Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lol if you thought an x-manz character was going to be allowed to be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sorry that juggernaut was playing the way he was supposed to. Can't have that.

For a little bit of the stream on Friday, Asros was playing Juggernaut and he was stopping to punch people.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grinning Goblin posted:

For a little bit of the stream on Friday, Asros was playing Juggernaut and he was stopping to punch people.

What do you mean... "stopping"?

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Grinning Goblin posted:

Yeah he kept stopping to get up from the computer and punch all of his stupid rear end coworkers. Can't blame him honestly.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

lame juggernaut change

on the flipside Thing can still do ult level damage with his hamster ball and MsM and stretch dad untouched

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
In other news you can (on tc after the removal of the -50% cap) get to like ~-80% spirit costs on non-movement guys, -10% extra for physical and -40% extra for movement skills with some any hero uniques

Not that that's a good idea since you're sacrificing damage stats, but there should be several raid builds where you DON*T HAVE TO USE A BASIC wow omg such idea

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sorry that juggernaut was playing the way he was supposed to. Can't have that.
Gaz did a gaz? N-no... it cannot be....

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Book of Demonicus is also getting nerfed down to 30 DR per stack instead of 50. Because simply having to keep up the stack count in this brave new CC immunity-less world isn't enough of a hindrance. :rip:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

All their good ideas for the movement build consisted of making the talent for Elbow Drop actually be called "People's Elbow".

On the other hand, I got to play for a couple minutes before work in the Shield area and missile Iron Man seems kind of hilarious. I hope the damage is decent once I put some gear on him.

Still need to check out Doom, and mess with Colossus and Luke Cage and see if I can make ranged Warfu work.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Storm makes CMM look like a joke. She'll be nerfed to bits although I hope not as she's great for getting xp/money and cosmic reliquaries.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Oh hey, favored attributes update:

Iron Man is going Int/Energy
Magneto is going Int/Energy

Rocket Raccoon is no longer changing and staying as Int/Energy

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

sorry davebo it's genetic, there's not much you can do about it

A sad catalyst.

I hate having sub-optimal cores on my main two dudes so I've been trying to get armored cores for some good ones, but without the ability to transfer the near perfect affixes I have rolled I feel like I shouldn't even bother. I already burned through a lot of cash boxes fruitlessly trying to reroll a orders of the skrull empire flag. I had such a good one but of course +1 all got switched to +1-3 fighting and mine rolled a 1. I need to just chill out until all the guides tell me exactly what to do because screw trying to figure it all out on my own instead of actually playing the game.

Even if the reason isn't new content, it's nice just to have this be my main game again. I mean, it only ever wasn't for like 3 weeks when I was mainly playing gta5 with goons but still.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Grinning Goblin posted:

Magneto is going Int/Energy

God loving dammit I just got him how I want

Magneto has arms bigger than some characters he should absolutely be Int/Dura

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Wilfred Wong pointed out that heroes that have Fighting or Energy have an uphill climb because they have to either sacrifice Crit / Brutal chance respectively to boost their main stats (particularly rough in the case of Rocket and Cable, who have Fighting and Energy as main stats).

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ghostpilot posted:

Wilfred Wong pointed out that heroes that have Fighting or Energy have an uphill climb because they have to either sacrifice Crit / Brutal chance respectively to boost their main stats (particularly rough in the case of Rocket and Cable, who have Fighting and Energy as main stats).

Should have split Crit/Brut/CDmg/BDmg across 4 Attributes.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ghostpilot posted:

People with a Speed primary and people who have Movement tagged skills (and what a fun overlap it is when you've got both!) have an uphill climb against "wanting to even play this character" because they compete with the most important stat: passive movement speed.

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012

Grinning Goblin posted:

Oh hey, favored attributes update:

Iron Man is going Int/Energy

Thank god, don't have to mess with the Jinn I spent ages rerolling (or do I? Or will I when Omega items hit? Who knows!) I'm no stranger to having to regear/respec characters after a major patch, but so much has changed here I just feel completely out of my depth. I really want to love this game (I yellow'd Blade ffs), marvel themed ARPG is pretty much the best combination you could give me. I just hope now they've put this new groundwork in they have something to build from but I know that hope is a lie :(

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ghostpilot posted:

I don't know who he is, but he's obviously looking at Infinity in a vacuum.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Gonna have to sacrifice that ~3% brute chance from omeggles and miss out on that sick damage that's a modifier of a chance of ANOTHER modifier of ANOTHER chance of ANOTHER modifier (with regards to attack speed). What a loss.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Oh hell yea Missile Man was the best :allears:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Anyone know how Gaz is actually doing financially? I'm almost wondering if they'll even be able to survive until Omega Items are released.

I honestly can't see many people playing this flaming wreck of a game for much longer.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The power of Marvel overcomes all.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

No one knows because they are a privately held company, but I am sure they are doing better than the echo chambers on the internet would have you believe.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

davebo posted:

but without the ability to transfer the near perfect affixes I have rolled I feel like I shouldn't even bother.

good news, that recipe is fixed and coming in the next patch

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

madcow posted:

No one knows because they are a privately held company, but I am sure they are doing better than the echo chambers on the internet would have you believe.

Pretty much. Like you can keep ticking along endlessly.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

MMAgCh posted:

Book of Demonicus is also getting nerfed down to 30 DR per stack instead of 50. Because simply having to keep up the stack count in this brave new CC immunity-less world isn't enough of a hindrance. :rip:

more good news, next patch will see the return of diminishing CC effectiveness, just like before this update

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Anyone know how Gaz is actually doing financially? I'm almost wondering if they'll even be able to survive until Omega Items are released.

I honestly can't see many people playing this flaming wreck of a game for much longer.

What is dead can never die

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Giedroyc posted:

Storm makes CMM look like a joke. She'll be nerfed to bits although I hope not as she's great for getting xp/money and cosmic reliquaries.

I tried to level her and quit after level 7. When does she get fun?

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

That has been the status since the game has released, basically. Everybody is like "nobody would play this poo poo game" and then we all play this poo poo game.

I think the prospect of being able to play a wide variety of popular heroes in a somewhat older-school action RPG is very attractive to a good number of people, even if it is a trainwreck.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

The new patch is good, I hated Diablo 2's skill system and Diablo 3's is much better.

How do the infinity gems work? Is it a parallel pool to spend in each gem? Do infinity levels persist across characters?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Their other game shut down last week, apparently.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I wonder if the Steam response to the patch has made them consider rushing the rebrand to wipe out all the negative reviews, or if it's made them hesitant about pushing out a rebrand and losing all the positive reviews.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I really shouldn't have played Squirrel Girl today because she's really fun + strong as a summoner and I am to understand that they're moving her off of Int-scaling (and thus, making all the +summoned ally damage artifacts with +int on them kinda lovely for her) in the next patch, for Lore Reasons.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

LordSaturn posted:

The new patch is good, I hated Diablo 2's skill system and Diablo 3's is much better.

How do the infinity gems work? Is it a parallel pool to spend in each gem? Do infinity levels persist across characters?
They're individual pools that fill up in sequence - so you earn a point in one gem then the next. Your total points persist across characters but allocating them is a per-character choice.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

I wonder if the Steam response to the patch has made them consider rushing the rebrand to wipe out all the negative reviews, or if it's made them hesitant about pushing out a rebrand and losing all the positive reviews.

The rebrand didn't reset the reviews for 2016, it only happened from Marvel Heroes -> Marvel Heroes 2015. Not sure if they need to change something else, but if they rebrand soonish then a bunch of people who just wrote negative reviews are probably just going to come back and write them again.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ghostlight posted:

They're individual pools that fill up in sequence - so you earn a point in one gem then the next. Your total points persist across characters but allocating them is a per-character choice.

Is there any kind of reset for them or anything if you want them back, or are you allocating permanent stuff to characters? My lack of poopsocking has left me with only 75 of each. :saddowns:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah they're paragon levels from Diablo 3, except grouped by Lore Themes instead of by core/offensive/defensive/utility.

So like imagine if for some characters you had to choose between +Primary Stat and +Crit Damage, or +Primary Stat and +Movement speed , depending on what their primary stat was. That's the MH difference.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Zaodai posted:

Is there any kind of reset for them or anything if you want them back, or are you allocating permanent stuff to characters? My lack of poopsocking has left me with only 75 of each. :saddowns:
Left click spends, right click refunds. Hold shift to do 10 +/- at a time. Whenever you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Left click spends, right click refunds. Hold shift to do 10 +/- at a time. Whenever you want.

Nice, thanks. I'll mess with it when I get home.