Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vargatron posted:

I've been out of the fandom since the Zorak/Tenement Funster days. Are there any key series I need to watch now from about 2012 to present?

Let me tell you about a little show called Flip Flappers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Vargatron posted:

I've been out of the fandom since the Zorak/Tenement Funster days. Are there any key series I need to watch now from about 2012 to present?

All the ones I like

Droyer fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 25, 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Vargatron posted:

yuru yuri, teekyuu, sabagebu, watamote

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the four basic pillars of modern anime fandom

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Seriously though maybe tell us a little about what you like so it's easier to make recommendations? also there is a "recommend me an anime" thread.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Consider watching Shirobako, an anime about the process of making anime

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gundam Build Fighters (you can skip its sequel)

SYMPHOGEAR

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vargatron posted:

carnival phantasm

Tesseraction posted:

"I managed to stop anal masturbation becoming a habit" is the line from that show that just... surprised me so much I can't forget it

unrelated

https://twitter.com/rrinn_/status/659531426417643520
it probably plugs into a hole in the back of her skirt, but also, lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

yeah it sure does

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Vargatron posted:

The Jojo anime and/or One Punch Man is probably the "correct" answer. Other than that,

Droyer posted:

Seriously though maybe tell us a little about what you like so it's easier to make recommendations? also there is a "recommend me an anime" thread.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

yeah it sure does

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

homeless snail posted:

yeah it sure does

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Fair enough I'll go over to the recommendation thread. I was mainly looking for the heavy hitters of the past few years. Something in a similar vein to Legend of the Legenday Heroes would also be up my alley. The first season of Sword Arr Online was awesome too, but I felt like it really fell off once they were out of the first world.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you liked sword art online, check out log horizon and re:zero, they're the biggest ln 'sucked into a fantasy world' anime since it. Only recent thing like Legend of the Legendary Heroes (assuming you meant that and not galactic heroes) I can think of is Zestiria the X. Oh, and maybe Chaika.

If you want the big hitters from last year, we did a best anime of 2016 thing. and the wiki has the top 10s from the last few years.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Endorph posted:

if you liked sword art online, check out log horizon and re:zero, they're the biggest ln 'sucked into a fantasy world' anime since it. Only recent thing like Legend of the Legendary Heroes (assuming you meant that and not galactic heroes) I can think of is Zestiria the X. Oh, and maybe Chaika.

If you want the big hitters from last year, we did a best anime of 2016 thing. and the wiki has the top 10s from the last few years.

Thanks bro this is what I'm looking for.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Also Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Endorph posted:

if you liked sword art online, check out log horizon and re:zero, they're the biggest ln 'sucked into a fantasy world' anime since it.

KonoSuba :colbert:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A happy little cabin.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a kitten posted:

A happy little cabin.
okay I need to go to the painting shop

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

a kitten posted:

A happy little cabin.

oh my god

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The second season of Log Horizon was insanely boring so I never finished it even though it introduced the best character in the series.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The second season of Log Horizon was insanely boring so I never finished it even though it introduced the best character in the series.
people blamed deen for that one but i think it's just the author, maoyuu also got insanely borign after a strong start

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i was falling off the Log Horizon train even during the later npc-centric stuff at the end of s1, so yeah. i'd chalk it failing more to a shift in focus to stuff that wasn't as engrossing as the burger stand or scamming the guild that enslaved newbies for exp.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

https://youtu.be/AsbOOPkmEGw

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Just got to the second settlement in Gravity Rush 2. I'm enjoying this thing a whole lot. Flying around throwing things and dropkicking monsters is just a lot of fun, and the art design and music give the thing a great, distinct personality.

That's out?! :aaa:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

That's out?! :aaa:

For a good few days now!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
The log horizon novels focus heavily on the worldbuilding and raid stuff and what I read was real cool. S2 didn't seem plotwise very different from S1 but the decision to spread the big raid arc out so much really makes thing slow with a lack of episodic tension. I think the conclusion on the moon owns and if they could've just not killed off half their audience on the way there it'd have been more well-received at the halfway mark.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Episode 2 of Dragon Maid was so good. No creepy drunken antics, just disgusting cuteness. :3:

Also the ending theme is catchy as hell.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/drawingchisanne/status/824092281183477761

Way to go bird food guy.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I would hang bird food guy paintings on my walls.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Vargatron posted:

Shimoneta is a funny if not cringe inducing anime and it was a good decision to watch. This has been my contribution to the thread.

It is a good show. I just wish the second half was a good as the first half.

Also

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

homeless snail posted:

yeah it sure does

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Droyer posted:

I built a robot

Support plane

Gattai

ah, cool megazord

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

homeless snail posted:

ah, cool megazord

What the!?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Droyer posted:

What the!?

He's right.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Tesseraction posted:

"I managed to stop anal masturbation becoming a habit" is the line from that show that just... surprised me so much I can't forget it

unrelated

https://twitter.com/rrinn_/status/659531426417643520

it's an edit

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Vargatron posted:

Himouto umaru-chan

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 25, 2017

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I played RE7 for a couple of hours and I'm on edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

ah, cool megazord

oh, thats the thing from that "power rangers" movie ive been hearing about

• Locked thread