start of the movie, so uh, when I went into work the next day, everyone was completely replaced; managers and everything

it was the most surreal thing at the time

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
goon project to raise enough money to have a one on one with trump

if we spent enough time telling him how smart he was he would probably sign an executive order to make boosted wear the loving hat

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

TRUMP!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

red hood and the outlaws (2011) #1 fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i did that on reflex

whats the latest hardcopy volume of Saga, I think I have about 5 of them

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

House of Cards is a weird attempt to be Richard III but not be too Richard III but ends up not being enough Richard III.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

lol a hundred thousand academics in close proximity

some protester who beat someone else to publishing is going to get skewered by a sign

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

volume 7 comes out in april and i cannot wait

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Being a delivery driver is a hell I never personally wish to revisit.

Working somewhere now where all I interact with is pretty much contractors buying parts and poo poo, its pretty much the least terrible retail experience I've ever had. Aside from the massive amount of trump love I listen to daily.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

House of Cards is a weird attempt to be Richard III but not be too Richard III but ends up not being enough Richard III.

its richard level 2 at best

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

volume 7 comes out in april and i cannot wait

:tipshat: :cheers:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Al-Saqr posted:

well you know if he's got to oppress one minority religion its p much between them and the leveyan satanists imo

oh wait i read that as scientologists lmao

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
even tho there was a constant march of fatalities and injuries and close calls, roadside work is coo

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Retail sucks for sure

Call center customer service sucks more

I took a job in "Escalated Concerns" (not the real name of the dept, but close enough) at the cable company. When people got pissed off and demanded to speak to a supervisor, they got us even though we had no actual supervisory powers over anyone else

The very first day in training that they put us on the phones, I got some guy who sounded all methed-out screaming at me because we cut off his service for like three months of nonpayment

And we were told from our interviews all the way through training that under ABSOLUTELY NO CIRCUMSTANCES were we allowed to terminate a call

He literally screamed at me for two hours

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Lastgirl posted:

Six. Collects up to 36 I believe. Next one is solicited already and I'll tell you when it comes out when I get back to my desk (I have the password to our distributor memorized so I can look stuff up)

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Free Comic Book Day is the worst

imagine black friday but for nerds, specifically

here's my comic book consumer white knight story: i go to my local comic book store but i refuse to go to events anymore. i went to a "tent sale" when it was raining out and it was packed, with the "walls" rolled down. it stunk so, so badly. i barely want to go in to get books occasionally. working there all the time must be loving miserable. the owner has aged so rapidly since i started going because running that kind of business must be draining

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Weeping Wound posted:

weirdest moment in my job history was working as a third-party at a movie theater as a survey taker

someone recorded "The Simpsons Movie" on their phone and sort of forgot about the specific code at the start of the movie, so uh, when I went into work the next day, everyone was completely replaced; managers and everything

it was the most surreal thing at the time

what happened to them :ohdear: replaced sounds so ominous, I bet they were grinded up into film both literally and figuratively.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

skaboomizzy posted:

Retail sucks for sure

Call center customer service sucks more

I took a job in "Escalated Concerns" (not the real name of the dept, but close enough) at the cable company. When people got pissed off and demanded to speak to a supervisor, they got us even though we had no actual supervisory powers over anyone else

The very first day in training that they put us on the phones, I got some guy who sounded all methed-out screaming at me because we cut off his service for like three months of nonpayment

And we were told from our interviews all the way through training that under ABSOLUTELY NO CIRCUMSTANCES were we allowed to terminate a call

He literally screamed at me for two hours

I had a telemarketing job for like two weeks

I talked to this lady for like two hours: https://www.amazon.com/Control-Christian-Marriages-Priesthood-Children/dp/1425992609

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Epic High Five posted:

John Cena 2020 w/ ICP and Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren flanking him in support would be a Dem wave on par with Reagan 84

This but warren needs to be in clown makeup. not icp makeup but literal clown makeup

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I was kind of having fun watching Trump make Paul Ryan his little bitch but fascism kinda sucks. It only took like 4 days.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DrPossum posted:

This but warren needs to be in clown makeup. not icp makeup but literal clown makeup

An excellent way to trick Trump voters into voting for us, good idea

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

what happened to them :ohdear: replaced sounds so ominous, I bet they were grinded up into film both literally and figuratively.

something about a behind-the-scenes investigation because 20th Century FOX sued the poo poo out of them and having someone higher up hire a lot of people at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
stay safe, simpsons ghosts

• Locked thread