Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I legit think this postmodern mindset is going to make the alt-right insane, like, much more than they already are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
insanity doesn't disqualify you from running a succesful political movement, especially in the short term

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I legit think this postmodern mindset is going to make the alt-right insane, like, much more than they already are.

It's tempting to hope this, but in the meanwhile, postmodernism has been as fortuitous for the alt-right as modernism was for National Fascism under Mussolini. The alt-right loves Mussolini. This is the funny thing about how cavalierly many liberals will compare Trump to Hitler. The alt-right doesn't identify Trump with Hitler, but with Mussolini, a figure who is prided purely because he advanced a model of far-right politics which was neoclassical, rejecting biological racism in favor of a 'pragmatic' nationalism, which is more than ready to embrace individuals - superficially - of any race, religion, or creed, so long as they assimilate into the sychophant cult of the nation-state.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Say, whatever happened to that Mussolini fella?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Mussolini, and Italian fascists in general, didn't care nearly as much about Jews as their German counterparts did. The Fascist party even had Jewish members. Antisemitic legislation in Italy only came into existence due to pressure from the Third Reich.

Oswald Moseley's British Union of Fascists took it's influences more from Italy than Germany and as such didn't emphasize antisemitism. At least not for those Jews who were established and integrated the ones who had more recently immigrated and still had more of their original culture were of course seen as a threat to national unity. This lead to the BUF being called "Kosher fascists" by some of the other far-right groups in Britain.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Egbert Souse posted:

He did some hanging around.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fringerider/apocalypse-now-the-game

Uuuuhhhh

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Couldn't Coppola just sell a couple bottles of wine to pay for it. Find it annoying that the upper middle class and millionaires would use crowd sourcing. You have money and connections.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Is it just gonna be a Far Cry mod? They've done that poo poo like 4 times now...

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Egbert Souse posted:

If Baudrillard were alive to see this.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Spec Ops The Line was pretty much that anyway. What a weird idea.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Death By The Blues posted:

Couldn't Coppola just sell a couple bottles of wine to pay for it. Find it annoying that the upper middle class and millionaires would use crowd sourcing. You have money and connections.

Actually, this is a pretty solid use of crowdfunding. I kind of like the aspect of letting the public participate in the making of something rather than it being just be fronted by big investors.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

They name check Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2 as games the developers had worked on, and both those kickstarters ended up with games that were pretty close to what the majority of backers expected, so depending on which developers from those projects and what their level of involvement is, it could be decent.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Every so often I remember that Welcome Home isn't meant to be like an evil monologue sung by an evil prince from one of their concept albums, it's the main Coheed guy whining about an actual girlfriend who dumped him while the band was on tour, and I'm like... does my man have a lot more self-awareness than I'd give a prog metal singer credit for, or even less

I'm leaning "more" right now but either way it makes the song even goofier

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The instrumental version of that song owns.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mandatory

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reyW1WPJm04

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Thank you Chapo Trap House for giving me one thing to look forward to on a Trump regime and that being him attempting to deliver the State of the Union.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41vArfMDmmo

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Jenny Angel posted:

Every so often I remember that Welcome Home isn't meant to be like an evil monologue sung by an evil prince from one of their concept albums, it's the main Coheed guy whining about an actual girlfriend who dumped him while the band was on tour, and I'm like... does my man have a lot more self-awareness than I'd give a prog metal singer credit for, or even less

Ah, see, but the author is the evil prince! So even though it's 'prog rock,' we can still make an emo song about symbolically killing his ex-girlfriend.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
So I just read that Mike Pence calls his wife "Mom". How perfect is that?

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

the cassette recorder hooked to the computer lmao

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Mike comes home every night with just one question for his loving wife...

WHERE'S MY BOURBON?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Should've went with the theatrical version DVD of Apocalypse Now.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
As if my love for Henry Cavill wasn't big enough from MoS and Beavis, he's amazingly charming in Man from U.N.C.L.E. That movie is pretty delightful overall but Cavill is just bringing all the suaveness of Bond with none of the rapiness.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

CPL593H posted:

My dad's ex calls their kids (my little siblings) "brother" and "sister" instead of their actual names.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
the clip from new chapo of the kid burning poo poo is fantastic

"because i want to, and i want to say screw our president!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Too real.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

gently caress Whitey posted:

the clip from new chapo of the kid burning poo poo is fantastic

"because i want to, and i want to say screw our president!"

I will be proud to serve under that child in the American rebellion of 2022

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
and that child was john connor

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I will be proud to serve under that child in the American rebellion of 2022

his name is connor

maybe it's

JOHN CONNOR???? SKYNET IS REAL WE ALL GONNA DIE

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

and that child was john connor

gently caress YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Gamers don't learn anything from games, they just repeat meaningless cultural signifiers without any attemp at analysis. A Good Cartoon.

CPL593H posted:

Not mom, "mother." For some reason, all the creepiest dudes say "mother." (See also: Norman Bates, that episode of the F Plus about loving stuffed animals)

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

K. Waste posted:

Ah, see, but the author is the evil prince! So even though it's 'prog rock,' we can still make an emo song about symbolically killing his ex-girlfriend.

Honestly the ex sounds like a pretty cool person, I'm up for hanging out with anyone who storms off to scar some armadas

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Jenny Angel posted:

Didn't he write himself into the story as a villain or something? So it's kind of both...

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Jenny Angel posted:

Honestly the ex sounds like a pretty cool person, I'm up for hanging out with anyone who storms off to scar some armadas
I've never looked into the official storyline, but in my mind the first 3 albums (never listened to later ones) are about humans waging star war on God. How close did I get?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Slugworth posted:

I've never looked into the official storyline, but in my mind the first 3 albums (never listened to later ones) are about humans waging star war on God. How close did I get?

The Amory Wars is set in Heaven's Fence, a collection of 78 planets held in place by interconnecting beams of energy, known as the Keywork. The first half of the story narrates Coheed Kilgannon and Cambria Kilgannon's struggle against Wilhelm Ryan, the Supreme Tri-Mage (later referred to as the Archmage). The second half of the story focuses on the heroic journey of their son, messianic Claudio Kilgannon. Over the course of the story, Claudio assumes the mantle of The Crowing, foretold savior of Heaven's Fence. In the end, he will face the Archmage, absolute ruler of Heaven's Fence and the one ultimately responsible for the death of Claudio's family.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Someone should make a prog rock album where all the songs are about sniffing glue, getting in fights and burning poo poo but are still at least 15 minutes long with elaborate mandolin solos and symphonic xylophone interludes . Then make a sequel album that's all punk but with lyrics that tell a really elaborate sci-fi/fantasy story but the songs are max 2 minutes of screams, howls and 3 chord guitar riffs so distorted it sounds like the amp was broken.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

FreudianSlippers posted:

Someone should make a prog rock album where all the songs are about sniffing glue, getting in fights and burning poo poo but are still at least 15 minutes long with elaborate mandolin solos and symphonic xylophone interludes . Then make a sequel album that's all punk but with lyrics that tell a really elaborate sci-fi/fantasy story but the songs are max 2 minutes of screams, howls and 3 chord guitar riffs so distorted it sounds like the amp was broken.

i got the second one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

MacheteZombie posted:

The Amory Wars is set in Heaven's Fence, a collection of 78 planets held in place by interconnecting beams of energy, known as the Keywork. The first half of the story narrates Coheed Kilgannon and Cambria Kilgannon's struggle against Wilhelm Ryan, the Supreme Tri-Mage (later referred to as the Archmage). The second half of the story focuses on the heroic journey of their son, messianic Claudio Kilgannon. Over the course of the story, Claudio assumes the mantle of The Crowing, foretold savior of Heaven's Fence. In the end, he will face the Archmage, absolute ruler of Heaven's Fence and the one ultimately responsible for the death of Claudio's family.
Oh man, I'm sticking with my interpretation.

(In my interpretation, the ex in Welcome Home is God)

• Locked thread