Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Training droid event always me laugh. Does anyone at level 80+ actually need more training droids? Last time I checked, I think I had around 50million credits worth of training droids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

958-893-282

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Training droid event always me laugh. Does anyone at level 80+ actually need more training droids? Last time I checked, I think I had around 50million credits worth of training droids.

Yeah, even if you've got all the toons maxed that you want, you're still going to have enough droids.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, even if you've got all the toons maxed that you want, you're still going to have enough droids.

two-step has complained about not having enough droids

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

I'm working on my last Droid for my Droid team. IG-88 and HK are both Gear Level 10. IG-86 will be there soon. I just need level and gear Engineering and I think I'm done? Datcha is already set.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

I'm working on my last Droid for my Droid team. IG-88 and HK are both Gear Level 10. IG-86 will be there soon. I just need level and gear Engineering and I think I'm done? Datcha is already set.

NOT THOSE DROIDS! HAHAHAHA IDIOT!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Datcha is really bad. You definitely want JE and Chief Nebit for raids.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Datcha is really bad. You definitely want JE and Chief Nebit for raids.

Right, I meant Nebit. I have him geared & level'd too. I always get them mixed up.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

They should let you donate those droids to good homes (for anyone in the 70s like me who is unlocking a bunch of jerks, finally, at once)

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

Yeah, I am just leveling people for the fun of it now, but I do run out of training droids if I am not leveling up mods which eats up all my credits.

I suppose I should probably start saving credits, we are getting close to due for another level cap raise I imagine (ugh).

Some hilarity on Reddit today, when someone complained about the gear grind and one of the devs replied with:

quote:

Keep in mind that just because YOU do not find something needed or useful, that doesn't mean it isn't valuable to someone else.

That reply got downvoted to oblivion. Even the whaliest of whales has way too many mk 5 laptops.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

That reply got downvoted to oblivion. Even the whaliest of whales has way too many mk 5 laptops.

The worst is having to choose between mk3 Callers and the syringes...

Or getting electrobinoculars. I have 1200, but to make the item, you need to farm 50 of this other component at 10 energy with terrible droprates.

The. Worst. Devs. Ever.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 24, 2017

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Malgrin posted:

The worst is having to choose between mk3 Callers and the syringes...

Or getting electrobinoculars. I have 1200, but to make the item, you need to farm 50 of this other component at 10 energy with terrible droprates.

The. Worst. Devs. Ever.

Oh that gets even worse?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

Oh that gets even worse?

The gear grind never gets better. If I ever quit this game...it will probably be due to the gear grind. Everything past G8 is horrific.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

The gear grind never gets better. If I ever quit this game...it will probably be due to the gear grind. Everything past G8 is horrific.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
OK, GK led arena teams are starting to show up on my shard, and they are horrific. If IGD can't manage to start doing heroic tank, I might have to pull a Mal and go join some pubbies, I really don't want to fall so far behind I can't keep up. We kinda need to decide if we are going to be tryhards (at least in one guild) or not.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

two_step posted:

OK, GK led arena teams are starting to show up on my shard, and they are horrific. If IGD can't manage to start doing heroic tank, I might have to pull a Mal and go join some pubbies, I really don't want to fall so far behind I can't keep up. We kinda need to decide if we are going to be tryhards (at least in one guild) or not.

I just need to mod my P1 Rancor team for real and my droids, and I think I'm sudo ready to gently caress on that front.

We only have like 20 dudes who contribute serious damage, though.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Yeah, GK is a serious bully.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

two_step posted:

I'm in the same boat two_step, if Mal won't hook us up with some sweet Team Instinct vouches (Hi Mal!). I'd suggesting trying with team skunk (google lord skunk, they've got open applications at least), I've seen their squads hit the leader boards multiple times in the last few months, plus they do some baller guides and a podcast thing that I don't listen too, because I struggle to listen to over enthusiastic nerds, never mind listening to my own voice :v:.

Kind of annoying that raid Han could never ever be described as OP but GK sure as hell can.

I am 1 more zeta away from getting my first :getin: still not sure if I go for Vader or Boba (both in arena team), Cody's sounds nice but he is so pathetically weak, and Echo's heal off basic doesn't really keep clones going all that much longer with how high damage is these days, I don't think +5% protection on basic is really going to improve clone survivability all that much. Bariss' would be great but my Jedi while quite high level with JKA/QGJ/Yoda at G11, Ahsoka, Lumi, Aayla, Bariss at G10 I don't think Jedi are really up there without GK to tie them all together, same line of thinking for QGJ zeta.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 25, 2017

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

rocket_Magnet posted:

I'm in the same boat two_step, if Mal won't hook us up with some sweet Team Instinct vouches (Hi Mal!). I'd suggesting trying with team skunk (google lord skunk, they've got open applications at least), I've seen their squads hit the leader boards multiple times in the last few months, plus they do some baller guides and a podcast thing that I don't listen too, because I struggle to listen to over enthusiastic nerds, never mind listening to my own voice :v:.

I'm also mulling it over as well (Siege in game), I really like IGD and the people but trying to gear up using normal tank raids is a joke and I really want Kenobi.

I think the biggest problem we have is that whenever we lose an established player it's a huge hit to the guild because it takes months for new players to get up to standard, attrition will always be a killer with closed recruitment.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rocket_Magnet posted:

I mean, if anyone wants to join TI, I can put a good word in for you, but I don't think we're actively recruiting right now. We're at 250 members, and openings fill before they're open -- basically someone says they're moving on, and a dozen people are ready to fill it before they leave. Maybe at some point we'll try to expand to 300, but that's a lot of work, and TI are actually pretty selective -- I'm not sure how I got in/I got really lucky in knowing people. Also, I'd feel pretty bad if I caused the collapse of goon guilds, although I realize this game is unlikely to sustain two goon guilds forever regardless.

Also, be really careful about joining Team Skunk. He has a really bad rep.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4fwz6p/be_wary_of_who_you_supportfollow/

In the comments:

"MOD Cybannus" posted:

LordSkunk has been permanently banned from posting/advertising on this sub for a very long time due to vote manipulation and ban evasion.
All posts linking to any of his content gets auto-removed.
We take anyone lying to or cheating the swgoh community very seriously.

I know there's a lot more sketchy stuff around him, but I can't find it atm

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Hahahahahah no no more grind

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Malgrin posted:

I mean, if anyone wants to join TI, I can put a good word in for you, but I don't think we're actively recruiting right now. We're at 250 members, and openings fill before they're open -- basically someone says they're moving on, and a dozen people are ready to fill it before they leave. Maybe at some point we'll try to expand to 300, but that's a lot of work, and TI are actually pretty selective -- I'm not sure how I got in/I got really lucky in knowing people. Also, I'd feel pretty bad if I caused the collapse of goon guilds, although I realize this game is unlikely to sustain two goon guilds forever regardless.

Also, be really careful about joining Team Skunk. He has a really bad rep.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4fwz6p/be_wary_of_who_you_supportfollow/

In the comments:

I know there's a lot more sketchy stuff around him, but I can't find it atm

hahaha, what the gently caress.

Cheers for the headsup I totally missed that :staredog:

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

two_step posted:

I say let's take a shot at heroic.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

Hahahahahah no no more grind

But the grind is the game, and we love the game :shepface:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The grind hurts, and I deserve it

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

welp, time to start farming mods :(

Sorry Wedge, gonna be a bit longer until you can get to 6 and 7*

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009

two_step posted:

I might have to pull a Mal

We do not speak the traitors name!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Aadoniel posted:

We do not speak the traitors name!

I'm standing right here.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

This may be the stupidest loving question, but what's the best way to make money in this game? Need a Mil to 7 Star my Lando.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Maybe we could take some of the more active QGJ folk in?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

two_step posted:

I think before we get drastic, let's wait and see what comes with the new updates/characters. GK is obviously OP and we all want him, but I'd be surprised if they don't keep the power creep going with the new Empire guys, who won't be raid-locked. As for the raid gear, yea that bites. However, if you're strategic with your crystals and/or drop a little $$$ (and I know you do!) you can buy raid gear here and there from the shop for your guys who really need it. Buying the dark half of those gold eyeballs for 750 to pair with the challenge pieces isn't too bad of a deal compared to other /50 gear for 1400 like Stun Cuffs. But yea the attrition the guild has taken from people leaving is stalling us out and there's no real solution. But a pub guild ain't gonna get you anywhere, you'd have to get into a more elite guild.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So that I'm not the only person kicking off raids in IGD, if you'd like to be an officer please let me know. Sometimes I have stuff going on and can't start the raid on schedule, any officer is free to kick one off.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

That Team Skunk link I just read posted above is loving hilarious. What game does he think he's in, Eve?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Danzel Glovington posted:

welp, time to start farming mods :(

Sorry Wedge, gonna be a bit longer until you can get to 6 and 7*

Do not stop farming wedge. He is way too important, and one of the toons you SHOULD be farming mods for.

The man called M posted:

This may be the stupidest loving question, but what's the best way to make money in this game? Need a Mil to 7 Star my Lando.

like 600k every day for GW.

3-20m every time a credit heist comes around. It's random, but you mostly wind up getting ~5m each time it comes around.

360k (at max level) every 3 days from challenges.

Credits are also rewarded from prize purses in guild raids. The range varies based on where you place.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jan 25, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

So that I'm not the only person kicking off raids in IGD, if you'd like to be an officer please let me know. Sometimes I have stuff going on and can't start the raid on schedule, any officer is free to kick one off.

You can occifer me, Dave, I'm always playing this stupid game. I was a QGJ officer before I moved over.

I also second a realignment of the guilds. It blows for those dudes who keep not getting to be carried through Heroic Rancor, but at the same time... our better guild is only like 5 good stables away from doing heroic tank.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
How does one build the "raid" maul that does entire phases by himself? Also droids are getting a bit weak so I need to set up a new team. Since they said they are focused on dark side I figure I may as well try a dark side team. What's the good options for FTP?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

3-20m every time a credit heist comes around. It's random, but you mostly wind up getting ~5m each time it comes around.

If I recall correctly, the rewards from credit heist don't get above 3m until you hit tier 3, so working on your scoundrels is probably good advice in terms of cash flow. Lando/STH/Boba/IG-88 + whoever else (per the OP).

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

xyigx posted:

How does one build the "raid" maul that does entire phases by himself? Also droids are getting a bit weak so I need to set up a new team. Since they said they are focused on dark side I figure I may as well try a dark side team. What's the good options for FTP?

Emperor Palp if you got him from the event, Boba Fett, Vader, Royal Guard, Tie Fighter Pilot, and apparently Asaj Ventress can be made useful now as a counter to Baze and Shore Trooper

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Lets be loving real honest, folks.

The toons are somewhat fungible, what you need is speed mods. Speed Speed Speed.

You'll place top 50 with the right toons, but you'll never break top 20 without full speed mods, and this game is just the loving worst because of that.

That being said, Dark side team is:

Emporer Palpatine
Darth Vader
Royal Guard
Boba Fett
TIE Fighter Pilot

OR

Darth Zeta'er
Boba Fett
TIE fighter pilot
Royal Guard
Shore Trooper/Palpatine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

xyigx posted:

As far as Maul, my understanding is he just does it without any special build, one of his abilities when omega'd makes him gain max health for every attack so if he gets enough hits in before the enrage phase he becomes pretty much immortal