Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HORMELCHILI posted:

i think youre going to have to saso the colorado exclusive target for that outfit?

no just win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

God now I want individual customization so I could run Santa 47 with the 10 Gallon Hat.

Season 2 baby.. anything could happen

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

horses are for friends, so i don't have one

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Colorado is the only map I haven't gotten SASO on yet. That elusive target will probably kick my rear end.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

oh cool. i missed the last elusive target but i want that winter coat so i hope the future ETs still count

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

quote:

At 14:00 CET / 05:00 PT on Friday 13th January, we’ll update the Elusive Target tile on the Featured Hub in-game and the contract will be live. Elusive Target #18 will be in Colorado for 7 days (168 hours) and there won’t be any second chances. Remember that an Elusive Target cannot be restarted once any targets have been eliminated or any objectives have been completed.

Elusive Target 18 has two objectives AND special contract conditions apply:

Objectives: (1) Eliminate Richard M. Foreman & (2) Retrieve Documents.
Special Contract Conditions: Eliminate the target with a non-explosion accident.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol theyre trying to get people to try other SA ET methods than "place a breaching charge on a fire extinguisher"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i would like to see silverballer only. or sniper

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It'd be nice if there was ever an opportunity to snipe an ET and still get Silent Assassin. Like, have the target leaning over to look into the slurry pit and a headshot launches him over the railing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The new marrakesh escalation taught me that waiter has access to the headmaster hallway.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
this game is insanely good

I managed to get myself into a firefight in colorado, and literally everyone starts hounding me, with flanking and multiple angles covered etc

I say screw it and try to break through a group of five in one of the patrol "tunnels" and manage to full auto 4 of them missing 1 completely

the last one calmly calls out the "caucasian male in a uniform, with very bad aim" while killing me :mad:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I kind of miss being able to go properly Rambo like in Blood Money but 47 no longer being an invincible terminator capable of mowing down dozens of men with machine guns and bazookas is definitely better for the game overall.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I hope season 2 has some kind of body armor unlock. The game throws all these automatic and unsilenced weapons at you, but there's never really a chance to use them. The only time I go on murder sprees in this game is when an NPC ruins a SASO run and I let off some steam.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah unsilenced weapons as mastery rewards make no sense, yet, but it would be cool if they added "unsilenced balistic kill" or something to a contract condition

I mean they can specify non explosion accident for this ET, it shouldn't be that hard

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I managed to silently kill the Elusive Target without being spotted but when I was retrieving the files a hacker wandered in and got suspicious so I didn't get SA. lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SOLDIER: sir, the general appears to have fallen out of a window and died

HACKER: hm... thinking about it... I saw a guy look at a laptop earlier

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Someone may have linked this in here already but I was thinking abotu speedruns because of AGDQ and here's all of Hitman Season 1 silent assassin in 8 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ActsxN786ok

ffffuck

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I cleared the top floor, retrieved the files, and dumped him over the railing with everything going smoothly. Rose and his bodyguard walked in right after so I waited for them to leave, but then a hacker spotted me picking the lock to the basement door. Still beat it but no SA. I used the Colorado suit on all the Master Sniper challenges and to SASO The Icon.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

WindyMan posted:

I had an idea about the possibility of IO/SE allowing the replay/retry of elusive targets, but it got downvoted to hell on Reddit. Let me float it here.

First, let's respect the fact that the ETs cost development resources. The assumption is that IO would be crazy to not revisit or outright release all of the elusives in some capacity down the road, because they have a lot revenue potential one way or another. However, if IO is really hell-bent on sticking to their one-time only nature, a policy that may be the only way to truly make them high-pressure hits, we have to also consider the potential for them to never come back.

I think there's a middle ground here, one that would be controversial on the surface but definitely fair and more preferable to the ETs never returning at all.

It would work by adding to the current system for elusive targets. Initially nothing would change. After one goes live you can do your recon runs and everything but once you commit to an objective there are no retries. You either succeed or you die. It's after this point where my idea takes shape:

- If you fail the elusive target, you can either never retry it again (like currently) or optionally buy an elusive target retry pass for a nominal cost. Say, $0.99 for 1 or a pack of 6 for $5. One pass will let you attempt any one elusive target one additional time.
- To soften the fact that optional microtransactions would be added the game, the reward to completing an elusive target is that target being added to the game menus for unlimited sandbox use. If you beat the ET on the first (free) try, you get that content for free. If you pay to get a retry pass and succeed, you'll at least be getting more content for the game for what you paid.
- Any past ETs completed before such a system is implemented would be automatically added to your game.
- If you missed a past ET, this system also gives you a chance to go back and complete it, which again is preferable to never getting the chance at all.

I feel that this would keep the high-pressure environment of the elusive targets and still allow those that really want or need the ability to replay them to do so without spoiling the experience. It would also be a win for the players (more sandbox targets) and for the developer (more revenue to continue doing ETs).

Your thoughts?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lord have mercy

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I didn't read that post btw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Neither did I MeatwadisGod

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i read it, and it basically describes a very bad idea

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/824240791006642176

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yes YES. hitman goty 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That sounds awesome

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i wonder if it'll be available on every mission or just main ones. sounds like they'd have to rebalance every single escalation lol. holes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i wonder if it'll be available on every mission or just main ones. sounds like they'd have to rebalance every single escalation lol. holes

if you read the article, its just on main missions, and you need to be level 20 on a level to unlock it for that level

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sounds like it will just be a main mission modifier which Im ok with.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

OH loving christ. Im going to have to SASO a Bangkok map with even more cameras. FFuuuuuuuuu

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

OH loving christ. Im going to have to SASO a Bangkok map with even more cameras. FFuuuuuuuuu

Professional Modifier: All drainpipes will now electrocute you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh also new ET this Friday. In Paris. I missed the one in Colorado like a dumbass! I followed the guy around for a bit looking for a good path to jump in and forgot theres a billion places with different trespassing zones and got shot to death on that firing range area lol

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

ninja outfit for professional unlock.... :pray:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

oddium posted:

ninja outfit for professional unlock.... :pray:

that would be so badass

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

wait you have to kill to take disguises in pro mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

wait you have to kill to take disguises in pro mode

It says Clean Kills so I think that means you just cant swap outfits while Hunted or something. Or like if youre in the view of another NPC.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i think it means if you shoot someone in the chest their disguise would be all bloody and bad. but poison and hopefully knock outs would be fine

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I think it means that this was the best 15 USD I will ever spend in my entire life.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oddium posted:

i think it means if you shoot someone in the chest their disguise would be all bloody and bad. but poison and hopefully knock outs would be fine

tbat's what i was thikning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

God bless you IOI

• Locked thread