Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
LMAO Duke

Sorry I think I bumped an old-rear end thread maybe? Just saw November in the title but this is the one I had open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I don't think we have another NCAA GDT.

Also, gently caress Duke.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
what the hell

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

LMAO Duke

Sorry I think I bumped an old-rear end thread maybe? Just saw November in the title but this is the one I had open

No, this is the one for the season since not a lot of people having been posting in the college ball threads. Don't worry about it.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
It would be fun if this thread was more active like it was in the day. I don't really talk anywhere else about college hoops.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I wish I had more time to watch college ball. Last year I watched nearly every ISU conference game. This year I've caught like two.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I wish I had more time to watch college ball. Last year I watched nearly every ISU conference game. This year I've caught like two.

I've watched 5 Missouri conference games.

I disagree with your position vehemently.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
So that was State's first win at Duke since 1995. Of course, they went off home-and-home with them after the mid-2000s expansion, but that's still a lot of games.

I don't get how a team capable of this and the VT game is also capable of losing to...pretty much everyone else in the conference. But for tonight at least, there's this (and it might even be better for not counting):
https://twitter.com/SBNationCBB/status/823718882817036288

vikingstrike posted:

It would be fun if this thread was more active like it was in the day. I don't really talk anywhere else about college hoops.

it tends to pick up as the season goes on, no? or maybe it's just in decline. definitely not a vintage year for college ball so far.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

elentar posted:

definitely not a vintage year for college ball so far.
I disagree, it's been a super-fun year so far. I haven't been immersed in it, though, because I've been working Saturdays.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

elentar posted:

it tends to pick up as the season goes on, no? or maybe it's just in decline. definitely not a vintage year for college ball so far.

I personally like watching blue blood teams struggle.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

So that was State's first win at Duke since 1995. Of course, they went off home-and-home with them after the mid-2000s expansion, but that's still a lot of games.

I don't get how a team capable of this and the VT game is also capable of losing to...pretty much everyone else in the conference. But for tonight at least, there's this (and it might even be better for not counting):

Wake Forest is Good though.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

elentar posted:

If I remember last year correctly, we barely could do a N/V and GDT each month

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I was too tired to post it last night, but did anyone else see the end of Texas-Oklahoma? Sooners went up late after being down double digits in the second half, and Texas went into foul mode with about a minute left. OU kept missing free throws to keep giving Texas a chance, including missing two in a row, up 2, with about 10 seconds left. Texas then proceeded to hit the game winning 3.

You see the fouling strategy at the end of the game all the time, but it seems like it rarely actually works. Just goes to show, you have to hit your drat free throws.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hell ISU struggled to hit a couple FTs against OU Saturday in 2OT. They had a 4 point lead, but OU got it down to 2 because ISU went 2-4 from the line. Luckily they then went 4-4 so they pulled away. It works better in college than pros because even good college FT shooters are way less reliable than NBA players.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a Kansas State Wildcat, god bless.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Thoguh posted:

gently caress a Kansas State Wildcat, god bless.

Hell, agreed.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Can't decide if the upcoming loss to West Virginia or the loss to Kentucky will hurt KU's seeding more.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Pre-emptive gently caress Michigan State and Tom Izzo

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

We really don't need a loving Izzo cam during the game ESPN - gently caress off

Edit: Izzo whining to the refs, can't wait to see the amount of travel calls Purdue gets in the 2nd half

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 25, 2017

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I remember when Pitt used to be good at College basketball

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not a huge fan of this game so far.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dick Vitale with all the students, a student behind Dick sticking his tongue out, Dick turns his head, nearly jams his nose right into the guy’s tongue

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

That's a loving defensive foul.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So uhhhhhhh....Pitt...

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Miles Bridges is going to single handedly beat Purdue

Maybe not, back to back 3s push the lead back to 10 w/ under 4 to go. But Bridges has been unreal, 32 very efficient points so far tonight.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Just beat the absolute dog out of Auburn, 98-69. Great way to bounce back after the UK loss.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress this poo poo.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue wins, 25 and 16 for Caleb Swanigan

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

I'm still trying to figure out how we lost at home to loving Minnesota of all teams, but great win for Purdue tonight.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Death to Kansas

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Death to Kansas

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Death to Kansas

I hope West Virginia's entire starting lineup fouls out before four minutes are up in Lawrence and it's all because of touch fouls.

I will feel no shame.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Iowa State making all the drat threes

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Matt Thomas shooting 6-8 from 3 :/

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Virginia-Notre Dame has been a good, albeit nigh unwatchable game. Good road win for the Cavaliers.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
WARRIORS

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Holy poo poo Marquette

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Does this mean we get #1 Gonzaga next week?

If so, LMAO

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

How is Tennessee up 10 on UK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

ColdBlooded posted:

Does this mean we get #1 Gonzaga next week?

If so, LMAO

I think so. :negative:

• Locked thread