Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Waltzing Along posted:

I'd be down with that. ONLY a woman protag. No male. And then use those other resources to make other parts of the game better.

But this are you a dude or a chick poo poo is stale to me. Cut that tie with the original series. Or have a hanar protag. Or an asexual robot.

knowing bioware they could never make an asexual robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

They seem to be meeting you half way by having the non-MC Ryder play a role in the story

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 25, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Admiral Ray posted:

Legion and the geth in general are asexual. Also all the robots in KoTOR and TOR. Edi's really the only exception here.

And I really hope Ryder's head buddy is to or poo poo'll be weird.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone else a bit disappointed that they went with the m/f protagonist again? I mean, I'd have preferred just one, don't care which sex, and another party member that is voiced and fleshed out. Having duplicate characters with a different voice and one with boobs doesn't really do much.

What are you on about? You aren't deciding whether Ryder was born male or female at character creation, you are choosing to play as one of the two twins, and the other twin continues to exist, talk, and be a character. They are not intended to be duplicates, and the other is presumably fleshed out, though they are not a full party member but probably more like Traynor or Joker.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Zore posted:

Legion and the geth in general are asexual. Also all the robots in KoTOR and TOR. Edi's really the only exception here.

And I really hope Ryder's head buddy is to or poo poo'll be weird.

true. but the main character has to have a romance in a bioware game.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Admiral Ray posted:

On the other hand interchangeable sexual parts does mean any player can play any orientation they want......

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone else a bit disappointed that they went with the m/f protagonist again? I mean, I'd have preferred just one, don't care which sex, and another party member that is voiced and fleshed out. Having duplicate characters with a different voice and one with boobs doesn't really do much.

No I don't care about this

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I want the Ryder sibling to suffer some sort of accident and then becomes like a robot or something where only the brain is human.

Wanna gently caress dat cyborg.

...or maybe they put the brain in the ship to run it, like a human/AI interface thing.

Wanna wax dat ship.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sibling Ryder gets arrested by space templars at the end of act 1

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

BexGu posted:

On the other hand interchangeable sexual parts

"On this planet, I think I'll install the twin pronged duck penis and feather-implants so I can impress the avarians."

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ainsley McTree posted:

Sibling Ryder gets arrested by space templars at the end of act 1

Honestly them getting kidnapped/killed by the Kett is pretty much a forgone thing.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Zore posted:

Honestly them getting kidnapped/killed by the Kett is pretty much a forgone thing.

Instead of Chambers being dissolved into soup if you don't launch the rescue mission in time, it'll be your sibling.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Drifter posted:

I want the Ryder sibling to suffer some sort of accident and then becomes like a robot or something where only the brain is human.

Wanna gently caress dat cyborg.

...or maybe they put the brain in the ship to run it, like a human/AI interface thing.

Wanna wax dat ship.

...Are you asking for a incest romance?

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 25, 2017

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

marshmallow creep posted:

"On this planet, I think I'll install the twin pronged duck penis and feather-implants so I can impress the avarians."

Did you mean (twin pronged) duck penis implant, or twin (pronged duck penis) implants? I'm collecting user suggestions for a mod...

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yes.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SgtSteel91 posted:

...Are you asking for a incest romance?

Oh, THAT'S the line you bioware fans draw the line at?

:rolleyes:

No. I wanna hit dat robot. Joker shouldn't be the only one. :colbert:
And maybe wash the spaceship. It's probably pretty dirty. :liara:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 25, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lol if you think the fandom has a line there

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Waltzing Along posted:

actually it's really good

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SgtSteel91 posted:

So the Neogaf poster was right about the trailer coming out before this weekend.

Let's see if it will turn around the skeptics like they said the trailer would.

You mean like how the Blur trailers overhyped The Old Republic?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yep. Came upon an unironic request for it on the Unofficial forums while I was looking for news a few weeks back. :sigh:

JawKnee posted:

actually it's really good

Perhaps the only good thing...

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

That line was crossed back with Baldur's Gate II. Dear god was it crossed :suicide:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Kavak posted:

That line was crossed back with Baldur's Gate II. Dear god was it crossed :suicide:

Heya it's me

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Kavak posted:

No worries, incest involving gods (and by extension demigods) doesn't count. Neither does bestiality. Thanks Greece!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Sure are a lotta people being antagonistic in this conversation about protagonists

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kavak posted:

I just wanted them to get back to their roots, you know? Had no idea why that poster was attacking me.

:ohdear:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If you can't romance your sibling then Bioware doesn't know what the fans want. Because everyone would do it at least once, just for the laughs.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Nevets posted:

No worries, incest involving gods (and by extension demigods) doesn't count. Neither does bestiality. Thanks Greece!

As far as I recall in BG1/2 the player character and Imoen have different fathers and different mothers, and are only 'siblings' in the sense that your fathers were possessed by Baal at the time of your conception. Incest-by-divine-lineage doesn't count :colbert:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Hedrigall posted:

Sure are a lotta people being antagonistic in this conversation about protagonists

hero anti-hero pairs self-anhilate on contact, causing miles of devastation

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

According to ToB Bhaal did the nasty directly each time, but that retconned a ton of stuff badly so who knows oh god I am sorry I started this conversation

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

If you can't romance your sibling then Bioware doesn't know what the fans want. Because everyone would do it at least once, just for the laughs.

Your sibling will come hang out with you in your room if you don't have a romance by the end of the game. You'll hang around and shoot the poo poo and they'll ask if you're thinking about settling down with anyone when it's all over, and you'll get all wistful.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I hope that instead of fighting an alien menace, andromeda is just a series of citadel parties, and also that it's a visual novel

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

your sibling will get a real job while you're busy galavanting around, settle down with someone and successfully balance a good career with raising a family
the epilogue will be a tense conversation with your dad demanding you to justify your poor life choices and lack of grand children.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Admiral Ray posted:

I could go for a Mass Effect game about Legion's original story of hunting down the Shepard.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

your sibling will get a real job while you're busy galavanting around, settle down with someone and successfully balance a good career with raising a family
the epilogue will be a tense conversation with your dad demanding you to justify your poor life choices and lack of grand children.

"Why do you think I spent so much on Asari hookers? You're welcome, dad."

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I want to gently caress the Normandy

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Moola posted:

itt the Normandy penetrates you.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

hey look it's new earth

*planet looks like it is falling apart*

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Drifter posted:

itt the Normandy penetrates you.

yisssssssssssssssssssssss

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Moola posted:

the feelings mutual, if you purchase this dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I would be ok with one protagonist of a set gender but only if it was a heavily muscular woman