Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanglorian
Apr 13, 2013

Games, games, games

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's a real life mystic thing. Ur was one of the very first cities in recorded human history so Ur-"object" tends to be used to denote its status as a primal or original form.

So Fyreslayers collect Ur-Gold because they are the Ur-Vomit Encrusted Tiny Bears.

This was one thing I wondered about myself, but ur- the prefix (meaning "original") and Ur the city don't seem to be etymologically linked. Kind of cool that the ur-city is Ur, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whoopy! Another Hero Quest game! :v:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/24/your-quest-continues/

Also, thanks for that insight on the term Ur ;)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Irate Tree posted:

Also, thanks for that insight on the term Ur ;)

The British Museum is a hell of a place to go if you want to learn more about the first human cities and civilisations. Especially since Mesopotamia is now Iraq, Syria, and the southern edge of Turkey, and anything that hasn't been destroyed is basically impossible to visit right now if you value your health and life.

Joe_Richter
Oct 8, 2005

Laser Lenin approves of hobo murder simulators.
If any of you guys actually want one of those Rogue Trader reprints and can't get your hands on them, I've just been in Warhammer World and they have some for sale there.

I can but and post out if needed (y'all should be cool like me and still have your own original Rogue Trader softback).

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Joe_Richter posted:

If any of you guys actually want one of those Rogue Trader reprints and can't get your hands on them, I've just been in Warhammer World and they have some for sale there.

I can but and post out if needed (y'all should be cool like me and still have your own original Rogue Trader softback).

I assume you're not talking about the RPG?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From the Bad Thread.

xtothez posted:

Grand Alliance: Aeldari confirmed

Joe_Richter
Oct 8, 2005

Laser Lenin approves of hobo murder simulators.

Drone posted:

I assume you're not talking about the RPG?

Nope; the limited run reprint of the original first edition 40k rules (at the time called rogue trader) they announced recently that apparently isn't really available anywhere else.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
https://youtu.be/HKoEH2R9z90

I think we all know why Moola really doesn't give GW money. He Patreoned the first minute of this. There is no other explanation.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It's pretty telling that everyone who has something positive to say about the new eldar leaks and models prefaces it with "I'm not an Eldar player but..."

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
Isn't that more because no one actually plays Eldar though? :angel:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Avenging Dentist posted:

Isn't that more because no one actually plays Eldar though? :angel:

Bad Moon posted:

I have a staff member who got into painting and playing 40K by her husband and she has a cool looking eldar army that is like harlequins or something I haven't played since 5th that she enjoys stomping smelly warhams who don't think women can play. Anyway, I don't know how I should or even have the heart to break the coming Sigmaring of her game. Maybe I'll just show some pics of Infinity figs.

She uh did not react well to the idea of Aeldari

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
Show her some Infinity figs to sooth her aching soul.

Grand Aelliance Aeldari.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Captain Rufus posted:

https://youtu.be/HKoEH2R9z90

I think we all know why Moola really doesn't give GW money. He Patreoned the first minute of this. There is no other explanation.

*skeleton shrieking*

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Skinty McEdger posted:

It's pretty telling that everyone who has something positive to say about the new eldar leaks and models prefaces it with "I'm not an Eldar player but..."

I'm a Dark Eldar player. I'm totally fine with the leaks and models. I might even buy the Red Dude.

Not directly from GW of course, but I'm still Giving GW Money.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm a Dark Eldar player. I'm totally fine with the leaks and models. I might even buy the Red Dude.

thank you for being brave and coming forward to us about your recent brain damage

your strength and courage is inspiring

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I have the feeling that all Eldar are going to turn out closer to Dark Eldar than Dark Eldar will to Craftworld Eldar.

But there will be a net reduction in bondage gear.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

have you ever considered

you know

not doing that?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

have you ever considered

you know

not doing that?

I've genuinely still not found a tabletop wargame that appeals to me as much as 40k. Everything else seems to either be "I like the rules, but not the models" or vice versa.

so i have considered not doing that, but other companies don't seem to want money from me in particular

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
*a single tear rolls down my skeleton cheek*

such courage!

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I've genuinely still not found a tabletop wargame that appeals to me as much as 40k. Everything else seems to either be "I like the rules, but not the models" or vice versa.

so i have considered not doing that, but other companies don't seem to want money from me in particular

I can just about understand preferring the models but 40k has loving terrible rules wtf

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

I can just about understand preferring the models but 40k has loving terrible rules wtf

Oh, it totally does. But everything I've tried otherwise, like Infinity, just feels even slower and full of nitpicky bullshit. And then, on the other end, there's stuff like AoS which is basically just "toss a bunch of dice i don't know who cares".

I just haven't found any game that strikes that balance to my liking.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

"I wasn't a Fantasy player but.."

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Oh, it totally does. But everything I've tried otherwise, like Infinity, just feels even slower and full of nitpicky bullshit. And then, on the other end, there's stuff like AoS which is basically just "toss a bunch of dice i don't know who cares".

lol

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Please allow me to introduce you to Chain of Command.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I'm still laughing at nit picky rules.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Thirsty Dog posted:

I'm still laughing at nit picky rules.

Its funny when the favorable comparison is warhammer but Infinity can feel basically impenetrable

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Its funny when the favorable comparison is warhammer but Infinity can feel basically impenetrable

Yeah I've tried to play it but it's very dense and your first couple of games are basically moving a guy, getting AROd to death, and repeating that process until you are out of dudes.

And don't get me loving started on camo/stealth models.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

TKIY posted:

Yeah I've tried to play it but it's very dense and your first couple of games are basically moving a guy, getting AROd to death, and repeating that process until you are out of dudes.

And don't get me loving started on camo/stealth models.

Like your first couple of 40k games might be running against a death star which laugh at everything you can throw to it et raze you.
And don't let me get started on the various rules within rules.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Have you considered Firefight. The rules on paper look really good.

maths at university
Oct 26, 2010
Having just read through the Firefight rulebook last night, my first impressions were "hey, this is just like 40k but not dumb".

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

Skinty McEdger posted:

As an Eldar player I cannot wait to forge the exciting narrative where I throw all my Aeldari in the Ur-dumpster.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Have you considered demonstrating against trump/may/austerity/brexit/nazis and if your protest looks to be turning a bit rioty try to steer it towards the nearest Warhammertm store and just loot them

I mean don't try to turn things rioty, but if it's happening anyway you could nick some aeldari and throw sigmarines at the police or nazis.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Bad Decision Dino posted:

As an Eldar player I cannot wait to forge the exciting narrative where I throw all my Aeldari in the Ur-dumpster.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
please don't put Aeldar in my-dumpster

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

my only takeaway from this thread is that people who Give GW Money are much happier, in general :ohdear:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Moola posted:

please don't put Aeldar in my-dumpster

You said otherwise last night! :grin:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Saint Drogo posted:

my only takeaway from this thread is that people who Give GW Money are much happier, in general :ohdear:

Idk dude, I'm really enjoying my $12 Chicago express and even my $100 food chain magnate games, compared to the $100 tau mech I also bought. That continues to sit in the box unpainted while I get utility from working on these gundam figures that have an internal skeleton.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Please not loving Gundam again.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Chill la Chill posted:

Idk dude, I'm really enjoying my $12 Chicago express and even my $100 food chain magnate games, compared to the $100 tau mech I also bought. That continues to sit in the box unpainted while I get utility from working on these gundam figures that have an internal skeleton.

what dudes are you working on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Bad Decision Dino posted:

yesss

• Locked thread