Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
i have a glucas allergy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Ha, it's this episode! Thought that was Lucas.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
This is so dumb. I love it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The dumbest inspirational speech saved by the only hope line.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > DC's Legends to Tomorrow-"George Lucas has the Spear of Destiny."

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Snart is a Space Ghost. A Time and Space Ghost, but still. Rory just grimly purring at Stein until he agrees to help is so weird.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh poo poo, trash compactor

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Why do they never ever bother to use Firestorm, the strongest member of their team? Just trying to make fights interesting?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The loving Wilhelm scream

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Senerio posted:

The loving Wilhelm scream

incredible

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy A. Person posted:

Why do they never ever bother to use Firestorm, the strongest member of their team? Just trying to make fights interesting?

That or they could make him super dumb. Just like Flash

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
NO STAR WARS!!

Urge to die, rising.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
That was one of the best episodes of the series. Dark ending. I'm guessing the real answer to why they don't use Firestorm more is budget.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like how The Doom Patrol have swanky leather jackets.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh my god, my sides. They just needed George Lucas to really believe and suddenly their powers and intelligence were back.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Howard the Duck is great. Ray and Other Ray can go gently caress themselves.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

howe_sam posted:

Dahrk and Merlyn are such great villains.

They are just so fun together.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Stunt Rock posted:

Elevator bit was great too.

That bit was hilarious, did they fight over who got to chew a toothpick and then went with both?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

This whole episode was 110% amazing. I nearly died when they were poking fun at Vandal Savage being a total non threat.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Inkspot posted:

Howard the Duck is great. Ray and Other Ray can go gently caress themselves.

MCU connection confirmed!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I love that Nate got the name Legion of Doom from "an old Hanna-Barbera cartoon"

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Finally caught up, I previously left before Season 1's Wild West installment.

Holy poo poo is this season fun. I knew the show would improve my removing Savage and the hawks, but I underestimated just how big of an improvement.

And Barrowman, Neal, and Lescher all bouncing off each other? More plz.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BSam posted:

MCU connection confirmed!

Beaten by one day, I'm afraid. Winn was sporting a barely covered up Captain America shield shirt on Supergirl this week.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
This is the stupidest show ever, but at least it seems to know it and go full ham and cheese with it, which is fun.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

Finally caught up, I previously left before Season 1's Wild West installment.

Holy poo poo is this season fun. I knew the show would improve my removing Savage and the hawks, but I underestimated just how big of an improvement.

And Barrowman, Neal, and Lescher all bouncing off each other? More plz.

The Legion of Doom basically being more hammy than a pig farm really makes it worth watching.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Its especially fun given how awful the Arrow writers' obsession with Merlyn became. Shooing him off to Legends is a win-win for everyone involved.

But I bailed on The Flash early last year... how the hell is Eobard still hanging around? Did they retcon it so Eddie's death meant nothing?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Barry went back to when his mother died (again) but this time actually changed the timeline, this created a duplicate Eobard who Barry locked up in the "Flashpoint" universe. However Barry eventually had to undo it and he did so by letting Eobard go. Which is why things are slightly different on the various shows, also somehow doing this has let the duplicate Eobard run around free with his old face and no memories of the time he spent as Harrison Wells.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

somehow doing this has let the duplicate Eobard run around free with his old face and no memories of the time he spent as Harrison Wells.

They haven't outright said this yet have they?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just assumed we weren't really supposed to care about the how and why of it because Matt Letscher is awesome and the Arrowverse is a better place with him in it as Thawne :shrug:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

nine-gear crow posted:

I just assumed we weren't really supposed to care about the how and why of it because Matt Letscher is awesome and the Arrowverse is a better place with him in it as Thawne :shrug:

This is pretty much the right answer. Flash time travel is an insane clusterfuck of loopholes and nonsense, but this is Legends of Tomorrow so just buckle up, enjoy the ride, and try not to think too hard about it.

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

I think the "logic" was Eddie off's himself, so Reverse Flash was never born, but Eddie wouldn't have killed himself if Reverse Flash didn't go back in time to kill Barry's mom, so Reverse Flash has to exist at least up to the point where he kill's Barry's mom for the timeline to be stable. So, even though Reverse Flash doesn't exist in the current timeline, old Reverse flash must exist, and because Reverse Flash is a time traveler, old Reverse Flash can be at any point in time he wants to be . Which is totally inconsistent with other timeline changes that Barry has made in the show.

or

Zebulon posted:

Flash time travel is an insane clusterfuck of loopholes and nonsense, but this is Legends of Tomorrow so just buckle up, enjoy the ride, and try not to think too hard about it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Guys, guys, guys...guys.

Speedforce.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Couldn't it always be the Reverse Flash we currently see is the Reverse Flash before he took Wells face? If so, they could even have him steal/copy Gideon from the Waverider.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Reverse Flash was in the Speedforce (or some version of him was) when that happened, so whatever speedforce woohoo.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
The EPs mentioned that Thawne's reason for wanting the Spear of Destiny is that he's not a "whole" person, and what that exactly means will be explained in episode 10. I think what they'll go for is that the Eobard on LOT is a split version of the Eobard from Flash S1, and he needs the spear to come back to full power.

This justifies story-wise why he's so horribly nerfed that he doesn't just murder everyone in like five seconds flat.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

No Butt Stuff posted:

Reverse Flash was in the Speedforce (or some version of him was) when that happened, so whatever speedforce woohoo.

What happens in the speedforce stays in the speedforce.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Phylodox posted:

What happens in the speedforce stays in the speedforce.

Is that why none of Barry's friends talk about everything he's hosed with the speedforce?

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Barry went back to when his mother died (again) but this time actually changed the timeline, this created a duplicate Eobard who Barry locked up in the "Flashpoint" universe. However Barry eventually had to undo it and he did so by letting Eobard go. Which is why things are slightly different on the various shows, also somehow doing this has let the duplicate Eobard run around free with his old face and no memories of the time he spent as Harrison Wells.

This is 3rd version of Harrison Wells that is running around (from earth 18 maybe), they basicaly broadcast a casting call to all the Earths and picked this one. He can walk around without anyone recognising him because he conveniently has a holographic face and voice changer thing from his own Earth. I'd put money on there being a different Wells for Season 4.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

HERAK posted:

This is 3rd version of Harrison Wells that is running around (from earth 18 maybe), they basicaly broadcast a casting call to all the Earths and picked this one. He can walk around without anyone recognising him because he conveniently has a holographic face and voice changer thing from his own Earth. I'd put money on there being a different Wells for Season 4.

Yeah, pretty sure thats gonna be a running thing. Each season they get a new Wells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Apparently Flash has a cameo next episode. Probably to get yelled at by Oliver for not telling him about Laurel-2

• Locked thread