Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I'm epilot5280 on xbone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Laminator posted:

Not unless you like blowing poo poo up and being awesome

Well then. Request sent.
Zombieatak oA

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I've played with zombie, he's a good dude.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ol Standard Retard posted:

not a mystery but holy poo poo:

it didn't even make it out of NC until 2010. A legit American success story.

I'll have a chicken strips tray with double hushpuppies, regular old west style, regular cookout style, and cheerwine

*vomits the last 4 Milwaukee's Bests out the car door into the drive-thru lane*

I've returned from my alternate Bearstien reality to confirm I do have hush puppies here

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Info on They Shall Not Pass DLC is up: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-1-they-shall-not-pass-dlc-detailed-in-/1100-6447210/

Four new maps, new tank, new behemoth is a tank, new melee-focused elite class, new field gun, and a new mode that's a rush/conquest hybrid. No mention of new firearms, but I have to think there will be a few.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Siege howitzer gonna be a powered up emplaced mortar, that's p boss.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dinosaurs! posted:

Info on They Shall Not Pass DLC is up: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-1-they-shall-not-pass-dlc-detailed-in-/1100-6447210/

Four new maps, new tank, new behemoth is a tank, new melee-focused elite class, new field gun, and a new mode that's a rush/conquest hybrid. No mention of new firearms, but I have to think there will be a few.

was kinda hoping they'd put out a french themed single player campaign. Like 2 or 3 missions. Id be boss kinda.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Chemmy posted:

I've played with zombie, he's a good dude.

Lies. All lies! I'm a pubbie in goon clothing.

I mostly just absorb bullets and poo poo medpacks and ammo while trying to keep up with you and Sk8ter. I did go 17-11 the other night in Conquest, so I got that going for me. Though, I think it was less skill and more that I just lucked into a superbad pubbie shooting gallery.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 24, 2017

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Standing on the objective (not two feet from it) and throwing ammo to the guys on your team who are crapping on the enemy makes you roughly 10x as useful as the average pubbie.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
New non behemoth tank is the st chamond, which is a French heavy tank. Looks bulky. Give me maneuverability dice.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Who needs maneuverability when you have 20 machine guns

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Dinosaurs! posted:

new melee-focused elite class

yyyyyyyyyessssssssssssssssssssssss

FastestGunAlive posted:

New non behemoth tank is the st chamond, which is a French heavy tank. Looks bulky. Give me maneuverability dice.

dice posted:

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Gonna own hard when you cover that thing in dynamite, AT mines and limpets.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

French Engineering at its finest

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Will that new hybrid conquest/Rush mode be playable on the old maps as well?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Chemmy posted:

Standing on the objective (not two feet from it) and throwing ammo to the guys on your team who are crapping on the enemy makes you roughly 10x as useful as the average pubbie.

Grenades for everyone! :homebrew:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

As your community tanklord I look forward to somehow taking first place on the scoreboard with the new tank . I've done first place with squad support landships!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Hope they up player count for this rush conquest hybrid.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I really doubt it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

FastestGunAlive posted:

Hope they up player count for this rush conquest hybrid.

We're on modern consoles here. How about trying out 40vs40 for once. Maybe one day it can be 50 vs 50

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

We're on modern consoles here. How about trying out 40vs40 for once. Maybe one day it can be 50 vs 50

I think it's a network limitation. It's some sort of balance between processing power to track everything, network to be able to share everything (and that grows exponentially) and tick rate.

In my opinion 32 v 32 is an awful lot of people as evidenced by some of the choke points on Operations. If :dice: did a better job funneling people into each other rather than letting 15 people on each team lay down on a mountain 150m away you'd get that "50 v 50" chaos you're looking for.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yea I don't want 32 on 32 rush. What a poo poo show. Although so many easy arty truck kills....

12 v 12 is too weak as it stands. Upping each side to 18 might be good enough.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

If this map is anything like Locker.... :getin:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Yea I don't want 32 on 32 rush. What a poo poo show. Although so many easy arty truck kills....

12 v 12 is too weak as it stands. Upping each side to 18 might be good enough.
16v16 in BF4 always seemed to work out decently well.

Also I don't see why they wouldn't be able to put Frontlines on the original maps. Pretty much every map has a linear sequence of points you could use.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I think so

Beastie posted:

I really doubt it.

battlefront introduced a new game mode after launch that got backported to all the existing maps, I don't see why they couldn't do that here

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This is my first Battlefield in a long time and the first one I've actually played enough to want more maps -- should I just pony up for the premium pass or does that price in some cosmetic/early access stuff I don't care about? Does that ever get cheaper (on PS4)?

Chemmy posted:

I never realized how much points there were to be had resupplying, mostly cause I never live long enough/use special weapons to really need more ammo and I was just projecting that they're useless to everyone else.

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 25, 2017

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I never realized how much points there were to be had resupplying, mostly cause I never live long enough/use special weapons to really need more ammo and I was just projecting that they're useless to everyone else.

I use the AT rocket gun as my primary on the larger maps and that means I'm out of ammunition I dunno, 15 seconds after I spawn. I love when friends run supplies for me :)

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Jumping on for a bit if anyone is down to shoot mans.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

This is my first Battlefield in a long time and the first one I've actually played enough to want more maps -- should I just pony up for the premium pass or does that price in some cosmetic/early access stuff I don't care about? Does that ever get cheaper (on PS4)?

You get a legendary battlepack every month and (I think) 2 week early access when new expansions come out. I don't remember how often it went on sale for BF4 but it was probably close to the end of the release cycle or after all the map packs were added.

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I use the AT rocket gun as my primary on the larger maps and that means I'm out of ammunition I dunno, 15 seconds after I spawn. I love when friends run supplies for me :)

:respek:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Problem with the mappacks, at least in previous games, was that they segmented them out in such a way that usually nobody was left playing the "old" map-packs once the new ones came out.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: Nvm

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Problem with the mappacks, at least in previous games, was that they segmented them out in such a way that usually nobody was left playing the "old" map-packs once the new ones came out.

The same is true for game modes in some games where they keep adding those. Hate it.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

My first battlefield as well.

I think about half the time I'm resupplying myself because endless grenades are awesome.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don't see that :dice: has fixed the problem of splitting the player base yet. Yes, I want the new maps. But we all know that 1 month after the release of a map-pack we will be back to vanilla because:

1: This is what has happened with every BF game I've played on console, starting with Bad Company 2.

2: Not everyone in our respective circles will purchase. Since we are not total cunts we find it better to play with more of our friends than to exclude them for NEW MAPS.

3: I've never been too impressed with the new map releases. Vietnam for BC2 was great but guess what. 2 months later we were back to vanilla.

4: Season pass holders will have two weeks to play the new maps providing a trip report along the lines of 'It's cool but in two weeks when the rest of you can buy the maps individually we'll probably move back to the standard rotation."

This is why I'm not giving them my money for a season pass. I mean hell, look at Battlefront. Half the time you can't even find a server using the maps released in the middle.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Will there be servers with vanilla+DLC maps interchanged? Or is it just one or the other?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Beastie posted:

I don't see that :dice: has fixed the problem of splitting the player base yet. Yes, I want the new maps. But we all know that 1 month after the release of a map-pack we will be back to vanilla because:

1: This is what has happened with every BF game I've played on console, starting with Bad Company 2.

2: Not everyone in our respective circles will purchase. Since we are not total cunts we find it better to play with more of our friends than to exclude them for NEW MAPS.

3: I've never been too impressed with the new map releases. Vietnam for BC2 was great but guess what. 2 months later we were back to vanilla.

4: Season pass holders will have two weeks to play the new maps providing a trip report along the lines of 'It's cool but in two weeks when the rest of you can buy the maps individually we'll probably move back to the standard rotation."

This is why I'm not giving them my money for a season pass. I mean hell, look at Battlefront. Half the time you can't even find a server using the maps released in the middle.

Would be pretty cool if they adopted the TitanFall 2 model and made the map-packs free + shoved them in a patch so everyone automatically had them. Then add them to the default map rotation and be done with it.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Yes but then no one will pay them $50 for maps.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Chemmy posted:

Yes but then no one will pay them $50 for maps.

Just sell a bunch of cosmetic bullshit, works for every other game known to man these days

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Everyone gets new maps but if you want to unlock the new French weapons and get new poo poo skins from the poo poo battlepacks, gotta pony up that cash. Dog tags, cheevos, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
PSKREW ASSEMBLE

workin on my rocketry ballistics (I screwed up the punchline because I had to go shootgun a man almost exactly as the uber-long distance kill landed).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4TDPsSohfM