Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Please God call CPS :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Rocket, an anthropomorphic raccoon(?), has been naked for several panels wherein he has punched a coyote over garbage, ate said garbage and is now being manhandled by a motel owner who thinks he's a child in a costume.

If im on somekind of drug trip I don't want to come down.

Also, this can only end one way.
https://youtu.be/YGVl-Hc2jE0

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
That man is about to die horribly

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"All of this time I wondered why they say 'white trash'. Now I know, I guess." (Motel owner, probably.)

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
He's going to give Rocket his sandwiches.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Speaking of Tuesday

"Also why aren't you wearing your coat anymore? Wait they ignored you after going to bed , without feeding you? To the point you're rooting around in trash and fighting coyotes for scraps? "

Peter better be in jail soon is all I'm saying.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh jesus, I can't stop laughing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

peter can't possibly look more like he's gonna murder that raccoon

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The World's Greatest Superhero.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I would love to show panel 2 to someone unfamiliar with this strip and have them try to guess what the hell kind of comic it is.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Holy god I cannot stop laughing at panel 2

Peter is a broken shell of a man who just cannot give a single gently caress about anything in his ridiculous life any more, those eyes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This is valhalla

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

thank you for returning our son

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

techknight posted:

thank you for returning our son

what were you doing outside in the middle of the night while naked
I was fighting a coyote over a trash can because I was hungry

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?
Pete is getting awfully handsy with that naked raccoon-man's crotch.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Innkeeper: sir I found your son. He was lost out in the cold tonight, near delirious in that filthy costume--

Spider-Man (blankly):

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CapnAndy posted:

Holy god I cannot stop laughing at panel 2

Peter is a broken shell of a man who just cannot give a single gently caress about anything in his ridiculous life any more, those eyes

He just wanted more than 2 hours sleep for ONCE goddammit.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Thanks."

It's perfect, absolutely perfect in every way.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
It's nice at least that Peter and MJ are still married in newspaper-verse.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Syncopated posted:

It's nice at least that Peter and MJ are still married in newspaper-verse.

The newspaper strip is actually the entire reason they got married. By the time Stan got the idea to marry Peter and MJ together in the newspaper strip, MJ had already been mostly written out of the books. But then someone got the idea of doing the marriage in the strip, comic, and I think on TV in some special, simultaneously. So MJ was quickly re-introduced into the books and Harry and Liz set them on some incredibly awkward double date to get their romantic plot going.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

notthegoatseguy posted:

The newspaper strip is actually the entire reason they got married. By the time Stan got the idea to marry Peter and MJ together in the newspaper strip, MJ had already been mostly written out of the books. But then someone got the idea of doing the marriage in the strip, comic, and I think on TV in some special, simultaneously. So MJ was quickly re-introduced into the books and Harry and Liz set them on some incredibly awkward double date to get their romantic plot going.

The more you know. But then in the regular comics Peter made a deal with the devil etc right?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

notthegoatseguy posted:

MJ had already been mostly written out of the books
That's just crazy.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Syncopated posted:

The more you know. But then in the regular comics Peter made a deal with the devil etc right?

Yeah, because a whole bunch of nerds were still upset about the marriage. Luckily if you want a Peter/MJ book Renew Your Vows is a thing and very good. They even have a (non-raccoon) child!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, because a whole bunch of nerds were Joe Quesada was still upset about the marriage. Luckily if you want a Peter/MJ book Renew Your Vows is a thing and very good. They even have a (non-raccoon) child!

Fixed it for you :argh:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, because a whole bunch of nerds were still upset about the marriage.

No nerd was upset about the marriage after 20 years. It was an editorial mandate. e: beaten

By the way, this year will see the 10th anniversary of One More Day.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

notthegoatseguy posted:

It wasn't that hasty, didn't MJ come back to the comic in 83, and the marriage wasn't until 87. Or did she peace out again after telling Pete she knew he was Spider-Man all along?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

One More Day: Still as stupid today as it was a decade again and no less incoherent.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

(non-raccoon) child!

What's even the point unless said child puts on a raccoon suit and punches coyotes at 2AM?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I also liketo point out that the reason Peter and MJ are still married in NSM is because Stan Lee took one look at One More Day and went "NOPE, not in my cannon."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

SilverSupernova posted:

What's even the point unless said child puts on a raccoon suit and punches coyotes at 2AM?

She puts on a spider costume and punches moloids, not all that different.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

It's different enough.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Still, at least it's a silver medal. Can anyone REALLY compete with 'naked raccoon man punches wild dog to eat trash'?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Still, at least it's a silver medal. Can anyone REALLY compete with 'naked raccoon man punches wild dog to eat trash'?

She rides a dinosaur at one point.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

flosofl posted:

She rides a dinosaur at one point.

Yeah, but we haven't even seen the end of this storyline yet.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Syncopated posted:

Yeah, but we haven't even seen the end of this storyline yet.

I don't think we ever will.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

David D. Davidson posted:

I also liketo point out that the reason Peter and MJ are still married in NSM is because Stan Lee took one look at One More Day and went "NOPE, not in my cannon."

Bless Stan Lee and bless Newspaper Spiderman.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Tiggum posted:

That's not even unusual for newspaper Spider-Man. He's been to a doctor's appointment with his costume on underneath his clothes, he's tried to board an aeroplane in costume, he's showed up repeatedly on the set of one of MJ's films in costume (which made everyone there think she must be having an affair with Spider-Man behind Peter's back). Protecting his secret identity is basically his number one concern and yet is absolutely terrible at it.

I just wanted to add my favorite "Spider-Man is bad at protecting his identity" thing. It was after the Kraven thing with the diamond stealing monkeys, Peter wanted to go to California but JJJ wouldn't pay for a plane ticket. So what does Peter do? Standing on the side of the road, out of costume he shoots webbing onto the back of a passing semi trailer, makes a web hammock, and lies down in it. Again, out of costume.

I think this was after he was in a car with a guy who pulled a gun on him and he crushed it with his bare hand. Though given that mutants do exist in the NSM universe I guess that wouldn't necessarily connect him to Spider-Man.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Twelve by Pies posted:

I just wanted to add my favorite "Spider-Man is bad at protecting his identity" thing. It was after the Kraven thing with the diamond stealing monkeys, Peter wanted to go to California but JJJ wouldn't pay for a plane ticket. So what does Peter do? Standing on the side of the road, out of costume he shoots webbing onto the back of a passing semi trailer, makes a web hammock, and lies down in it. Again, out of costume.

I think this was after he was in a car with a guy who pulled a gun on him and he crushed it with his bare hand. Though given that mutants do exist in the NSM universe I guess that wouldn't necessarily connect him to Spider-Man.
I think it was technically in between the cab and the trailer, which is a little better, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

It was after the Kraven thing with the diamond stealing monkeys

I'm pretty sure this is not what you meant, but I'm choosing to parse this as a diamond that was stealing monkeys.

• Locked thread