Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

tap my mountain posted:

Good luck trying for all perfect. I stumbled upon the 39th one and gently caress that

I'm really looking forward to the person who finds out what the reward is for that...as well as the first video/stream of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Just played this game again for the first time in a few weeks. Left off at the second Goto-9. Almost managed to do it without spending a Death Metal thanks to Poison Eater and a Lifeshroom. I can see why people wait to do the skip to get rank 4 fighters.

Rinaldi
Dec 29, 2008
Just encountered a frustrating bug in TDM:

I did a raid that I successfully completed within the time limit...I killed all the defenders and destroyed the bank/tank with plenty of time to spare. After that, it cuts to the train, and says I failed. My character then appears in the waiting room naked with an empty death bag and it counted as a loss. This is not my video clip, but it is an example of what happened to me tonight, posted by another person with the same problem: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ndhAzP4z7Y

Super annoying, makes me not want to raid.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Huh, that's a poopy loving bug. Hopefully someone's already tweeted Uncle Senpai with that video.

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm really looking forward to the person who finds out what the reward is for that...as well as the first video/stream of it.
I thought I read someone in this thread say it was 1 skull as if to say "lol gently caress you!"

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jan 20, 2017

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Wow the Heavy Tank premium decal is a beast. 40% max HP increase.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

TopHatGenius posted:

Wow the Heavy Tank premium decal is a beast. 40% max HP increase.

Think I need to start grinding for these decals

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

DaveKap posted:

I thought I read someone in this thread say it was 1 skull as if to say "lol gently caress you!"

Wiki sez it's one DM for collecting all stamps on several distinct sets of floors. I can't find anyone online who's managed a full perfect run yet. Reddit sez that after a full run you can reset them in 10 floor increments. If that's true the process should happen pretty fast.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 20, 2017

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Discendo Vox posted:

Wiki sez it's one DM for collecting all stamps on several distinct sets of floors. I can't find anyone online who's managed a full perfect run yet. Reddit sez that after a full run you can reset them in 10 floor increments. If that's true the process should happen pretty fast.

I wish you could reset individual machines. On floors 31-40 the timer goes soo fast past the beat markers. I haven't done the 39th floor rally but I heard it loving sucks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DaveKap posted:

You're thinking of the "make it from 1f to 40f with no armor, weapons, or decals" quest.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
To be fair, that is the proper reward for a quest like that. There for framing a challenge, good to show off that you succeeded, reward not entirely useless for doing so.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Both extremes are bad. Locking equipment or super rare materials behind such a tough challenge would be a bad idea. 1 death metal is insulting.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Finally made my first 3rd tier armor. Surprisingly upgrading from 4 to 5 star takes soo much less effort then upgrading a 4 star +3 to +4.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
What the gently caress's going on with all these locked grates in the high 30s that don't show any lock symbol on the map? I'm making risky dashes room to room only to find a locked escalator?

I'd assume it's from not yet having beat the Go-To and Jin-Die bosses in the 30s yet but it doesn't even show the red lock or anything, no valve to turn even. This game's giving me trust issues.

edit: I'm convinced the roll is only put into the game to put out fires and to troll people, sprinting and jumping works so much better for actually avoiding attacks :shrug:

HoneyBoy fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 21, 2017

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I've found the roll is a good "oh poo poo" button but yea it's not as useful as say the roll in Dark souls.

I'm currently stuck in grinding hell trying to.get MILK black metal as I've realised my weapons just ain't cutting it at the moment.

Killed the Coen boss but that bloody JIN-DIE bitch hosed me royally.

I will say I'm impressed by the game it's literally the only thing I'm playing at the moment, as a result I've put about £25 into it.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

HoneyBoy posted:

What the gently caress's going on with all these locked grates in the high 30s that don't show any lock symbol on the map? I'm making risky dashes room to room only to find a locked escalator?

I'd assume it's from not yet having beat the Go-To and Jin-Die bosses in the 30s yet but it doesn't even show the red lock or anything, no valve to turn even. This game's giving me trust issues.

edit: I'm convinced the roll is only put into the game to put out fires and to troll people, sprinting and jumping works so much better for actually avoiding attacks :shrug:

Those grates are only there to make the high 30s a lovely maze. There's certainly floors that require you to take a long detour to actually enter from the correct direction.

I think some of them have to open up after beating the game or else that route for farming wakabe via yatsuo is impossible.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

tap my mountain posted:

Those grates are only there to make the high 30s a lovely maze. There's certainly floors that require you to take a long detour to actually enter from the correct direction.

I think some of them have to open up after beating the game or else that route for farming wakabe via yatsuo is impossible.

I noticed after a while it's all the pink lines, they're new in the 30s and there's some on 35F, 36F (where I expect another elevator to be) and 39F.

I gotta say though, I don't like the 4th area as much as the previous two, I feel like there's too much janky platforming to properly fight 5star dev haters and Bullet Tubers and such, I end up avoiding fights that I have no place being in more often than not. Oh well, at least the Sprinter and Gold Heart decals make running across these huge rooms less of a chore.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
4th tier of the tower is bad.

Getting the path to YATSUO is a big pain in the rear end. I think you have to start near floor 39 and take elevators down.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Ugh, 36F Goto gave me my first death since the 29F Reversal Tuber trap room.

I packed mushrooms and everything but completely forgot to bring Stingshrooms, moreover the motherfucker has a giant HP pool and my 4star Pork Chopper +1s were doing piddlyshit damage. Salvage cost was 250k so I said gently caress that and came back with an expedition 5star Motor Psycho and two Slugger decals, hosed him up good and got a red metal for the trouble. RIP my previous fighter, your death was not in vain.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Is it now impossible to actually get the UP box to open up on the color you want? I used to be able to simply open it while the color was changing to guarantee I'd get it at the color it changes to. Now, it won't ever open up on the color I want. I try to do it while changing and it'll revert to the previous color. I'll try to do it while it's solid and it'll jump forward to the next color. I'll try doing it when it's changing and it'll jump forward a color again! Seems like they killed the pattern.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

DaveKap posted:

Is it now impossible to actually get the UP box to open up on the color you want? I used to be able to simply open it while the color was changing to guarantee I'd get it at the color it changes to. Now, it won't ever open up on the color I want. I try to do it while changing and it'll revert to the previous color. I'll try to do it while it's solid and it'll jump forward to the next color. I'll try doing it when it's changing and it'll jump forward a color again! Seems like they killed the pattern.

I was trying to figure out if there was a pattern at all, but I have never seen any direct evidence of one. I figured it was all at the whim of the RNG.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I was ready to one-shot farm Coen but that stupid invisibility glitch happened and it disappeared my Motor Psycho, this poo poo is loving obnoxious

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Whelp I went to finish the game last night and discovered I was hilariously over prepared. I bought a full 5 star set of armor, two zombie choppers, 4 stingshrooms, 4 transparashrooms, and I devoured a dozen gaurdshrooms before the fight.

I didn't need half the shrooms or any of the armor or the second chopper, but who cares I beat the game

Rinaldi
Dec 29, 2008
Looking for advice...I just beat the game and I'm wondering how close I am to being able to reliably/efficiently kill the jackals.

Weapon: the weapon I've upgraded the most is the katana, which is grade 2 +4 ( masamune s +4 I think? ). Other than that I have the cleaver saber A and the base model Pork Chopper. The sniper rifle is base level.

Premium decals I have that seem relevant:
-Legendary hero and Superhero
-Superalloy
-Bull
-Barbarian
-5 leaf clover

I don't have premium raging bull, giantkiller, or serial killer, though I am able to get non-premium versions of the first two.

I could do double barbarian plus legendary hero, non-premium giant killer, and something else or I could do some sort of triple bull without the premium Raging.

Is this enough? Or do I need to spend more time farming for a stronger weapon or decal setup?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
^ I heavily recommend getting that Katana to it's final variant. The durability bug is irrelevant when you aim to kill the Jackals in three hits. (Though you'll want to bring multiple of them for the fight.)

How viable is the sniper rifle jackal kill? I saw a guy throw a tear gas mushroom and then one-shot the jackals with a headshot. But I was unsure what mushrooms or other cheats he was using.
He had two Giant Killers, would probably be outclassed by my two Raging Bulls, so I have that advantage. But I don't have any of the mushrooms that make your next attack do double damage and I'm not sure where to get them.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

HellCopter posted:

But I don't have any of the mushrooms that make your next attack do double damage and I'm not sure where to get them.

Those you get from birds

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
So I just got to 40F behind a locked door, and looking at the map now, there's at least 6 red locks due me not having killed JinDie yet, all put in place to make you trek all around in some warped sense of progression. That's pretty dumb, I'm just trying to get to the secret shop but the one on 39F is locked behind JinDie. It's bad enough to make you go out of your way to find trap rooms and poo poo, breaking weapons along the way only to bring back a black metal, but this roundabout climb is so lame.

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
What's the deal with the very first radio station? I just picked the game up again and it's some crazy punk song every time now, but back when I took a break from the game for a couple of weeks it was just the default "pipe-clank muzak" every time.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Well gently caress me. Looks like that TDM fight suggestion post I made is now rendered moot as this new fight with Spain no longer lets me raid anyone at all. Thanks for cutting my head off, dev. :(

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

DaveKap posted:

Well gently caress me. Looks like that TDM fight suggestion post I made is now rendered moot as this new fight with Spain no longer lets me raid anyone at all. Thanks for cutting my head off, dev. :(

I suspect it's because there are too few players in the Spain group, I had to refresh the list a few times before it gave me someone to raid.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Lifepuzzler posted:

What's the deal with the very first radio station? I just picked the game up again and it's some crazy punk song every time now, but back when I took a break from the game for a couple of weeks it was just the default "pipe-clank muzak" every time.

The first station is "Most popular 3/4 songs," and the second is "random all."
Most people don't change it away from the pipe clank, I think.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm pretty sure the radio automatically changes from the pipe clank to the first radio station the moment you unlock TDM.

I think the most common song is that WE'LL FIGHT TILL WE DIE, which is really silly cause those are always the same waiting rooms with really lovely defenses set up

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 24, 2017

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

tap my mountain posted:

I think the most common song is that WE'LL FIGHT TILL WE DIE, which is really silly cause those are always the same waiting rooms with really lovely defenses set up Mountain Mocha Kilimanjaro exists.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Looks like there's an update in the works. Here are a few translated points:

-4 Horsemen enemies that are supposed to be stronger then the Jackals.
-4th Tier of equipment. (I imagine new metals :suicide:)
-New Weapons
-New Areas
-New Enemies

Picture and information here (All in Japanese): http://www.4gamer.net/games/260/G026040/20170123082/

TopHatGenius fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 25, 2017

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Huh I figured that the chainsaw polearm would be one of the first new weapons introduced. Uncle Death uses it when you delete a fighter and you can also see it on the wall behind the shop guy.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Wait they're in this soundtrack?

That's sick. I usually only rush to the arcade to check the radio for those really weird sounding electronic songs or some industrial rave poo poo like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnvsp1EMViM

That was boss music right?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Now that I think about it, the only type of music I haven't found in the radio was country. Music for everyone, except them darn country fans.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
New to the game but i'd heard that the iron was good for parrying. Not quite sure how the parry mechanic works. I think I skipped or missed that particular tutorial. Some people say for the iron you press L1 or R1 depending on the hand which I found odd because that does absolutely nothing. I'm confused and missing something. Help.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Regarde Aduck posted:

New to the game but i'd heard that the iron was good for parrying. Not quite sure how the parry mechanic works. I think I skipped or missed that particular tutorial. Some people say for the iron you press L1 or R1 depending on the hand which I found odd because that does absolutely nothing. I'm confused and missing something. Help.

Have you levelled the iron up enough to get the alt attack for it? All weapons have an alternate mapped to L/R 1, (the iron is a parry rather than an attack) but you need to kill enough things with the weapon to increase your mastery and unlock the second attack/ability.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

SiKboy posted:

Have you levelled the iron up enough to get the alt attack for it? All weapons have an alternate mapped to L/R 1, (the iron is a parry rather than an attack) but you need to kill enough things with the weapon to increase your mastery and unlock the second attack/ability.

Nope. That's probably it. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

No problem, the game throws a decent amount of information at you quite fast at the start. I had to come in here and ask a question that was literally in one of the tutorials because I'd missed it. For the record, any tutorials you've seen are in your Underworld Rolodex if you want to check something.

You can also perfect guard against attacks, but someone else will have to explain that because I suck out loud at blocking stuff in this game and only really manage it by accident. The iron has its guard as its alt attack, but you can block with anything (although again, your fists need to be leveled up before you can block weapons with them I think).

• Locked thread